The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stat system.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:35 am

Ok so this has been discussed lots. But hear me out. I propose something very similar to what we have except with a scaled system.

The ability scores range from 0 - 10 and the base is five. You you have five (base) in all your stats

I would go for

Zanjutsu

Kido - as so many people use it i think it should have a stat

Shunpo/speed

Hakudo

then it works like this

Increase to ability scores costs

5-6 1 point
6-7 1 point
7-8 2 points
8-9 2 points
9-10 4 points

decrease to ability scores gains
5-4 1 point
4-3 1 point
3-2 2 points
2-1 2 points
1-0 2 points or Special gain in other area like loss of kido Or shunpo in exchange for unusually high spiritual pressure - loss of both = zarakai :p

And there are two options after this. Either you give people like 5 points to spend and perhaps give a bonus point when achieve shikai and bankai or you give one stat up each rank up.

Further you can if so inclined use the stats to limit what people can do. Like you can only cast kido in the 90's with a kido score of 9 and a kido score of ten lets you cast forbidden kido and or be captain of the kido corps. Similarly you might need a kido and hakudo score totalling 15 to use that bad ass yoruichi soi fon thing.
Etc. The system of course needs some tweaks but I think it has a lot of promise and allows people to show speciality better. As even though it only goes up to ten it gets harder to get up to the high stat points and you have to sacrifice more lower level abilities to get to a mastery of a style
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male
Number of Posts : 718
Location : Thats a good question and I'll answer it once i learn German and figure out where I am
Job/Interests : Bartender/ Drink
Quote : Life is nothing more then a road to death. I however am the short-cut of that Road
Registration Date : 2010-05-10

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:40 am

If i read it right it looks like a smaller version of the previous stat system and looks over complicated. The one that's current in place is working great has a few kinks but they're getting worked out
Back to top Go down
Katrex

Katrex

Male

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:54 am

It's nothing like the old stat system. The old stat system you had to post and get mods to give you stats and such. The only real diference with this is that it's essentialy point buy instead of point spread. And the I gave some possible ways you could use it. It makes charecters more rounded and stats more meaningfull.

It's like D&D an 18 means you're at genius level (10 is base) but that 18 could be spent instead on having three stats at 14 14 15 Example you could have an 18 in strength or a 14 in strength 14 in Dexterity(agility basically) and a 15 in constitution (toughness.)

You sacrifice beeing good at multiple things to be exelent in one. In our system you have to be BAD in something to just be above average in something else, and bad in two things or take a MAJOR disadvantage to actually be really good at something. We're soul reapers we should be able to have strengths without it making us idots or incredibly weak.
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male
Location : Thats a good question and I'll answer it once i learn German and figure out where I am
Quote : Life is nothing more then a road to death. I however am the short-cut of that Road

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:00 am

The 60 stats don't determine your strength speed or intellect it just show where you focus your training and your kind of fighting style. If I had 30 speed and you had 20 and were both the same level we'd both be the same the same speed.
Back to top Go down
Katrex

Katrex

Male

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:03 am

Well in that case it seems mighty meaningless. Why have stats at all.
Back to top Go down
Ri O'Nocht

Ri O'Nocht

Male

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:10 am

to show your character focus (I hate repeating myself) the stats down show power thats what ranks are for . The current system is working fine no point messing with for something that seem overly complicated.

Sorry if it seem I'm shooting your suggestion down, it just my option is all.
Back to top Go down
Katrex

Katrex

Male

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 am

Surely if you focus in something you should be better at it than someone who doesn't as much. Otherwise it is meaningless. And it's fine, its an idea and if anyone sees something usefull in it that's all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 9:28 pm

Working on something right now...

I'm thinking about a stat award for ranks...

Each rank up gives you +5 stats to add to your focus...

I'm doing this because some one might change their focus down the line and this will show that...

I'm also tweaking the numerical stat meaning...

If you have 20 speed, and he had 30. He would be faster than you. IF he is of equal rank. If your of a different rank, let say a difference of 1... You're Rank 4 with 20 and he's rank 3 with 30, he'd be equal to you, I'll say a rank counts as about 10 points... If you are Rank 5 with 20, and he's still rank 3 with 30, you are now faster than him...

Work in progress... do not edit my thoughts...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

Stat system. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Stat system.   Stat system. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stat system.
Page 1 of 1