The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Martial arts practice, fail.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

Martial arts practice, fail. Empty
PostSubject: Martial arts practice, fail.   Martial arts practice, fail. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 12:03 am

Dray walked into his own personal little training room wearing his workout clothes, a loose T-shirt and shorts with wraps on his hands and feet. He glanced at what little he had in the room, a weightlifting bench with a bar and some specially customized weights a few hand weights as well, along with a training post designed to take blows. It was this last particular thing that Dray was going to be using today, he had been slacking off in his basic martial arts training lately and though he still had the muscle and form for it his joints had lost a bit of durability lately, hence the wrappings on his hands and feet.

Dray started stretching his body, first his core then arms then legs in his usual stretches. He then walked over to the training post and began lightly with a few round kicks not hitting to hard, making sure he had the form and spacing from the target down right, making sure to snap his leg out. Switching legs after a few hits, then started throwing in a few jabs and straights with an occasional elbow blow.

Dray paused after a minute or so deciding to check to make sure nothing hurt, so he moved his body a little bit feeling how everything was moving and the responses his body was giving him, a few minor twinges but no real damage or exertion. Picking up the pace he started chaining a few combos into the post, jab, straight, round house, reverse side kick. He started to repeatedly throw out combo’s attempting to chain moves together without being repetitive, it didn’t work nearly as well as he had hoped it would, he was occasionally losing his balance if he tried to go too fast with some of the advanced moves or stumbling when the post didn’t move.

Suddenly a spike of pain shot through his ankle as he did a kick on the post, he had hit the post with the wrong part of his foot. It didn’t help that the post was so hard. Maybe I should get a bag and train on that first before moving over to this post. Ah well I might as well see how far I can go right now. He shook his foot side to side standing on his good foot, testing out the extent of the damage. It isn’t that bad.

He put his food down on the ground again and once again took a fighting stance, semi-close and started throwing a barrage of punches. The post making thudding sounds as his blows landed, hooks, straights, jabs, uppercuts he was throwing them all. He started flinching a bit after a while as the blows started to take an effect on his joints, specifically his wrists. However he pushed through the pain and continued his rain of blows pausing only to take a few breaths before continuing his onslaught against the post. The adrenaline started pumping and the pain started to fade away as he continued his blows, until something flew and splattered against his face. He paused and touched the wet spot and looked at it, it was blood.

Dray turned over his hand and looked at his hands, the taping on his hands had been ripped to shreds and his knuckles were bleeding. He sighed and then started applying some anesthetic onto the cuts and wrapping some bandages around his hands. Grunting in pain as the adrenaline started to wear off, he decided that it would be best not to continue, he had been considering continuing only working on his kicks but with the cuts it would be bad to jar them around like that.

Dray walked over to the cabinet and took out some pain killed and gulped a few down with a chug of his water. It had been a decent workout, though he had gone a bit too far in his attempt to get back into fighting condition and at the same time had not got nearly as much as he had wanted done, the only major disappointment was that he would have to wait for his hands to heal before he worked out again. [i] I really need to get a padded target to work on instead of that thing… [i/] Dray wiped up the sweat and blood off the post and floor and left to get a careful shower then go to bed.

Training: Fighting
Back to top Go down
Junko

Junko

Male
Number of Posts : 521
Registration Date : 2010-10-30

Martial arts practice, fail. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Martial arts practice, fail.   Martial arts practice, fail. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:48 pm

"Your shit isn't quite impressive enough"

That is what I want to say... Here is how I'm going to say it. Your thread lacks narrative, which cuts the length down quite abit, I understand now that he is hurt, and getting back into fighting shape, but why? Review abit, because i don't read all your threads. Use abit of an introduction. stuff like that...

So without any more shit to say, or any "fuck you's" [0 points]

PS: make these threads as long as possible...

Subtle as always Sir Junko ~ The Arawn
Back to top Go down

Martial arts practice, fail.
Page 1 of 1