The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

Male
Number of Posts : 56
Registration Date : 2011-08-20

Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] Empty
PostSubject: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Name: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji

Height: 6'1''

Weight: 177lbs

Personality: He's a good natured guy that that doesn't question much. He likes to figure things out for himself and is completely kind and generous. He isn't the sort that would hold out on stranger and would sacrifice for a comrade. He's hopeful, light hearted, and tries to avoid a fight as much as possible. He can't lie though, he does enjoy combat. He prefers a friendly sparring match, without weapons, than a full on fight where lives are on the line. It is considerably difficult for him to fight another human seriously and impossible for him to ever take a life, even if the enemy is after his own life. He is a supporter. He's one that would rather fight at the back lines to protect, rather than the front to destroy. He's always aware of those around him and has great respect for his Captain and Vice-Captain and one day wishes to fill their shoes. He has high hopes and expectations of others and has grand dreams and aspirations for himself. He wants to one day be the Captain of the 9th Division Squad so that he may protect others and bless Soul Society with peace, serenity, and tranquility.

Appearance: White hair, red eyes, tall guy with a muscular build.
Spoiler:

Sealed Zanpakutō: A ordinary sized katana with an all black hilt and a guard in the shape of a pentagram. The guard and hilt are completely black.

Spirit Power:

This is you're stamina reserve, durability and also the amount of power you can unleash with your abilities.
Daigo possesses an above average amount of Spiritual Power, though his talent is in his circulation and use of it. Daigo's highest skill is in his nature to circulate his Spiritual Energy to perform difficult tasks using the most minimal of effort as well as concentrating power. Though his Spiritual Power is above average, he doesn't have the talent to release high reastu bursts or enormous spiritual natured attacks. He can cement his power in such a way that he can accommodate his power to match powers higher or more ferocious than his own. Because it's mostly "cementing" of his Spiritual Power, he is mostly a defensive fighter. He uses his Spiritual Power to match, align, handle and accommodate the powers of those that he is pitted up against; vs trying to over power or dominate the power, he focuses on staying level with a power by stretching out and focusing his own talent.

Speed:

Below Average (individual) Speed

Technique:

Doesn't Rely on Kido, though he can cast the basic spells.

Fighting Skill:

Due to the nature of his ability, he is heavily reliant on his Zanpakuto. He fights with great power and great speed, though he himself is, for the most part, stationary. Because his spirit power is great, he is a fighter that relies on energy-projected-offense, yet doesn't manipulate or toy with Kido. Using his spirit power he can fight with tremendous strength, produce fantastic defense, and present speed far above his class and rank. However, this is his spirit's power and not his own. He is somewhat a slacker when it comes to physical and body training and focuses heavily on training of the mind, spirit and supernatural form. However, his technique isn't so restricting that his flaws overcome his weaknesses. In fact, because he put so much focus on his Spiritual Power, his Fighting Skill is very, very high with, and only with, his Zanpakuto.

History/Background:
Kishima-Hotooji, Daigo is a man of high standing and class. He was born within Soul Society to a clan of Spiritual Medians known as the Kishima-Hotooji. They are a group of highly spiritual people that dedicate their life to understanding the spiritual world and the arts of discerning the celestial. They are individuals that believe there is a God of gods that watches over them and will one day bring about a great "miracle" in which all worlds will overrun with good karma. They are extremely spiritual, practicing long meditation and pilgrimages as well as the understanding and mastery of energy of the body and energy of the spirit. Kishima-Hotooji have a very long history, which dates back 1000s of years, and they have, for the most part, kept strong with all their beliefs. They praise this "God of gods" as the governing maker of charity and good karma, and they have always provided a guiding road for humans that come from the "other world". They've seen to it as a civil right to help and assist those lost and have always provided everything they could for those of "other worlds". The Kishima-Hotooji have always had considerable wealthy, prosperity and even some influence, with many participating in Central 46 for the entirety of their lives. They one of many verterbre that make up the backbone of Soul Society and Seireitei.

Daigo was born in this prestigious, ancient clan and was raised with their standards and in their image. Those that are born within the Kishima-Hotooji aren't exactly born with a hard life. In fact, Daigo was given all the necessities that he needed and could ever want. He was trained in the Kishima-Hotooji's arts and, as just about all of the Kishima-Hotooji possess, showed talent with Spiritual Energy. There were many roads that he could have followed, but Daigo had always greatly admired the Gotei 13. It was a powerful group that supported and protected life and they were everything that defined honor and respect. He was encouraged to seek out his dreams ever since he expressed them. His family didn't consist of his father, mother and brothers. Daigo lived in a large building with many elders and many children. It was almost like an orphanage, though each of those elders looked after him like his own and Daigo saw every member of the clan as his family. It was warm home that made him a great deal happier than many others that lived in Soul Society.

When Daigo was 12 he was taken under Kishima-Hotooji, Tosuka whom was a low ranked member of the Gotei 13's 9th Division. Daigo and Tosuka spent long days and nights in meditation and prayer by use of Prayer Beads. Daigo used the prayer beads so much that each time he closed his eyes he saw them and each time he wasn't meditating he saw them. They had been burned into his eyes. The two did a great deal of indepth spiritual training to teach Daigo how to use and control his spiritual energy. It would be with his Spirit that he would draw a Zanpakuto and that he would be tested upon Kido and the ways of the Human and Shinigami Soul. It was long, redundant, and mentally demanding, however, after 15 years, Daigo was deemed ready by Tosuka.

Daigo enlisted to become a Shinigami right then and there and has been training in the Academy for 10 years. Instead of using his Zanpakuto, which he is for the most part weary of using because of the state and nature of the object, he wields an ordinary Katana. Afterall, who would want to fight with marbles that can't even be thrown?

Rp sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Kaleidoscope on Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 2:50 pm

Now, I have a question!
Do I like, add in my Shikai or do I have to wait to put that up? If I have to wait, I will have my character fight and act without one. Because I swear I read something about "Rank 2" or something? If I don't have to wait, then do I just post the Shikai template in this topic or does it need it's own topic?
Back to top Go down
Bishamon Saitou

Bishamon Saitou

Male
Number of Posts : 482
Job/Interests : stuff, and other stuff...
Quote : Ah swords...natures knives.
Registration Date : 2011-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 4:02 pm

Alright everything seems to be in order here. Have fun being the slowest on the site. Twisted Evil

Approved
Current Rank: 0
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 am

I have some issues with this app.

Firstly, your sealed Zanpakuto. Its a sword. It always is a sword. That's non-negotiable.

Secondly, you seem to misunderstand the basis of our Stat system. If you have 0 speed, it means you are about par with a regular human. This also directly relates to how you handle yourself in combat, how quickly you swing a sword, defend, evade ect

The same applies with Technique. If you have 0 Technique, you have more chance of exploding your face when using a spell than actually harming an opponent.

It matters little that you have gone into some detail about how efficient your char is despite the statistical drawbacks you have placed upon yourself.
Back to top Go down
Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm

From what I do understand, the speed is a physical parameter, no? As in how fast my character can physically move from point A to point B. If that is what speed is then yes, I purposely meant for it to be completely zero. Because, how I had intended him to be, he would fight stationary in the first place.

Then, technique. My character doesn't use Kido nor would I like for him to be able to use any Kido.

As stated in the bio, he trains his spirit over everything else. That includes magical spells and physical constitution.

Aaaaand, I fixed the sword.
Back to top Go down
Kaleidoscope

Kaleidoscope

Male

PostSubject: Re: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Taking forever.
How about I use a different character anyway? I had an idea for one and it would be a lot less explaining.

Not that this character is all that complicated, really...
So, because this one was "un-accepted", I can just scrap it, right?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]   Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Daigo Kishima-Hotooji[Shinigami]
Page 1 of 1