The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The basic spear (Training)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

The basic spear (Training) Empty
PostSubject: The basic spear (Training)   The basic spear (Training) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:59 am

Dray walked over to the sparring fields on the academy, he had scheduled a training session with the weapon master so he could show him how to use a spear properly in combat, seeing as he had never been formally trained in the way of the spear. He arrived at the sparring grounds a few minutes early, glancing around he saw a few people practicing against the dummies a little ways away and a few people sparring, the dust being kicked up as they quickly struck at each other and switched stances and styles.

Draylon jumped as a person behind him said, “Yer, Karosu right?” Turning around he took a look at the man before him, pretty young, looked to be about 20 or so, short black hair no facial hair, and he had a large grin across his face, apparently extremely amused at Dray jumping like he had. He quickly responded saying, “Yes I am Draylon Karosu.”

The man paused and gave Dray a look over, and said, “So how much do you know about spear fighting?” “Almost nothing.” Dray replied. The man grunted and said, “Take out yer weapon and just do as I do and I’ll explain as we go.”

Draylon drew his weapon from across his back and took a ready stance, as the other man drew his sword which changed into a physical copy of Draylon’s weapon. The man took a good look at the weapon in his hands and took a few swings, then checking to make sure Dray was watching he took a quick step forward and thrusted at head height, then after making sure Dray had followed he repeated the movement except this time making rapid thrusting movements, thrusting mainly with the back hand and letting his front hand shift along the shaft for balance and aim, Draylon tried to mimic the movement but failed at it pretty badly, his thrusts were at about a fourth of the speed of the other man’s. Dray grimaced at his own abilities but the other man just said, “Don’t let it worry you, speed comes in time just focus on form for now and you’ll get it eventually.”

They spent the next hour or so going over the proper way to thrust with a spear and the proper levels to aim at, head, core and feet. Then they started on sweeps with the blade and finding the proper range for the sweeps, the sweeps themselves were somewhat difficult but the main problem Dray kept running into was the spacing between him and the target. The swing itself was a little difficult until the man showed him the proper positioning of the hands and the motion of the swing other than that he was fine.

Then the man showed him the basic blocks of a spear, the overhand and side blocks, and after making sure he had those down taught him one or two forms and after a few hours dray had the basic forms and stances committed to memory so he could practice on his own later.

The man said to Dray, “Well I’ve got to head out I have a class on advanced swordsmanship to teach, keep practicing those forms and stances and maybe next time I will actually teach you some advanced moves, like parrying, deflecting and disarming opponents, anyways see you later.” Dray said goodbye and continued to practice for a few more hours until he was exhausted and it was the middle of the night. He then dragged himself back to his room and flopped onto the bed and quickly fell asleep.

Training: Fighting
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The basic spear (Training)   The basic spear (Training) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 am

It started off great, but seems like you skimped on the details after the intro. I think the clock had a part to play in that. Still the overall work fell flat . You reduced your training to 'Blah,blah, blah'.

[0 points]
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: The basic spear (Training)   The basic spear (Training) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 2:07 am

part of the not much detail was i couldn't really find any information about spear techniques and the other part was the clock :p

I accept your judgement and honestly agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The basic spear (Training)   The basic spear (Training) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The basic spear (Training)
Page 1 of 1