The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Sharpest Edge[Open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Flux

Flux

Male
Number of Posts : 79
Quote : Stick a needle in your eye!
Registration Date : 2011-09-13

The Sharpest Edge[Open] Empty
PostSubject: The Sharpest Edge[Open]   The Sharpest Edge[Open] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 14, 2011 4:40 pm

Walking in was like returning home. This was the one place that Hyuei felt the most comfortable. After all the tireless hours of training, only to probably lessen his ability, Hyuei finally had a moment to escape. It was such a long, demanding, and costly experience being an Academy Student was. Well, for Hyuei it was. Many excelled and others were just talented...Hyuei was always an anchor. It was almost depressing to fail time and time again, never being able to do anything but hold everyone else back. It hurt to see their faces as they saw him walk in day in and day out at the training grounds.

"Oh. It's Hyuei again-"
"The clutz."
"He's going to mess everything up again..."
"Why is he even here?"
"He's so dumb. I wish he would just give up."
"I swear, he can't swing a sword or cast a spell. He's just useless."

Just recalling the harsh criticism of his peers was enough to make him want to just bang his head against a wall. It wasn't like he wasn't trying or that he didn't care. Hyuei just couldn't do it. He couldn't do what the others could. Why was he here then? How had he gotten this far? He really didn't know. He never understood why he wasn't let go like the many others that couldn't keep up with the standards. When compared to the various other Academy Students, Hyuei may as well be some stray off the street. He just felt so miserable having so little ability and talent.

But, all that could be washed away. Walking into the Library caused his spirit to rise and the darkness of his pain to brighten up. The first thing that hit him, even before the full sight of the opened doors, was the smell. Whether it was the smell of the books or the furniture or something else entirely, it had a unique smell that washed over Hyuei. It made him smile. It was the most comfortable smell that he had ever experienced and knew no comparison to it. If asked, it wasn't even something he could describe other than "Warmth". The sights came next. The familiar faces of the staff and the usual as well as the few that stood out. However, Hyuei wasn't here to people watch. The many others in here didn't keep his attention for very long. They were given a quick glance before Hyuei's eyes settled on the best thing in the world. Something he treasured even more than his Zanpakuto.

Books. The oceans of thoughts, memories, ideas, and, his favorite, stories that stacked high and low throughout the library were met by loving eyes. They were the reason that he could continue to keep his head held high and to endure the criticism, the harsh looks and the pain. These books were what made his day, his week, and his month. Even if he could hardly spare the time to sleep, he made sure to visit this library at least once every two days. Just to sit down a moment, breathe and live. It was through these many, old books that Hyuei really could exist.

Hyuei wandered down a few aisles. He was easy to pick out. Hyuei: The man with the messy dark hair and the sloppy uniform, the man with an innocent grin on his face and that would commonly be seen with a stack of books in hand, the man that paid more focus on his readings than his studies. That man was Hyuei. True to his reputation, he managed to have a stack of 5 books and none were small. He would just read for a few hours. A few hours were enough of a break, wasn't it? None of the books were your typical fiction either. They were stories of fantasy, legends, magic and epic tales. They were the sorts that were written for the pure enjoyment of the art, not to really give anything to the reader other than a smile. When compared to his school texts they were favored. Tomorrow, when he went back to training, it would be very clear that Hyuei didn't go over his notes or his forms. Instead, he would be with the Dragonslayer and the Heroic King and the Benevolent Witch for the remainder of his free time.

Finding an open seat, Hyuei went to set the books down. Too bad things didn't work out so easily. The chair to his right tripped him, causing him to stumble forward enough to be caught in his hakuma which then turned into the falling Hyuei with his heavy mountain of books. The floor was about to meet a friend soon. A friend it knew well in fact!
Back to top Go down
http://naruto-forums.com
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Sharpest Edge[Open]   The Sharpest Edge[Open] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Thankful for her slight stature, the Captain flash stepped towards the student, catching him just inches before he hit the ground as she gently placed him back on his feet. Smiling politely at the mountain of papers that had scattered around the library from her shunpo the Captain shrugged it off. It was all for the greater good, and people could get over having to pick up a piece of paper. The Captain's haori fluttered dramatically as she withdrew her hands from around Hyuei. 'Heh, I think you had too many books' she giggled slightly, turning around to try and help the student pick them all up. Contrary to her figure, the girl was actually deceptively strong; highlighted as she began stacking the large books in her left hand.

The girl flung them onto the nearby table as she realised she'd forgotten herself. Ignorant to the whispers and stares that had followed the Captain, Kaiyo turned back around to face Hyuei. Finally getting a good look at the guy. Indeed, he seemed like the type to spent a lot of time in the library, not that Kaiyo would ever regard such a characteristic as a bad thing. In fact the Captain herself had only ended up her on a nostalgic trip, one of her great napping places. Having taking just a moment too long of silently smiling at the guy, Kaiyo stepped forwards. Holding out her hand firmly as she introduced herself, 'I'm Kaiyo Saiyouko, Captain of the best squad!'. The pride in her voice never seemed to dwindle at her title.
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Sharpest Edge[Open]   The Sharpest Edge[Open] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2011 12:35 am

"Omph" He unintentionally grunted as he was caught. Almost like he had anticipated hitting the ground, only to fail. Eyes fluttering open, he realized that he was quickly pulled back on his feet and wasn't in pain everywhere. He even felt himself as if he had missed an injury. It made a lot of sense to him at the time.

Turning around, he saw that uniform and that...Haori. "C-C-Captain!" He stuttered loudly as if he had just been caught doing something terrible. "I-I-I mean, well! I, s-should! Yo-You're right. Many too-I mean too many!" He said, speaking frantically as his words were going faster than the air was coming. "I-I Just wanted to, um, get away so-I know I should be making better use of my time and, well, uh, I-" He said, interrupted by a long inhale of air and reaching for the stack of books, only to slip slightly and cause Kaiyo's effort in stacking them wasted as they and Hyuei fell. If he were as graceful as a hunk of metal the floor was his magnet.

Landing on his backside, with books all around, he shoot back up as Kaiyo gave her introductions. Embarrassing. Embarrassing. Embarrassing! He yelled at himself as he shot up and went to bow. Shouldn't he have done that in the first place? Where was his courtesy? She was going to think he was an idiot and didn't have manners.

"Sorry and thanks!" He said, shooting back up, "Hyuei is my name, Captain Saiyouko!" Terrible that this was the first time he'd heard her name. He was so terrible with names and faces that he hadn't read about. He had been verbally told each and every vice-captain's name and a short history, but all that was lost. Long lost. If it wouldn't have been for that Haori he probably would have mistaken her for some ordinary Shinigami. Not that...That would have made him any less "calm".
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: The Sharpest Edge[Open]   The Sharpest Edge[Open] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2011 1:22 pm

Kaiyo looked blankly at the guy as he knocked over her lovely stack of books and dropped back down to the floor. Her mouth dropped ajar to speak as the man scrambled back up into a bow. Her stoic expression splintered as the short girl began to giggle slightly. Not to be rude, but it was rather amusing. Sometimes it was quite nice to meet people who reacted as such though, not that Kaiyo was big into strict rules and displays of respect and stuff, she just liked being reminded she was important every now and then.

'Heh, you alright Hyui?' she grinned, already adopting the man his new name. It just sounded right. Kaiyo leant down once more and quickly pilled up the books back on the table, stepping a little closer to the student so that she could act as a blockade between the books and the seemingly accident prone man in front of her. A more sincere settled into a serene expression, as Kaiyo dropped her head to one side, looking directly at the man as she leant back against the table. 'You fall over a lot?' she added, her voice clearly asking something beyond her words. For the man who seemed so uncertain of himself.
Back to top Go down
Flux

Flux

Male

PostSubject: Re: The Sharpest Edge[Open]   The Sharpest Edge[Open] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 5:15 pm

"Well, I'm not good at much..." Hyuei said, hanging his head in disappointment. He looked back up, slowly, "Of the few things that I can do it is read. But, I'm horrible when it comes to study. Though, at least I'm not completely dull. I do have one sharp edge!" He said, smirking slightly as a rare spurt of confidence came to his mind.

"I have my imagination. It's really no good in a fight and doesn't help with my balance...But, it helps me keep going. I just-" He started, sighing as his eyes fell short and he was stuck with a frown on his face. He thinking about all of it made him want to just vanish for a little while. To no worry about all the problems and all the fails that he had. All of it was so heavy. Remembering that weight over his head just made it feel even more heavier.

Eyes opening back up he looked at the captain then around the room again. "Library again?" He asked, though there was noticeable bass to his voice. It wasn't so meek and almost subservient anymore. It was a little agitated and stronger. Looking at the Captain he rolled his eyes, "'Captain of the Best Squad'" He repeated, mockingly. "What's an idiot like you doing in the library, Captain? Did you get lost? I hear your squad do that often." Full of confidence, slightly arrogant, and completely cocky the words were born from something far different than what the Captain had just seen only a few seconds ago.

Looking at the mess of papers, the staff scrambling to clean up, and the few books that had been thrown off the racks caused the young Academy Student to laugh, "I guess only the 'best squad' would do something like this, huh? Everyone else just has too much sense, eh Captain?" He added, sitting down in a chair. He was slumped over, arm over the chair and back low in it as he gave Kaiyo what could easily be interrupted as a man's "judgement". "Scrawny for a Captain. Not all that hot either. A chuckle came from the young man, "Best squad" He repeated again, getting a kick out of that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sharpest Edge[Open]   The Sharpest Edge[Open] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Sharpest Edge[Open]
Page 1 of 1