The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Basic sword training (Solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

Basic sword training (Solo) Empty
PostSubject: Basic sword training (Solo)   Basic sword training (Solo) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 5:23 pm

Draylon knew that his sword style was greatly lacking so he had decided to attend a basic one-handed swordsmanship class. As he arrived he noticed that there were only about 30 people attending the class today. At least I won’t have too much trouble asking the teacher for help, in this size of class, if I need it of course. Looking around a bit more he notice the amount of variety in the zanpakuto’s. I suppose if you have the standard katana zanpakuto you would just use the 2handed style, now I understand why the class is so small, the teacher is going to have to individualize his teaching a bit.

With that Dray took his place and waited for class to begin. The teacher called the class to their places a minute or two later and said, “I’m only going to teach you all the basics strikes today, and that is ALL you are to learn today, do you all understand me?” “Yes!” the class chorused. “Alright then, take your stance like this.” The instructor took a standard diagonal fighting stance drawing his blade in the process with his back hand. “Keep your blade at a diagonal, parallel to your body, now everybody take this stance.” The instructor looks around, “Good, you all seem to be doing it properly. Now… I’m going to show you 9 basic one handed strikes and 2 basic forms of each. First form is to remain in the stance as you are… the other one is to step forward with your back leg, and strike, then shift your leg back into position. You’ll get more power with this method, but you’ll also be more vulnerable while you strike.” The Instructor shows the second form by quickly stepping forward and striking then shifting back into position.

The instructor turns to the class, “Now the basic strikes are 1. Straight down 2. Straight up 3. Horizontal to the left 4. Horizontal to the right 5. Diagonally up from right to left 6. Diagonally up from left to right 7. Diagonally down from right to left 8. Diagonally down from left to right, and finally 9. Thrust.” As he described each attack he did the attack with his blade. “Everyone got that? Now do it with me, 1….2….3….4….5….6….7….8 aaand 9.” The Instructor looked around said, “Good seems like everyone has the basic strikes down. Now when you strike let the movement flow through your body, use your shoulders and waist for the strikes as well, not just your arms. Now do it again, 1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8 and 9. Good! Most of you got it.”

This doesn’t seem that difficult, although I can see how it could be taxing on the body to do it repeatedly. Draylon took a more swings, testing out the strikes. It seems really simple but I can see how many complex techniques could be build off this, Kido, even melee strikes can be thrown in, I never really expected the style to be this flexible in its usage. Dray went through the strikes once more slowly, trying to figure out what techniques he could use with his free hand and how the movement would flow.

“Alright Class now let’s incorporate the step in and step out into the strikes. Alright everyone let’s do this. 1…2…3…4…5…6…7…8 and 9. Wow looks like you guys are pretty good, I don’t see any major problems with any of your strikes.” After that the Instructor led the class through the basic blows for each stance 10 times. “Ok, now practice the strikes on your own, and remember that I will be watching.”

Dray experimented with strike combinations, and thinking about how he could use kido with his spare hand, after practicing for about 15 minutes he noticed that all the strikes would also be compatible while wielding the sword 2 handed. Taking the blade in both hands he went through all the strikes. Wow, this style is really flexible, and it seems like it has a defensive base, it really suits me. Dray went back to experimenting, trying movements and seeing how he could flow his body and still use the strikes. “Alright everyone class is over, you all did well. See you later.” What? Class is over? Has it really been 3 hours? I guess I got caught up in it. I guess I should go rest, I don’t feel it yet but my body is probably really tired. Dray look took one more look around and went back to the dorms to rest.
Back to top Go down

Basic sword training (Solo)
Page 1 of 1