The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why do I need kido? (solo)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiro Okami

Shiro Okami

Male
Number of Posts : 8
Registration Date : 2020-04-26

Why do I need kido? (solo) Empty
PostSubject: Why do I need kido? (solo)   Why do I need kido? (solo) I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 9:13 pm

"Recruits! Front and center! We haven't got all day!" the instructor shouted.
The class lined up for kido practice. As Shiro stepped in line, Taichi followed suit, standing right next to him. His towering figure dwarfed Shiro, who was feeling jittery enough as he stood in line, not really prepared for today's lesson. He had done some light research the night before, but couldn't stay focused due to lack of interest. Until now, Shiro had focused most of his training on sword techniques. He assumed if he could strike hard and fast enough, he could take out his opponent quickly with less chance of getting himself or anyone else hurt. What good was kido to him?
"Since it's your first day casting kido, I'm gonna give you something simple. Use hado #1 on those targets." he said as he motioned down the firing range at the training dummies provided.
The class took aim and fired on the training dummies. Taichi glared down at Shiro with a smirk on his face. "I got this." he said as he raised his arm, pointed his finger and effortlessly sent a wave of energy that hit the target dead center, almost knocking it over. This attracted the admiration of other students who came over to praise Taichi's greatness. Shrugging off his accomplishment, Taichi brushed his hair back and glanced down at Shiro. "Beat that." he said in a condecending tone.
Shiro stood in awe. Taichi was so cool. With little effort, he had nearly mastered his first kido spell on the first try.  
"Okami!" the instructor shouted. "Quit standing around and cast your kido already!"
Shiro snapped to attention as he realized he had yet to cast his kido. Unfortunately, this also made the rest of the class aware of the fact and now all eyes were fixed on Shiro. The anxiety of everyone watching him, judging him, made Shiro feel uncomfortable. He raised a trembling hand and attempted to take aim. Closing his eyes at the last second, Shiro's hand veered off target and he missed the training dummy entirely.
"Pitiful." the instructor sighed. "The most basic of kido spells and yet it was too much for you." The rest of the class chuckled at this notion. How could anyone fail at something so simple.
"I-I prefer to attack with my own strength." Shiro said. "I don't n-need kido to be victorious."
The instuctor scoweled. "Very well. Let's see you achieve victory without it then." He then proceeded to step out onto the firing range. "Join me. If you can land a single hit on me in three minutes time, I will give you a pass for the day."
Shiro couldn't pass up such a tempting offer. He stepped up and took his position.
"Begin." the instructor shouted.
Back to top Go down
Shiro Okami

Shiro Okami

Male
Number of Posts : 8
Registration Date : 2020-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Why do I need kido? (solo)   Why do I need kido? (solo) I_icon_minitimeFri May 08, 2020 9:20 pm

Shiro dashed forward attempting to end things quick like he had with Taichi on the first day.
"Hado number one." The instuctor pointed at Shiro. "Sho."
Shiro fell to the ground as the force of the push offset his balance. He wasted little time in his recovery, got back up and proceeded to charge. Once again, the instructor pushed him back. Pressed for time, Shiro began thinking hard for a way to turn the tables. Just then, he gained a new perspective on combat. He realized his opponent's kido required him to point at his target. If he could not point, he could not direct the spell.
Drawing on his knowledge from the previous night's research, Shiro stood up and pointed at his instructor. "Bakudo number one. Sai."
His instructor soon found it impossible to cast as his hands were bound behind his back. Utilizing the brief moment this tactic had bought him, Shiro darted forward and struck his opponent before the bakudo could be broken.
"Impressive." The instructor grunted. "Who taught you such a technique?"
Shiro breathed heavily as he composed himself.
"I trained in the rokungai with any trainer who could teach me combat skills. As for the bakudo, I studied up on it last night."
"That was your first casting of a bakudo?"
"Yessir. I reviewed the technique last night, but I didn't have anyone to test it on."
The instructor stood in awe.
"Very well. You recieve a pass for today. Consider yourself lucky. I'm not so easily impressed. But I still expect you to work on your casting of hado number one. Be capable of hitting the training dummy by tomorrow."
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Why do I need kido? (solo)   Why do I need kido? (solo) I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2020 6:42 pm

Hado #1 349/110 words.
Bakudo #1 276/110 words.

Both Approved.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do I need kido? (solo)   Why do I need kido? (solo) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do I need kido? (solo)
Page 1 of 1