The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nightly Patrol (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Derek

Derek

Male
Number of Posts : 7
Registration Date : 2010-10-05

Nightly Patrol (open) Empty
PostSubject: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 05, 2010 11:27 pm

Derek cut a strange figure walking down the dimly lit streets, a thin scarecrow of a man wearing a practically cut suit. His green hair fluttered across his face, and he brushed the offending strands away absentmindedly. Tonight had been quiet so far- but that was no indicator of how the rest of the night would be. And then, he sensed the presence of a Plus. Derek began heading toward the presence, figuring that if he stuck with the Plus, their combined spiritual presences would attract any danger and he would be able to deal with them in that convenient manner.

When he came to the source, Derek stopped in surprise. The Plus was glowing with an eerie blue light. It turned, revealing itself as female. Help me... she mouthed. Derek paused- he could not feel the presence of any other spiritual being in the area besides himself and this woman.

"Stay where you are," he advised her. "A Shinigami will be on their way eventually, and I'm sure they'll be able to help you."

The woman shook her head. You...have...to...touch...me...she mouthed painstakingly slowly. Derek reached out a hand to her- she seemed so helpless. And so his fingers brushed her sleeve. Instantly, he was filled with an intense dread, and not only that- it appeared his fingers were glued to her sleeve. If she could be called a she. The skin across her forehead split, and from the 'cocoon of skin' that had been the woman, rose a rather large cockroach-esque Hollow, mandibles ready to tear into human flesh.

Derek couldn't reach his gun. He'd have to use his powers. "Kagetsu," he cried out. Instantly, he was surrounded by a sphere of white light that separated him from the skin that was holding him to the ground. "Tsukikage!" From the center of the sphere, a lance of white light shot out and pierced the insect between it's abdomen and thorax. The body hit the ground, but began to drag itself toward Derek as fast as it could- which was actually pretty fast.

Derek stuck his right hand out, dissolving the shield and forming a sickle of white light in his hand as he did so. He charged the beast and swiped mightily, effectively splitting its head in half just before its jaws closed on him. It disintegrated instantly. I practically just hung a sign around my neck saying 'spiritually aware' being...thought Derek. I hope nothing nasty shows up...
Back to top Go down
Endarkened

Endarkened

Male
Number of Posts : 121
Job/Interests : Bashing fundies.
Quote : I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Registration Date : 2010-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:56 am

'Interesting.' Draze thought to himself. "A superhuman, I think."
He was standing atop the roof of a building, observing the man silently. His reitsu was completely snuffed, and to the spiritual world, he might as well be invisible
Superhumans are a danger to Soul Society. That was what he had been told in class countless times. He had hoped to extinguish a Hollow first, but no matter. This human would just have to do.

He dropped from the building, long sword held above his head for a powerful downward slice. Only the fluttering of his black robes would give him away.

Last edited by Endarkened on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 2:43 pm

The sound of fluttering cloth from above caused the hair on the back of Derek's neck to rise. He whirled around, bringing his sickle sword up to block the strike of the Shinigami coming down on him. As soon as their blades met, Derek caused his own sword to flash with an intensely bright light- one that was bright enough to blind his opponent for a few seconds. This proved enough distraction to shove away from the Shinigami and watch him warily.

"I have no quarrel with you, Shinigami,"
he said diplomatically. "As you may have noticed, I have just disposed of a Hollow. That is, I am an enemy of your enemy. We need not fight."
Back to top Go down
Endarkened

Endarkened

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 08, 2010 3:55 am

Draze lowered his sword slightly. He released one hand from the hilt, rubbing his eyes to relieve the pain from the blinding light. Then, he sheated his sword completely, and nodded at the superhuman.
"True, you superhumans have helped us before, but just as many have proven troublesome to us. I will reserve judgement until later, when I-"Draze's eyes widened as a wash of reitsu washed over him, and he turned, drawing his sword once again to face down the street.

There, from a darkened alley, crawled a Hollow. It's faceless eyes looked something like a venus fly trap, hanging open slightly. No doubt it would snap shut at the slightest notice. A faint dribble of acid could be seen hanging from it.
The rest of it's body was just as plant like. Two vine's served as it's arms, while a mass of roots twisted where its legs woudl be. Two shrivelled flowers hung at it's back, and as Draze watched, two smaller, flowerless versions of the Hollow crawled from the buds, and raced towards the two men down the street.
"When I see you kill another Hollow." he finished, springing forward to face the first mini-Hollow on the left.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:06 am

"Not a problem," responded Derek. "I think you'll find I'm trustworthy." As the mini-Hollow on the right ran at him, he casually drew his sidearm and fired. The bullet pierced the mini-Hollow's "face". It stumbled, but continued to run at him gamely. Perhaps the fact that it was a plant meant its vital organs were elsewhere. Well...maybe it would also have a plant's weakness to heat.

"Tsukikage," Derek said, and sent a beam of white hot light toward the mini-Hollow, burning a hole through it as easily as one might fry an ant with a magnifying glass. He holstered his gun in his next movement, and leveled his sickle at the larger Hollow in the same movement. “Gengetsu." With a swipe of his weapon, he sent spinning blades of white light directly at the Hollow, slicing its vine arms to ribbons. The Hollow roared, and all of a sudden, its arms were back, completely regenerated.

Derek was undeterred. Everything had its weakness. He tried a Tsukikage attack, this time aimed at the plant's body. It burned through easily enough, but again, the plant regenerated, although a bit slower than before. How is it finding the energy to do that? thought Derek. Maybe its roots...

"I don't know your name, Shinigami, but mine is Derek. But my official name is Agent Moony, or just Moony for short. I'm thinking the weakness will be in the root. I'll try burning them away, but I'm going to need a distraction to make sure I get them all." Without waiting for a response, Derek ran toward the beast, which opened its gaping maw and lashed its arms at him as he came. The two vines were met by Gengetsu attacks, sending them spinning uselessly away- Derek needed the Shinigami's help to keep the maw off him though.
Back to top Go down
Endarkened

Endarkened

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 5:01 am

Draze used his spiritually light body to jump in the air, sword overhead, gaining much needed height over the smaller plant Hollow. It opened it's face at him, and deep within it's throat, he saw a small white disc, looking somewhat like a flower with eyes.
Then the maw of the beast snapped shut, inches from his leg. he brought his zanpakuto down, slicing the Hollow's top half in one go. However, even as he sliced, the Hollow's plant-flesh meet back together, trapping his sword within the confines of the beast.
"Perfect." he whispered to himself.
Yanking his blade back, the mini-hollow stayed attached to the end, the small hook ensuring it would not be jarred loose. It writhed and screamed at him, but the swords length made it impossible to reach him.
"My name is Draze, and quite frankly, distractions are what I do best." he said, running at the larger Hollow while dragging it's offspring behind him.
While it's vine's were batted away by the man's scythe, it's mouth still raced forward, ready to eviscerate whatever was caught within it's grasp.
Which just happened to be it's child.
Draze stood to the side, and swung his impromptu club at the Hollow, choking it with it's offspring. He then yanked his blade out of the mess of the creature's face as it struggled to spit up it's now dead child, and brought the blade swinging down on the hinge of the jaw area. As a result, for a few short seconds before regeneration took place, the Hollow's jaw hung slightly open. He struck his hand in, feeling for the white porcelain flower, and tried to yank it out. A maskless Hollow was a dead Hollow.
It didn't budge. As long as power was taken from the roots, the mask was stuck firmly in place.
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:57 pm

With the beast distracted, Derek seized his opportunity. Rays of white hot light poured from his outstretched sword, burning through the roots of the plant thing easily. Unfortunately, they seemed to grow back, re-rooting the plant. He'd have to uproot it somehow. Again, Derek focused the deadly beams of his power on the roots of the plant, running as fast as he could at the monstrosity. As he drew close, he seared the roots apart one final time and drove his weight into the monster. His charge was augmented by his own reiatsu, giving him superhuman strength. For that instant when all the roots of the plant were severed, Derek was able to literally push it away from its roots a few feet.

"Gengetsu!" He slashed upward to slice its mask in half, taking care to avoid Draze with the attack. The blade of light he released sliced right through the mask, and the Hollow disintegrated. "Well done us," said Derek. "So, what brings you here? Technically, this is an SCS zone."
Back to top Go down
Endarkened

Endarkened

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 4:31 am

Draze took a step back as the light ray sliced the Hollow in half. It dissolved away, leaving nothing but ash, which in turn drifted off into the night. In his clenched hand, he now held a tiny fragment of the white flower. This he stowed away, tucking it into his robes.
"SCS zone? Well, you could say I'm new here, so please explain what that is?"
Back to top Go down
Derek

Derek

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 pm

"SCS stands for Spiritual Containment Squad. We are an elite task force of Superhumans and Bounts who use our powers to protect the interests of humanity, and the Bounts. We try to keep the balance here on Earth. Unfortunately, no alliance with the Shinigami or Quincy has been possible, and so hostility is sometimes a sad fact of life," explained Derek. He dispelled his active power, revealing the fact that his power caused him to change appearance, at least in terms of clothing. Instead of wearing the robes he had appeared to be earlier, he was now wearing a dark suit.

Back to top Go down
Endarkened

Endarkened

Male

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 11, 2010 3:53 am

Draze sheathed his Zanpakuto, and bowed to the Derek.
"Well, it's sad, but we shinigami have had mixed reactions from yoru people. Some help, some hinder. I'm sure that if you continue doing what you do, you will be noted in Soul Society as an ally."
Draze then turned towards the river. It was nearing dawn, and he should probably get some sleep before he had to travel tomorrow. he turned to wave farewell to Derek.

[I'll let you say what happens next. just wanted to introduce my char, and have him kill a Hollow.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nightly Patrol (open)   Nightly Patrol (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nightly Patrol (open)
Page 1 of 1