The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vereor

Vereor

Male
Number of Posts : 12
Job/Interests : Student, having (too much on) a mind of my own.
Quote : If you stare into the abyss, get something better to do.
Registration Date : 2009-06-13

Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell Empty
PostSubject: Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell   Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:22 am

Consciousness returned as it had gone. First there was a realisation of pressure on his body, mainly his back and from there on his mind awoke in a flash.
Raising himself up on an impulse Vereor broke trough the blanket of sand that the winds had placed over him. He quickly freed himself from the sand, memories of the water's grasp still fresh in mind.

Glancing round the environment it appeared that he wasn't just in the middle of the biggest sandpit he had ever seen, far to his left a forest of immense tall dark trees arose. There was no light vegetation to precede it, the forest appeared to just start there in full size.
'Well there's something I missed. I had my reasons of course, but still, its not something small to be overlooked. More important, what has happened to my body?'
The dark arms he considered his looked too surreal to just accept as his own, so Vereor tried to see whether he could raise one. It bent smoothly, oddly placed muscles he didn't know of tensing and a feeling of euphorias shot trough him.
Whatever it was that had happened, this new form was far more potent than he had been, but how to what extent he wondered? Looking at the forest far away a chuckle left his lips, or at least he thought it did, the sound was there anyway.
'This new form, have these arms and legs got the potential they feel like then this will be very interesting indeed. How close can my feet get me to those trees, I wonder, let's run.'

From the very first step onward Vereor kept accelerating, each consequent step increasing his speed more and more. At first he tried running the way his human body had done it but soon it dawned on him that in that way the full potential of this body still wouldn't be realised. Altering his steps, making them longer and using the strange feeling of kicking off with more than just his feet's touch of sand the world flashed by more quickly than he ever imagined it would when running.

The dreadful feeling that had possessed him when he awoke a while ago had left him and somewhere he realised a spark of happiness still remained in feeling powerful, throwing your whole against the wind and racing yourself on. 'It feels as if this body is made to run, but there is more. This power, if I can run this fast straight ahead with still so much strength unused, maybe the forest will have to wait for me a little longer. There is something else I need to try.'

throwing one leg sideways Vereor used the other to benefit from this shift in balance and instantly changed directions, now running parallel to the trees. Not satisfied he tried it again and again, turning in many occasionally completely different directions and the nature of his physique became obvious. Not only accelerating straight ahead felt right but the vicious looking extensions on his arms and pieces on his back allowed him surprising control when he suddenly decided to make a sharp turn.

In an impulse his right arm slung forward and sliced deep into the nearest large object before Vereor dug his feet in and came to an abrupt stop. He had already reached the edge of the woods, the massive trees looking down on him where he stood at their feet. His eyes examined the cut, which would have cleanly brought down an earthly oak by the looks of it.

Sinking down against the cut tree (still standing after the comparably slight peck he had given it) Vereor caught his breath.
'I'm running faster than before alight, you'll need a bloody good car to catch me and it feels exhilarating. If that asshole that tried to leave me and brother is around here somewhere as well I think ill go reclaim my knife, although.. If its still in his neck I'll let him keep it, serves him right. Heh, have him try something again and he'll be off worse than dead. Ill look for him in a moment, right now I think I've pushed myself a bit too far.'
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male
Number of Posts : 722
Job/Interests : Marine aspirant / writer
Registration Date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell   Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 11:32 am

Approved +2 to speed.
Back to top Go down
Vereor

Vereor

Male
Number of Posts : 12
Job/Interests : Student, having (too much on) a mind of my own.
Quote : If you stare into the abyss, get something better to do.
Registration Date : 2009-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell   Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 1:17 pm

Another great thing about his new form, Vereor decided, was how quickly it recovered. He had hardly rested and already he felt like going again. Moreover, now that he had struck the tree an idea had come up.
'If I..' He thought; '..just put a cross of cuts on several trees and try to cut them all as quickly as I can that'll be a good test to see what I can do. It might even allow me to practice a little using these backangled katar, whatever they are, when running which looks difficult. Hell, you never know what I'll need them for.'
Deciding that it was worth a try Vereor set off into the forest and placed two dozen crosses on different trees. They were quite easily visible but he did scout the patch of forest twice after to get a good general idea of where they were located despite every tree looking the same.

Back at the edge of the woods he flexed his legs and arms a little and cut a piece of wood out of one of the already damaged trunk before turning to face his improvised course before him. Only a single X was actually visible from where he stood but the first few he still remembered clearly, they wouldn't be hard to find.
Vereor threw the piece of lumber, if that's what it was, high up into the air and then quickly dug his feet in. Eyes focussed forward and all of his new muscles tensed he awaited the fall and thud that the piece would make, his start sign.
When it fell on the forest's floor the soft sound it made had not yet rung out before it disappeared in the crashing sound produced by Vereor's kickoff. Counting the fist step it took him only five paces to reach the first tree and produce a deep extra cut perfectly horizontal trough the mark. From there on it got a lot harder though, without the added turning capacity of his right arm Vereor almost hit the first tree and he had to throw himself left with all of his strength to get back on course.
At the second he tried throwing his weight around already before cutting, which proved effective for making the turn as soon as he had cleared the marked tree as well as forcing the blade deeper trough the bark.
Along the way he slipped twice and the second time it happened he also crashed into one of the thick trunks but somehow the thrill of this match against himself was only fuelled by the failure. With only half of the marked trees struck and two falls Vereor had a resolve of anger and dissatisfaction that drove him on to try it again, failing even worse.

'Damn, this isn't working!' Vereor sat at the tree line thinking to himself, catching his breath again, 'It is possible, I know it is, but how the bloody hell do I pull it off? Obviously the premature turning improved my flexibility but it still isn't enough. Can it be that I need to stop seeing this as a single run and more of a continuous series of smaller tracks? That way I might be able to practice specific types of turning to see how fast I should take them, try to improve in segments rather than taking on it whole every time.. Ah, lets do that for a change, its not like I'm short on time.' A little stiff Vereor got up from the ground and threw a glance around; 'Where did I leave that piece of wood again?'

Realising that he wasn't going to find it again Vereor just cut out another one and this time tried running the route till where it went wrong last time and trying that part until it worked out right. The sprint for the first mark and slalom that ensued he preformed flawless despite doing it on full speed. After that came some really fast turns to avoid the splintered remains of what had once been a particularly big tree. In there he struck a especially annoying mark self-surprising skilfully with his left blade instead of the right, something he had been hesitant to do before and found that it was terrible for his left turns to miss his right arm.
Ambidextrously using the two blades when best suited the track turned almost into a walk in the park rather than an impossible deathrun. Finishing it unharmed but still exhausted Vereor let himself fall to the forest floor once more.

'Alright, it helped, but I'm NOT doing this again. Ever!'
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male
Number of Posts : 722
Job/Interests : Marine aspirant / writer
Registration Date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell   Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 12:34 pm

Approved +2 to speed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell   Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vereor Kryss - First steps in Hell
Page 1 of 1