The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Definitions of Stats

Go down 
+3
DarkMaster
Artemis
Zyklus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Zyklus

Male
Number of Posts : 36
Registration Date : 2011-05-31

Definitions of Stats Empty
PostSubject: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 4:26 pm

Pleasant greetings to all whom are reading this. If you are perusing my little guide here, then I suppose you’re probably wondering to yourself “Gee willickers, I really love this site’s stat system, but I wish I understood more about them.” If that’s the case, then you have come to the right place. I am here to define for you EXACTLY what the stats are to dictate. Yes, I do realize that is slightly oxymoronic, seeing as the stats in themselves are guidelines for the site and combat, but what the heck. I’m going to oxymoron all I want. I’m the biggest Oxymoron. (insert as many jokes as you would like here.) Anyway, without further ado, let me introduce you to our stat system.

Spirit Power: The catch-all of the stats, this stat actually has three substats which determine it’s definition. The stat is the basis of many characters determination of “strength”. It is manifested in character as an aura-like force which exhibits pressure called Reiatsu. One’s reiatsu can be used in many ways, such as defense (basic Bleach Universe rules (see “Hierro”)) and attack. Not only focused on reiatsu, however; this stat is also used to define one’s Reiryoka Limit (how much spiritual energy one has within their body) and when they should be drained of power and stamina. When you put both definitions together, this stat defines a character’s Stamina, Power and Endurance, which is how long they can fight, how powerful their spiritual(ly enhanced) attacks hit, and how much damage they take from being attacked.

-Stamina: This substat is very important. It defines how long a character can continue fighting for, even after taking damage. It also displays how much energy they have wasted or used so far, and could also be considered the level of Fatigue one would display. The higher one’s Spirit Power stat is (and sub sequentially their stamina), the longer they can fight.

-Power: Essential in delivering damage, the Power substat of Spirit Power is what gives a punch (or cero) it’s “Umph!”. Not expressly difficult to understand, the power is exactly as it sounds. It’s your power. This is what allowed for Kenpachi to slice through a building with ease, and what allows for a menos grande to deliver a cero at maximum power straight through (not into, but through) most cities. The higher your Spirit Power is, the worse your bite, rather then bark.

-Endurance: Remember when Kenpachi told Ichigo to slice him in the chest, and nothing happened? That’s because his Spirit Power (and as such, Endurance) was incredibly high compared to Ichigo’s. This allowed for him to survive such a straight-forward attack. Endurance, also known as Defense, is the amount of damage one can take before they feel it. The higher your Spirit Power stat is, the punches to the kidney you can take before your pissin’ blood.

Speed: This is the most basic stat that a character can possess. Nevertheless, it can mean life or death at a breath’s notice. The definition of speed is exactly as it sounds. How fast can your character run? How fast can they cast kido? How fast can they swing their weapon? All of this is determined by the speed stat. If your speed stat is higher then your opponents, then you can move faster. It’s as simple as that.

Intelligence: Much speculation has been run over the exact purpose, let alone definition, of this stat. It’s annotation would mean how smart your character is. That definition in itself is a start as to what intelligence does. However, it isn’t only that. It also concludes the level at which you grasp and understand the situation you are in, as well as how well you remember certain events. The higher your intelligence stat can dictate how well you are in Kido, as well.

-Magic Proficiency: By combining your intelligence with your spirit power, you can figure out just how well you can perform kido, use various abilities such as zanpakuto or cero, and even perform certain spells (if a superhuman and bount). Because the list is so varied, simply naming it Magic Proficiency helps all to understand it. By simply forcing raw power into a spell, you risk the spell overloading and exploding in your face (both metaphorically and literally), or simply just failing. By knowing the incantation and how much energy to put into the spell, but not having the required energy, the spell will fail. Because Kido Proficiency is a combination of intelligence and spirit power, why isn’t Magic Proficiency a substat of Spirit Power? Because the intelligence level is much more important then the energy. After all, complicated weavings of the spiritual energy is required in order to use your abilities. Think of Intelligence as a technique’s Train and Track. Spirit Power is simply the coal.

-Perception: If one has a high Intelligence stat, they would find it easier to truly take in their surroundings and current situation in order to develop a strategy which would assist them in dealing with their current predicament. The higher the Intelligence stat is, the better they can perceive their fight and deal with all forms of combat and intrusion, etc.

Fighting Skill: Simply having a sword does not make you a swordsman. Simply forming a bow does not make you an archer. Simply making a fist does not make you a fighter. In order to dominate your opponent, you must have a rather respectable level of fighting skill (hopefully enough to even lord it over them). The higher your fighting skill is, the better you are able to fight. You are able to perform more complicated fighting styles and use your body to it’s full potential with a higher Fighting Skill. Also, simply knowing how to fight doesn’t mean you can. Your fighting skill will allow for you to know how to apply it coupled with how to maximize efficiency with your body. This also helps to reduce the stress your body takes when fighting. A higher Fighting Skill rank means you ARE a better fighter.

-Zanjutsu: This substat determines how well someone uses their sword*. The speed at which it is drawn may be determined by Speed, but the skill and proficiency in which it is used (as well as the mastery in the particular type(s) of style you personally use is determined by this substat. Not much else is needed for a definition of this. The higher your Fighting Skill stat, the easier you wield your sword. Coupling this with speed could mean a fast death for your opponent.

-Accuracy: Mainly used by quincy, the Accuracy substat in fighting skill can easily determine the (you guessed it) Accuracy of a shot by the quincy. It can also determine the accuracy of an offensive kido spell, or other projectile-based attack. The higher your Fighting Skill stat is, the less of a chance you’ll miss.

-Hakado: Also known as Hand-to-Hand, Hakado is the substat which determines how well you fight without a weapon. Whether you’re a martial artist or street fighter, your Fighting Skill stat determines your level of proficiency and skill in your determined style of fighting. The higher this stat is, the better you can fight.

* Please note that this could actually contribute towards any melee weapon, it is simply easiest to say sword.

All charts and whatnot for Kido (etc) can be found in their respective places. This is simply a definition for the stats, and not any of the mechanics they are used for.

So This is what I think the stats can be defined as. I know a lot of people question their actual definitions, and various answers can be found. I hope the staff finds this agreeable and uses it (and can feel free to change how they see fit).

Last edited by Anima on Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:03 pm

I like this...though you might want to add perception under Intel
Back to top Go down
Zyklus

Male
Number of Posts : 36
Registration Date : 2011-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:34 pm

Done.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 11:38 pm

This is a good perception of the stats, I see this as good source for reference.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 12:32 am

Adding it to the Admin thread/board
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:22 am

some one remind me to read this later... in fact, pm it to me...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 8:52 pm

Regarding the Intelligence stat, you say it basically determines how smart you are. I personally think of that as how quickly you pick up on things/ how fast you can learn.

For example a person with a 5 intelligence, won't be Stupid, they just take longer to learn and master, techniques.

But on the other side a person with 40 intelligence, can be completely ignorant of a lot of things if they don't have any experience.

I think of the learning speed as a fusion between the Intelligence stat and life experiences.

Just posting my thoughts on the definition.
Back to top Go down
Saroki

Saroki

Female
Number of Posts : 647
Registration Date : 2009-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:04 pm

I think intelligence should be left up to the personality of the character. We should change intelligence to something a little more fitting.

As it stands intelligence offers more than any other stat in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 1:09 pm

I think that having the intelligence stat is vital to have for Role-play limitation purposes, otherwise anyone could proclaim to be a genius and RP as such, This places a needed restriction on that. Or i would think it is supposed to. And i Do have to question your comment about how you think that Int is the most overpowered stat, when it is also YOUR lowest stat, by quite a bit too.

I also Don't think the accuracy of offencive kido, and Energy based attacks should be governed by fighting, basically that means if you don't have any fighting points, you can't do anything to your opponent, because they would just dodge it or you would miss because your fighting is lower. I think it places a little too much emphasis on the fighting stat. For quincy it sort of makes sense, because thats how they fight normally but for the other techniques i would have to disagree.

For example my character, 7 fighting, cant use melee that well, cant used unarmed super well, and with that definition, can't aim his kido very well..., what CAN i do to an opponent?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Definitions of Stats   Definitions of Stats I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Definitions of Stats
Page 1 of 1