The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A New stat System....

Go down 
+5
Darkness
Kuro
Marlamin1
Saroki
Kaiyo
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Should we change the current Stat System?
No, I like the current stat system
A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap42%A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 42% [ 5 ]
Yes, the new way will bring more activity
A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
I don't mind
A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_vote_lcap33%A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 12

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

A New stat System.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Old System so far then right? Smile
This is all very confusing... :S
*tries to subtly not take the blame* <.< Razz
Back to top Go down
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male
Number of Posts : 422
Job/Interests : Sports Agent
Quote : Times are hard all over. It rains on the just and the unjust alike.
Registration Date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 9:15 pm

Sorry Kaiyo-chan...I don't think you can really save face here....
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male
Number of Posts : 1117
Job/Interests : Plant worker/writing
Quote : Ah ah ah, can't touch me
Registration Date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:41 pm

*glances around nervously*

Maybe I shouldn't have mentioned the other site's system...

Haven of the Soul wrote:
Introduction---
If you have ever done a forum role play before, you may have found there are largely two theories of thought in how this should be done. The first allows for full creativity and the trust is entirely put into the players hands. Unfortunately this leaves with some players out there who attempt to metagame [to outstep their character's bounds] or generally cause problems for the enjoyment of other players. The second type is the hardened stat systems that some have that meticulously list what you can do, but largely take away your freedom of creativity.

Personally we here at Haven of the Soul believe that neither of these are the ideal way for us a community to derive the most enjoyment while fostering our creativity. I'd like to introduce you to a compromise between these two systems in which we do have stats for our characters, but they are treated very differently.

Rules---
These are not comparable. One character may have a low stat and still remain far more powerful than someone with a much higher stat. This is not a representation of your power. This is a way for you to represent your characters talents and training focus. To show us what it is your character is best at personally, not to say your better than everyone else. Your ability is determined by your writing.

Now your character may not excel in any given area. This as many characters do, then simply means you have a balanced character. One that is largely adaptable to any situation, though may be outdone by someone who devotes all their time to training in that area. While you can get by in most situations, those who specialize in a way, play a game of rock, paper, scissors. Though it is not so simple.

Low stats should be reserved for special situations in which one is has a disability to perform in that area. Ten in each stat would give you average capabilities with thirty points to specialize your character. Every stat has an importance, choose wisely. If you are afraid of gimping your character then simply don't go below ten in a stat. These can be changed when given special permission to represent a drastic change in ones character's focus.

That's where all this madness began. I personally voted "don't mind". I'm fine with the current stat system or a new one, but as most of the crew is voting to keep the current, that's what we shall probably do.
Back to top Go down
Kajitora

Kajitora

Male
Number of Posts : 165
Job/Interests : Anime/Manga, Writing, Japanese language
Quote : "I think therefore I am."
Registration Date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 1:32 pm

That sounds pretty balanced. I also have an idea for the stat system which a little more complicated but along the same lines. I will post it when I get on later.
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 25, 2010 11:31 pm

Ok, over much thought I've come up with a possible solution...

Say we take a mixture of these ideas... All have good qualities (Even Kaito's old one) Though all don't quite work.

Here's mine and Takuya's two cents, spend them as you will...

I propose we take the four basic attributes as follows...

Spirit Power
Speed
Intelligence
Fighting Skill

These would be the attributes for all classes... Kido mastery (as well as cero blasts) would be skills that one can train in and limited at each level... [to be explained further]

Accuracy for a quincy is to be removed, fighting skill will suffice since fighting skill with swords does not only mean damage but in technique and ability to actually hit something...

All classes will be given 60 starting points... These points will never change... They are basically just to show your focus as kuro said. A 20 Fighting Skill just means that one prefers/trains more than a 10, though doesn't necessarily mean that one is better at it...

As you roleplay, eventually, assuming you know what you are doing, a staff member will notice your roleplaying ability getting better. If this happens he can bring the administration's attention to it and we can award "levels". The levels range from 0-11 as Kaito suggested...

Shinigami example:

11 - Captain Commander/Royal Guard Commander
10 - Specialty of Veteran Captain/Royal Guard Lt.
9 - Veteran Captain/Royal Guard Sgt.
8 - Experienced Captain/Royal Guard Corp.
7 - New Captain/Royal Guard Pvt.
6 - Vice-Captain/ Bankai
5 - Vice Captain
4 - 3rd seat
3 - 4th - 5th seat
2 - 6th seat or lower
1 - Unseated Shinigami
0 - Academy Student/New Soul

Other classes would have different titles to these ranks of course but the same level of power...

Now, Ceros and Kido will be reflected upon your rank... Say you have a 0 rank, a new academy student... You will have access to the first 10 kidos in any branch... But you must first write an application to show us you learning them. To gain even the first kido we will require an application with a word count equal to (Level of kido x 10) + 200...

This means Bakudo #1 Sai will require you to write a 210 word post entirely describing Bakudo #1, back story and what your character's mother is doing at the moment won't count in your app. You must have at least 5 of the first tier of kido before moving to 11-20...

With this route. A veteran captain (rank 9) can eventually use Black Coffin #90. Though in order to use the #99 Seals you must be of rank 10 (or at least once was) such as Tessai Tsukabishi who once was kido corps captain (Special veteran)...

Ranks 10 and 11 will be only reachable if the current seat holder for them steps down. For example, if Kaito wants to step down from seat 11, he will keep the ranks, though will no longer be captain commander IC... Some one else can take his place with a rank 11... Now don't even think that we will allow all of you to randomly swap seats and instantly become captain commander for a day and godmod an 11 off me.....................

{Edit}Bankai and Shikai, in order to take these(and all levels of them) You must write an application for them. Obviously you must be of certain rank in order to do this... For the most basic Shikai, you must be rank 3. For the next part, rank 4, the last part is rank 5. Bankai starts at rank 6, then finishes at rank 7. Though you must reach rank 8 before you are able to RP having "Mastered" your Bankai...{/Edit}

If there is anything I forgot to describe feel free to ask me, I am tired and may have quite possibly forgotten something... If you believe this is too complex, that is because I went into MUCH detail to explain everything...

In short, You get 60 points, they don't show how strong you are, you decide that, if you GODMOD you get booted in the face, everything is based on RP, you eventually gain rank through your quality of posting....... and that's all folks....

Last edited by Marlamin1 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:04 am

A New stat System.... - Page 2 633518898025661363-Approved---Good-job---You-didnt-fail---Motivational-Anime-Poster

alright i know someone would ask this but i like that system and well but if we got down to it how would a person say me...which would be a lvl 1 or 0 but how would my current stats cross over or like Kaito who was a lieutenant cross over with stats and level and stuff...and same for hollows cause quite a few have popped up...
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 12:37 am

I'm assuming you mean how does one who has already made characters transfer to our list of ranks?

Each of the characters will be worked on by the staff (probably Takuya and I after school) and swap them for you all. If some one is unhappy with what we give you as a rank then you can talk to us and the staff will take your concern into thought. Now, I'll confess I haven't been following your threads very closely but I'm assuming you are still in the academy or have taken the path of a dropout/self taught rogue shinigami...

If so you are a rank 0, if you have made it into a squad or have reached some amount of power that we deem ready (30 stat points...) you will be rank one. I myself am rank 1, if you currently have 40 = rank 2, 50 - rank 3, shikai-rank 5... don't know if that's the rule of thumb we use but that's my half awake, just thrown together idea...

{Edit}As for the 60 stat points you are now distributed, The boards are wiped (save for your new rank) and you may put them where ever you wish. Place them as you believe your character has trainined thus far. What does he like training in, what is he GOOD at training in. Not what is he better than others at. That isn't reflected in your stats, RP Quality is... If this passes then I'll personally take a day to edit the characters (as well as the templates), archive the old sheets, and remodel the RP areas...{/Edit}

Last edited by Marlamin1 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2010 10:15 am

Alright! The polls are now closed. The old stat system beat Kaiyo's idea. Now before we get the ball rolling again I'd like you all to read my and Takuya's idea...
Back to top Go down
Saroki

Saroki

Female
Number of Posts : 647
Registration Date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 1:25 am

Awesome. The old stat system still reigns supremacy under the bleach world forums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A New stat System....   A New stat System.... - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A New stat System....
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2