The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male
Number of Posts : 403
Job/Interests : Roleplaying
Quote : I'm that kinda guy, that does this kinda stuff.
Registration Date : 2010-07-05

An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? Empty
PostSubject: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 12:49 am

T'was a bright sunny day and the wind had been nothing else than gone for about a week, Tatsu had spent alot of time by himself after he deserted Soul Society and decided to get himself this little shack in the middle of this plain in the middle of this wood, he had made it himself, when you have Shinigami powers these kinda things are impossible. Rumors had started spreading in the human world that a ghost resided there, that was simply him enjoying a good scare on kids coming to his house, he basicly stopped doing anything, collected his thoughts and waited to see what would happen next. He thought of scenario's in his mind, he already knew he would never be able to go back to Soul Society and he knew he would most likely die to some omnitsukido bastard attacking him in the back, so he spent most of his time laying down in the grass.

Energy started to be felt all around him, and he stood up slowly, who were they, and what did they want...never mind that was a foolish question, he knew who they were and they knew he was there, last thing he needed was them coming to him so fast, So he stood up and used his blinding speed, which was well knowingly overwhelming. A couple of shunpo here and there, supressing his reiatsu and a fast runner, once again he had made it out of their reach, he would live to see another day, he wasn't strong enough, he didn't know when their raids came along, he needed information from the inside, was just a matter of time before they got him anyhow, they had been on his trace for about a month now, catching up with him in different countries.

After another week of running he decided he could stop running smart little bugger had decided this time to come back to the same spot, expecting them to be gone and over with this place, they might even not come back this time. Chuckling to himself Tatsu hopped he would be forgotten by Soul Society.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 3:08 am

The training trip was turning out to be a bad idea. After an hour of traveling through the twisted woods he had yet to find a suitable place to begin practice. He raised his head and stared at the noonday sun. Arawn wiped the sweat from his forehead and adjusted the strap of his satchel. There were various supplies in the backpack quite heavy after the long trek. His grey T-shirt was dark with sweat pouring from his neck and arms. Normally he wouldn't have such a hard time making this journey, but wearing a gigai restricted him greatly. Master Sung had sent him to the human world to train, but as shinigami he could have found spot much quicker.
"I'd forgotten now hard it is to act human." he grunted as he pushed through some bushes. One of branches whipped back and hit him on the chin. Strangely enough it did hurt. It was odd how the false body worked.

Moments later he came to a stop near a downed tree. He was unclear which way he'd been traveling, it was even harder with the sun hanging overhead. Arawn groaned and let the backpack slip from his shoulder and to the ground. With one hand holding the strap he moved to sit on the tree.
"Why do I have to come here to practice Sa Shin Mu?" he said aloud. He knew the answer, his master had gone so far as to tell him. By working in the gigai and the human world with limited reishi he could approve his skills. Arawn had his doubts, but he was willing to try it. Shaking his head he pulled the zipper open and pulled out a bottle of water. The cool water felt good after all that walking. He was tempted to just abandon the gigai and move above the treetops. For some reason he had a feeling that Master Sung would know about it and some punishment would await him. Another long drink of the water and he examined his surroundings. The trees all looked the same. He let the faint wind wash over him cooling him down further. With one more look around he replaced the cap on the canteen and stuffed it back into the bag. Arawn slapped the remaining moisture off his hand onto his faded blue jeans. With a grunt he shouldered the satchel and started to walk what he believed was North. Hopefully he would find a camp before nightfall.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 pm

The woods were stenched with old reiatsu, as if a large scale combat or high powered abilities had been used there, but tree's were high and and the light that pierced through them was rare. Some strands could be noticed by a trained eye, little bells tied to them, but they had already been trigered and broken, as if this would be a trap or something, definetly something happened around here. In the past Tatsu had set them up to know if someone was coming, so he would know when to run away or hide from anyone who had entered his domain.

A clearing could be noticed ahead, although it wasn't empty a little shack made of wood with a little pond ahead of it could be noticed, the grass green and the light everywhere, it was like a little piece of heaven in a forest possesed by evil. A spiritual pressure could be felt coming from the shack, definetly someone strong enough to have access to shikai was ahead, nobody weak...yet no one had been sent out on a mission around here.

Tatsu was just sitting down at his shack, unaware and oblivious to anyone coming to his surroundings, he had decided he would settle down for a while, letting the second division run in circles like a chicken, he knew it wouldn't work for very long. Both of his feets in the water, unarmed he felt just like home.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 am

The minutes felt like hours as he wandered aimlessly. He didn't want to admit it, but Arawn had a horrible sense of direction. Proof of this was that while in Seireitei he used his phone to navigate. The only time he knew where to go was when it was the 12th division barracks. And even then it was only because he was constantly there. With enough time he could memorize the layout and areas. Still the 12th squad was like a maze once you went into the lower levels. He did his best to avoid such places. Pushing past a tree his eyes caught something shining in the distance. Shining? What could that possibly be? He thought and headed in that direction. More seat was forming on his brow and he used his hand to wipe it off. With a jerk he cast the moisture from his finger to the ground. Little by little he made his way through the foliage to the source what was reflecting the light.

Not that he needed to get closer, he had already formulated a guess to what it was; water. Sure enough as he emerged into the clearing he stood face to face with a very small pond. The little lake seemed to accent the small clearing well enough. It seemed so peaceful almost as if someone had made painted the scene before him. Arawn let his backpack off his shoulder and onto the ground. As he thought how nice a place it would be to set up camp, he noticed a shack on the other side of the pond.
"Looks like I'm not the only one." He muttered. Arawn thought about finding another spot, but quickly stopped. The small shack might be abandoned there was no need for him to leave. At the same time if there was someone inside there was ample room there for both of them. Perhaps he could reach some kind of understanding. With a sigh he picked up his backpack and put it back upon his shoulders. He might as well check and find out. Wiping the sweat from his forehead once again he moved towards the pond. Slowly he made his way around the water to reach the shack built there. Upon looking at it close up it looked rather shabby looking. It would probably fall over if he knocked too hard.
"Hello?" he called out as he got closer. "Anyone in there?"
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:12 am

Tatsu knew the man was on his way, he had already left the pond and was sitting in his shack, the light pierced through the planks of wood here and there but the place was cozy and the furnitures just fine opposed to the shack. He had an old green sofa which didn't match with the yellow metal table, a total of three rooms could be seen from the outside and same with the inside, the temperature rarely changed, it was as if he was in a micro climate that seemed to always shine. The wood creaked under the intruders foot as he stepped inside to call out a hello, wondering if Tatsu was inside, of course he was.

The sound of walking and creaking came from another room as he opened his door, revealing himself to the man who had approached his shack alone, he only noticed him a few minutes earlier and flash stepped away to make sure he would have the time to see if other's were with him in the woods, but all in all, he seemed alone. ''Hello, welcome to my abode'' The samurai said from the doorless frame, that seemed to lead to a kitchen behind him.

The smell of nearly done rice spread through the house it was about noon and the sun was glaring down on the both of them, although he had been living there for a few month's Tatsu hadn't gotten used to the different climate here yet. ''To what may I honor the visit of someone in my house? Not many come around here you know, people say its dangerous'' Now came the testing, was this man part of Seireitei, would he call on Tatsu if he learned he was a Ryoka? or worse, was he part of the omnitsukido? On the outside Tatsu had a shy smile trying to look as hospitable as possible, he enjoyed the visit, if only it wasn't there to kill him, it would make thing's much more better.

Tatsu was a simple tall man, rather slim from what showed on his outside. His shinigami robe's got ribbed through battle's with the second division, and some light scar's can be seen through some hole's on his leg and stomach. His hair's are ruffled but they still fall all the way to his ass over his red ex-enforcer cape, which has also been tattered with time, ribbed specially at the bottom, from flapping through the wind too much.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 1:50 am

The fact he received a response was abit disheartening. Arawn had silently hoped to be alone in the clearing. That way he could train here without disturbing the occupant. Still this would be a nice camp spot to say the least. Now if he could convince the person here to let him. The voice's owner came into view and Arawn felt a tickle in the back of his head. Something was off. The clothing that he wore; wasn't it a shinigami's uniform? It was torn and in tatters as if he's seen plenty of battles. But why would a shinigami be living in a shack in the middle of a forest? It was puzzling to say the least. Arawn tore his gaze away from the man's clothes to respond to the question.
"I was traveling in the woods for my training." he stated softly not really meeting the other man's eyes. There were scars on the other man that matched the cuts of his clothing. As his eyes fell on the remains of a red cape he felt a sudden chill down his spine. Why he couldn't be sure, but something about this man disturbed him. Arawn tried his best to detect spiritual power, but he could barely feel anything from this man. Being in a gigai dulled his senses. If he removed it he could probably detect the man better. Still he was reluctant to bring it up. If anything two shinigami meeting shouldn't be an awkward thing. But his intuition told him to ignore it for now. If the man knew he was a shinigami he made no sign. There were humans that had the ability to see spiritual beings. It was best that he pretended to be such a person.
"I didn't think anyone else would be here. Is it okay for me to camp on the other side of the clearing?" As he spoke the smell of food his his nostrils. Arawn's stomach suddenly itself be heard by growling quite loudly. His right hand quickly covered his abdomen as if to quiet the noisy beast from embarrassing him further. "Sorry, I skipped breakfast."
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:04 am

Tatsu's deep blue eyes looked at the man up and down, scratching his scalp with his left hand revealing the zanpakuto with the red bandanna Kaiyo had given him month's before, his blade was a long katana in a black sheath, listening to the man it was as if he knew the man knew he was a shinigami, there was an odd feeling in the air, just as if the air itself grew to weight a ton on both of their shoulders. Hearing his reply Tatsu tried to break the tension with a smile and replied back. ''Oh I hope you enjoyed them, I picked this spot a while back. Being far from all the cities and everything.''

Trailing on and letting the man talk, he was asking him a very weird question indeed, he would have to think about it, and hearing the man's stomach growl an honest smile, this time would appear on Tatsu's face, there isn't a better way to know a man than to eat with him. ''About using the other side of the clearing, I will think about it, how about you have a meal with me, and we can have a chat, then I'll see if you are the kind of person that I would enjoy sharing my little piece of heaven?''

Without further ado, Tatsu turned tail and moved to the kitchen, as if he wouldn't take no for an answer, he would then come back almost just as fast moving to a cubbard as if looking for something. ''Ah there it is'' Went back to the kitchen with a little carpet, as if it was something to kneel on with his japanese table, a much..much better table that was in the living room. ''Please, don't be embarassed and sit down''

There were already two plates on the table, small portions of rice and chicken with in sauce were on the table, as if he had split his own portion in two just for his guest. Kneeling down to take his place he pointed the man's place and waited for him to sit down.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:49 am

While is gut told he should stay outside his actual stomach said otherwise. Hunger made him take that first step into the house. Slowly he followed the man into his humble abode. The more he looked the more he questioned if the man truly was a shinigami. This placed looked looked worse than the houses in the far district of Rukongai. Why would any shinigami live in such a place? It was possible the man was rogue, but why would such a person be so friendly. If he was a rogue and he suspected Arawn of being a shinigami wouldn't he have attacked him already. The meek steps brought him into the man's kitchen area. A very modest kitchen. The man had already set the table up to share his meager meal with the total stranger. With such small portions Arawn almost felt bad for taking the man's food. Was it really alright for him to eat it? Another growl from his stomach made that thought vanish. The pains of being a spiritual being with reiatsu you needed food. Right now Arawn felt too hungry to argue. Shrugging the knapsack from the back he took a seat at the empty space. The backpack mad a thud as hit the ground. Arawn's eyes widened and a smile came to his face.
"One second." he said as he opened his pack and began digging inside. He pulled out can after cans and sealed packages from the bottom of the bag. There were his camping rations; beans, sardines, soup, biscuits, processed meat, potatoes and other dried vegetables. The last thing he pulled out from the bottom were small pouches of sweet gel; a modest desert for someone camping out. "Since you're willing to share, I can share some of mine as well." Arawn said sheepishly. While they would taste better cooked, they all could be eaten cold.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 12:04 pm

Tatsu eyed the man wondering if he did, if he wouldn't he'd chase him off his little clearing. On a good note he walked towards the kitchen and surrendered to the little food was present on the table, he had a little more but he only had prepared for a 1 person meal. Tatsu lived in a place like this to forget about his time's as a shinigami, not that it worked with a whole army of killer ninja's after him. But that had become a basic already.

To Tatsu's surprise the man he had invited pulled out his bag and moved to the table taking out some food from his bag, Tatsu was pleased he had found a nice person to talk with for a change. ''My name is Tatsu Chirako, I'm pleased to have you at my table'' an honest smile on his face he waited for his guest to share the food he was willing to share and let him have the first bite, of course there were no forks or spoons at the table, it was all Chop sticks.

The kitchen was by far the better room in the little shack, the as if he had started by building this piece and then moved on to the others before being interupted. ''What kind of training are you here for? If I may ask?''
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 09, 2012 2:32 pm

Arawn eyed the cans on the small table. They each had ring tabs to make it easier to open. His hands grabbed the one labeled 'Beans'. It was a colorful little label with some cartoon character saying how great their product was. Arawn's finger hooked the metal ring and pushed it forward breaking the seal on the can. Pulling backwards he tore the whole metal lid off the top. The beans were revealed for all to see sitting in a thick gravy. Tipping the can he let the uncooked beans fall onto his plate. When he had a decent sized pile of beans and juice he pulled the can away. He used the back of his finger to wipe away the bit of liquid that tried to fall down the side of the can. Arawn then licked the finger clean and slid the can next to Tatsu. It didn't taste bad being how hot it was the can was quite warm. While not fully cooked it didn't have a funny taste to it. Next he focused his attention on long silver pouch. It looked like aluminum foil. He grabbed one end and tore the wrapper easily and out popped a small bread. It looked like a biscuit, but slightly less flaky. Arawn wasn't quick enough in catching the bread so it fell to the table, bounced and rolled to a stop beside his food. With a smile he grabbed the truant roll and put it next to the beans. Arawn offered the still open pouch to Tatsu, a second roll still sitting inside. He placed the open bag next to he beans and then rubbed his hands together ready to eat. He reached for the chopsticks then stopped.

"Sorry I still can't seem to use those too well." Arawn opened a small narrow pouch on the outside of the bag and produced a small metal object. He held it in his right hand for the other man to see. It was a metal spork. "Titanium." Arawn quickly added as he rubbed it against the side of his pants and began to scoop some rice into his mouth. The food was good, the rice was sticky and soft. He didn't realized how hungry he was until the first bite, cut a piece of the chicken with the spork, his next spoonful had some beans coupled with the chicken. The beans weren't as crunchy as he expected, the heat of the day had indeed made them warm and manageable. The salty and hot chicken made it easier to consume. Finally the grabbed the rolled and dipped it in the juice of the beans before taking a bite. He'd had these things before the roll was soft due to the heat, but not by much. It was like a chewy rock. Arawn had just managed to chew it down when the other man introduced himself.
"I'm_" he coughed as his food wasn't complete clear when he attempted to speak. It felt like he was choking. Dropping the spork to the table he reached into his back for his canteen. Popping the cap he downed the water to clear his mouth. With a loud sigh he placed the bottle on the table.
"Sorry about that. Call me Arawn Dan'Shir." he had thought about using a fake name, but even if the man was a shinigami the chances of him knowing if it was real or not were astronomical at best. While his mouth was still clear he figured it best to answer the man's other question.
"It's for martial arts." Arawn said simply, "My master is a traditionalist, he thinks to truly master the form one must commune with nature." That was part of the truth, but not all of it. In Rukongai he had practiced high atop a mountain and deep in a haunted forest. Now he was to practice here in the human world to better refine his art. The less plentiful reishi was supposed to help him manage his own spiritual power. Not to mention doing this while in a gigai. The amount of power he could use in the form was severely limited.

Last edited by Arawn on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 12:18 pm

Tatsu stayed at the table eyeing the man handling the bean can, he was amused to see the little cartoon characters on the can, he was thrilled by the fact it was little kids having fun around a can of beans. Looking at the man, quickly taking off the lid revealing the tasty gravy that was inside. Seeing as the can was being offered to him, Tatsu took it with a nice smile, looking inside to see if half was about left, if that was left he would take it as a message to take what's left, since he was splitting it in two. Tatsu would take his chopsticks to dig within the can and drag out what was left of the gravy making little splat sounds as he was making it fall in a neat spot within his plate, it seemed a complete meal to him by now, but the other man was already pulling out another bag full of unknown flavours once again. Tatsu completly saw the biscuit fall off the bag, his reflexes shouted to him to catch it, but he would only move his body forward, to him that was a sign that he was starting to slow down and he would need to start training himself also, if he would trust this man maybe would they even train together. He ended up just looking at the biscuit roll off and then rose his eyes up to the man that was now offering the bag, Tatsu would just reach for the bag and then take one before going back into his kneeling position.

Seeing as the man refused to use the chopsticks and reached for his bag to get forks, made him think about a great idea he just had within his head. Tatsu would wait for his guest before taking a bite himself and started eating at a regular pace, not that he bothered with the fact that his guest was actually devouring his whole meal in a record time within this kitchen. Introducing himself, Tatsu waited for the other man to tell his name and was met with a name he didn't know, and it didn't really surprise him, he would nod his head respectivly and eat another.

''For martial arts hmm? That's very interesting. I truly believe that if your master is a traditionalist he would rather you eat with the chopsticks. In a way, chopsticks are harder to manipulate than an actual weapon.''

As the shinigami spoke, it was as if a passion lit through him, of course he loved training and the mastering of one's self but helping people achieving goals they wanted to reach was something he liked too, and of course during the same time maybe he could train himself with this man, once he had pierced what he exactly was. Tatsu is a rather curious person knowing that he invited someone to his little hideout, he didn't even know if he was about to run away from a second division ambush or be peaceful for a month or two, his life was chaotic and he was out to find himself, it would take alot of time and alot of running.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 2:04 pm

The man's comment made him laugh. He tried his best to contain that laughter and not offend the man. Here he was in his kitchen sharing a mean it would be rude to do outright laugh at him.
"My master said the same thing." Arawn answered with a smile "And you're both right, those little pieces of wood are harder than a mastering nun-chucks." Arawn winced upon remember that experience with the chain bound pieces of wood.
"Actually he wanted me to come here with nothing, but the clothes on my back. I was to forage for food and live off the land." he gave a shrug and set his spork on the plate gently.
"Unfortunately things have changed." Arawn said looking out the door he had just entered. "The Earth isn't as pure as it once was. I lost count on the number of plastic bags I saw when moving through the woods. There number of beer cans you'd think there was a brewery nearby." He snickered at his own joke, but quickly sobered. "My Master too sees that things aren't what they used to be. I'm sure it would warm his heart to know there's an oasis of purity this deep in the woods."
This was the kind of place his master had told him to find. A place almost untouched by the taint of civilization.
Arawn thought the old man was joking, but he could almost feel an energy in the air that wasn't reishi or reiatsu. Perhaps it was just the feeling of serenity? This place was calming to the soul, and being a spiritual body perhaps it was the perfect place to be.

With another shrug Arawn picked up his spork and shoveled another spoon full into his mouth. He slowly chewed mixing the flavors in his mouth.
"So what are you doing this far out? Training as well?" He asked after his mouth was empty. Although it was a small bit of food he washed it down with a half swallow of water. It was possible the main was out here training like him. He still entertained the idea that a shinigami wouldn't take up resident in the middle of a woods. This odd man had to have a reason for being here. Arawn had wanted to ask the man the question when he first saw him, but that would have been quite awkward. But since the Tatsu had asked first, it was easier now to make it seem like a part of the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 3:00 pm

Tatsu smiled in responce to the man's laughter, unsure on how to react so he took another bite from his meal enjoying it to the maximum of his taste buds. He listened to the man's quote about his master and nodded with a smile on his face. ''Well I'm glad your master shares a way of thinking with me, and the chopsticks are easy to learn once you get down to it, it is harder not to forget.''

Hearing his comment about the earth Tatsu shared that way of thinking also the world wasn't what it was used to be. ''You know..sometimes I think I have visions of my human life, I see the earth as pure and beautiful as it used to be, sometimes I get flashes of green hills and rolling plains where city stand now, it might just be me though..I might just be too imaginative..''

Once again nodding to the man's comment about his master Tatsu took a serious tone to his face clearing his mouth to make a serious comment about what he was about to say. ''Clearings such as these are rare and need to be kept rare, because then they would be used for the wrong purpose.'' Tatsu relished at the soul cleansing this place had and he knew this would be the place of his redeeming, if he would ever be redeemed.

''What I'm doing..I'll be honest, I'm trying to find myself'' Tatsu was dead serious at this point, it was rather hard to find one's self in an era such at this. Cracking his neck from side to side and getting his chopsticks back. '' And I'm training to master the chopsticks and other tools of self defence'' He smiled not really wanting to go in any deeper before he knew what the man was.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 am

"You chose a nice place for reflection." the red haired man responded. Just who is this man? Arawn thought to himself. With a single question Arawn had changed the lighthearted man's mood. There was no way for him to hide the torrent of emotion as he spoke. He added another scoop of beans and rice into his mouth and slowly chewed on the words. The man's strange attire was bugging him. He spoke of finding himself. Self exploration in a deep hidden spot. It almost sounded like a wise man becoming a hermit to reach enlightenment. Was is a personal sin? Or some other tragedy that haunted the man? These thoughts tumbled out as he chewed the food. Before he noticed he had already swallowed and his mouth was empty once again.
"I'm sure if I met a combatant wielding only chopsticks it would give me pause." He hoped the small joke would lighten the man's mood abit more. For the most part he was being honest. If ever met someone using small wooden sticks as a weapon there was little doubt he would approach such a person cautiously. Such a person would either be a high caliber genius or a complete moron.

"I've learned the greatest weapon to master is yourself. With that all else becomes an extension of that mastery." Actually part of that was from a book he had read and paraphrasing something his master has brought up. It felt embarrassing saying something so corny. He could feel his face flush slightly and quickly put more food in his mouth to take his mind off it. Picking up the biscuit he took another bite of the chewy bread. Semi crunchy beans, rice, and the soft bread mixed in his mouth as he considered the man more. He was still unable to get a clear reading of his spiritual power. He cursed the awkwardness of the gigai. Arawn really would like to take it off, but decided to remain true to his master's wishes. The spork cut off a piece of chicken and added it to the mixture in his mouth. Pushing said mixture to the side of his cheek he spoke again "I did take some stick fighting when I was younger. Tricky stuff." he quickly went back to chewing and took another swig of water to wash it away.
"It makes more sense to master hand to hand combat. Most people don't carry a weapon around with them." Arawn looked to see if Tatsu would react, but at the same time trying to move the conversation along. "Learning to fight someone that uses a weapon is the next step once I've gained enough skill."
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 11:18 pm

''Well I thank you for your notice, it did take me a long time to find such a place, my soul was in turmoil, I needed a place of peace.'' Tatsu remained at a neutral mood past this point but he kept his smile up still trying to be hospitable to the guest that reminded him of souvenirs. Tatsu laughed and lightened up. ''Well I'm sure I can try to hold you on that, and attempt to practice with you using mere chopsticks.'' Tatsu entertained the thought of someone releasing a bankai ability and actually having two little chopsticks and he couldn't hold himself from laughing outloud.

''I think we all learn that somewhere, meaning that the ultimate warrior would only fight with his body and win against any weapon....I'm doubtful if you want my opinion.''

Taking a bite out of his half done meal he chewed and swallowed before thinking about what he was about to say. ''Perhaps we should try to train together, it might open your mind on thing's and get me back in the hang of things.'' Tatsu said implying he hadn't been fighting for a long time, but it only had been a week and he knew it wouldn't be long, even though they strike teams had suddenly stopped. ''I've some knowledge in hand to hand combat if you desire to try sparring me I would be pleased.''
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:11 am

"So you want to train with me?" Arawn rubbed his chin at the idea of having someone to practice with. Master Sung had instructed him to come out here in the gigai to train. At the time Arawn could only assume that he was meant to train alone, but here was someone more than willing to try and work with him. Alone he would probably have to resort to just running, shadow boxing, kata, and mediation. A little bit of sparring would do well to liven up that little regime. Arawn gave a genuine smile to Tatsu. "I think I may take you up on your offer, neighbor." He put emphasis on the last word before pushing more of the food into his mouth. Seeing as he made the offer to help him it could be said he happy to see him stay. Tatsu seemed a nice enough fellow despite the questions the hung about him. It was obvious there was much more to the man than it seemed. At the same time he seemed to have a tranquil air about him. This could be just his attempt at keeping whatever issues that sent him to this place quiet.
Arawn shook his head and tried to focus on his meal, but a question suddenly popped into head. Perhaps he could find more about this strange man sitting before him without being too suspicious.

"So you have combat training? Where did you learn?" It seemed an innocent enough question. Hakuda skill was something some shinigami learned if not in the academy in a squad. His appearance did look like he had experienced many a battle. It wasn't too odd for a man that had lived on the battlefield so long to wish some time away from the place. Merely leaving the fighting world didn't instantly quiet the spirit of such a warrior. Still it was possible to obtain some measure of peace in such a place as this. Was that what Tatsu was doing? Was he resting, or was he running away? It wasn't his place to pry, but he couldn't stop his inquisitive nature. A puzzle was meant to be solved and before him sat an enigma. He wanted the truth, he wanted the know the secret the man held. But in asking questions and digging deeper he opened himself to the same treatment. A double edged sword, already Arawn tried to formulate his own answers to similar questions if they came up.
Back to top Go down
Takatsumaru

Takatsumaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:54 am

Tatsu smiled hearing the man's responce to his agreement. It had been a while Tatsu hadn't sparred anyone and followed a strict training to hone his skills, his hand to hand combat was so so, but all his skills relied in his sword fighting, where he was a dominant specie. Tatsu didn't know where he was about to let the man stay, actually he hadn't prepared for such a visit beforehand but he was to make sure this man stayed someone dry and neat. ''We'll set up something for the time's you need to sleep'' Said Tatsu who had almost finished his plate by this time.

Tatsu could feel the man's nature pushing him to reveal his nature, and he was always ready to reply in kind, he didn't want to man to leave, but he didn't want to lie to him, Tatsu hated lies above all. So he decided he would tell him part of the truth.

''I've training in, Bushido, and Iai'' Tatsu nodded to his saying. ''I've learned in an Academy for young fighters'' He didn't really tell its name, but its was an obvious fact it was Seireitei. Tatsu was a skilled Diplomat, and by the way he talked, he didn't reveal all the information, and before the man on the other side of the table pushed in a word Tatsu would reply with a question of his own. ''How about you? Which part of the world are you from? Got any family?'' Tatsu was curious also, an every shy grin appearing on the side of his mouth, noticing the other man's game, he decided to follow in, every question he would receive would be answered by another. Nothing was free after all.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 2:04 am

Iai was a term he had heard before, but for some reason the meaning was los to Arawn at this time. Rather than fixate on that he instead focused on what he did know. Bushido was something he was more familiar with. The true art of swordmanship wasn't it? The principles that created samurai? Was he some old fashioned warrior? In truth it was the root of all sword styles so perhaps it was a more traditionalist approach to fighting. Mastery of the mind, then the body. It would explain why he was in the middle of nowhere. Some part of his training. Still Arawn didn't completely buy that. But even as he thought about it, the man's inevitable questions came about. They were not the questions he expected. The man wanted to know where he was from. That was an easy one. For this Arawn could tell the truth.

"I'm from England. I grew up in a fishing village" he said with very little thought. Indeed he had been born in England before his unfortunate demise. He wasn't about to tell the man about being a spirit. "I lived there for quite awhile til I moved away for college. After awhile I found myself drifting about." Drifting about as in a dead spirit. A senseless accident had claimed his life and afew others. Arawn had taken that time as a ghost to travel. Avoiding hollows and 'black robes', what he called shinigami. It wasn't until many years later that he finally was sent to Soul Society.
"Don't worry about putting me up somewhere, I'm going to camp on the other side of the clearing." Arawn said upon realizing them wanted to house him as well. Master Sung had told him to camp. So he would camp. At least he didn't have to hunt for his food or anything. Merely to relax in nature as he practiced his art.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?   An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An unexpected Meeting, Friend or Foe?
Page 1 of 1