The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Stats points comparison

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

Stats points comparison Empty
PostSubject: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:09 am

What happens if one person has say 40 fighting skill 10 speed and the other has 10 fighting skill 40 speed.
Do we treat the charecter like kenpachi, he might not be able to shunpo but his instincts are so good he can keep up with the attacks? or is the speed guy so fast he cant fight him.
Also it seems like this system makes intelligence a weak stat.

Peoples characters will do whatever THEY can come up with regardless of the characters intelligence score. So how does that work. And spirit power, how does that measure up to fighting skill and speed and such?
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:12 am

i believe intelligence allows characters to say things like, "after observing you for such and such period of time, i've analyzed how you move before every attack. your *insert attack here* won't work on me now." i think. some admin or whatever correct me if i'm wrong
Back to top Go down
Endarkened

Endarkened

Male
Number of Posts : 121
Job/Interests : Bashing fundies.
Quote : I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Registration Date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:52 am

Just imagine...

"I, after carefull studying of your vastly superior skill, power, and talent, have come to the conclusion that you cannot fight me if you are dead. Now, none of your attacks will work on me."
Back to top Go down
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:04 am

Lol
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:56 pm

It was also depend what rank they are- for example, if the person with say 40 fighting skill and 10 speed was rank 2, and the other person with 10 fighting skill and 40 speed was rank 5, then those stats would only end up meaning, less or...xD I'm sooooo knackered, just read the post Marly said on the announcement.

If they're the same rank--> The *40 fighting skill* person would be able to counter quick blade strikes in close combat, but if their opponent were to say, move behind them very fast then attack, it's unlikely they would be able to block in time.

And you need rank 2 i think to use shunpo, so they would be able to use it.
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 5:57 pm

Ok, so let's set something up...

Kenpachi
Spirit Power 40
Speed 10
Intelligence 10
Fighting Skill 40

Soifon
Spirit Power 10
Speed 40
Intelligence 40
Fighting Skill 10

Alright, with these extremes on both sides... it would measure up to this...

Kenpachi would be too slow to hit Soifon. Though Soifon would be too weak to hurt Kenpachi. Soifon would eventually figure out how to get through Kenny's technique and defeat him. Though Kenny's Spirit Power is much higher, making his Spiritual Pressure, Spiritual Energy, and overall Endurance more powerful. Essentially, Kenny would were Soifon down around the same time she figured out how to defeat him. By that time she's slipped up and let an attack through which badly wounded her. She does whatever it is that she figured out, badly wounding Kenny... each reducing the other's life energy and therefor their stats... temporarily...

Each would boil down to being about equals no matter their stat focus... Though balanced characters aren't going to have as much an issue with this...

Spirit Power and Intelligence trump Speed
Speed and Intelligence trump Fighting Skill
Fighting Skill and Intelligence trump Spirit Power
Speed, Spirit Power, and Fighting Skill all trump Intelligence

It's like a cycle... any stat can come up as an advantage as long as you know how to RP it...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stats points comparison   Stats points comparison I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stats points comparison
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Administration :: Rules, Information and Help :: Help-
Jump to: