The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jacob Talog

Go down 
+5
Arawn
Ayame Ryouta
Kaoseu Enjel
Darkness
Artemis
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 07, 2011 1:48 pm

Superhuman

Name:
Real: James Cadwallader
Alias: Jacob Talog

Birthplace: Western United States

Looks: James stands at 6’2 with dark brown, rather unkempt hair; his eyes are so blue that they seem luminescent. He is normally seen wearing worn and tattered black jeans with a leather belt and silver buckle. Normally he wears a button down short-sleeved black shirt with a two different necklaces one with a small flint arrowhead and the other a gold cross. He normally wears leather boots that look like they have seen better days, when asked why he doesn’t buy new ones the answer is always “I just got these broke in.” Over all that is his black trench coat down that goes all the way to his ankles. Under the jacket his carries a tanto with a dragon etched across the blade, James claims that the tanto can shave the electrons off an atom.

On his left arm he carries a tattoo of the Wiccan pentagram superimposed over the tree of life. Four scars on his right shoulder serve to remind him of the people he has killed. Over his heart he also carries the symbol for life and death burned into his chest. (Yes I did this on purpose and it shall be revealed later…don’t worry it falls within the rules of the forum.)

Spoiler:

Personality: James is often a very quiet person choosing not to talk most of the time, almost to the point of annoyance to those around him. When he does talk it is often less than two or three words at a time. He chooses to see those around him as a hindrance and a future bounty opportunity. Without friends James chooses to spend most of his time alone or hunting down a bounty. When it comes to his job he is relentless in tracking down a bounty. If the target is particularly challenging to catch James often chooses to play mind games with them before capturing them. He once followed a man, who murdered an entire family, for two weeks appearing where ever he was to get him so paranoid that he was on the verge of committing suicide.

When it comes to matters of Shinigami and Hollow James chooses to stay out of their way as he doesn’t know much about them. He has only encountered a Shinigami on two occasions neither of them ended well. When fighting a hollow everything else gets drowned out in a sea of hatred and rage; due to the fact that he watched both of his parents spirits were devoured by one of his ancestors.

James despises killing a target, only seeing it as a last resort to bring in a bounty. When he is forced to kill a target he is relentless it becomes the only thing that matters. He absolutely despises the use of guns seeing them as an easy excuse to kill; although he has despises the use of guns he has proven time and time again that he is quite proficient with the use of them. After he kills a person James often wanders around for a few days lost in his thoughts, finding it difficult to forgive himself for having to resort to the only absolute solution. He usually drinks his problems away unless someone intervenes. For each person he has ever killed James carves one line into his right shoulder to serve him as a constant reminder of the ones who lives he has cut short.

His power is a very difficult for him to talk about as he tries to avoid using it when others are around him. He fears that if he shows his ability because of the pressure going public would put on him, because of this there are very few alive that even knows he exists in this world. James has very few friends that are still alive, and calls no one place home.

Special Characteristics: Before he became a bounty hunter James’ parents put him through a prestigious private school. He excelled in music able to play just about any instrument he could get his hands on. His favorite instrument is the violin and though his living arrangement changes his violin is the one thing he always carries with him.

James is exceptionally skilled in gathering information and hacking computers, when needed he has also shown himself to be proficient in picking locks. These are skills he has honed over the years he has spent as a bounty hunter. Though nowhere near a master at either, James does pull his weight when forced into working with someone else however he is very reluctant to use his power when working with another human.

He has spent most of his life training in the art of Jujitsu in order to defend himself, as well as, to focus his body and mind. He has furthered his mastery of Jujitsu by incorporating his ability to close a gap and get in close where as a normal person wouldn’t be able to.

Race: American White

Special Power- Teleportation and Manipulation of the Magnetic field (I did make strenuous drawbacks for it please read through the General Power before passing judgment on this power. The credit for the “idea” of manipulation of magnetic fields goes entirely to Kaiyo.)

General Power: James posses the ability to breakdown his atoms, and phase them across the electromagnetic field that surrounds the Earth; he can also perform the ability with one other but the distance he can travel is greatly decreased. James also has to be careful to know what is waiting for him on the other end, as he can easily end up in a wall or halfway through a door.

This ability also has the major drawback of being potentially deadly if someone was to create an energy pulse while he is broken apart. The sudden flux of energy could potentially cause James to lose the ability to reconstruct himself and whoever he is carrying with him be that the case.

Due to the physical strain this takes on his body, James can only phase three times a day before resulting in bodily harm. Usually his kidneys start failing, then his lungs starts to collapse and if pushed to use his powers after his lungs start to give out his heart will explode. However he is trying to train himself to use his ability more than five times a day.

Outside of battle the range of his abilities is virtually unlimited as he has the time it takes to gather his focus and the picture in his mind of where he would like to go. However when forced to fight his ability is limited to what he can see or reason (for example he can transport onto the other side of a door or wall hoping that there is nothing there for him to get caught in).

With greater range it takes him a while to get to one place or another his teleport is NOT INSTANT there is a delay of three seconds no matter what. However if he has to jump from continent to continent it could easily go from seconds to minutes; especially when he is having to carry someone else or something much heavier and denser than he is used to.

Techniques/Abilities:

Repulse: James uses his ability to manipulate the magnetic field to make his own body repulse metal objects. Most normal (human made objects) are completely repulsed from him when he uses this technique. However any type of object that has a spiritual presence is simply slowed down. The magnitude of the repulsion all depends on the amount of focus he puts towards it. If he sees the object to be of little threat he won’t put that much effort into it. The power also becomes more effective when he can narrow down the area where he wants to repulse from. (For example if you fire a bullet directly at his heart and James knew it for some odd reason say you had the barrel on his chest he could stop the bullet completely; due to the effect that his entire focus would be of that one area).

Attract: James also has the ability to manipulate the magnetic fields around object to make them attract other object making the heavier or harder to use or to simply make a staircase if the moment calls for it. He can also use this ability to short out an electronic system so he has to be very careful when fighting in a populated area.

(What are the techniques, or abilities that this power gives you? Example: Orihime can heal, and make shields. Please list the abilites, and describe them. Okay everyone starts with a basic 3 techniques and at Rank 3, Rank 4, Rank 6 you are allowed to add more, there is a cap of 5 techniques)

Stats: (you begin with 60 points to distribute around)

Spirit Power: 15

Speed: 15

Fighting skill: 15

Intelligence: 15

((These stats reflect your training and focus area of your character. However, they do not determine who wins a fight or not, only your roleplaying can determine that...Remember that these gain an increase with each rank up, so this setup will not be your final.))

History: Born in United States to loving parents James was gifted to a very well off family. His parents Jacob and Cassandra were both very intelligent, Jacob Cadwallader had made his first million with a lucky break in the stock market at the age of 18, and had met his mother on a business trip; his father was for all intense and purposes a boring mortal save for the uncanny ability to read numbers. He continued to support his family by becoming an accountant for a multi-billion dollar firm.

His mother however came from a family surrounded with mystery, every few generations someone was born with the power to disappear off the face of the earth and turn up somewhere else. In the time of Kings and Knights, his ancestors were praised as oracles and magicians for their ability to know information that only someone first hand would know. In 1888 one of James ancestors was known as Jack the Ripper, choosing to use his gift to become a murderer instead of helping the greater good. Cassandra didn’t have the gift, but she knew what to expect after watching her father phase from one room to the next when he was thinking or nervous.

Cassandra went to great lengths to avoid Jacob finding out her families secret so when James started displaying signs of his gift she sent him to visit with his grandfather as often as she could find an excuse to do so. When he was 10 years old his grandfather was proud in the fact that there was no more that he could teach him about his gift saying that he would have to find his own path in life.

When he was 12 James was listening to his father play the violin with vigor. When his father set it down James picked it right up and after a few times he mimicked exactly what he had heard his father playing only just before. With a little coaching from his father James earned a spot on a prestigious orchestra and a scholarship to the private school that it called home.

He stayed there for three years always careful not to get caught when he used his gift to sneak out. But over the holidays he received a letter from his grandfather saying that he needed to come home. He was there in an instant, his grandfather never wrote him always choosing to relay his messages through his daughter’s writing. It was here that he met two people dressed in the flowing black robes of the shinigami. They told him that he and his family were being targeted by a hollow that was once part of their family. Jack the Ripper’s soul had become hollowfied and as his final act he was going to make sure that no one could ever copy him. He had already taken out James and Cassandra had devoured their souls and had mortally wounded his grandfather. The shinigami had explained that they only had him there to act as bait so that they could lure out the one who had killed his parents.

It was two nights later when the Ripper took the bait, but James was ready as well, as soon as he saw monster he lost all control to the pure righteous rage of revenge. He could literally feel the magnetic force holding the beast together and before the shinigami could stop him he had ripped that force to pieces and laughed manically as the best dissolved before his eyes. It was here that he spoke the words that his grandfather had taught him and told him that was the key to their gift. “Pulvis et umbra sumus; we are dust and shadow. We are put on this earth to help people with the gifts we are given. If we try to harm the world with our gift the family stops us. So now I present you with your end.”

Shortly after that his grandfather died, this left James with the family fortune and his home, but seeing as he was the only one of his family to be left alive he abandoned the home locking inside it everything that was his past life. He went onto finish his education at the age of 18, and then after that he went off the radar of normal life choosing to become a bounty hunter to stop the ones that always seemed to get past the law enforcement. Over the years he has run into gifted humans like himself, but he chooses not to associate with them much occasionally he ends up having to bring one of them down.

The Soul Society want him brought under control for they fear the flux of souls with become lopsided as every hollow he comes across his destroyed completely and utterly. Though any shinigami he comes across are left as they are with nothing but a word of warning to stay out of his way. He has been accused of helping rouge shinigami go underground, but most in the Soul Society disregard this as nothing, but idle gossip to make a bad person look worse.

As the memory of his parents became a more and more distant James took on a different name to hide who he really was. He chose the name Jacob Talog after his father’s first name and his grandfather last name. As James Cadwallader he was to recognizable he was the orphan of two rich families and any move he made was documented in gossip columns and magazines. So he just used his gift when he was supposed to be flying from New York to London and for the last 3 years he has been Jacob. Whenever he frequents the bar and the subject of where is he from comes to a head, he always replies. “I burned my home away with my past after I was the last one there.”

Role Playing Sample: (This is a sample role play to get an understanding of how well you perform at it. Try to make it at least a paragraph. Describing the area around the characters and how they feel is an easy way to lengthen your posts.)

Last edited by Artemis on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Had a contridiction sorry bout that :D)
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 6:32 pm

Alright, i have reservations against this, because it leaves door open for a godmodding.

You can phase someone else against their will, however difficult it is to do against their will... and perma dead as a cloud of atoms...

That is just too open to be exploited, so while im sure you guys will object to this

Pending Denial
Pending Second Opinion
Back to top Go down
Kaoseu Enjel

Kaoseu Enjel

Male
Location : In the midst of disaster, dancing upon the scalding remains of this forever burning creation that has been deemed Hell. Care to join me? >:D
Job/Interests : Working on it/ Writing, Drawing, BMX
Quote : Fear is the strength which allows me to live...
Registration Date : 2010-05-15

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:00 pm

Well, as far as I can tell, there isn't much godmodding to be done... I agree that it's very possible, but he can't really leave someone suspended as atoms. From what I read, if he reforms, so do they, not to mention as well that from what it's saying, he must be in physical contact with said person. When reading through all of the drawbacks, it seems fairly... well, fair... I give approval, but with Character Watch; One mess-up and he's scrapped.

Pending Approval
Pending Third Decision
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 11:30 pm

Personally, I agree with Darkness. While I agree with Kao that some of the drawbacks are fair, fact is, the ability kinda allows him to oneshot opponents far more powerful than him as long as he can touch them. All he has to do is phase his opponent into a wall, or other solid object, than *poof* they're dead.

Unfortunately, this is the type of interesting ability that, like Darkness said, is ripe for godmodding. I feel that in order to make it really and truly fair, you'd have to nerf it so hard it wouldn't be worth it. My personal advice is to scrap that power and come up with something less, shall we say, controversial.

Pending Approval
Pending admin opinion.

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:11 am

I did have a nice long chat with Artemis earlier today. For the most part I don't mind the magnetism ability, but yes the phasing problematic. While the teleporting itself isn't too bothersome. So what about the teleporting sans the phasing? As I mentioned in that chat, teleporting is abit redundant with the fast movement. But the main difference is the range and scope. While fast movement will only take you to the building, teleporting into the building. My only idea is substitution; he switches places with an object. The risk of wall death is negated since he would replace an equal piece of the wall. Just an idea.
Back to top Go down
Will

Will

Male
Number of Posts : 202
Registration Date : 2010-11-24

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:26 am

Arawn no offense, but if I did take your suggestion he would become a naruto character...all that would be missing is the stupid headband
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:12 am

Well I tried ~.~

*shuffles off*
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 7:30 am

Hmmm, I'd say the general idea of teleporting is what's a bit worrying, because i can easily think of other powers that characters have had instantly accepted. I agree with Kao Razz And i think it would be pretty amazing to rp out a fight with someone who can move around you, there's a delay and he can't do it that often, how is that unfair to anyone but him? If folks are still a bit etchy, is there no way he could test-run a fight?... Anywhoo

Admin Approval
*Character watch*
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 1:45 pm

Look, I still want to press my case on this, Theoretically he can take on a captain and hold his own for about 5 teleports. and yes Kaiyo, it is worrying in general. But i would just say that the power makes him overpowered for his rank, and think about tiarna, we yall denied that for being overpowered, why not have an even bar >.>
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 2:05 pm

Without indulging too much in this debate Razz
Kazu's power to like suck in the reiatsu of whats around him (someone else has something like that as well i think) I'd say thats a lot worse & can make the character better than a higher rank because it's taking all their energy, so the bar is kinda shifting really xP Plus you can pull the plug on the power if you don't agree...But i think Apollo said he was gunna scrap it now anyway tbh Smile
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male
Number of Posts : 154
Job/Interests : Procrastinator
Quote : Hado! Number.... Wait, what?!
Registration Date : 2009-07-02

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:39 pm

And Hado walks in.

There is a slight problem with all of your theories here.... *clears his throat*

Reishi, or Spiritons and real atoms = They don't go well together. Every spiritually aware being has some thin film of Reishi/Reiryoku surrounding and inside of them. That's how they can, you know, take a hit that flattens a skyscraper?

This power focuses on manipulating real atoms so trying to move a spiritually aware being would take a minute. He would literally have to sit their and do this, or, the other alternative is someone could let down their defenses and allow themselves to be warped.
Back to top Go down
Will

Will

Male
Number of Posts : 202
Registration Date : 2010-11-24

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 6:48 pm

As for warping someone else into a wall he has to stay in contact with them so he even if he had a hand on them and warped them into a wall he would lose that hand. This results in massive blood loss and probably shock and he would bleed out and die himself.

Anyway this character is considered scrapped as I am making a new one.
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 7:41 am

Ugh... I have to read this don't I? *Sigh* Let me get some caffeine first...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:29 am

No Marley you didnt it is SCRAPPED as in I am creating a new one
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Jacob Talog  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Jacob Talog    Jacob Talog  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jacob Talog
Page 1 of 1