The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) Empty
PostSubject: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 12:28 am

Shinigami spent the majority of their time paroling the human world and protecting it from hollows. But there was another aspect of their duties that was sometimes overlooked. When not on duty there was little for the shinigami to do. Those that didn't rest, would spend their time training or researching. But that was never enough. After awhile soul reapers would visit Rukongai for leisurely activities. These visits came to help clean up regions of lawlessness that had dominated the areas. Over times this too became a duty for shinigami. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement for both sides. Keeping the undesirables away gave the shingami somewhere to go beside their squad quarters all the time. While Arawn understood this in his heart of hearts, he hardly felt appreciated by the masses when he visited Rukongai. It was like in the real world, people only respected the cops because they didn't want to go to jail. The only reason people didn't mess with shinigami was because they had so much power over the normal people that populated the areas. All this went through Arawn's mind as his group made their way through the 20th Rukongai district of the south. His name had come up for the rolling patrol of the area. They had met at the gate of Seireitei and then departed for this far area. For much of the trip he had kept to the back to the group. Being in full shinigami uniform got him enough stares most trips through the districts, but seven shinigami together was like a parade. Everyone stopped and made way for the group as it navigated the streets. People almost stood frozen as they passed through each cluster of buildings. Arawn felt his ears turn red with embarrassment. He sorely wished that they could have gone to a closer region. Silently he endured it until they finally passed the 20th district boarder. The 21st district awaited.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male
Number of Posts : 173
Job/Interests : Football
Quote : Stay Golden
Registration Date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 4:14 pm

A few months passed since Drac became a member of squad 2 since then he been getting himself a custom to the lifestyle of a regular soul reaper. He been on simple mission like delivering information between squads, patrolling the seireitei at night, or heading over to the real world and scan an area for hollows. He so much that he haven't had time to relax and visit his foster parent's grave back in the Rukongai. Its a new day, as the sun began to rise over the horizon its bright light began to illuminate Drac's room in the squad 2 barracks. Drac slowly rose up from the bed and wiped the cold from his eyes. Drac looked out the window leading into his room "Ah......A new day." Drac let out a huge yawn and began his daily morning rituals of brushing his teeth, making his bed, cooking breakfast, then put on his clothing. As he was putting on his iron gauntlets, his zanpakuto, and his shinigami outfit, his superior officer burst into the room

"Gabriel, I got another job for you to do today. We receive word that there has been a spike in criminal activities in the Rukongai. You and group of other soul reapers are to head to the Rukongai and patrol the area for any signs of criminal activities in the area, Got it?" Drac nodded his head in response. The officer left his room to continue his duties "sigh, patrol duty again. Well at least its in the Rukongai maybe I'll run into a couple of old friends, then I can stop at the old man and lady graves." Drac left his room and headed for the north gate of the Seireitei leading into the Rukongai.

Drac arrived just as his group were heading into the Rukongai, he got into back and followed them into the Rukongai. As the group of seven patrol through the districts, they were getting alot of stares from the locals but that was normal for any soul reaper that appeared into the Rukongai Hmm.....I wonder who leading this group? Drac began to sense the for who had the strongest reitsu out of the group. Suddenly Drac picked up a strong reitsu right next to him, he looked to right and he couldn't believe who it was. "Wait.........Its you! Arawn, right?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 6:25 pm

"Hmmmm?" Arawn was stirred from his musings by the mention of his name. He given his fellow shinigami must attention, but it would seem one had recognized him. Still he brought himself to look at the other man. At first glance the face didn't ring a bell. A bad habit of his for forgetting people. But he did make some effort to recall who the man addressing him was. Despite this nothing came to mind. So he did what he always did; faked it.
"Oh, hello." he said in a rather nonchalant manner. "Funny running into you here."
General and non specific conversation. It was just as engaging as 'How's the weather?' but at the same time slightly personal. He did feel bad for not remember the other man, but it was troublesome to keep all the names and faces straight. Those he did remember were people he had constant interaction with. Was he really expected to know anyone and everyone he met. There were probably a million people in Seireitei. Talk about being unreasonable. That point aside he had gotten good at keeping chat quick and easy. Not like he had much to do with people outside of the 12th squad. Any kind of history he had with other squads was minimal at best. Arawn mentally shrugged as he slowed his pace to converse with the large man. It was odd that he would forget someone so big. He silently wondered how the other man new him.
"So you got roped into patrol as well, I see."
The rest of the group didn't seem to mind the two falling to the back of their march in the slightest. Most of them weren't even paying attention to anything other than where they were placing their feet. The long trip was far from the enjoyable. It would seem no two people were from the same squad making for awkward silence among the group's members. There were to unassigned people in the group, they seem to share some resentment for those that had joined a Division. Arawn could only assume it was like being picked last for dodge-ball. They wanted to play, but they didn't like that they weren't the first picks. Frankly it was moot since once you joined a squad you had to establish yourself even then. Just being picked or joining a squad wasn't enough. You didn't magically become the best without some effort.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:58 pm

"Hmmm? Oh, Hello. Funny running into you here." said Arawn as he turned around to face Drac. Drac could tell by Arawn facial expression that he didn't remember him, but at the time who would remember an academy student that you fought against a long time ago. Even though Arawn forgotten his name he played along with it. "Yeah, it is funny running into you here, last time I saw you was during that capture the flag event back when I was a academy student. Back then I thought you held a seated position, but I guess your just a regular soul reaper. A strong one though." Drac continued down the path with rest of the group but his pace is with that of Arawn to continue the conversation.

"So you got roped into patrol as well, I see." said Arawn, Drac quickly nodded in response "Yeah, my superior officer gave me the job at the last minute. I'm not complaining though, I get to visit the place I once called my home at lest. Probably visit my foster parents grave after this." Drac stopped talking and began looking around the area to see any familiar faces. He notice an elderly woman that he used to visit to get apples from, he waved at the old woman. The elderly woman notice Drac waving at her and quickly recognized him, a smile appeared on her face as she waved back to him "Gabriel....it so good to see you again. Stop by when you get the chance to get some apples." said the old lady

"Ok, I will. See ya soon." Drac looked from her direction and faced arawn again. "So....how did you get on patrol duty, I would think some of your skill would be doing something else."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:20 pm

For once Arawn was genuinely surprised. With most of these bluffed conversations he could go literally minutes without ever figuring out when or how he knew the other person. Gabriel had set a new record for him entirely. Indeed Arawn did vaguely recall his hand in helping with a student activity. While he didn't remember the full details the capture the flag stood out. He had helped with other training exercises in the past, but most of those were kendo practice. So this young man was a former student. From the looks of him he hardly looked like the common student. Arawn silently scolded himself for not being making a note of them an sooner. In any case it seemed he was from Rukongai. That was good, perhaps he was familiar with the area as well.
"Unlike most I'm on the active roster." Arawn began in response to the man's question. "I can't stand to be not do my part when I can. While it's rare, I do get missions to the human world as well as the Rukongai." he explained. Indeed he was probably the only one in his squad that actually volunteered for such things. He could hardly imagine Bryce or Simone taking part in policing Rukongai let alone taking down a hollow. Arawn suppressed a chuckle at the thought. It was then that he noticed that their group had stopped. They were now at the edge of the city. One of the shinigami a dark haired man turned to look at the rest of the group.
"Alright everyone, we're going to remain here for three days. Or lodging will be located down the main street. I want everyone to spread out scout the area. Meet in the center of town in 2 hours." There were some murmurings from the others. "Call if you find anything."

Arawn shrugged. "Would you mind teaming up with me for now Mr Gabriel? Might as well work together." While the defacto leader hadn't mentioned teaming up, he hadn't discouraged it. Spreading out wasn't a bad idea, but being split up could be troublesome. Like swimming a 'buddy' was a decent strategy to take. "The sooner we get done the sooner we can rest." Arawn was already tired form walking, moving about an unfamiliar city for 2 more hours didn't sound fun at all.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:08 pm

"Unlike most I'm on the active roster. I can't stand to be not do my part when I can. While it's rare, I do get missions to the human world as well as the Rukongai." said Arawn. Drac listen to what Arawn was saying but his main focus was on an abandon small town shop that used to sell crops and produce from the small farm around the area. Drac knew that shop far to well for that was the shop he used to work at with his foster parents. Drac suddenly to remember the times he had at that shop, even though it wasn't much money coming in or no matter hard the work was he always had fun, and when it wasn't that busy he would go play with the kids nearby.

Drac snapped back from his flash back as the shinigam with dark hair turned around to address the group "Alright everyone, we're going to remain here for three days. Our lodging will be located down the main street. I want everyone to spread out scout the area. Meet in the center of town in 2 hours. Call if you find anything." Drac nodded his head in response This is give me to visit them and also see some of my- "Would you mind teaming up with me for now Mr Gabriel? Might as well work together. The sooner we get done the sooner we can rest." At first Drac didn't want to team up, since he want to go to other things, but he realize it would be best to stick to the mission. He would free time later after all they would be down here for three days. "Sure, why not."

Drac walked off toward the direction of a dirt road fillied with holes and loose rocks that lead to the outskirts, He knew this road has many hiding spot for criminals to use to avoid attention. He turned around and waited on Arawn before continuing.

Last edited by Drac on Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:12 am

The man took some time to consider his words. It wasn't a bad idea, there more reward than risk for such a thing. Who could turn down extra help? It wasn't like he was going to to thrust his work upon the rookie or anything. He too would do hie part, but rather have some company to make it easier. Already the rest of the group began to separate and head in their different directions. Standing at the edge of the town it was difficult to gauge the scope of the city itself. For all he knew it could be thousands of miles wide, but he strongly doubted it. The man that had barked orders of course took the main street while everyone else scattered like dust in the wind. Arawn just shrugged and looked to see which way his large friend had taken. Gabriel didn't seem all that hesitant in picking a path. It would seem he was correct in his assumption that he knew something of the area. But why did he choose that road was known only to him. Arawn had faith in the man's choice and was quick to follow.

"So what squad did you end up joining?" he asked as he fell into line behind the larger man. How long ago was it when he'd seen the student. It was commendable that he had joined a division so quickly. Although Arawn did recall joining the 12th squad not long after his own lack luster graduation. "Did they scout you or something?" he had heard of instances when students were sought out by the different groups of the Gotei well before they even finished their terms. In some cases the nobles that attended got to literally pick where they were stationed even not having to serve any patrols. Obviously this wasn't the case for Gabriel. The man hardly seemed to be the man that was born of nobles or even connected to the high society. He took his eyes off the road long enough to observe the buildings along dirt street. This wasn't a badly formed town. Not bad at all for a 20s district.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 3:59 pm

As Arawn followed behind him, Drac continue down the dirt road amd began scouting for any sign that might alert him or tell him if anyone besides them are in the area. "So what squad did you end up joining? Did they scout you or something?" said Arawn, Drac slightly turned his head "I joined Squad 2, after the graduation a member from Squad 2 appeared before me and said he was impressed with my skill and ask if I would like to join. So I decided to join, orignally I was thinking about joining either 11 or 12 but that before I meet that I guy. Hey I don't think I asked but what squad you from?" Drac waited for Arawn to reply to his answer before continuing scouting ahead.

As Drac and Arawn continue down the path ahead they notice that the were beginning to enter the forest area on the outskirts of town. "Arawn.....don't you think its kind of strange that we are spending three days down here in the Rukongai? My superior officer told me that there was a spike in criminal activities in the area, but even so it shouldn't take three days to figure out what going on. What did yours tell you?"

As they continued their conversation, Drac notice that they were heading down into the dense part of the forest that has many hiding spot and high hills that can be use to spy on or attack unexpected travelers . "Be on alert, this area has many advantage spot that could be use to spy on us."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:59 am

So he had been scouted. It was odd such a large man was sought out by the 2nd Division. From what little Arawn knew of the group they were commonly referred to as the stealth unit. It seemed odd for such a tall fellow to be sought out for those looking to remain hidden. The fact was he stood out quite abit. Even among the group he was the tallest person there.
"I've yet to join a squad." Arawn once again lied. He had taken care to wear a blank uniform. Most times a shinigami would have his squad's emblem woven into the chest of their shirt. Arawn's was without such an emblem. For all intents and purposes he was a squadless, seatless shinigami. No one of interest. He wondered what rank the man that was commanding the group was. If Arawn hadn't take these measures he had a feeling that he'd would have been placed in charge of the trip. That idea sounded less than appealing for him. So instead he decided to fade into the background and let someone else take the helm. He wondered if Gabriel held a rank yet. Being scouted by the 2nd division, might mean his skill were that to obtain a seat quickly. It was possible, but at the same time very unlikely.

The thought about rank faded as he turned him mind to Gabriel's second question. Why were they going to stay there for 3 days. A simple patrol should be over and done with in a day. Why the prolonged stay? There's no way to tell. Maybe there was more going on than they were being told.
"No clue." he said as he turned the thought over and over in his head. There were several possibilities "Maybe we should ask the leader when we get to the Inn?" He pointed to the sun slowly sinking through the sky. "It took nearly all day to get here. Perhaps we're to make a firm effort in tackling the criminal element?" Arawn said with shrug. With Gabriel's warning he looked glanced around. Indeed it did look like the nice place to hide or even an ambush. Unfortunately he felt no spiritual pressure. Even on a good day his ability to detect such things was grossly limited.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 7:15 pm

"I've yet to join a squad." said Arawn, Drac notice a shift in his tone when he spoke that alert him to something......He was lying again. Drac became suspicious of his partner, the fact that he lied about his rank indicated that he didn't want to attract attention to himself. Drac knew that in order for this mission to go without a hitch he would need full cooperation with Arawn because without trust he wouldn't know whether this man is trying to help him....or stab him in the back. Drac put the issue of trust in the back of head as Arawn reply to his second question. "No clue. Maybe we should ask the leader when we get to the Inn?" said Arawn "Your right we should." Drac notice Arawn pointing to the slowly sinking sun. "It took nearly all day to get here. Perhaps we're to make a firm effort in tackling the criminal element?"

Drac nodded his head and turned and face him "Your probably right....You know you don't have to lie to me right. I know you were lying when you said you didn't-" Drac stopped talking for he notice something on a nearby tree, a strange red marking. He walked toward and place his hand on the marking to see what it was, it was paint. Drac became more alert and began searching the bushes nearby, after a few second he waved Arawn to come over.

"Look....A faded footprint." Drac push the bush to the side a little and reveal to Arawn a footprint that was barely visible. "Someone was here, maybe a couple hours before we even came to the Rukongai. I think we better head back to the Inn and report this to the leader, besides it getting dark.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 9:04 pm

His large companion was about to say something, but had stopped. Lies? Maybe he figures I'm part of a squad. To that Arawn shrugged. Rank was something he didn't like to fixate on. In the 12th squadron there were ranks, but being of high rank there meant more responsibilities rather than prestige. The captain was their leader not superior. Not many groups shared that mindset. At the same time Arawn knew there were those in the didn't completely adhere to that doctrine either. But there were other reasons to lie as well. Even if he did profess that he was the 9th seat of the 12th Division that didn't mean people would readily follow his commands. The 12th squad quite the stigma to overcome. While acknowledged, and feared, for their technical know how. They weren't respected for much else. Physically Arawn felt he could hold his own against any shinigami, but the reputation of the 12ths squad weakness hung over him like a bad smell. If he did anything people thought it was because he had something to prove rather than he was just doing it because he could. All the while he thought about the matter Gabriel had approached a tree off the beaten path. The other man had paced the tree and found something of interest. After a moment he beckoned Arawn over.

Slowly Arawn approached and examined the tree as well. It didn't take long for him to see the paint as well. Had he been paying attention he might have spotted it first. While he looked at the bark, Gabriel had moved on to searching the ground. After a second he had found what he was looking for. It would seem that he was a capable tracker or had just an eye for detail. Either would be worthy of the 2nd Division seeking him out. Still the red paint and foot print did indeed mean that someone had been here. What concerned him more was the red mark. Was it some kind of sign for others? Perhaps a message to others. Possibily whoever had been there was scouting the area. The vanguard of a larger force or forces. Arawn rubbed his chin as he considered it.
"Yes we should return and report in." Arawn pulled out his phone and accessed the map screen. He made a mark on the digital map. He thought about scraping off the red paint, but decided against it. "Let's get back before we lose the light.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 10:25 pm

"Yes we should return and report in. Let's get back before we lose the light. Drac watched as Arawn pulled out a phone and began messing with it. he knew most members of the soul society still use hell butterfly to communicate with other, only certain members from the soul society carry or even use those phone. Most members who use them were from......Squad 12. Yeah, lets return. Give me a second. As much as he would like to figure if his assumption was true, there was no time. Drac went back to examine the scene.

Drac examined the footprint closely Its seem to pointing in the direction of Northwest Drac walked back onto the dirt path and examined it closely, he noticed a sweeping pattern along the road heading in the same direction as footprint. Drac looked in the same direction and notice a huge hill, he couldn't look over it but whoever was on top of it will have a great advantage spot and see everything down where he and Arawn was. "Its going Northwest. Whoever erased their tracks was heading in that direction. Those hills would give anyone a great sight of the area."

Drac looked back at Arawn "Alright, lets go." Drac waited for Arawn then walked back the way they came from and headed back into town. As they arrived back into town it was pitch black and the only sources of light came from the moon and the lights from the houses and shops.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 pm

Even in the darkness it wasn't too hard to navigate the streets. The wideness of the main road it easily distinguishable from the rest of the narrow alleys and back streets. The walk back was less than eventful. There were people moving about the town even with the shadows consuming the city. Perhaps it was the presence of the shinigami that made the people brave enough to travel at night. Or perhaps they merely didn't fear what could be lurking in the deep recesses of the shadows. Both theories were questionable. There was something strange about this town. They people looked at them, but none approached them. Fearful of shinigami? Arawn continued down the main street wondering what the things they had found meant. A marked tree and footsteps. Three days to route bandits? The pieces where there and yet the picture was obscured. No matter how he shifted and shuffled it, there was something or maybe somethings missing.

They reached the center of town rather quickly. From the center square there were several large buildings. There were several signs each an inn or bar. Arawn sighed. Their leader hadn't mentioned which place they were staying at.
"Trial and error." he said as the approached one of the bigger Taverns. The door opened to a lively room of men in drab clothing enjoying drinks at various tables. Some stopped as Arawn opened the door other ignored his presence. It only took a second to look around the room. He didn't see any black robed shinigami. Definitely not the place. He closed the door and went to the next one. Upon opening the door he was greeted by a shingami standing in the doorway
"Thought I sensed something," he said "Was going to check who it was. Come in we're all ready to give our reports." Arawn nodded and entered the tavern. His fellow shinigami occupied a table in the back of the wooden structure. There was one or two other residents in the bar. It was a humble place. Each round wooden table had four chairs around them. The tables near the shinigami's was missing the three needed to fully stock their meeting place. The bar at the far end was rather small. The man sat behind the counter with a blank wall with a barred window behind him. All of his wares must be under the counter itself. There was a door in the corner which Arawn could only guess lead to the kitchen. On the opposite wall there were stairs leading to the second floor. The whole feel of the place reminded him of a on fashioned saloon from the wild west.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 6:24 pm

As Drac and Arawn walked down the widely dense main street they passed many people and stores. It was kinda of surprising for Drac, back in the past there wasn't this many people on the main street let alone this many stores or how modernize they have become. How long has he's been gone? How much has change? Where did all these people come from? All these question flooded his mind as they walked down the widely dense main street and so did the question of how do did the pieces add up. All of these puzzled Drac as he and Arawn approached the Inn, as the arrived Drac was surprised again at how much the Inn has improved in the amount of time he has been gone it was almost like they did a complete overhaul on it construction. In the past it was 1 floor and only held 150, Now it has 4 floor and 1 huge ballroom, 1 tavern and holds 765 people. "Wow....this place has improve a lot in the years I haven't been here." Drac and Arawn had arrived at the Inn it seemed Arawn has taken the lead and walked the traven connected to the hotel and walked into a room containing regular farmers drinking their sorrows away.

"Trial and Error." They left the room and suddenly ran into the another member of their group. "Thought I sensed something, was going to check who it was. Come in we're all ready to give our reports. Drac and Arawn followed the other members to the end of the bar where the other sat in a corner booth at the end of the bar. Suddenly the leader of the group stood up "Finally, you guys made it. We were worry that something happen. Now that everyone's here, lets compare today's findings and see if we can come up with a conclusion at whats going on down here." After the leader spoke everyone in the group began to tell their findings. Some of the member spoke of how the locals acted toward them as the asked questions, as though they were afraid of something more than the shinigami, but what. Others spoke of seeing a man in a black cloak that was seen harassing locals as they approached him, he disappeared but it was like......he flash stepped?

Suddenly it was Drac and Arawn turn to provide info, Drac stood up and presented his info "As me and Arawn were patrolling the outskirts of town, we found faded footprints and a marker leading up to hills deeper in the forest. I believe they were made by bandits and may lead to their hideout, but there are too many hiding and ambush spot that might prevent us from finding it. I think it would be best we request backup sir." Drac sat down, the leader began to ponder for a minute before getting up and speaking "You all presented valuable information, I take all in consideration when I make my report back to HQ. As for the request of reinforcement, Denied. I believe we have a bunch of thugs, soldier The leader chuckled a little before sitting back down, Drac clenched his teeth a little. "I prepare 3 rooms for 2, and 1 for me. You guys get some rest. That is all for today's meeting, your dismiss." spoke the leader as he passed room keys for everyone. Drac got up and left the table and began heading toward his room.

"Tch, He's letting his pride as shinigami get to him we don't know what were going up against, he best being safe than sorry. What do you think Arawn?" spoke Drac as he looked at Arawn.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 11:16 pm

As the reports continued the red haired shinigami merely sat and listened. When it came to their turn to report he left the talking to Gabriel. There was no need for him to speak. All that he companion had said was true, there wasn't a need for him to confirm the findings. Instead he just let things go on their own. He took the information the others provided and added it to the already jumbled picture that sat before him. Mentally he shifted and pivoted some pieces in hopes for some clarity, but none came. No matter how he turned and twisted things, nothing was making sense. He came out of his daze long enough to hear the tall man's suggestion for reinforcements. He thought to speak up, but the leader voiced a similar rebuttal. If there was a bandit stronghold send for back up would take too long. Not to mention they didn't know the size of said force. It would be quite embarrassing to call for more shinigami just to tackle a dozen of rogues. Before they call for those extra men they should first learn the size and scope of the enemy forces. The meeting ended swiftly enough and some departed to the bar for a drink before going to bed.

Arawn sat there a moment longer as Gabriel asked his opinion. He didn't quite agree with the tall man.
"He could have worded it better, but he has a point" he paused to collect his thoughts. "We can't be sounding the battle horn without some proof other than footprints. But at the same time charging forward into the thick of things. We go in hot and they might relocate. Quite the conundrum if you think about it." he said with a shrug. "I think we should turn in for now, we'll get a full day of searching for clues in the morning." That being said Arawn asked the bartender for a key and headed toward the room. Many pieces and still more missing. Sleep would assist in clearing the haze he hoped.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:42 pm

"He could have worded it better, but he has a point. We can't be sounding the battle horn without some proof other than footprints. But at the same time charging forward into the thick of things. We go in hot and they might relocate. Quite the conundrum if you think about it." said Arawn, Drac took what Arawn he said into account and he was right we can't bring reinforcement without solid proof of whats going on, who's doing it, and where are they? Also bring more shinigami would alert them that we are on to them and them might relocate. "Your absolutely right. Getting ahead of myself." Drac walked toward the window as he peered out it he could see the main road and a section of town from it. He watched as the illuminous lights flickering in the darkness then he looked up at the moon, full and glowing brightly. He let out a slight yawn, signaling him it was about time for him to sleep. "I think we should turn in for now, we'll get a full day of searching for clues in the morning."

Drac nodded in agreement "Yeah, guess so." Drac walked toward his room and prepare himself for sleep. Drac laid in the bed and stared at the ceiling while his mind try to put the pieces of information they received together, he did this for a hour before finally falling asleep.

The next morning, Drac awoke at sunrise just like he normally would. He did his daily morning rituals before heading to the tavern where others meet last night. Drac there order breakfast for himself while he wait for the other to awakel. 30 minutes passed before other began slowly walking into the tavern and sitting next to him awaiting for the leader, a hour passed before Drac became concern that something was up not only was the leader missing but so was someone else. Drac got up and walked toward the leader's room "Sir, are you awake sir-." Drac stopped when he notice that the leader's door was slightly crack open, Drac slowly and cautiously open it and to his surprise the leader wasn't in his room. Drac examined the room for any clue that could hint to where he was.

Suddenly Drac came a dark crimson spots near the wall."This is...." Drac left the room and rushed down to the tavern. "Is anyone else missing?!" Drac looked to the others. One of the other members stood up and spoke "My roommate didn't come back to the room last night. I last saw him with the leader." Drac looked Arawn signal him to follow him to the leader's room and pointed at the spot he found eailer. "Its blood.....something up. This room has been cleaned except for those little blood spots, I didn't want to worry the others so I signal you. What do you think we should do."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 12:38 am

Even with all the shouting and ruckus that the others were causing Arawn was slow to responding. He was more tired than he thought making it harder to rouse him from his slumber. His hair in a disarray and his clothing crumpled he got out of bed to see what all the noise was about. Everyone was panicked and worried as they gathered outside of the leader's room. The leader's empty room. He was gone it seemed, and he wasn't the only one. There was another person missing from their group. Running his fingers through his hair he looked around the room. There wasn't much to see. The room was in rather decent condition, everything was rather orderly. But the one thing that stood out was the what looked like blood on the wall. It wasn't alot of blood, but enough to doubt the possibility the person attacked was still alive. One two men missing and signs of an attack. Both very alarming, but at the same time the very nature of both was very peculiar. Had it happened in the middle of the night? How had no one heard anything? Why only their leader? If someone had managed to attack him why not take care of everyone else? The unease was obvious on everyone's face. And the answer to the last question came to him; to send a message.
"Cut off the head, and the body will die." Arawn muttered, while rubbing his chin. He spoke softly to Gabriel. "Do not leave the city, and do not eat anything from this tavern. If someone approaches you; do not engage them." that being said he shouted for the tavern owner. The man wasn't far from from the group as they examined the empty room. His face was pale "I need a cloak with a hood please." the man said nothing and nodded before rushing away.

"Everyone please remain calm!" Arawn raised his voice as he addressed the rest of the shinigami present. "The first thing we do is call for reinforcements." he said and nodded to Gabriel. "Next we all stick together, no one go out alone. Everyone else remains here and_"
"Wait, why the hell are you barking orders?" One of the men interjected. Others nodded their agreement.
"Fine." Arawn said flatly. "You're in charge, what should we do first." Everyone looked at the man. He looked blankly at the others.
"Well......we...we." The man fumbled his words "We should call for reinforcements."
"A good idea." Arawn said in monotone. The man went red." "Shall we stick together and defend this area until they arrive?" The dark haired man got redder, but the others said nothing. Gradually he nodded.
"Yeah, let's do that." he finally said. Arawn sighed and rolled his eyes. At this time the tavern owner had returned with the cloak. It was dirty and old, but Arawn took it and put it over his shoulders. He drew up the hood and moved down the hall to the window.
"Hey where are you going!" Another shinigami shouted as the cloaked figure stepped through the now open window. They couldn't see the smile on Arawn's face beneath the hood. Like a dream he vanished as he shunpo'd away. He flashed across the city until he arrived in a dark alley. A place still untouched by the sun's rays. Kneeling to catch his breath the took dirt and rubbed it on his hands and arms. For good measure he put some on his face. Removing his shoes he rubbed dirt upon his toes and ankles. Once done he hunched himself over and wobbled into the street as the people began their day. He kept his head down and made sure to stagger every few feet as he listened to the people as he walked down the street.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Drac stood next to Arawn assessing the scene too see if he can find a clue that could help him find the person who did this? Where was the Leader and the other member? and What is their plan? Drac began looking around closely as the others panicked and worry outside the leader's room until Arawn began to speak to him "Do not leave the city, and do not eat anything from this tavern. If someone approaches you; do not engage them." Drac nodded his head and watched as Arawn ask the owner for a cloak. "Everyone please remain calm! The first thing we do is call for reinforcements. As Arawn spoke Drac notice that he nodded toward him. He didn't hesitate to pull out a hell butterfly as the others and Arawn bicker over who should lead the group now that the leader is gone, even though Arawn told the other man that he was the leader it was clear who was really in charge. "Emergency, This is Gabriel Dorakyura of Squad 2, We have a situation down here in the Rukongai. We need Reinforcement ASAP." Drac sent the hell butterfly on it way back to the HQ, hopefully it makes it to them on time.

Drac looks back Arawn as he received the hood from the owner and began putting it on "I've called for reinforcement, they should be here soon." Drac watched as Arawn opened a window down the hall and shunpo from sight. Drac looked at the other shinigamis Everyone listen Don't leave the city, and do not eat or drink anything from the tavern. I want you guys to pair up and begin searching for anything out of the ordinary. If you do notice something strange DO NOT I Repeat, DO NOT ENGAGE. Contact me or anyone nearest to await for backup." The others looked at the so called new leader. He did nothing accept nodded his head.

Drac went back to his room and pulled out a dark hoodie and pair of pants. He wouldn't do this but in this situation he didn't want to bring attention to himself, he quickly changed clothing and rushed outside the tavern. He began walking calmly through the town for a building high enough to get a good view of the town. Drac quickly found one, a popular two stories restaurant, He quickly jumped up to the top of it and began scanning the area for any reiatsu different from Arawn and the others.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 31, 2012 9:41 pm

He made no sound while he shuffled up and down the dusty roads. There were few the seemed startled to have a seemingly dirty man walk by. Arawn silently wondered how much the people would chatty if they knew he was a shinigami. The black garb inspired as much fear in these areas as it did respect in other districts. No one likes the cops til they need them he thought to himself as he turned another corner. Most of what the people said was everyday small talk. Conversation of the events of the day before, and what the day held for them. It wasn't too interesting to say the least, but Arawn tried to take it all in. He'd inch against a wall and pretend to fall asleep next to a market stall. The everyday folk as the day expanded. It didn't take long for the events in the tavern to reach the streets. Like all good stories the details became more and more skewed as it was retold. It went from the two shingiami going missing, to the whole tavern being turned into a bloodbath. Another story was the tavern had burned down with all th shinigami in it. Arawn chuckled to himself. He could only imagine the people's shock when they saw the building still standing. Not to mention if they saw shinigami wandering the streets. Under his hood he wondered if Gabriel followed his directions. The reinforcements they requested would probably take a day or more to reach them. As he pondered this he almost missed a snippet of information

"Man the shinigami are dead?" One man spoke to another "Those bandits are stronger than we thought.
"How many now have died because of them?" His friend responded. Arawn did his best to block out the other sounds as the two men conversed. "Not too long ago that one guy took out a bunch of their men. I thought they were done for."
"You're crazy man, from what I hear they took care of him that night." The man drew his index finger sharply across his own neck like a knife.
"Really?" the man was surprised. "I thought he just ran away."
"Nah." the man shook his head. "It had all started as a bar fight. The bandits tried to rob him and he beat them. The next day his room was empty."
"Wow."
"From what I heard they got him while he was sleeping. Place was covered in blood." The man was getting into the story now. "Ever since then no one has opposed them. We're lucky they only ask for tributes only once a month."
The other man sighed at this "I wish they wouldn't even do that. Can't they take a richer district?" he whined. The sun had passed more than half way in the sky. He continued to wanderer the streets listening into the stories people had to tell. The dirty man might as well have been a rock as all ignored him. He got hungry and swiped a piece of fruit leaving a coin as payment. The invisible man of the market. The darkness fell and he knew that it was best he get back to the tavern. As he slowly made his way back he processed all the information he had gained. All the stories, all the small conversations. No one had spoke of bandits in town. If his companions had followed his advice they should be fine. It was dark now when the tavern came into view. He slipped through the door, and pulled off the dirty cloak. Sweat caked his hair and clothes to his body. He wished he had time for a bath, but knew it wouldn't be that simple. Time was of the essence, if they didn't act quickly 3 people could die.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:43 am

Drac stood on top of the building scanning for any signs of high reiatsu I'll go ahead and assume that some either killed or defeated and capture the previous leader, and if so they have to have a high reiatsu or very skilled. Drac crouched down and continued his search of the town while also listening to the conversation of people nearby, some mostly useless to him, it seem that what happened at the tavern has spread fairly quick around town, each variations differ from the last neither close to the truth. Drac continue on searching, hours passed on until darkness covered the sky and the lights from the building illuminated in the darkness. Drac was starting to think that he reached a dead end and finally began to head back to the tavern till suddenly he picked up a strong reiatsu that was different from Arawn and the others Hmm.......It just might be the guy i'm looking for. Drac raced across the rooftops of buildings in the direction from where the reiatsu was coming from. Drac was honing in on the reiatsu quick when he thought he was close enough he drop down to a nearby alley.

Drac crept along the alley walls until he reached the corner of the wall, he began to hear the conversation of people nearby. "Heh, I can't believe he manage to take down those stupid shinigami's at once, that guys a beast. Now we can continue with our plans." said man with a deep voice.
"Your right with the those pesky shinigami's leader dead their lost, by the time the reinforcement comes it will be too late and well be long." said a man with a throaty voice.
"Do you think we can trust that rogue shinigami. What if he-." said the deep voiced man, suddenly the strong reiatsu appeared right next to them which got Drac to believe that the rogue shinigami appeared.

"I think you best hold your tongue before you lose it."said the rogue shinigami. Drac knew that he had all the info he need but he wanted to see what he was dealing with, he crept his head slightly around the corner to see two bandit and a man in a black cloak. "Hmm." The man in black turned his head slightly but Drac moved back before he could be spotted. Better head back to the tavern. Drac slowly moved back to the main street then rushed as fast as he could to the tavern. Drac burst threw the door of the tavern"Arawn, I got some information."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 12:51 pm

Arawn had taken a seat and was digging into the other fruit he had stealthily purchased earlier that day. As hes teeth broke the skin of the plum Gabriel had arrived. His mouth full, he waited for the other shinigami to debrief him. It would seem that he did not follow my advice about not going out alone he said to himself. Of course Arawn hadn't followed his own advice either. But he had done his best to avoid the less populated sections of the city. During his scouting he had only see the normal towns people. If he was right about his theories it was quite possible Gabriel would have been in serious danger. Everything was coming together, perhaps the information the tall man had percured would bring the final bit of clarity he would require.

As Gabriel spoke he continued his modest meal. He would need whatever energy he could from the short rest and fruit. He finished chewing and listening. Arawn laid the seed on the table and stood up. It took a second for him to finish chewing.
"We're heading out." he said simply "Don't bother telling the others. We're going back to that tree we found. Do you think you can track them from there? It will probably lead us right to them." It was dark out, but they had to hurry. Some chance was better than no chance. Waiting for daylight might be too late.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 5:53 pm

Drac told Arawn all that happened during his scouting while he was eating. Drac told him of the rogue shinigami in black cloak and how he's working with the bandits. Everything is slowly starting to fall in place the only questions remaining is What is their plan and what is their next move. "We're heading out. Don't bother telling the others. We're going back to that tree we found. Do you think you can track them from there? It will probably lead us right to them." Drac grinned a little when Arawn asked him that question."Hell yeah I can track them from there, but we have to be cautious they may have set up traps along the roots to stop pursuers. Lets take the fight to them." Drac and Arawn headed back toward the outskirts of the city and began searching for the tree that had that mark but because it was dark it made finding the tree like finding a needle in a hay stack. Drac continue searching for a minute until he found the tree with the red mark on it. "Found it, now lets head in direction of northwest up those hills."

Drac and Arawn slowly traverse their way up the hills heading northwest, they travel for at least four miles before Drac notice spacing between the bushes and that the path had been used recently due to the slightly faded footprints. "We're getting close." Drac walked a couple feet further till they came to an entrance leading into a cave. "Looks like we found the hideout. I see a strong reiatsu inside, You ready Arawn?" Drac had slowly made his way inside the cave before Arawn had a chance to respond. Drac and Arawn continue down into cave, it was slight dark the only light sources around was coming from the lite torches on the cave wall. Drac began to hear the voice of someone coming around the corner, He stuck his hand out toward arawn to signal him to stop moving and grab a dagger from underneth his hood. As the bandit crept around the corner Drac had grab the bandit and slammed him against the wall with one hand covering the bandit's mouth and placed the dagger against his throat with the other. "If you want to live, I advise you answer my friends question truthfully"said Drac coldly, he nodded to Arawn to interrogate the man.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:29 am

Gabriel seemed eager to go after the bandits. Although he had suggested against a frontal assault, the knew that it was possible to infiltrate the enemy base as a pair rather than bring the whole group with them. True that Gabriel stood out, he had some faith in his tracking skills. The trek back to the tree and their trip through the woods was hardly eventful. They had to be careful and had to be quiet in their approach. Nothing happened and nothing was seen as they blinding stalked the woods and finally closed in on what could only be the bandit's stronghold. A cave? Not the wisest of choices for a fortress. Unless there were various escape tunnels they were putting themselves into a corner. The only other hope was that any invader would get lost within. Gabriel's announcement of detecting a spiritual pressure was a good sign. It was good the man was capable of detecting reiryoku. Arawn had some difficulty in the skill. At the current distance he could only sense the tall shinigami's reiatsu. Just as he was about to praise the man further he rushed ahead.
"A little too eager." Arawn muttered as he hurried after his tall companion shaking his head.

His theory of the bandit's foes getting lost in some kind of labyrinth quickly faded when the found the path well lit. Once again he began to question what the intellect of the criminals. It would seem they had settled in to stay or they'd gotten quite comfortable there. There journey down the passage came to an abrupt halt as Gabriel managed to get the drop on a man coming around the corner. In one smooth motion he pinned the man to the wall and covered his mouth.
"Don't let go of his mouth." Was all Arawn said. With Gabriel still restraining the criminal Arawn stepped up and closed the man's nose. With the big hand over his mouth he couldn't breath.
"How many more men are in this cave?" Arawn asked as the man struggled for air. He release his grasp and the man took in air greedily. His hand pinched the nostrils closed again. After a few second he released it again. The mixture of fear and hatred in the man's eyes was to be expected. Yet he wanted the mans attention. "Ten?" The man continued to stare at Arawn. "Fifteen? Twenty?" Arawn noticed a flicker of the man's eyes. He smiled and pinched the nose close again, but this time he didn't let go. The man tried to thrash around, but could barely move. Soon his arms when limp and Arawn released his nose. He put his ear to the man's chest. "He's unconscious." Slowly he stepped away from the knocked out man and went to peek around the corner. Just more tunnel. He looked back at Gabriel "We don't have rope, so leave him and hope we can finish this before he comes to." With that he continued down the tunnel.

"From what I gathered a fighter came to his region some days ago." He said as they moved through the passage. "Whoever it was ran into the bandits. As I was going around the city I heard something about it. The person just vanished afterwards." Arawn explained. "I thought nothing of that story until I considered our group. Didn't you think it odd that 7 shinigami from random groups sent to the very same area a person disappeared. Even stranger that everyone is from a different division. No one knows each other, total strangers. Sent for 3 days no less." He stopped as they neared a corner. Arawn was silent for several seconds before looking around the corner into another empty hallway. "So I figured we were here to investigate the missing person, but who reported him missing? According to the townspeople it was just some wandering fighter. People come and go, there was no reason for them to call shinigami for some random guy. I'm guessing the fighter was actually a shinigami." He stopped again as there were noises carrying coming down the hallway. There was more light ahead than to be found in the tunnel. Once more he peeked around the corner, but this time it was large cavern. There were stalagmites and stalactites of all sizes throughout the large room. That aside he saw groups of men surrounding cooking fires. 1, 2, 5, 8, 13, 16. He counted sixteen men. Beyond the men he saw other cave openings. More tunnels perhaps? Arawn motioned for retreat.
"We need some kind of plan." he said rubbing his chin. "If we bust in there, they'll run away. We'll never find the hostages." It was still only theory, but he believed that the missing shinigami were still alive. "Wait." He went down the hall and put out the two of the torches that lit the hall. "We'll draw them out instead. Do you mind being a decoy?" He pointed to the dark corner he had just made. "I'll wait here, and you get the bandits to chase you down the tunnel. Then you turn around to fight and I attack from the rear." The narrow hall makes their numbers a disadvantage and they'd have them all in a pincher attack. He went back to the other corner and looked in on the bandits. He didn't see the cloaked figure among those gathered. If they could take out the other men, they would have an easier job against the man Gabriel had seen.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 4:15 pm

"Don't let go of his mouth."Drac kept applying pressure while Arawn began his interrogation, the bandit struggle to get free but unable to due to Drac strength. Drac watched as Arawn clamp shut the bandit's nostril before asking a question "How many more men are in this cave?" said Arawn as he release his grip on the bandit's nose. The bandit took a deep breath through his nose but he did not reply, how could he when Drac had his hand on his mouth, Arawn pinched his nostril again then a few seconds later he released. Drac could see the fear in his face the fear of death was clearly evident. "Ten? Fifteen? Twenty? said Arawn as the man didn't reply again except flicker his eyes, Drac notice Arawn smile and knew what was going to happen next. Arawn pinched his nose and did not let go, the man thrashed violently until his arms and legs went limp then he let go of his noise and listen to his chest. "He's unconscious.We don't have rope, so leave him and hope we can finish this before he comes to. " Arawn and Drac slowly made their way around the corner and into more tunnels.

"From what I gathered a fighter came to this region some days ago. Whoever it was ran into the bandits. As I was going around the city I heard something about it. The person just vanished afterwards."I thought nothing of that story until I considered our group. Didn't you think it odd that 7 shinigami from random groups sent to the very same area a person disappeared. Even stranger that everyone is from a different division. No one knows each other, total strangers. Sent for 3 days no less." Drac listen carefully to what Arawn was saying and he was right it was strange, so strange that it couldn't be a coincidence. "So I figured we were here to investigate the missing person, but who reported him missing? According to the townspeople it was just some wandering fighter. People come and go, there was no reason for them to call shinigami for some random guy. I'm guessing the fighter was actually a shinigami." Drac stopped as he too heard noise coming from around the corner, he heard Arawn counting out 16 men on the other side.

"We need some kind of plan." he said rubbing his chin. "If we bust in there, they'll run away. We'll never find the hostages.said Arawn. Drac's mind began to wonder about what Arawn said as he put out two lit torches Could it have been....... one of us? Drac focused back at the task at hand as Arawn spoke again. "We'll draw them out instead. Do you mind being a decoy? I'll wait here, and you get the bandits to chase you down the tunnel. Then you turn around to fight and I attack from the rear." said Arawn, Drac nodded his head in agreement to Arawn's plan. Drac crept into the dark corner and notice cracks in the wall big enough for him to climb, He slowly made his way up. Drac looked at the huge stalactites hanging above the bandits It seems sturdy enough to hold me with all his might Drac slowly and carefully began to move from stalactite to stalactite until he got into position. Drac placed his feet between two stalactite and reached into his garb for a smoke bomb, he quickly lit it and threw down on the unsuspecting bandits.

The bomb exploded and released a cloud of smoke shielding Arawn from their sight. Drac drop down on two bandits knocking them unconscious, before running off into one of the tunnels. The other bandits quickly followed him done the tunnel, Drac quickly turned around and unsheathe his zanpakuto. "Lets what you got." Drac took on six bandit that came toward him disarming them and knocking them unconscious, while Arawn took on the other eight.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 5:10 am

He could hear the angry shouts as the he hid in the now dark corner of the hallway. Second later Gaberiel's large form came tearing down the passages. The bandits were close on his heels. Their footsteps made them sound like a herd of elephants rather than a group of men. Arawn waited with baited breath as the last of the procession went by. He was surprised none had noticed him. If they had only taken another moment to look, they would have spotted him. Thankfully the black uniform actually helped him in hiding. Gabriel had done his job well the enemy was so focused on him they missed the second man. He hugged the wall worried that one of them might get too close and bump into him. The narrow passage almost made it impossible for all the men to fit side by side. this of course was why he made this their attack location. Gaberiel turned to face the bandits, that was Arawn's cue to make his move as well. Their backs exposed he rushed forward. They were all so busy trying to muscle forward and take on the big man his first attack went unnoticed. Arawn foot landed int the man's side his surprise was short lived as the shingiami's fist collided with back of his head knocking him into the wall and unconscious. The second man turned just in time to catch the metal sheath across his face. There was a crunch as his nose broke. He reeled backwards into his companions alerting them to the the threat from behind. But it was too late. The black shape was already upon them.

Arawn swung his sheath again, this time low. Metal met bone and metal won. The swing caught a man's knee and shattered it. The sudden pain and loss of stability caused him to fall upon his companions. There was now a tangle of bodies in front of the shinigami. One man's face broken and bleeding, the other crippled and unable to stand. By having them in the way it made it harder for their friends to press forward against. With Gaberiel at their backs, they had little choice. Either fight Arawn or try their chances against the bigger man. Two decided to take the shorter of the two shinigami. Pushing their wounded allies to the side the drew their daggers from their belts and moved forward. One man rushed him and thrust while the other followed behind. Arawn parried with his sheath and pushed the man that had lunged at him into the path of other blade. His opponent screamed as he was cut by the poorly aimed follow up attack. The blade only grazed his shoulder, but it wasn't the least bit pleasant. That moment of distraction was all that the red haired shinigami needed. He lead man in the chest. Already off balance it didn't take much for him to stumble backwards into the man that had just hurt him. Together they fell like dominoes. The man on bottom grunted as his friend's weight landed on him.
"OOOOF!" he exclaimed "Get off of me you dolt!" The two didn't get a chance to rise as Arawn slammed his sheath into the top man's stomach. His eyes bulged as the air was knocked form him, he rolled off the other man. He clutched his stomach and groaned. Before the second man could get up Arawn had stepped on his hand.
"Get off my hand you bastard, or I'll_" the foot came off the hand and kicked the man squarely in the jaw. His eyes rolled backwards in his head and he lay still. Arawn didn't have time for threats or witty banter, the next two fighters were already coming at him. One man wielded a short katana, while the other held two 4 inch daggers. They didn't seem as shaky as the last fighters. Perhaps they thought to break through him and try to escape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)   Targeting the Captain IV (Drac) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Targeting the Captain IV (Drac)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next