The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Solo] Verge of pain

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kousaru

Kousaru

Male
Number of Posts : 11
Location : Soul soceity? Aspirations into the primal instinct for self-preservation. No trite renditions.
Job/Interests : Gazing at the Lament Lanterns.
Registration Date : 2011-02-08

[Solo] Verge of pain Empty
PostSubject: [Solo] Verge of pain   [Solo] Verge of pain I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:29 pm

kousaru winced as the pain flooded his senses, but the most annoying aspect of his sudden awareness of his senses was the loud grating noise that had cut into his slumber; it sounded like the edge of a sword being sharpened. At this realization Shoon struggled to open his heavy eyelids as he felt the cold floor numb the searing pain that shot through his back. Just when he thought that he had died in peace, he found himself in the presence of yet another hostile enemy waiting to carve him to pieces while he lay defenseless, Even after all this fighting I’m still alive…alive only to find myself in the presence of another soul that wants to vanquish me he thought as he raised himself jerkily into a seated position. The strain left him sweating from every pore in his body as he peered into the light of room to find a shinigami perched upon a table, comfortable sharpening the edge of his blade against a stone. Light seemed to reflect from the man’s eyes making it hard to see whether he was looking at Kousaru or something else. When the man tilted his head slightly Shoon realized that the man was wearing glasses which were placed precariously upon his nose as if it were a fashion statement.

“It would be better for you if you just went back to sleep. Your wounds are extensive and won’t heal for some time” the man’s voice came to Kousaru in smooth, languid voice that matched the demeanor that seemed to summarize the man’s personality. Receiving a blatant order from this stranger had already stirred Shoon and his eyes immediately darted around the room to locate a weapon he could use.

“You’re zanpakutou is in the Far East corner of the room, but as I said before your wounds are to severe for you to be trying something so strenuous. In your current condition holding a sword should be the furthest thing on your mind” the man rationalized with kousaru. A rigid jaw line burst out underneath the injured youth’s cheeks while he felt his fingers dig it the dank wood floor below; the stinging complacency that the man spoke with told kousaru that he was being looked down upon. Defiant rage forced him upon shaky legs as he limped over to where the black lacquered sheath of his zanpakutou lay resting against the wall. Before he had taken five steps his legs gave way causing him to crumple to the ground. It was then that he realized that his body had received extensive care and he had been bandaged for his various injuries; his eyes flicked angrily towards the man as he rolled over to lay flat on his back.

Lights flickered in the distant view, for some reason the space between the ground and the ceiling seemed insurmountably distant. It was feeling of immense frailty that Shoon felt as he lay upon the ground under the watch of this stranger, not knowing whether he was in the presence of some killer or just a mere bystander.

“Do you even know who I am?” the exhausted kousaru questioned with closed eyes, his lips threatened to slur with the fuzzy delirium that threatened to overwhelm so he concentrated upon each syllable as if it were his life at stake.

“Do you know what I was doing before you found me?” he continued probing for answers; he wanted to see how much the shinigami knew about him and the situation that he was found in. If the mysterious man knew about the situation then Kousaru would be forced to either defeat him or flee his position in the Gotei 13, the latter would put him at a huge disadvantage in the future. Unconsciously he began holding his breath as he waited for the man’s answer to cross the expanse from where he remained propped against the table with his mind seemingly entirely focused on the menial task at hand. It seemed like time passed slowly as the only sound the filled the room was the grating noise of the sword grinding against the rock.

Apprehension filled Kousaru and he was about to yell at the man to explain himself when suddenly the awaited answer came fluttering across the room.

“I don’t know who you are or what you were doing when you and Fuu Long began fighting. The only reason that I brought you out to this unmarked area was because you needed immediate assistance” the casual explanation came.

He can’t be serious. He picked me up without knowing about me, Ray Kousaru mugenryu. The man who has slain several hollow already, one in his own class. Just who is the man? Of all the thoughts that raced through Shoon’s cerebrum, the last remained the most pertinent of them all. How could there be a shinigami that was unaware of the current situation that surrounded the third squad captain and a certain Kousaru mugenryu? As ideal as it would have been Kousaru couldn’t believe that fortune would smile upon him so brightly as he turned his head lazily to face the direction the man was in. There were beads wrapped around the man’s left wrist; he recognized them as Mala or as they were commonly known Buddhist prayer beads.

This man is a religious shinigami? His composure…there’s something about him that’s kind of unsettling, but what could it be? Kousaru wondered as his lids remained only half open.

“Before you ask anymore questions I suggest that you rest once more since your body still hasn’t recovered from the fight. I will remain here until I am sure that you can fend for yourself once again” the man instructed once again without a glance in Kousaru’s direction. His taciturn words were logical and he didn’t seem to be the type of man that cared for battle from what Kousaru could tell, but there was still more about the man that Kousaru suspected was hidden.

“You know…” Kousaru woozily called out to the air as he felt his body relax in preparation for a long slumber.

“…men who so freely hand out charity like you don’t normally last too long in the world of shinigami” he suggested with a knowing smile on his face.

“I know this firsthand so I’m going to guess that you’re actually one of those composed guys that only gets serious in a fight. That’s the only way that someone like you can exist…and if that’s the case…” he trailed off as his body could no longer carry the weight of weariness that had drowned him.

Peaceful warmth spread through his body as he let go and felt the cleaning qualities of sleep wash through his beaten body. Even as he slept his mind still wondering loosely about the course of action that he should take when he awoke to the shinigami once again, but even these thoughts were wiped away.

Kosu…even if I die here. I will have somewhat avenged you, right? Kosu? Kosu… His last frail thought circled blindly in his head before he drifted fully to sleep knowing that his troubles were only beginning.
Back to top Go down
Kousaru

Kousaru

Male
Location : Soul soceity? Aspirations into the primal instinct for self-preservation. No trite renditions.

PostSubject: Re: [Solo] Verge of pain   [Solo] Verge of pain I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:35 pm

Blinking once set his retinas ablaze, blinking twice felt as if someone had just poured a liter of acid onto his eyelids as his body quickly tried to adjust to the sudden burst of stimuli. Where am I? Kousaru wondered as he rubbed his eyes with the backside of his hand; his body still felt sore and worn down even though the injuries weren’t the throbbing masses of pain they had initially been. Managing to keep his right eye open he checked his surroundings to see what was happening around him only to find that he was in the same room he had been the first time he had woken up. Instinctively his hand reached down to grab the hilt of his zanpakutou. When all he grabbed was a cloth a feeling of unpleasant anxiety filled indictated by the small dots of perspiration that became visible upon his forehead. Although Kousaru hadn’t bonded with his zanpakutou to an acknowledgeable level, he couldn’t deny the fact that when he had the blade by his side there was a sense of peace in his spirit.

“You’re awake” a voice echoed through what Kousaru had thought to be the solitary house he had woken up in. His reaction was immediate as he half leaped and half rolled in the opposite direction of where the voice had originated from; his back protested in agony at the sudden movement, but the young shinigami resiliently ignored it.

Focusing upon the silhouette that remained in the dark hallway, Kousaru propped himself up using a nearby chair. Swaying from the awkward sensation of standing again after resting for a long time gave him a sense of vertigo as he stumbled forward before catching himself. Sweat now crawled down his muscled arm anew, his body felt as if it were in a tight suit made of skin and it was about to burst; it was an uncomfortable feeling that Kousaru pushed to the back of his head as regarded the silhouette.

“Who are you!” he commanded in a voice shriller than he had meant, it seemed that his anxiety had still not subsided at being weaponless in an unfamiliar area against an opponent that he had no idea about.

Before he knew it he heard footsteps pass him as a breeze blew gently by him, carrying the scent of chamomile tea and Shoon whirled around to find the shinigami who had been sitting on the table sharpening his blade before.

“I made some tea in case you want any” the kind voice offered to the gaunt figure that stared wildly at him; kousaru knew that he looked more frightened than intimidating at the moment and he hated the man even more for making him feel this way. I…I won’t allow him to underestimate me like this. This man…

“You think that tea is your biggest problem right now?” Kousaru goaded as his eyes cast a quick glance at the east corner of the room where he could barely make out the form of a sheathed zanpakutou. At least I have that going for me. Catching a movement out of his peripheral vision Shoon refocused his attention upon the man in front of him, the man who still seemed to be completely unguarded.

Although the man’s zanpakutou hung loosely at his hip, there were no other signs that the man was prepared to engage anything as he remained rooted to the ground holding a pitcher of tea. With narrowed eyes, Kousaru recalled the speed and ease that the man had slipped past him with only a few moments ago, He’s strong. Maybe not willing to fight, but he’s hiding something Kousaru decided as he stood up straight. His hakama was only half on his body as the treated side of his torso remained exposed to the air.

“If you would like any of the tea I will place it upon the table. I’ll be back later to check on you. Please try to get some rest. Your wounds are healing, but you still need a few more days before trying anything reckless” the advised as he walked toward the exit of the wooden cabin. The man’s clothing was neat and pressed in every corner giving him a professional look as he reached for the door; he seemed somewhat refined as if he were from some family of nobility.

Still glaring at the inauspicious man, Kousaru watched as he set the steaming pitcher upon the table and returned the young shinigami’s gaze with one of complete serenity while the table separated them. The condensed vapor rested upon the painted porcelain pitcher and dripped slowly down the sides until small puddles began to form around the pitcher; the puddles created dark splotches in the rotting wood. Raising himself to his full height Shoon walked over to one of the seats and sat down at the table without a word to the other shinigami. The man’s eyes peered down as Kousaru poured out the tea into one of the cups that had been set on the table beforehand. A small glance towards the man brought Kousaru’s attention to his facial features; his face seemed as if he had never had a worry in his life. It was completely free of any feelings of inferiority, pain, fear, or even grief. Drinking the tea became difficult as Kousaru tried to keep his hatred from overwhelming him to the point of attacking the man; there was just something about this man’s demeanor that kept him in an enraged state. Soothingly, the tea flowed down his throat until finally the angry swelling that had been forming in Kousaru’s throat withered away leaving the boy with peace of mind.

As the cup emptied in Kousaru’s hands the man’s gaze never wandered or wavered from the boy as the tea was thirstily devoured; it was almost as if the man were looking to confirm something. It had been awhile since Kousaru had been in a hostage situation and he remembered very well what the outcome of the last attempt on his life had been, although he had suffered greatly. Gently resting the cup upon the table, the boy wiped his mouth of any excess tea with the back of his forearm. The bandages gave off a stale scent as they came within the vicinity of Kousaru’s nose, but he refused to allow his concentration to break simply because of a detail like that.

“So when do you plan on telling me who you are?” Kousaru broke the silence rudely as he leaned back into the chair. He held back a groan as the bruise on his lower back grated against the unforgiving chair; he had to maintain the air that he was in a good enough condition to fight should the man try anything funny. It seemed unlikely that a religious man would stoop to such levels, but Kousaru knew better than to trust shinigami to that extent. They had already surprised him numerous times when he had finally thought he understood them. That’s right. This man is no different from any of the other dawdling, self centered enforcers of justice. I have seen their justice and I wasn’t satisfied… Drifting off into his own thoughts Shoon was startled by the man’s sudden interjection,

“My name is Jin. Are you well? For a moment there you had a pained expression upon your face. I would say that you are still injured, but I know you would insist otherwise so I will hold my opinion” the man said as he reached out to pick up the tea cup. Instantly his pale, white hand was in snared in Kousaru’s palm; the contrast between the 3rd squader’s dark skin against Jin’s luminescent pigment was eye catching, something Kousaru hadn’t noticed before. Realizing that once again he was losing focus Shoon stared up at the man, his earrings dangling under the poor lighting of the cabin where the two men were locked in a tense moment.

“Jin…I have heard that name before…” Kousaru began as he released the man’s hand; he had already gotten an accurate guess of what the man’s heart rate had been throughout the entire exchange. Jin’s pulse had not quickened in the least bit which told Kousaru that this man was no ordinary shinigami, aside from the redness that circled his wrist were Kousaru had grabbed it there were no visible changes in the man’s demeanor. Buddhist or not this shinigami was a fighter, of course Kousaru knew that the moment he saw the way that man’s eyes passed over the zanpakutou he held as he was sharpening the blades edge; the eyes of a seasoned killer. After silently rubbing his wrist for a few moments, Jin locked eyes with Shoon once again and for a long instant the room was filled with an eerie silence once again. Quiet. He is the calculating type. The kind of man that would never willingly leave anything to chance, the kind of man that will use every resource he had to achieve victory…but that name. I have heard somewhere before, but where? The quarrel in Kousaru’s head racked his mind as the silence thickened the air around them and Kousaru was almost certain that he could see cool, orange flames dispersing silently from Jin’s body. Then again he could have been imagining it, perception was not one of his greatest skills.

“So…Jin it is then.” he searched as he broke eye contact with the man in an attempt to ease the man back into his complacent nature, but he knew there was very little chance of that.

“Isn’t it polite to return such a gesture by telling me your name?” came the response to Kousaru’s half hearted attempt at conversation.
Back to top Go down
Kousaru

Kousaru

Male

PostSubject: Re: [Solo] Verge of pain   [Solo] Verge of pain I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 1:50 pm

His nose twitched a little at the bold notion that he should reveal his identity to this stranger in light of common curtest, in fact to someone like Kousaru acknowledging a value like that was laughable. Again a blanket of silence fell over the room. It was a silence so thick that it seemed as if every corner of the creaky house came to life in order to fill the void of soundless. From the rhythmic dripping of the swelling ceiling to the slight groans of the rotting floors there was a certain apprehension that seemed to bring the house into a nervous livelihood. It didn’t matter to Shoon, he had never been one to abide by someone else’s way of living in the first place and the fact that this person believed he could force him into submission made him curious.

“I can tell by your tone of voice that you’re someone of authority” he insinuated with narrow eyes pointed in Jin’s direction. His hands rested lightly upon the table ever ready to move at a moment’s notice should the forced politeness quickly devolve into aggression.

“…before I would ever consider answering to someone such as yourself you would have to let me know what authority you are demanding my response” he explained coldly. It was apparent by now that Kousaru was trying to insight anger in the man, but to his dismay nothing seemed to be working. At this realization his fingers dug into the wood of the table out of frustration as he could feel his frustration mounting within himself, but on the outside he maintained his façade quite well.

Much to Kousaru’s surprise, Jin slowly drew the seat out from under the table so that he could sit as well; worn flakes of wood fluttered into the air in a testament to the ill keeping of the place. Is he toying with me now? I should just kill him instead of wasting my time like this. Kousaru inwardly thought, No, I should wait until I have a chance to draw out some actual information from him he finally decided as he shifted in his seat uncomfortably.

“Well?” he offered disdainfully to the conversation; Kousaru had no intention of being dominated by some religious politician that felt entitled to everything that he saw fit to judge. The man’s clear blue eyes studied Kousaru through the lenses of his glasses, they moved with a precision that reminded Kousaru of the different form classes he had once taken as an academy student just yesterday. What is he looking for? Finally after the long pause Jin returned,

“I am the 3rd seat of the 7th squad. Jin. It is very nice to meet you. I have provided you with the details of my person-hood. If you feel compelled you may return the favor…” the man explained while getting up once more.

“If you don’t, that’s fine as well” he threw out with an uninterested tone filling his voice.

As the last words left his the smooth lips of the 7th squad shinigami he snatched the tea cup with more speed than Kousaru could react to. By the time Shoon had noticed the tea cup had been taken, Jin was already walking towards the counter with both the pitcher and the tea cup in hand. When he was only few paces from the table Kousaru was sure that he saw a cocky grin on the man’s features as he glanced back at the boy for only a second and instantly Kousaru knew that he was being underestimated. Turning to the right briefly the boy examined the distance between himself and the zanpakutou that rested lazily upon the wall in the corner of the room. The shadows seemed to accept the object that was so closely related in color, so much so that it was hard to see which part was the wall of the house and which part was actually the sheathed zanpakutou. As reading his thoughts Jin commented:

“Don’t you believe it to be wise that those dealt a weaker hand should only up the ante when they gain enough cards to actually make a move?”

The words hung in the air momentarily before Kousaru’s eyes buried deep into the back of Jin’s cranium; he could already imagine himself driving the man’s skull into one of the cabinets in front of him. Red splashed in every corner of the room as the vivid imagery of his imagination began to foretell things to come if Kousaru took action now, he would see that dainty clean complexion soiled in blood while the man called up to him for mercy. There was no mercy to be given. Kousaru had decided a long time ago, when he had stumbled upon the remains of a butchered girl that he would leave no room for shinigami to think of him as merciful. The air swelled as his blood lust filled the room like a gas leak and he knew that Jin would be able to tell, but he didn’t care as his breathing began to become more audible. I’ll kill this one for sure. Whether or not he is on the list, he dies by my hand. Kousaru decided. Hearing the crash of the ceramic cup against the ground only served to rattle Kousaru’s nerves, but when he caught sight of Jin’s face he was a bit surprised. Despite the man’s calm attitude throughout their entire encounter he now stood there dripping lightly with sweat that was littered from the top of his forehead to the base of his neck. Even this noble feels fear, eh? Kousarurealized as he rose from his seat slowly. Before he could move another inch he felt something cold at his neck and he could feel the hot, bated breath of someone behind him,

“Don’t move another inch…” the voice warned shakily and Kousaru’s eyes widened slightly as he realized that it was Jin. How could he have moved so quickly behind me? Did I lose my concentration and focus elsewhere? he pondered.

“…I’m warning you. That blood lust that you just exuded…I don’t know what kind of monster you are, but I think I’ll have you just sit back down” Jin shakily instructed the incapacitated Kousaru. Kousaru could almost hear the shinigami’s pounding heart from where he was standing; the blade at his neck shook uncontrollably and the man’s grip on his right arm was damp with sweat. This was the same man whose unwavering manner had gotten Kousaru on the defensive for a better part of the day. It didn’t make any sense that a small taste of the turmoil that Kousaru felt on a daily basis was enough to force this seated officer to start pissing his pants. That wasn’t the only thing that bothered Kousaru as remained motionless in the unsure grip of his captor. When Jin had made his move Kousaru was not able to follow, Just like last time he thought; could it have been that Jin was really just that fast. It didn’t seem as if shunpo was being used, but then how could Kousaru account for the undeniable gap that existed between them. Even if Kousaru’s blood lust scared him witless, there was no way that Kousaru was going to defeat an opponent he couldn’t even follow with his eyes.

“Sit down…” Jin uttered slowly, he clung on to each syllable as if he were unsure that the words would not get their meaning across otherwise. Kousaru tilted his head to a small degree and saw the blood that dripped down Jin’s lip; the man had been chewing his lip for some time now.

“I SAID SIT DOWN!” came the unstable command followed by a more forceful push into the seat. Kousaru found himself staring into the tip of blade as the owner stood before him struggling to fix the glasses safely atop his nose. No, he’s not scared…he’s just never encountered someone with such an immense desire to kill... Kousaru realized as he continued to observe the shinigami before him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Solo] Verge of pain   [Solo] Verge of pain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Solo] Verge of pain
Page 1 of 1