The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to Set a Trap

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:00 pm

Once again, Ryouta sat in the middle of the forest, meditating with his Zanpakuto across his lap. Raikou Arashi…let me in.
For the third time, he found himself standing in the cloudy, empty savannah. This time, Raikou Arashi was waiting for him. “So you have returned. What do you desire?”
Ryouta answered without hesitation. “I want you to teach me something new. I’ve found motivation.”
Raikou Arashi grunted. “And what is that motivation?”
Ryouta responded with confidence and assertion. “I want to get stronger, and the reason I want to do that is so I am better able to protect what I care about.”
Raikou Arashi grinned. “And what is it that so deserves your care?”
Ryouta grinned back as he replied, “My friends. My nakama. There is nothing else. That is my cardinal rule. I will never allow anything to compromise that. Not even if the So-Taichou (captain commander) ordered it.”
Raikou Arashi laughed. “Oh you have grown since I became your blades! You have honor and passion! I will teach you, but as always, there is a test.”
Ryouta shrugged. “I figured there’d be one. Do your worst.”
Raikou Arashi laughed again. “Ha, not yet, when you reach bankai level you’ll see worse!”
Ryouta grunted in impatience. “Can we please get started?”
“Ha, of course!” Raikou Arashi flexed his entire muscular frame. “This next move combines the fury of a lion with its guile. It is the most powerful move in your Shikai arsenal. It is called Senpuku no Tategami, or Lion’s Ambush.”
Ryouta nodded. “Sounds fun.”
“The first skill you need to learn is how to attack a place with both Inadzuma and Banrai and leave a trace of your reiatsu there,” said Raikou Arashi. “It’ll be similar to holding air particles together in the Banrai technique.”
Ryouta nodded. His ninjato became hook swords. Raikou Arashi raised an eyebrow, very much surprised that he could release his Zanpakuto without commanding it to. Perhaps Ryouta was closer to him in personality than he thought. “What you need to do is form a circle with your Inadzuma strikes. When you increase in power, you’ll be able to use a much larger circle, but for now, I suggest you do one with a 3 meter radius.”
“Will do.” Ryouta rose into the air using the Hohou technique, then began to glow with his reiatsu. “Shuu- rai!” His hook swords glowed white. “Haaaaah!” His messy hair lifted and seemed to pulse, like a grain field in wind. Ryouta began making slashing motions at the ground. In a couple of seconds, a circle was drawn out with his Inadzuma attacks. They glowed with his reiatsu as he struggled to maintain it there.
“No, not like that,” admonished Raikou Arashi. “Diminish it. Let only the slightest trace remain. That will serve two purposes- one, it will not drain you of reiatsu and concentration, and two, it will take a very skilled opponent to even notice its presence.”
Ryouta nodded and closed his eyes. The circle began to diminish; it became dimmer and dimmer, until finally, it visually winked out of existence. After that, its reiatsu pattern got to a very low point.
“Try to make it feel like just normal surrounding reiatsu,” advised Raikou Arashi.
Raikou nodded again, and the circle seemed to fade out of existence. “OK, haha, Todoroke!” He slashed down at the circle, and it seemed to compress inward. He did the exact same thing with his reiatsu here, diminished it, then made it seem like just normal spirit particles.
“Very good,” said Raikou Arashi. “You have a knack for understanding the manipulation of spirit particles. No wonder you are good at kido. Now, command, ‘ute’ (attack) and see what happens.”
Ryouta nodded for a third time then opened his eyes. “Ute!” The rounded edges of the circle seemed to flare with electric reiatsu, and then formed the shape of a lion’s mane. The inside of the circle took on the appearance of a lion’s face, with the mouth closed. The mouth opened far beyond proportion until it was the entire circle, and then fangs of lightning stabbed inward. Anyone standing in the circle would’ve been impaled by the reiatsu spears, or at least pinned.

Ability 3: Senpuku no Tategami (Lion’s Ambush) – This move takes time to set up, but is absolutely devastating. Ryouta must form a rough circle with his Inadzuma attacks, and then punch the ground inside it down with a Banrai attack. At that point, he must trick an opponent into standing inside the circle, at which point he speaks the command, “Ute” (attack). The rounded edges of the circle will flare with electric reiatsu, and seem to look like a lion’s mane. The inside of the circle will take on the appearance of a lion’s face, with the mouth where the enemy is standing. The mouth opens to fill the entire circle, and fangs of lightning stab into the enemy, effectively killing them, or if they’re particularly tough, at least pinning them down.
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male
Number of Posts : 722
Job/Interests : Marine aspirant / writer
Registration Date : 2009-04-13

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 10:01 am

Hmm, the move seem's fair enough except for the killing part. As you will find there is a no character killing policy, which means that you use this technique on somone who should be easy meat for you and it only wounds them. To me that dosn't make sense so change the wording of your ability please.
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:39 pm

Ability 3: Senpuku no Tategami (Lion’s Ambush) – This move takes time to set up, but is absolutely devastating. Ryouta must form a rough circle with his Inadzuma attacks, and then punch the ground inside it down with a Banrai attack. At that point, he must trick an opponent into standing inside the circle, at which point he speaks the command, “Ute” (attack). The rounded edges of the circle will flare with electric reiatsu, and seem to look like a lion’s mane. The inside of the circle will take on the appearance of a lion’s face, with the mouth where the enemy is standing. The mouth opens to fill the entire circle, and fangs of lightning stab into the enemy, effectively impaling them, or if they’re particularly tough (aka really tough Hierro), at least pinning them down.
ooc: that good? i got the idea from a combination of rukia's sword, and what Urahara's Benihime does in the video game Bleach: Shattered Blade
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:36 pm

ooc: i want to clarify something else about Senpuku no Tategami- the fangs come in from all sides, like how Rukia's covers the ground up, if you know what i mean.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:14 pm

I follow you so basically the only way to escape is up? However i see no draw backs to what must be a Rieatsu heavy ability. Xav's dealing with it but personally i'd like at least a number of uses or a stipulation where you're char is weakened for a period of time after each use.
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 9:38 pm

i'll think on that...unless xav has no problem
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 5:46 am

Hmm the way i see it is that the move once activated is well almost immpossible to escape from, now i would say yes to this but only on the condition that the reiatsu usage will leave you in a highly weakened state afterwards as sal mentioned.
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:41 am

that seems fine- although once my spirit power increases by a lot more, like say every 10 spirit points, i'll be able to use it more than once. that sound fair?
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:46 am

Not really, thats where bankia moves come in to advance upon techniques you already have. I wold say with more spirit power the attack gets stronger but still weakens you.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:11 am

What about if instead of it getting stronger the circle or whatever grows so that when you're all spirit powered up you can cover a greater area with it?
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 am

I think sal that he should be able to do both, IE. choose whether to make it stronger or wider.
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:46 pm

ok, that sounds fine
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 2:47 pm

Right then approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How to Set a Trap Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to Set a Trap   How to Set a Trap I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to Set a Trap
Page 1 of 1