The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Capture the Flag (Drac)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Capture the Flag (Drac) Empty
PostSubject: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 8:38 pm

"70 minutes left!" Blared the instructor's voice over the dense forest. From deep within the woods Arawn sighed. Simone had roped him into help with a special project he didn't think it would a mock war game. She had a knack for putting him into awkward situations and this one was by far the most awkward. The game he simply 'Capture the flag' , but he was playing against students. Thankfully he wasn't the only shinigami present. The game was simple, but there were a few twists involved to give the shinigami a handicap. Like the normal game the objective was to take the enemy's flag and return it to your base. If you ran into an enemy you were to battle them til one was rendered unconscious or yielded. This was a means to make the students challenge stronger fighters as well as try advanced tactics. The first of the changes was that everyone was to carry wooden swords. Arawn adjusted the wooden weapon at his hip. He often went without his zanpukto in the labs, but being without it felt strange. The second ruling was that the shinigami weren't permitted to use kido. Arawn made note that there was nothing restricting the students from using their own. Quite the unfair advantage when he thought about it. Finally the shunpo was also banned from the match. That one made more sense than the kido rule, using shunpo the shinigami could transverse the large forest and grab the flag instantly. But even without shunpo many shingami had decent speed. The playing field wasn't balanced, but it wasn't complete tilted either. The shinigami were let into the forest from the north end and the students from the south. Minutes later a whistle blew and carried across the forest. The match began.

The first thing that the shinigami did was set up a base camp and decide the roles of the force. The first thing to arise was rank.
"Arawn Dan'Shir 12th division" had barely crossed his lips before he got some stares. Too many rumors plagued the group. Sadly many of them were true. Thankfully none were true about Arawn. Rather than prove he was capable he allowed himself to be delegated to defense. It was easy enough he was to partrol the area near the flag. Unfortunately a snag was hit. Arawn wasn't proficient in energy control. This was quickly pointed out when someone requested he lower his spiritual power least the enemy finds their camp. His secret exposed he was give a new task; decoy. Arawn was sent to another spot to draw the enemy to him. From the stares he got after mentioning his group Arawn had the feeling no one would come to his aid should he come under attack. Arawn sighed again and continued his forced stroll though the lush forest. At least it was a nice day out. He didn't feel the slightest bit hot wearing his black uniform. He would have preferred his white lab coat, but that would have stood out more in the dense trees.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male
Number of Posts : 173
Job/Interests : Football
Quote : Stay Golden
Registration Date : 2012-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:18 pm

I wonder what's going on Drac and a group of students stood before a large forest, they stood there wondering why were they summon here and is this a test. Suddenly their instructor appeared before them "Good evening class, today were going to have a little fun. I'm going to test your skill with a simply game of Capture the flag." Students began wondering how is a child's game suppose to test them, Drac looked at the instructor with eagerness awaiting to hear what he have to say next "But their is a twist.....You'll being playing against soul reaper from the Gotei 13. Students began panicking as they thought they would have no chance against soul reapers.

"Don't fret there are rules to restrict them, and here are some of them. Like the normal game the objective is to take the enemy's flag and return it to your base. If you ran into an enemy you were to battle them til one was rendered unconscious or yielded. Rule one is everyone use a wooden swords. Two, they are not permitted to use kido. Three, shunpo is banned from the match, that doesn't affect you students since you can't use these techniques yet. See, you guys still have a fighting chance. Now everyone get ready and prepare yourself." Drac and the other student, each with a wooden sword strap to there hips, walked over to a gate by the south entrance of the forest. "Ready.......BEGIN!!!"

The gates flew open as students and soul reapers rushed into the forest as soon as the instructor signal the beginning of the match. Drac watched as students rushed blindly into different direction with coming up with a plan. " This game will end quickly if don't work together." Drac stopped next to a group of other student and came up with a plan as to how they were going to proceed. Drac decided it would be best if he and three others acted as scouts, while the other became defenders. They agreed to their roles and set out to complete their goal. Drac moved with caution in a northwest direction, he could hear in the distance the sounds of wooden swords clashing nearby The battle has begun

"70 minutes left!"blared the instructor's voice over the dense forest. I better pick up the pace Drac rushed toward the same direction, until he felt a strong spirtual pressure near him. He looked around with alarm Here he comes Drac notice a shinigami strolling toward him, he quickly got into a defensive stance, his steady on the wooden sword. Even though this is a match, he thought he should still show respect. "My name is Gabriel Dorakyura....and you are?"

Last edited by Drac on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 9:42 pm

Arawn's leisurely walk was cut short when he spied someone in the clearing before him. A small smile came to his lips. He had expected the students to work in groups. Or at least employ an ambush of some sort, but to challenge a shinigami head on wasn't expected. Of course Arawn didn't rule out that it was indeed a trap, but he decided he'd play along. He flashed the growing smile at the student and gave him a slight bow.
"Arawn Dan'Shir, Unseated." Arawn lied, he didn't think the student would care what squad he was from. At the same time thought it best to allow him to think him unseated as well. Perhaps only to have him drop his guard. Most the students were probably quivering in their shoes thinking off crossing swords with an active member of the 13 Gotei. He came up from the bow and put his arms across his chest. "You do know that the objective here is to CAPTURE the flag? You don't really need to face me." he said nonchalantly. "How about I make a deal with you; if you let me pass I'll tell you where the flag is."

He paused allowing the words to sink in his arms still across his chest.
"Think about it, you can secure victory for your class, you'd be a hero even." Arawn gave a shrug. "It might be a game, but something like this could really be a nice feather in your cap." Indeed it was a nice offer, he wondered if the student would take it or not.
"At this point I'm sure everyone was too busy fighting to noticed our spiritual signals meeting. And even if they did, there's no way to tell if we're fighting or not." Arawn stated matter-o-factually. "I say you defeated me, you swoop in behind the enemy grab the flag and make for the goal. And easy win for you."
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 11:45 pm

Drac stayed in his defensive stance and watched the man every movement as to not lets down his guard. "Arawn Dan'Shir, Unseated." Drac felt something wasn't right when he spoke espically when he grinned, still to show respect he gave a slight bow toward him. "You do know that the objective here is to capture the flag? You don't really need to face me. How about I make a deal with you; If you let me pass I'll tell you where the flag is." Drac listen to Arawn's offer to let him pass and in return giving him the location of their flag position. Drac thought about his offer Something not right...... Drac sense for spirtual signals nearby and compared them to his.

"Think about it, you can secure victory for your class, you'd be a hero even." Arawn gave a shrug. "It might be a game, but something like this could really be a nice feather in your cap. At this point I'm sure everyone was too busy fighting to noticed our spiritual signals meeting. And even if they did, there's no way to tell if we're fighting or not. I say you defeated me, you swoop in behind the enemy grab the flag and make for the goal. And easy win for you." As Drac listen, his grip on his sword got tighter and his face seemed stress. "Sorry to disappoint you, but i'm not stupid. Your spirtual signature is the strongest out here so you have to have some kind of seat, If i let you pass you could easily take the flag and make it back with no problem, plus I'm no fool I would rather die than betray my friends. People who betray there friends are worst than scum." Drac stood his ground "I can hold you off long enough for someone else to take the flag."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 12:41 am

"Good answer." Arawn laughed "I was planning to attack you from behind if you had taken me up on the offer. Never hurts to be cautious." he said as he watched the young man's firm stance. What an interesting student Arawn thought. It was refreshing to see someone with a sense of morals rather than ambition. Still that alone wouldn't be enough for the Gabriel to win this day. It would seem Arawn's teammates were right that he did indeed give away his location. They were wise to expel him from their base camp. If a student had no trouble detecting him, he would have been like a lighthouse to the rest. Of course that kinda took the fun out of the whole game. But there was no rule against using it. Arawn mentally shrugged and put his hand on his sword. For a moment he forgot it wasn't his true zanpukto expecting the warm yet cold feeling grabbing the weapon sometimes gave. Never miss something til it's gone, eh he chided himself and then prepared for battle.

He his face loss it's smile as he held the weapon vertical to his face. Arawn gave the fake weapon a few practice swings. The weight wasn't the same. Huang Long felt so much lighter. Or perhaps that was a property of the weapon itself? Either way the wooden sword was no better than a club. It was time to see what the academy students were made of. He lunged forward and made a wide horiziontal swing at Gabriel's mid section. Arawn wanted to test the man, something simple. In doing so he left himself open, but that was the point. The shinigami wanted to see what the student could do. If he pushed, he would push back. He would become a measuring stick for the young man.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 3:56 pm

"Good answer. I was planning to attack you from behind if you had taken me up on the offer. Never hurts to be cautious." Drac's face relaxed a little and continue watching Arawn from a distance This man is sly and cunning....he must be tactician, fighting with plans of lower my defense. I have to watch his movements carefully. Drac notice Arawn putting his hands on his sword and gave some pratice swings He's preparing for an attack. Alright Gabriel, its time to see the results of my training in action. Drac tighten his grip as Arawn stopped smiling and lunged toward him and made a wide horizontal swing at him. Drac watched this movement carefully ......This is too simple.....why is he leaving himself wide open......something not right, but i must give up this chance. Drac let his left hand off the sword and held the sword vertically to blocked Arawn attack.

"....NOW." Suddenly three academy students passed soared right passed the two fighters and headed into the direction from where Arawn came from. The three students nodded in response and moved as fast as they could.

Before the encounter

"Here is the plan I'll act as a scout and a decoy. If I encounter the enemy I will attract his attention while you three rush past us and headed in the direction from which he came. Where ever he came from that direction will lead us to their camp where you guys can grab the flag and make your way back. I will hold him off so he can't follow." Drac pointed to three others students as he explain his plan on how to capture the flag, he was a simple plan but it was better than walking around blindly and letting the enemy get an up hand on them.

Present
Drac smirked as part of his plan went off with a hitch, now it was up to him to keep up his part of the plan "Just because we're academy students doesn't mean you can take it easy...After all you did say the objective is to get the flag. With his left hand Drac swung a haymaker at Arawn's right temple If I stunned him i can open up his defensive more.....got to stay on the offensive.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 2:07 am

A simple block for a rather simple blow. Before Arawn could be disappointed by the student's reaction three figures leaped forth. So I was right about an ambush he thought as he prepared for the onslaught. But it never came as the three students took this time to run right past Arawn and the battling Gabriel. In less then a second they had vanished amidst the trees. For a second the shinigami was genuinely surprised. Rather than attack in unison they had left their comrade to fight alone. Arawn half turned his head to watch their hasty flight in the direction he had come from. For a moment he considered chasing them. Even without shunpo it wouldn't be hard to catch them. Still the fact he was being left to take on a shinigami meant they had faith in his abilities. Arawn smiled and turned as the young man launched a punch at his face. A simply sway backwards helped avoid the blow. He could feel the hiss of the air as the fist passed in front of his face. It felt as though something had grazed his nose. Arawn hopped back further allowing a gap between the two combatants.

One more he looked in the direction the others had gone. Then he looked at Gabriel.
"I will say that was clever." He pointed his thumb in the direction the others had went "But are you sure that's wise? Together you might have overpowered me. By yourself you'll have to figure a way to keep me here. I can just run after them you know. You'd have no choice, but to chase me." He gave a smile "Wait, I get it now. You're a decoy as well, aren't you?" now he broke into laughter. It was quite funny. Arawn was a decoy to throw the students off and here was Gabriel doing the same. Still in this situation Arawn was more effective. Once expelled from the base camp he had wandered about. Even if the three students retraced his steps they'd not find the camp. So both decoys had completed their missions, now they were left to their own devices. Arawn thought it all rather interesting. "So what to do now, Mr Gabriel? Shall you finish your mission to the fullest? You're supposed to stop me, aren't you?" He held the wooden sword a the ready.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 4:23 am

Drac looked toward the direction that his fellow teammates took to retrieve the flag hoping that they can handle and threat in their path Be careful guys.....and god speed Drac looked back at Arawn as he focused his attention toward his teammates and then back toward him "I will say that was clever. But are you sure that's wise? Together you might have overpowered me. By yourself you'll have to figure a way to keep me here. I can just run after them you know. You'd have no choice, but to chase me." Drac thought about that for moment He's right.....but won't allow him to. "Wait, I get it now. You're a decoy as well, aren't you?" Drac watched as Arawn burst into laughter when he found out that Drac was a decoy, but drac didn't care for drac now began looking around for something that would distract Arawn long enough for him to lower his defense. "Your right you could....But one, any real warrior wouldn't leave himself open to an attack just to chase down some students. Two, say you do chase them you know I will follow you and when you do catch up to them I will be right behind you and then you will be in a position where your outnumbered and.....you won't win, and Three, you don't seem to be one that would run away.......or maybe you are a coward."

There nothing around here except trees........wait "So what to do now, Mr Gabriel? Shall you finish your mission to the fullest? You're supposed to stop me, aren't you?" Drac focused his attention back to Arawn when he ready his sword. "Yeah, my mission is to stop you." Drac lowered his sword and raised his left hand "And I will. The fires of hell, a scrap of your power, another damned soul. Hado 5: Kakyuu" Suddenly a ball of fire formed in Drac's hand Please hit... Drac released the ball of fire and rushed towards Arawn.... but it whizzed passed him, he didn't even need to move. But Drac wasn't aiming at him, he was aiming at the tree behind him.

The ball of fire blew a chunk out of the tree and set it ablaze. Suddenly the tree began to fall and was falling toward Arawn. Drac knew Arawn would dodge that with ease but he was waiting for him to move, as soon as he did Drac would rush toward him and make a vertical slash aimed at his right shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:13 pm

The shinigami listened to Gabriel retort with a wry smile look on his face. He was liking the young man more and more by the moment. Words like 'real warrior' and 'coward' showed either having a deep sense of honor or quite idealistic. Either way he was an interesting fellow. Unfortunately for Gabriel such taunts had no effect on Arawn. They only reason he really didn't give chase was due to Gabriel himself. He wanted to see what this brash man could do. On the second point; while it was true a warrior would avoid leaving himself open. Arawn was certain he could catch the trio faster than the student could catch him. By the time he did catch up he could probably dispose of one if not two of the fighters. Even without shunpo he was far from helpless. As for the second point, it was questionable. Just as Arawn had said; working together they might have overpowered him. That would have been a better strategy than a decoy. If Gabriel was truly capable of delaying a seated officer, overwhelming him would have been that much easier. Instead of going as a three man group, all four could advance toward the flag. Four working as a group and the enemy forces would be reduced by one. A more efficient tactic by any standard.

As for being called a coward his smile broadened further. That was the most amusing part. To be called a coward was an insult to many, but only if you were indeed a coward. Such a person was ruled by fear. Fear of death, fear of harm to one's body, fear of defeat. Cowardice was shameful, but why is bravery so widely applauded? As he pondered this Gabriel launched a fireball at him. Reflexively he dodged right. There was no way to tell that the spell would go past him. It collided with the tree behind him and sent it crashing down. Very clever.Arawn thought, but didn't have much time to look as Gabriel advanced and sent his weapon downward upon him. To this strike Arawn raised his own weapon horizontal over his head to block the attack like an umbrella. The chop hit against his wooden sword. There was a sharp crack as the weapons met. His left hand free the shinigami jabbed at Gabriel's face. Arawn's left leg shot out aiming a side kick at the student's chest. Things were getting interesting.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 3:42 am

Drac watched as Arawn block his attack with ease still keeping his posture while grinning widely ....What is it......Why is he grinning.. Drac began to ponder as why Arawn was he smiling. Did Drac amuse him, was his meaningless insults funny to him, or was it him trying to enrage Drac. Drac snapped back into reality as Arawn sent a jab toward his face, Drac immediately swayed to right and avoided the jab but was to slow to dodge the kick. It landed, the force behind it surprise Drac for it was stronger than he expected and sent him flying back toward the burning tree, as he landed back on his feet he could feel the blazing heat whipping at his back. Damn...He's much stronger than I expected. I don't know what he's capable....I better play it safe, I can't underestimate him. Drac recollect himself and got back into his stance. "I won't lie your stronger than i expected, but i should of expected you to be." Drac began to smile "Though that make it just a little bit more fun."

Drac rushed toward Arawn with his hand raised "Bakudo 5: Senko Suddenly a bright flash of light emitted from his hand, strong enough to temporary blind anyone in front of it. If I blind him long enough I can find an opening. Drac waited until he lowered his defense and would slash at the right side of his rib cage diagonally.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 11:20 pm

His foot hit the younger man, but it was like kicking a wall. The impact was abit jarring. It would seem there was indeed more to Gabriel than meets the eye. Perhaps he was the perfect decoy for a inquisitive mind such as Arawn's. His Not just the personality, but the man's abilities intrigued him. Surely he was abit too strong for a student. Did he work hard to get where he was? Ore was it all merely genetics and luck. There was no way of knowing, and yet the raw potential itself was alluring. It was all just a simple exchange and yet, he could feel that the student could grow. Arawn didn't know if his own limit had been reached. He wondered what it was like for Gabriel. Did he thirst for power? Arawn wanted to push him more, and yet knew that in doing so he might break the other. Worse yet, he could end up breaking himself in the process. There was no way of knowing what might happen in either case. It was better to keep things slow and easy. A push here, a prod there, a small jolt there. Keep the student on his toes, pull him slowly up that incline.

Truthfully there wasn't much pulling to do. The lad was well on his way to being a shinigami. Still if he could improve the student's skills by even a little bit, he would help him. The smile never faded from Arawn's face as Gabriel rushed him again. Good, keep coming It was then he noted that the boy was in fact casting. Before he could think up a defense, the light flared from the student's hands.
A second later Arawn was blinded, but not by the spell. The area over his eyes had become black as coal when Gabriel used the kido. At the time the red haired shinigami was at a loss for words. He knew the spell was supposed to blind people, but not shroud them in darkness. Then it hit him.
"Ah." he muttered "I had forgotten about that." Quite awhile ago he had created a flash bomb and modified his bio-leech glasses to shield him. The automatic function still worked. A bit too well. Already the darkness faded and his opponent came into view, much closer than he had been a second ago. It was too late to dodge. Instead Arawn stepped into the opponent's swing and brought his own weapon across in a slash in the opposite direction. While Gabriel's sword dug into his ribs, Arawn's wooden blade slashed down across the man's shoulders. A mutual hit. While he couldn't dodge he could try to mess up the contact point. For a second the shinigami was glad they weren't using real weapons. If so he was sure the student's hit would have cleaved him in half.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 am

As Drac was slightly excited at the fact that his attack landed, he could feel the bamboo sword digging into Arawn ribs, he knew how hard he swung it would have left a bruise against his skin. Drac looked at Arawn face, the first thing he notice was the smile still left on his face Why is he still smiling.....do i amuse him.... what is it? Drac then notice a thin black piece of glass covering his eyes Wait....is that...Sunglasses? That mean... crap Drac finally realized that Arawn had slash at his shoulder, the force behind it was stronger than expected, the blade slowly digging into his shoulder If that was real he would cleaved my arm off. I guess looks can be deceiving Drac and Arawn where within range of each others reach, he knew that this was an advantage and a disadvantage for both of them. "Heh, I see you came prepare for such a situation Drac nodding toward his shades "Impressive tech, My guess is you must be a member of squad 12? Am I correct?" Drac let his right hand off the sword and grab Arawn's sword

"I'm glad I'm fighting someone as strong as you, give me a goal to fight for. I can only imagine how you are with your zanpakuto. Suddenly a loud voice echoed through out the entire forest, for a moment Drac wonder who it was then he remember about the Instructor "50 minutes!!" Drac smiled as he focused his attention back on Arawn "Still plenty of time to beat you. Bakudo 4: Hainawa." Suddenly a rope of energy came out of Drac's right hand began working it way around Arawn's arms. Drac knew that Arawn would have a hard time swinging his sword so Drac step closer inside and spun 360 degree's as he was spinning he made a wide horizontal slash toward his mid section.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:59 am

It was obvious from the kick that Gabriel could take a hit. When Arawn swung down upon him the man hardly flinched at all. If they went blow for blow things wouldn't end well for either of them. A battle of endurance might go either way, there was no real way to tell. As Arawn thought about it, Gabriel made note of the technology that had protected him from the blinding spell
"Perhaps." was his only reply to the accurate guess of his true identity. He gave a small smile as the pain in this ribs throbbed. "I try to go to every battle prepared for anything. Isn't that the best way to do things?" He wasn't about to tell the student he had forgotten about the device's feature. It had worked in his favor, if not he'd still be blinded and Gabriel would be pressing that advantage. Arawn could only imagine how many more hits he would have suffered before his sight might have returned. Still he would need to fine tune it. It had worked, just not as he had expected. Perhaps dark shades rather than absolute darkness. Arawn silently filed that mental note away and focused on the fight before him.

Gabriel was holding his weapon just as the overseer yelled the 50 minute warning. Had they really been fighting that long? The student now released a Bakudo at point blank range. Impossible to dodge when the other man is holding onto you. Like a snake the energy tendril wiggled across Arawn's body and wrapped his hands and arms. Arawn knew he had to get out of the bindings fast, but it didn't look like the student was going to give him that chance. Desperate he did the only thing that came to mind; he jumped. As Gabriel spun and brought his weapon to bear, Arawn somersaulted into the air. The student's blade struck empty air as Arawn came down foot first at his opponent's head. Arawn hoped the spinning heel drop would give Gabriel something to think about when binding someone's hands. Namely you should watch out for their feet as well.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:51 am

Drac knew he had gain the upper hand in this battle as the rope coiled around his arms and wrist, but he knew he didn't have much as it probably wouldn't hold a man like him down for long. He had to keep pressing forward to keep from losing momentum in the battle. As Drac spun around he notice that the sky above him suddenly got dark.What the.... Drac looked up above him and notice Arawn somersaulting in the air, he notice that he's feet was aiming for drac's head. He raised up his right arm to blocked it then using brute strength launched Arawn away from him. Whether he landed safely was up to him, Drac stood back up and kept watch on Arawn as he struggle to break free from the bindings

He good.....real good. But I got to stay persistent, got to stay focus. Drac raised up his right hand toward the Arawn "Trying to avoid me Arawn? Like I will let you Hado 2: Reel!! Suddenly an invisible force began pulling Arawn towards Drac. Suddenly the instructors voice was heard over the forest again "Academy Students have infiltrated the Soul Reapers Base! I repeat Academy Students have infiltrated the Base!" Joy overcame Drac as things were now going as planned, He started grinning. I knew they could do it As Arawn got close enough, Drac made wide slash at Arawn's ribs again.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 3:45 am

A strong body and good reflexes Arawn silently noted as the young man narrowly avoided having a foot lodged into his brain. Impressed as he was, it would have to wait. The student now tossed him backwards after the failed counter-attack. With his arms tied up it was tricky landing properly. His timing was off from the man's throwing him back. Still he manged to land on his feet. Now that he was back on the ground he thought it best to rectify the problem of his confined weapon. With his feet firmly on back on the earth it was easy for him to focus his reiryoku. A second later he let his reiatsu flood outward around him. A golden glow enveloped his body. The air started to vibrate as his energy poured out. He gave a loud yell and moved his arms violently. With a grunt flexed his arms again and the rope stretched. One last push and he broke the rope restraining his arms. The energy coil shattered like glass and the specks of yellow orange faded like dying embers.

Arawn quickly flexed his freed limbs as Gabriel cast his next spell. Arawn felt his body lurch forward, but with his energy still coating him he stopped rather quickly.
The smile had returned to Arawn's face.
"Even if we can't use kido, there's nothing against me using my reiatsu." he remarked to the student. Indeed there had been no rule against using his own spiritual power to combat the students spells. By shifting his focus the tug of Gabriel's spell felt practically non-existent. As he looked at the student he heard the overseer's announcement. To this Arawn shrugged. He felt sorry for those students. Their chance of success was less than 1%. The reason was simple; half the shinigami force was sitting in the base. This wasn't some grand strategy by his team, they were just being lazy. The only reason they had taken part of this drill was to avoid chores in their respective barracks. Those three students would be facing well over a dozed trained shinigami. Perhaps it would have been better to have stopped them himself. Even with kido they had little chances of surprising them all and stealing the flag. Instead of dwelling on it further he rushed Gabriel. He met the student's attack with his own blade. He jumped up and brought his wooden sword straight down in a vertical chop at the other man's head.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:35 am

Drac watched in shock at what was happening before his eyes as Arawn's body began to give off a golden glow as his reiatsu flooded around him. Suddenly Drac's body felt heavier as the spiritual pressure came crashing down upon him. So this is it......His true power, He been holding back this whole time. Damn.....so this the power of a Soul Reaper. Drac watched even closely as Arawn's yelled and began moving his arm violently, suddenly the rope broke and shatter like glass. "So this is your true power. Heh I got to say its awesome." Drac stood there in amazement as Arawn, now freed, began flexing his limbs.

Arawn stood there unfazed by the spell that Drac just cast Its not working.......maybe it doesn't affect someone with a high reiatsu Drac lowered his hand "Even if we can't use kido, there's nothing against me using my reiatsu." Arawn was right there wasn't and since he now fully release his reiatsu it would be hard nearly impossible to bind him again. As Arawn rushed toward him and attacked, Drac and Arawn were now lock into a power struggle again. "Heh, I now realize the difference you and me now. And even though its clear Drac looked dead at Arawn and grin "It only make me what to go harder." Drac began pushing against Arawn until the instructors voice was heard once again "The Academy Students in the Soul Reapers Base have fallen and the Academy Students Base is under attack!! I repeat The Academy Students in the Soul Reapers Base have fallen and the Academy Students Base is under attack!!

Nooo.....DAMNNIT...It didn't work....I fail Drac suddenly began losing leverage and jumped back, away from Arawn. Drac began feeling it a feeling that he know all to well, he felt it the same night when he failed to protect those he consider his parents. Drac snapped back into reality and got into a defensive stance wait for the next attack.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 12:25 pm

It would seem that his display was enough to discourage further kido spells from the student, but only to elevate his determination to fight. Arawn enjoyed Gabriel's renewed vigor. Kid has no shortage of spirit, it seems He thought as the student sustained his attacks.Their weapons clashed and tug-of-war resumed where it left off. Locked together one versus the other. And then came the overseer's voice. The light in the student's eyes seemed to fade slightly. It would seem those words had more power than Arawn could muster. As Arawn thought the chances of their attack being successful was low. It was inevitable that the students would be would lose this match up. The true meaning of the exercise seemed obvious; to fight a losing battle. A student winning against fully trained shinigami was almost like asking an ant to take on a elephant. With enough ants you might annoy the elephant at best. The 'handicap' only gave the students an illusionary ray of hope. Spells alone weren't enough to shift the balance in their favor.

It all seemed like a cruel joke, but it was a practical lesson. Sometimes you'll face impossible odds. Just standing on the field and trying was enough. But to continue in the faced with imminent defeat was the real challenge. Give up? Surrender? Retreat? In a fight against hollows none of them is an option. Fighting for your life and the life of others. This was as close as the teachers could simulate the experience without truly endangering the student's lives. Gabriel moved back and Arawn let him. As he watched him he thought he could see the moment when it sunk in. Or perhaps it was something else? Either case, he would continue to push. First he let his reiatsu recede. It was tiring to keep pumping out energy like that. If another spell was used he could employ it yet again. "So will you continue?" he asked finally looking at the man holding his sword ready. "It's over now, no real reason for you to fight me anymore."
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 4:48 pm

The feeling of defeat hit him hard as the words of the instructor replayed in his head. Its over.......there's no way of winning. Drac lowered his head and his sword as the cold reality finally came true, there hopes and chances they were not real the were illusion brought on by the thought of the handicap. Drac began remembering the day when his family was killed by a hollow and how he stood over their limp bodies. "So will you coninue? It's over now, no real reason for you to fight me anymore." Drac snapped back as Arawn spoke to him, his reiatsu now receding back, I......don't know Drac began pondering in his mind what to do next. How to defeat him? Should he leave and run off to save his friends, and if he got there in time what use would that do? Drac's over thinking made the thought of him winning in the beginning a joke. I failed....once again.

Suddenly a flashback crept into Drac's mind of him when he was a child and he was practicing sword fighting for the first time with the old man. The poor boy was easily beaten but he kept getting back up kept fighting, til eventually the boy gave up. The old man walked over to Drac and asked why he gave up, Drac told him "What's the point. I can't win, your stronger than me. the old man patted Drac on his head "You know why you lost Drac hmm?It's because you don't believe in yourself, when a warrior doesn't believe in himself he has already lost. Believe in yourself Drac, believe.....then no one will be able to stop you not even you.......Believe." Those words echoed through his mind Believe huh?..............Thanks for believing in me......old man

Suddenly the air around Drac began to vibrate as his reiatsu began pouring out of him forming a blue glow around Drac's body. Drac grip his sword tight and looked dead at Arawn, the light in his eyes was shining brighter than before. "I do have a reason to fight you..........And thats is to BEAT YOU!!" Drac rushed toward Arawn and we he got close enough he jumped into the air and made it a vertical slash to his head
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 7:26 pm

It seemed the simple question did just as much damage as the overseer's announcement. Another mental blow had been struck and the boy's resolve wavered. Arawn didn't blame him; It wasn't a very pleasant thought. Although he himself had experienced such a situation, it was different for each person. He could say it wasn't too bad, but for Gabriel it could be the same as stabbing him in the gut. He could only watched the pained expression on the student's face as a clue as to how severe things might be for him. Putting that aside; everyone loses. It's impossible for anyone to have a perfect record at anything. Every game won't end in a flawless victory, and every defeat won't be completely one sided and crushing. He wanted to reassure the student, but it would be pointless. If he couldn't cope with such odds perhaps it was best that he gave up on being a shinigami. Arawn wouldn't be so bold as to say that to the student directly, but the thought was there. Give up now and quit forever; things would only get worse otherwise.

Then Gabriel reiatsu started to radiate from his body. Although Arawn had horrible skills in detecting such energy he could feel and see the spiritual pressure pour off the young man. The red haired shinigami gave off a small whistle. He was smiling again. It was the smile of a proud parent when their child learned to ride their bicycle without falling or brought home their first A on their report card.
The student shouted his proclamation and leaped at him.
"A good answer." was all that Arawn whispered as he met the renewed assault head on. As the vertical slash came down he swung his own to block it horizontally. He was pushed back a little by the blow. The tingle in his arm was second to the shudder of excitement as he looked into Gabriel's eyes. Such light, such ferocity. He would make a good shinigami. Perhaps he could really go all out and see how far this new light would take the man. Arawn tightened his grip on the wooden sword.
"I yield." he said flatly and tucked it back into his belt. Once he had done so he pushed his hair back away from his face and dusted off his uniform. "As I said; there's no real reason for me to fight you. I'm just a decoy." he explained with a small shrug. Turning slightly he tried to guess how much time had passed. The match would be over soon and he could return to his lab. Hopefully Simone and Bryce had been busy while he was gone. Slowly he turned back and walked over to student "You did well Gabriel, keep at it and you'll do fine. I really enjoyed the match." Arawn's hand patted the other man on the shoulder. He gave one final smile before walking off in no particular direction.
Back to top Go down
Drac

Drac

Male

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 8:20 pm

As the two clashed swords the force behind them caused a huge gust of wind to blow out in all direction surely everyone around them could have sensed their reiatsu through out the whole forest. Drac felt the force from Arawn's attack, all the muscles in his arms began to vibrate with intensity Amazing, he still has this much strengh left in him. Drac jumped back and prepared himself for the next attack. "I yield." Drac looked at Arawn shockingly "What, but you can still fight Why." Drac lowered his sword as Arawn tucked in his and began walking towards him "As I said; there's no real reason for me to fight you. I'm just a decoy." Drac lowered his reiatsu as the match was finally over "Hah.....I still can't believe I lasted this long." Suddenly the wooden sword in his hand broke as it could know longer withstand any more blows. Damn.....

"You did well Gabriel, keep at it and you'll do fine. I really enjoyed the match." Drac grinned at the complement. Suddenly the instructor voice was heared through out the forest "Time's Up, even though the Soul Reaper capture the flag and were heading back. This Match ends......in a DRAW." Drac sighed lightly "Well...it wasn't a win, but its better than nothing. Isn't that right Arawn." Drac looked back toward Arawn but he was gone just like that. Drac just stood there and shook his head "Arawn Dan'Shir, I hope i get the chance to fight you again." Drac began heading back toward the gate, as he was covered in dirt.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Capture the Flag (Drac)   Capture the Flag (Drac) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Capture the Flag (Drac)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Soul Society :: Rukongai-
Jump to: