The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Intelligence Stat

Go down 
+10
Nerdy-chan
Saroki
Shadowfire12
Darkness
Kuro
Marlamin1
Kaiyo
Arawn
Sal Norongachi
Ayame Ryouta
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

How do you think the Intelligence Stat should be approached?
It's fine the way it is. (I will be mad at you if you pick this)
The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
System 1 "Urahara Route"
The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_lcap0%The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
System 2 "Tech System"
The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_lcap25%The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 4 ]
We should apply both systems.
The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_lcap31%The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 31% [ 5 ]
We should give users a choice between the two.
The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_lcap13%The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
Duquin

Duquin

Male
Number of Posts : 56
Job/Interests : Japan, Swords, Combat, and Video games
Quote : Some one once said to Voltaire "life is hard" Voltaire replied, "Compared to what?"
Registration Date : 2010-05-10

The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Intelligence Stat   The Intelligence Stat - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

The way I see things "intelligence" isn't really the proper name for this stat at all. I can be an idiot and still be awesome at manipulating my reiatsu to cast Kido spells and on that same coin I can be rather dim but still recognize tells in my opponent using that to react to an attack before it comes.

Urahara Path - the problem with intelligence being here is that seeing an opponents movements before an attack and recognizing that tell to dodge before the move is even full launched has little to do with ones intellect. It is observation and instinct more than anything else, the best example of intelligence would have been urahara analyzing the composition and density of a bala and canceling it out perfectly. Even then that is more so a high level of reiatsu control at the end of the day.

Honestly I think the dodge bonus for "intelligence" should be instead given to the fighting skill stat. It is skill in recognizing and reacting to tells that allows that preemptive dodge which comes from battle experience.

Tech System - I think this is closer to a step in the right direction but once again the name intelligence does not fit. I suggest that instead it be renamed to Spiritual Control/Mastery/Manipulation something along those lines. This way it can be linked to kido spells as well as to the ability to control your reiatsu and learn new techniques.

Summary, remove intelligence stat and replace it with reiatsu proficiency stat. Use this stat for kido and extra techniques while give the dodge bonus to fighting skill.

-----------------------------

EDIT

Sorry I should have read the previous posts a bit more clearly instead of skimming I see it's already been concluded intel needs to kick the bucket and be replaced with a more kido orientated stat name. Well I was former staff and would like to think I'm allowed to put my two cents in on the matter of powerful humans why not just look to the canon? With the revealing of fullbring information you have your answer to PH's counter to kido. They dont need Hirenkyaku as they can fullbring the ground the walk on to propel them at high speeds.

As for the new stat to replace intel as I said before it can dominate the realm of controlling ones reiatsu efficiently, this will effect kido as well as ones ability to hide their reiatsu, use techniques that involve alot of control such as a projectile one controls with their mind. It can also effect the PH's and their ability to fullbring daily objects.
Back to top Go down

The Intelligence Stat
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2