The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Catch up work (Kaya)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cass

Cass

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2013-03-24

Catch up work (Kaya) Empty
PostSubject: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:35 pm

Cass stood in the middle of the academy training grounds as he looked around a little worried someone would appear to chase him off. It had been weeks since his fateful meeting with Kuroi had put his life back on the path that he had longed for; no more was he a bar-hand in some run down bar in the rukongai, but he was a full fledged shinigami now and his dark robes reflected that status. Still it did little to abate the feelings of uneasiness that he felt being back on academy grounds. Cass turned suddenly as a trio of birds launched from the trees behind him, the young shinigami's hands were balled tight into fists.

With a sigh of relief he decided that it was high time that he got down to business, Cass quietly stripped out of the top of his robes and tied the arms around his waist so that his chest was bare and leaned his zanpakuto against a tree so that it rested in the afternoon shade. I am a shinigami now, but because of my expulsion I am behind the other reapers in terms of physical and spiritual ability. Cass bent his arms and took a readied stance waiting for the signal to begin. Somewhere off in the distance he heard a bird screech loudly and Cass launched himself forward with a single step his right fist striking out at an imaginary enemy.

As soon as his feet hit the ground Cass swiveled his his hips and turned his left side forward as he struck another enemy. It continued like this for hours, the young shinigami would strike dodge roll then strike once more as he fought enemy after enemy. It wasn't until the sun had sunk behind the tops of the trees did he allow himself to stop and rest. Sitting down next to his blade he had pondered it's words, “You know my name...call me forth.”

Do I really know your name? Or was that just something you told me to vex me to no end? Cass looked at his sword rather pissed off as he used his hand to brush his hair out of his face.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male
Number of Posts : 32
Registration Date : 2013-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:08 pm

Kaya was merely walking the halls, trying to clear her head out of all the troublesome ordeals she had gone through this day, always nagging, invitations, indications as to which was best. Though she haven't turned anything away she atleast had alot of options. Though it was hard to say which was the best, even to herself. late afternoon stroll slowly passed onto being a evening stroll without her even noticing, the time away from her duties was just so relaxed she had gotten carried away in thought, not even realizing where she was walking at. She suddenly stopped up looking around, trying to spot a key point in which she could indicate where she was at exactly, or atleast what area.

She quickly figured she had wandered away as far as to the academy grounds, knowing that chances where none was to be found in the area she turned to leave, as her keen hearing picked up on something feint in the distance, small sounds of movement, all in all it was right to assume someone was here even at this hour but who?

She changed dirrection soon it had led herself to a training ground, normally abandoned at this hour, but occupied in the early hours, her eyes drifted over the place as she stood there, most likely to hard to spot and watched for a time, not wanting to interrupt someone, since that would be considered rude. The man was obviously training, and by his clothes she could indicate that he was atleast a graduated shinigami, and most likely a member of the gotei unless special conditions allowed him not to be yet, as she had.

It took a long while, but in the end rest was needed, she allowed him to sit, while a thought came to mind, how long had he been going at it before she had come here. Then a odd sense brought up, she did have to atleast introduce herself, seeing as anything else would seem rather creepy, so she stepped fourth slowly trailing down to the grounds, while listening to the few muttered words. "Who's name I wonder..?" Or she knew just didn't want to assume things too soon, as she kept her walk. She wore a standart black shinigami kimono though most of it could not be seen due to the dark blue robe she wore over it, on the back of the rope the crest of her family. on her left hip hung two Zanpakuto's. Intruth she properly looked more manacing than she truely was, though that was up to the person she talked to, to determinate.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 7:48 pm

Cass' head lifted as he heard the sounds of twigs snapping; this late in the day he figured no one would want to even think of using the training grounds after a hard day's session of academy work.   Looking around the young shinigami realized there was no way he could disappear unnoticed,  “Fuck...”  Cass mumbled and grabbing his word from where it sat he stood with the blade in his right hand holding it where the sheath and guard meet.  

He studied the intruder to his moment of peace with a look of curiosity mixed with a small trace of anxiety.   It appeared to be a young woman in a blue robe over her standard black shinigami robes.   Whoever this girl is she is a full shinigami like me, but what is she doing here at the academy?   Is she a teacher or maybe a shinigami just looking for a moment's respite like me?  Of course, someone could of called her out to see why a shinigami was fighting invisible monsters and raising hell out on the practice fields.   Looking at her face the first thing that drew him in was the fact that the woman coming down the path towards him had piercing blue eyes.Focus...  Cass shook his head and moved his gaze from her eyes, only to notice the fact that she carried two zanpakuto on her hip.

She is one of the rare shinigami that wield two blades...  Cass cleared his throat, “Sorry, I didn't mean to cause a disturbance, I just figured no one would be out here this time of day.”   Cass jogged to the edge of the training ground to meet the woman with the piercing blue eyes, “Did they send you out here to ask me to leave? Or am I still not welcomed anywhere near the academy?”  Cass said with light humor in voice. Remembering his manors he bowed slightly to the young girl as one would to an equal, “Sorry, my name is Castiel, but please just call me Cass.”
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:05 pm

Kaya kept walking untill she had moved into a position where talking was more easily done then from afar, she didn't look angry nor did she look overly happy, just plainly content. her smile was there though, even if it was merely feint. She had to contain herself from laughing at the mans reaction, not a reaction she had tried recieving before.

She kept watching and listening, allowed the man to finnish his sentances before speaking, though she gently raised an eyebrow, not entirely sure what he meant by it all, and then it kidna came to her, he had no idea who she was, but somehow it had seemed she ooked the part to have been an instructor or an overseer here. "I'm not sure what you're talking about, but be at ease I am not here for that reason, just out on a walk actually" Her smile became more aparent, as to help herself not laughing. "No need for all those apologies either, infact I should apologize for my intrution, my name is Kaya, pleased to meet you Castiel" He voice was calm and clean, overall pretty tone, meaning no harm in her words.

Kaya sighed softly taking a look around them for a moment, pondering over the words she had just been given even if they weren't meant to be hear by her. "I can't help but wonder however, you say you where banned from the academy? and you seem to be a shinigami allready accepted into one of the Gotei, why use these grounds instead of your division's own?" It was mere speculation to be truthful, though she suspected it might have something to do with the way he training fighting 'invisible enemies' where others woud use dummies to some's perspective might seem embaressing. She crossed her arms calmly, and kept a straight stance, as in a mildly formal manner.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 8:30 pm

Cass' easy going manner was dropped as soon as the young woman asked how he had become a shinigami without first going through the academy. “It's difficult to explain, lets just say that even though I was expelled I still learned to communicate with my sword in a roundabout way.” Cass frowned, truth be told his blade's spirit had forced it's way into his mind because it didn't like the way he was letting his life fall to pieces.

“As for the reason as to why I am not using my own division's practice grounds...well I would rather not let anyone know that I am out here practicing. You see while you and all the rest of the shinigami have gained your knowledge at the academy I have done nothing other than have to scare a few thugs at a run down bar in the Rukongai.” Cass gave Kaya an impish grin, “Not much call to use a sword out there only your own to hands and feet; occasionally shoot off a kido or two and you scare most of the riffraff off. But I am looked down on in my squad as one of the weaker members because of my lack of experience...the experience you gain here at the academy...So if I spend the evenings and my free time out here practicing I will eventually overcome those who look down on me.

“So what about you? Why do you choose to walk out here and not around your squad's barracks?” Cass kept his face stoic as he waited for an answer.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 4:34 am

Kaya stood very patiently and listened though explanation was hard to get, good enough explanation in the end ofcourse, understandable it wasn't but an explanation none the less. She was in no position to judge she had declined becoming a shinigami for a long time after all, living of the noble life was what she expected to do with her life, but things wouldn't work her way it seemed. "I'm surpriced you were allowed to keep your assauchi after getting expelled... guess you were lucky then..?" She asked her voice stull calm but now she added a overtone of softness to it, letting the conversation drift into oneof a more friendly manner.

The next part was put in such a way it had caught Kaya offguard and a small polite giggle was let out, one which she quickly quieted down and thought her next words carefully not wanting to immasculate or embaress the man. "So its a matter of pride..." She sighed softy, ofcourse she was a woman of certain pride herself, but well that was expected. Even so she knew she wasn't the strongest, but she also knew she weren't the weakest, especially not in knowledge. Her knowledge in the soul society far exceeded most common soul reapers. "Well atleast you're making an effort to correct the faults you made in your time here..?" She spoke with a questioning tone as saying she wasn't sure it was exactly like that, but she wanted to atleast understand.

Soon the topic drifted over on her, not that she minded it at all, afterall she felt she really had nothing to hide. "Hmm... a walk can be taken anywere... but I don't exactly have a barracks to walk around so thats pretty much the reason I'm not walking there" She let out a soft chuckle before she continued. "As for why I'm walking here and not elsewhere is beacause I lost track of where I was going while lost in thoughts, it happens sometimes... then I heard some noise and then came here" She smiled gently running over in her head making sure she haven't left anything out.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2013 12:39 pm

“Well it would kind of be pointless to take a tainted assauchi once it has been given to a student, you see from the very first moment you are given your blade it's soul starts to mingle with your own. It is in this way that they become the zanpakuto spirits that are unique to each of us, so if they had taken my sword from me it would have been useless to another as it had already been with me long enough to start to form a permanent bond.” Cass smiled, he had most of his free time since he was inducted in the Gotei 13 studying why zanpakuto's act the way they do and what they really are.

Cass nodded rather glumly when the young woman had cut through everything and hit the most basic and primal reason he was out there on the field; it was because his pride wouldn't let him rest till he surpassed those who thought he was nothing but a charity case that Kuroi had taken in. It is more than pride...it is necessary for me to get stronger if I can become the strongest I can make the outer rings of the Rukongai a safe place for those who are scared to journey to far from their homes.

He simply nodded when Kaya had mentioned him righting his wrongs; he had done everything he could to right them before he left, but after he left he had continued to work at making things right. His anger had gotten him into trouble before in the past and that was part of the reason he took the job he did after his exile. Working in the bar had taught him many things, but most importantly it had tempered his anger and taught him not to go to extremes when things didn't go his way.

Cass smiled when Kaya had mentioned that she could take a walk anywhere, Well at least she tries to be funny... After she had finished he realized that it had been his 'fighting' that had caught her attention, “So...you say you don't have a barracks; yet you where the uniform of a shinigami? How exactly does that work?”
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2013 8:22 am

Kaya eyebrow rose slightly, for a commoner h knew quite alot about the process of ones Zanpakuto, not hat she haven't allready known these things, she had been taught in the ways of the shinigami before she even joined the academy, and what he said wasn't wrong, but she also caught a few missing points. "While what you say is correct, your missing a huge point in where you got lucky... you wheredismissed from the academy meaning the academy deamed you not worthy of becoming a shinigami weather or not the assauchi had bonded yet proves no point then... since its out greatest weapon and its not something the soul society wants so its taken from anyone who drops out of is banned... I vouch that someone held their hand over you letting you keep it, atleast for a while. Like a test or... something..." It was quite a mystery, not something Kaya had ever experienced or heard of happening before, or maybe it had it was just not something the books mentioned.

She had figured she was mostly right, but comfirmation proved it completly. Driven by pride could be a good thing, though she wasn't sure this was the case. Useing the evening to do extra training in secret could have it downsides in the long run seeing as it would leave him exhausted for the next day, meaning he would seem weaker than he was. She sighed softly, figuring that it simply meant he shouldn't count on seeing any promotions untill he was able to proove himself fully in the day time. unless someone besides Kaya picked up his evening strolls, she sensed around the place quickly picking up on no one so she figured that wasn't the case.

She looked kinda surpriced, hoping he wouldn't have caught on to that detail so precisely, but alas it wasn't something to be ashamed of, and there for nothing to hide. "Well you see... thats the only thing I haven't been telling you the whole truth about you see... my full name is Kaya Ryukyu of the noble Ryukyu family..." She took a slightly pause wanting to take in Cass's full reaction. "Which cut short means I can pull some strings to get some perks... only due to the fact my brother is a captain and there are divisions who has invited me to join them" She smiled softly, she was a full fledged shinigami and partly member of the gotei, just not officially yet.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01, 2013 10:43 pm

Cass's brow furrowed, he hadn't considered this...could someone have been keeping an eye on him the entire time he had been exiled from the academy? Had he ever really been expelled in the first place? Why would they just leave him on his own for so long? They never did leave you completely alone... A familiar voice spoke in the back of his mind. Even when you assumed you had been exiled; the bar you found work at was frequented by senior students and shinigami alike. If you were ever any danger to yourself or others they were always no more than two or three minutes away if worse came to worse.

The sigh from Kaya brought him back from his small retreat into his own mind, the spirit of his zanpakuto had pulled him away for a brief moment only to argue what the young woman she herself had thought on the matter of his exile. Cass had always been so sure of his convictions before but in just the matter of a few minutes everything had come crumbling down. “...my full name is Kaya Ryukyu of the noble Ryukyu family..” The shinigami's eyes widened just a bit. She's a noble!? I shouldn't even be talking to her and yet she doesn't act like one would think a noble should.

“So your a noble?” Cass let out a snicker, “You certianly don't act like the nobles that we hear tales of in the Rukongai.” He looked her over once more, her frame was slight but not so that she appeared weak in the slightest. “So if you plan on getting into a squad on your brother's reputation? Do you even know how to use those two blades you carry or are they just decorative?”
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:15 am

Kaya looked mildly surpriced, what rumors exactly, she had been around for a long time now and even read about how the nobles used to be and what has changed since then, and ofcourse what haven't changed. "What? That we live on the blood of our servants?" she playfully exagourated, not wanting to hit anything correctly, and a small giggle settled the sarcasm in her statement.

Though the next bit struck a nerve properly more than it should have but the playful plan mildly happy turned into a more unfriendly angry manner. "I'm doing no such thing, y brother have nothing to do with my life as a shinigami!" She claimed and in truth it wasn't completly true but it was how she wanted it to be, which is why it was difficult to get a division, she wanted one that didn't pick her cause of her brother or cause of her noble status.

She wasn'y really one to hesitate anymore, he seemed to want a battle and the small workout should do them both good, perhaps one would benefit more than the other but that didn't matter much. "As far as skills go I think I know how to fight better than you do, but I doubt your pride would let you beleive that, in which case its a prober place to be..." She gestured still kinda angry of the before mentioned assumption of her ties to her brother, even more so since he was a complete stranger.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 03, 2013 9:02 pm

Cass grinned, the young woman was visibly frustrated by his remarks enough so that she had even offered to have a spar with him. He chuckled a bit as he walked back to where he had been resting under the trees before Kaya had found him to retrieve his sword. “You know you might be surprised to find that I am more than capable of fighting with this blade than I appear.” He spoke calmly, in truth, the shinigami was excited. This would be his first serious fight since being 'allowed' back into the Gotei 13.

Cass held his sheathed zanpakuto in his right hand as he jogged back towards the center of the arena, Be careful, just as you are angered when your pride is questioned; this young woman is a noble and by all rights can ordered you imprisoned for even speaking ill of her family. Though she doesn't seem like she will do that... His zanpakuto spirit whispered softly in his mind, its voice sounding soft and endless as its words just seem to crash over the ones that it spoke before.

Cass frowned, Fine I can just lose this little spat and the girl go on her way. He was not at all happy at throwing a fight just to keep himself out of trouble.

No, if you do that you risk insulting her even further; I am sorry Castiel but you have cornered yourself. If you win this fight you risk making a very powerful enemy among the 13 Squads and if you throw the fight you still risk insulting one of the noble families.

“What have I gotten myself into?” He spoke under his breath as he slid his right foot back and turned his left side towards the female shinigami. “If you were serious about sparring with me, Kaya, the first move is yours.” Cass spoke up politely.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:56 am

Kaya watched him carefully, like hell she was going to let this one slide, yet she was out where she herself should be carefull, and choose her actions wisely. She was not just a member but one of the two who have the most potential to take over the house. So her actions could have an impact on how the society choose to view the family. Winning if done wrongly could be seen as an act of cruelty, loosing would let the society view them as weak. She sighed deeply and with that though stared for a moment in another thought, he better put of a decent fight, anything else is a complete disgrace either way.

Her keen sight caught Cass making reactions that didn't seem to be due to her standing there, then she heard some words spoken, clearly not meant for her, and it was too feint for her to make out. It made her wonder, was he a mad man talking to himself or was there a bot more to him. She hoped for the later. She snapped out of her thoughts, and took a deep breath, letting it back out in a sigh. "Ofcourse..." She rolled her shoulders while taking off the robe leaving her standing in only the shinigami kimono, which she had chosen to wear slightly more sightly than most, for her own reasons, which ofcourse her curves into a better display, though that wasn't the reason for doing it.

She went over placed the robe, and then walked back gave a quick bow to signal that she was ready to begin. It was mostly a noble and respectful thing to do in a spar and she didn't expect him to repay the gesture as few did, she would give him the time to do so if he wanted to however. After that she usheathed her blades, the long Zan in her right held in a ordinary fashion the shorter in her left held in reverse grip. "You better be ready..." She gestured mostly to announce she'd attack now. And with that she elegantly pressed forward, keeping her feet light almost dancing. When within reach she'd thrust her right sword forward aimed for the chest. Merely testing his reflexes.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 1:27 pm

Cass watched as Kaya took up her position in front of him, her robes were altered to hug the curves of the young woman's body. When she gave a small bow Cass smiled slightly and nodded his head in return but his eyes never left his opponent. When she drew both of her blades Cass smiled, She holds one of the blades upside down and the other normally. She can easily follow any attack with a second or counter any straight forward attacks like that. “You better be ready.” Kaya called out as she bounded forward gracefully the longer of her blades stabbed forward towards Cass' chest. Out of reflex he turned his entire body left spinning around the young woman and keeping his sheathed sword held in his right hand.

“I wouldn't expect anything less from a noble lady...you learned to dance as a child. It's very pretty when set to music but if you intend on dancing in the arena you might end up getting a leg or two broken.” Cass smiled as he chided the young woman, hoping to make her lose her temper.

That was his plan hoping to dodge her attacks until he could figure out how she used her swords in tandem with each other so he could figure a way to fight two blades at once. “Come now that was barely a move at all...tell you what I'll give you a mulligan if you think you can do better a second time.” Cass kept his voice in a mocking tone as he balanced on the balls of he feet ready to dodge the young noble's next assault.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 2:03 pm

Kaya face slowly grew emotionless, as she still smiled it was just starting to become more focussed. She expected him to parry to be honnest, however it would seem he had a speed advantage, seeing as the movements he did was rather fast and hopefully not the fastest he could go. She sighed softly listening to the first of his taunts, while in a swift motion she'd spin around to follow while crouching down lightly, while her right hand let the blade sweep after his legs with increased speed compared the the last attack. Incase he choose to dodge by jumping over the blade she'd quickly punnish the mistake by quickly stepping up to him sweeping the left blade towards his torso.

She'd next start pressing the advance where step by step she send stabs at him forcing him back or to defend if he wished to side step he'd simply meet another stab. "Funny... since to me it looks like the oe who's dancing is you... ever felt envious of those who dance? So much you started to pratis yourself towards becoming a balerina..?" His taunts had done nothing it would seem, though it wasn't odd it haven't pride was something she had but had spent years learning how to contain, had she been a noble 'man' it would most likely have worked, but not on her atleast.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:15 pm

Kaya didn't waste a moment with his taunts as she quickly spun around her longer blade sweeping out towards his legs. Cass grinned and used his sheath to stop the blade only to see her other hand coming from the other direction, Two swords... He quickly drew his zanpakuto in order to block her other blade in its tracks as well. ...stalemate... Cass smiled, he was faster, but he could feel the power in her blows she held the advantage in a slug out fight, so he would have to use his wits to win this bout.

With a grin Cass slid his sheath up the length of Kaya's blade and aimed to catch her in the chin before he retreated backwards a few steps and sheathing his blade once more. His small retreat was short lived though as Kaya pressed forward with a flurry of attacks from both of her blades causing him to dodge and almost dance backwards to keep from getting skewered.

“Me a ballerina? No. Definitely not; I could never pull off the tights with my legs.” Cass laughed letting the attempt to mock him just roll off his back. Cass looked down and frowned as he could see a lot of small tiny cuts all over his upper body. I really need to be more careful fighting this young woman or I might end up sliced and diced.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Kaya watched closely, as choosing to keep ones sword sheathed could be a fighting style in the end but the way this guy used it, it just seemed pointless alike he had trouble even putting his head into the fight, which merely annoyed Kaya. She daftly moves her head back, mildly though surpirced almost not being able to dodge the blow, as she then pressed forward.

As she pressed for the advance she started to mildly step to the side, trying to force him to bac up against the nearest wall, or force him to actually fight back. "Ohh so it was a body issue not a want issue... well I'm sure you'll find a way to live your dreams annoyhow..." She teased merely to distract him from the fact that he was being forced up against a wall if he didn't do anything soon. The more Kaya pressed on the more she began to wander, was he really not that strong, or did he just not wish to fight back, since right now he was gaining abselutely nothing, her prime was defence not offense, so in knowledge he wasn't really getting what he needed to win.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:41 pm

Cass chuckled a bit, this young noble knew how to play the game apparently,  “Oh you don't need to worry about me living my dreams,  I am already there.”  he smiled as he took another step back; chancing a quick glance behind him Cass saw the wall of the arena behind him.  Come on just drive me a little further back...  Finally after another minute his back was against the wall physically;  now it was his turn to lead this dance.   I've only got one chance for this to work...

He grinned and started to word the spell that would turn this dance to his favor, “The fires of hell, a scrap of your power, another damned soul.  Hado: Number five, Kakyuu!”  Cass thrust out his palm and aimed a deep blue ball of flame at Kaya.   While she was distracted with the flame he would flip his sheathed blade in his hand and thrust it towards Kaya's center.  

Spinning sideways he would put the wall on his left side,  his blade hissed as it was drawn fully from it's sheath for the first time during the bout.   Now would be a good time for you to tell me your name...

You already know my name, for it was shown to you when you saw your inner self at the bottom of an endless ocean of doubt.  The spirit of his sword chided it's response remaining ever mysterious.

“Shall we dance?”  Cass swung his sword from the left, in a wide arc.  With his right he brought the sheath up in a swift jab aiming to catch Kaya in the ribs.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am

Kaya had pressed the advance though in the world of spirits and magic the ordinary tactics usually didn't work, even so she thought it best to learn them anyway. It could give her an edge where other didn't have them. She barely dodged the Fire Ball feeling the heat as it passes by, her instincts alone knowing that attack couldn't be the only one comming as her left hand passed the blade up, bashing the stab out of her way.

She quickly attempted to retaliate through turning sending a slash with her right blade though Cass had easily gotten out of her range before that. She sighed lightly, getting a proper footing again. She could easily see that this guy weren't one who excelled at Kido, not that it didn't have power but it just didn't have that concetrated flare to it that those who pride themselves as kido experts had.

Kaya weren't thinking about it for too long as the next sentance from Cass made her laugh a bit, while she was still pondering about the first he had told her. "Ohh and here I thought you weren't able to fight at all..." She choose to forget about it for now, and perhaps ask about it later, her left put her blade down against the wrist black the swing with ease without any chance of loosing her grip, noticing the seath being used as a weapon she would choose to take the jap in return she would send her own sword forward in the same manner aiming for his ribs, she knew the damage she caused would be grater than the blow she'd receive from chooshing to attack instead of blocking.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:49 pm

Cass grinned as she decided to take the jab to the ribs instead of dodging completely out of the way.   As he saw her blade moving closer to his own mid section that smile was shattered as a fierce determination masked all of his emotions. Pain ripped through his side as the blade make a shallow plunge into the right under his ribs.  “Bakudo! Number Nine: Seki!”  He called through gritted teeth, as a small blue disk appeared around his hand holding the sheath.  Cass in an unconventional manner shoved the small shield against Kaya hoping to force her backwards a few steps. Looking down at the wound he was glad to see it was nothing to serious but it would hurt like hell for a day or so...nothing he couldn't live with.

“Good so the proper lady does indeed know how to fight.”  He grinned,  holding the sword and sheath in opposite hands.   “You know this is the first time I have ever had to fight someone who uses two blades. Then again most of the people I have met here don't really understand my style of fighting; so I guess that kind of even's the playing field.”  Cass was using the moment of talking to catch his breath and hatch a new plan.

“It really does speak volumes for your character though, you using two blades to fight that is.  One of your swords is shorter than the other which means that you prefer to keep your opponent close so you can block with your long blade and stab him a few times with the shorter of the pair.   But the way you fight you seem to be willing to use the shorter blade to parry attacks as well and then power through the other.

“You never really depend on one way or the other...Hell if you had been raised in the Rukongai you'd probably one hell of a street fighter.”   Cass grinned, as he started to side step, making a wide circle around Kaya so that his back was to the center of the ring.  “Though I guess that just depends really, I mean did your brother teach you to fight like that or is it natural talent?  Is this style of fighting just something else your brother has given you to make your life here easier than the rest?

“Though you claim to not want any help...do you still depend on that help when it comes to fighting?”  His voice had more of an edge this time as he tried to find the chink in her armor of her cool demeanor.  “Face it, you are probably nothing more than a spoiled princess who wants to wail out saying she is independent, but still expects everyone to show her the respect that her position dictates.”

Careful... The spirit of his blade spoke with a calm tone.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Kaya had made the impact and was more than ready to pull back, even without the Kido being taken in use, had she choosen to she could most likely have done more damage, but even a swallow cut will ensure her victory if she could manage to keep herself from getting to harmed. The wound would eventually make things harder for Cass, his engery would drain faster, not much but slightly, she wasn't even sure if the wound was big enough to make anything matter in the end, but a few more then it would get dangerous. She smiled midly pulling back on her own before the hand reached her, unconvential you don't say, it is a defence useing it for an offense would more or less loose most of the effect. "I'm not going to put myself within arms reach like that..." She sighed lightly.

She accepted the praise if it could be considered praise in the end, tilting her head softly. "I should take that as an compliement?" She spoke though it was soon answered as he gave her another compliment, though the next made her chuckle mildly her style was a very standart tactic used by the duelist in ancient times now, though ancient as it was by now not many would know of it.

She would slowly start to trail with him allowing him a reset of positioning, though she weren't going to allow him to pin her against the wall or close to the wall. "You make it sound like you've allready figured out how I fight..?" She asked while finding it slightly funny and figured she'd show him just how wrong that was, by taking that shorter blade and put it back into its sheath. Though soon she raised an eyebrow at the mention of her brothers name, though soon she could choose to ignore it. "My brother... in theory is my younger brother..." She simply said with a mild annoyed face, she had once been the spoiled type, though it was a thing she put behind her some time ago, when she decided to become a shinigami.

Though annoying as it was to hear she had to atleast make things certain, she had to, and with that she stopped her walk if he choose to walk on to have the means to push her back to the wall again he could. "Watch your tongue... you have abselutely no understanding of knowledge therefor can't call it 'help' and NONE of my knowledge have beem gained from my... 'Brother'" She took stance placing both hands on on her blade, closing her eyes taking deep breaths listening to the sounds of all things. "But you a boy who barely can do more than dance should be very carefull even if its a baner of a spar... words like those could have consequences... but come then..." She opened her eyes starring dirrectly at Cass with a very intense glare. "if I'm sucha  princess you should have no trouble fighting me... 'shinigami'" She spoke sarcasticly in the last word, putting it very boldly that she was questioning his ability to such a point of not being worthy of being a shinigami.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 4:50 pm

Cass grinned, as he watched the young woman slide the shorter of her two blades back into the sheath on her right hip. Good now she is fighting with a single blade as opposed to fighting with both. Stabbing his blade down into the ground Cass worked to tie one of the arms of his robe around his wound while Kaya was fuming over the emotional jab he had taken at her.

It took all of thirty seconds to tie the knot over the wound and Cass was testing its mobility a little when Kaya mentioned something that made him stop. Her brother, is younger than her? How does that work? Shouldn't she be head of the noble house if he is younger? Cass grinned as his eyes twinkled mischievously. “Don't you worry princess, this 'shinigami'...” He mimiced her tone of voice, “Is more than capable of fighting you, but now I wonder if it is really worth it? I mean why should I fight someone who got skipped in their own family because they were weak?

“Or was it something else?” Cass picked his blade back up and pointed it at her, “Did you perhaps get caught with a servant? Or were any of the rumors from the Rukongai true and you really did sleep with a drunkard?” Cass cringed, he actually felt bad for the last jab, not knowing if there were such a rumor or not. “Or maybe you got skipped over simply because your father had some relations with another that wasn’t a 'noble?'”

Cass continued to goad the young woman hoping that he could trick her into attacking him first in a blind rage. People make a lot of mistakes when they are angry...”You know if you want to stop my insults you are going to have to fight to kill me...because I can just keep hammering you like an ocean facing a mountain..” Cass' eyes went wide as he felt his blade's spirit give a slight response to his last comment.

You are getting closer Castiel.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 5:06 pm

Kaya let out another sigh, he really weren't going to fight her, offense was just not her thing, she was much better standing and retaliating, so this pointless and constant harrassing really went to a point where it was getting beyond annoying, what was this man without a spine and therefor weren't capable of leading a strike. If so this was a pointless fight, so could call it a day and say she won by damage alone. But alas this guy was just taking it a bit to far.

She gritted her teeth mildly though she knew how things where and was therefor more than able to cool it down, th strikes against her family's name was something she would have him eat the words up in the end though. "I'm guessing you don't know any of the actual rumors then... the ones speaking of how we prayed to dragons for the family to recieve a son..." She took a deep breath. "In Age he surpasses me but in time spent in the soul society he is younger..." She took the grip off her Zanpakuto.

In the confussion the reveal obviously would have caused she gathered up Reishi allowing her to put alittle more power into her next move. "Insults without grounds usually leads nowhere... though I wonder can you keep your footing..." She glared an began chanting. "Engulfed by the need of want come forward, Hado number 2, Reel!" A kido that should pull Cass towards herself while she'd use that momentum to put her hand back on her blade and dashing forward sending a vertical slash. Ofcourse her aim was to either put enough force to knock his sword out of his hand or to deliver a swift cut against his right side.

Last edited by Kaya on Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:44 pm

Cass frowned, he recognized the chant, but it was too late he felt a force forcing him forward. Cass grinned, it was her first mistake. Though it was difficult for him to keep his footing as he tried to resist but he would give ground one steady step at a time, this is going to be close. “Palace of the dead sleeping within the wombs of the earth, tower above the wicked, pass your silent judgment. Hado, Number Nine: Pillar of Hades!”

The black pillar sprouted from the ground in front of Cass blocking the path between him and Kaya. With a thud he hit the pillar and could still feel the pull of the spell Kaya had cast on. For a moment Cass thought he was going to be crushed to death between his pillar and the opposing spell, but it gave after a moment. The shinigami was able to stand without being pulled forward.

“That really...hurt.” Cass rolled his shoulders as he walked around the pillar, wincing slightly as his ribs gave him slight twinge of pain. Spinning his sword in his hand the shinigami frowned, it was time he started taking this seriously. Without another word Cass dashed forward prepared to cross blades with the noble, as he got closer Cass would aim a slash towards her right shoulder hoping to take one of her arms out of the equation. Afterward no matter the outcome he would try to drive his knee up into Kaya's stomach.
Back to top Go down
Kaya

Kaya

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 2:46 pm

Kaya quickly let her sword cut shallowly at Cass's right arm, afterwards taking a few jumps back getting some distance again the attack had been less successful than she had expected, none the less she could be happy about the outcome. She was just about to taunt as the opponent finally seemed to grow serious. She swiftly moved her blade up to block, the speed was beyong what she could pull of though the patterns could be followed with some effort and the force was being brought with one hand as to where she was useing two.

Although the block was successful she wasn't considering the guy to start useing his legs, so she realised the knee's approach so avoid it instead she managed to tighten her muscles allowing her to be left with some air instead of all air beig taken from her, in which she needed to retaliate. Her left hand leaving her blade as it was in perfect height to swing a backhand punch/slap against his left cheek, immediatly moving backwards trying to obtain some distance.

Kaya would quickly focus on obtaining her breath again, she was rather happy though, this fight felt too one sided for too long. "So you're finally able to attack..?" His attacks were strong, though most of the force was in the speed up to the first attack, that gave most of it, she was proberly able to pull of strong attacks, unless the knee kick was very held back. She decided staying withing her full capability would be more dangerous now, so she unsheathed her smaller blade holding it reverse as before.
Back to top Go down
Cass

Cass

Male

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 7:58 pm

Cass' right arm burned from the cut that Kaya had left him on his right arm and now his face was red where she had backhanded him across the face. Now this is going to get fun. Cass stayed light on his feet as he watched the noble shinigmai draw her other sword once again this time holding it upside down.

“Of course I can fight.” Cass grinned as he spun his sword in his left hand. “I just wanted to see if I could push your buttons and make you lash out wildly at me without fully thinking about your actions.” Cass kept his eyes on her as he continued to speak, “When you cast that kido you did just that, you were going to bring me in close while it might be good if I lost my balance but you are forgetting I now kido as well.” Cass spoke like he was talking to a child, “I guess you weren’t taught tactics by your noble tutors.”

Cass launched himself after Kaya once again this time he kept his sword low, when he would close the gap between them he planned on using the momentum to make a slice towards her right arm only at the last moment would he turn his blade so that the flat side would give her a good whack if it hit. But the real threat would come not from blade but from the sheath which he would aim to brace Kaya right under her chest so hopefully she wouldn't be able to retaliate until she put distance between them.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Catch up work (Kaya)   Catch up work (Kaya) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Catch up work (Kaya)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next