The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male
Number of Posts : 41
Registration Date : 2010-06-22

A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) Empty
PostSubject: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 15, 2010 2:26 am

Another day off, which meant yet another day of absolute boredom. Kasumi huffed and flopped on the ground of the barren, empty sparring grounds. Pieces of dummies littered the ground around him, the rust colored dirt caking to some like dried blood. Kasumi grinned at the foreboding sky, which smelled of rain, and the grin slipped as he thought of maybe trying to find someone to actually talk to or chat with. He sat up, looking around, hoping beyond hope that he'd find someone approaching the sparring grounds, although he half hoped they wouldn't considering the lack of sparring dummies he had so recklessly destroyed in his frenzied haze of sparring. Still, though, he stood up, looking off in the direction he thought he saw the slightest hint of movement.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:07 pm

After much observation Arawn had finally figured the best time to use the sparring grounds. Before, during and after lunch most people kept to the library and inner building. Late nights were the busiest times. As the class bell rang, he made way to the supposedly empty grounds, as he runs he munches on an apple. He made it into view of the grounds only to see the area littered with broken training dummies. The half eaten apple fell from his mouth and hit the ground. Amid the wreckage was a single person. It seems he wasn't the only one that observed the best training times. But the display before him meant, the person had done this himself.

"Well there goes that idea." He says somewhat disappointed. The grounds being deserted also meant no attendants, so their would be no more practice dummies until after lunch had ended. He thought about walking away when he noticed that other person was looking at him. Perhaps he wanted more practice for the day? A living target was more ideal than a stationary one. The same was true for Arawn, a live target would be better practice. "Here goes nothing." He kicked the dirtied apple away from him and stepped towards the man.

"Hello there, I see you've had quite a warm up." He glanced at the damaged dummies. "I was hoping to get some work done today, but seems that's a wash. How about a friendly contest?"
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:20 pm

The figure that approached him was one he hadn't seen, but still looked friendly enough. Kasumi grinned as he stood, a hand on the back of his head at the mention of the broken dummies. His grin widened when the newcomer offered up a spar.

"Of course. Sorry about the wreckage though. Got a little carried away. Oh, where are my manners. Hitotsu, Kasumi, Advanced Placement student of the Shinigami Academy. And you are?" he said politely, bowing and moving to where there was a 10 foot space between the two, then drawing his blades. He never wanted to be caught with his blades undrawn, as his drawing time was slower than most, due to the length of his blades. He took a deep breath and then exhaled, watching his opponent carefully.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Arawn watched the man named Kasumi draw his weapons. Well it seemed he was more than willing. But he had little experience against someone with two weapons. His right hand grabs the weapon on his back, and pulls the blade free. His asauchi shines in the sunlight.
"Dan'Shir, Arawn. Recent Shino Academy graduate, nice to meet you." He sized up student. He was at a loss how to proceed, but wasn't going to let Kasumi set the pace. With a hop step he springs forward directly at Kasumi. When he's nearly three feet from him he sidesteps left and forward. Almost standing parallel Arawn releases a backhand slash from left to right aimed at the others person's midsection.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 pm

There would have been almost no time to react if Kasumi wasn't already prepared for a first attack. As the other Shinigami ran, Kasumi's eyes followed the movements. The man had good balance, fair speed, and a lithe step. As Arawn neared, within a range of three feet and suddenly his course altered slightly, Kasumi made his move. He merely leaned back under Arawn's blade and stuck the one in his right hand out, just in front of the still moving Shinigami. As he leaned back, he took a step forward with his left leg, keeping his right foot planted, which caused him to pivot, in such a way he would end up behind Arawn. As he pivoted, he shifted his grip on his right blade to a reverse grip and did the same with his left blade as he raised it and struck down. Arawn would have to be quick to get out of this one, but as far as Kasumi could tell, he was only half, maybe a little bit more, of his own speed.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 12:49 am

OOC: wow tried to perform the move, it's tricky to even imagine a way out. The easy part is you're behind me, the hard part is surviving those long blades >.<

Arawn knew his footwork wasn't master level, but it should have given him some advantage. Kasumi had already moved by the time Arawn began his swing. The opponent's blade was in front of him and second couldn't be far behind, literally and figuratively worse yet was that he had managed to get behind him. His left hand grabs his scabbard from his back and rips it free of the cord. He brings the sheath over his shoulder and bats right sword. Rather than stop his swing he lets himself spin to face the incoming attack, he finishes his spin just as the left blade comes down. The blade cuts across his shoulder as he wheels backward.

Last edited by Arawn on Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT: I took the hit, forgot to add that to post. Minor mistakes sentence structure)
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 4:55 pm

Kasumi's mind was a whir as he watched Arawn spin around after blocking Kasumi's first blade with his scabbard. Narrowing his eyes, he put his thoughts into actions, letting the momentum from Arawn's block carry him as he picked up his right foot and spun on his left, keeping his left blade down against the red-haired Shinigami's bloodied wound and letting it move naturally, without cutting him, as Kasumi arrived, once again, behind him, keeping his right blade on Arawn's left side and his left blade at the Shinigami's throat, basically in a hold that had Kasumi's right arm across Arawn's front, that blade pointing back to deny escape, and his other blade across his body and in front of Arawn's throat.

"Haha, well, isn't this fun?"
Kasumi said with a laugh. He was waiting, knowing Arawn had more up his sleeve. He was actually enjoying himself for once, although he really couldn't say his fighting skill was any good, rather it was the combination of his intelligence and reaction time.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 15, 2010 5:24 pm

"Fun indeed" Was all Arawn could mutter, the cold steel pressed to his neck. Too fast, the speed of motion was nothing to the speed of his actions. He couldn't with the blades crossed before him his only avenue of escape was blocked. But did he need to go forward when the enemy was right behind him? Arawn jerked his head backwards although not aiming to headbutt Kasumi but to give himself some room for his next maneuver. As he fling his head he bend his body back as well, he then crossed his arms across his chest. The sheath and sword came up into the small gap he created to block the swords that had captured him. He uncrossed his arms trying to push the other man's weapons away and step out of his grasp.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 12:42 am

Kasumi was assaulted by the unexpected headbutt, though he knew it wasn't a means to attack, but rather escape. He felt his teeth bite into his lip, drawing a bit of blood as Arawn pushed out of his grasp. With a bloodied grin, he took a step back and lifted his blades up, the one in his right hand held in a reverse grip, the other held in a normal grip. They were held before him, the reverse handed blade held vertical behind the horizontal normal gripped blade. Slowly he slid his left foot back and let his body turn naturally, sliding the blades along one and other until he held the blade in his left hand close to his jaw, pointed towards his target, and the other at an angle at arms length from his chest. He was ready for anything Arawn decided to throw at him now.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 1:28 am

Arawn gazed at his opponent his two weapons were indeed troublesome. Sheath in his left hand his sword in his right the odds were even, but not the same range. He sighed he had to move in closer, and well within harm's reach. He flipped his grip on his two weapons pointing both towards his feet. He then tucked the blade and sheath against his arms and lunged forward. His left foot forward he swung his left arm parallel to his face, the sheath snapped forward towards Kasumi's waiting blade. He waited for contact with the blade before taking step forward with his right foot. In the same motion he swung his right arm below his left arm swinging the blade out low at Kasumi's waistline.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:50 pm

The rush was quick and unfaltering. Kasumi liked Arawn's to-the-point style. However, Kasumi was the toy with his prey kind of person. As Arawn's sheath made contact with Kasumi's foremost blade, he knew the other was on it's way to either his chest or his midsection, and reacted instinctively. He rammed his blade in his left hand down, blocking any path to him, and used it as leverage, jumping up, tucking his knees to his chest and leaning back, feigning a back flip. However, when he was horizontal with the gap between Arawn's sheath and his blade, he kicked his legs out, focusing Reiatsu into his calves and thighs as he did so, empowering the kick with immense force. If Arawn tried to block this, it'd definitely jar one of his arms, and still likely break the guard, and if he didn't, then he was in for the donkey punch of a lifetime. The only thing that could go bad for Kasumi was if Arawn sensed the Reiatsu spike and countered it with an eual amount if he guarded. Still, Kasumi gritted his teeth as his legs extended, awaiting impact.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:12 am

The only reason he had adopted the attack method was to give himself a better chance of defending against a possible counter. It seemed that the plan had payed off. Even knowing a counter was coming didn't mean he would react in time. The blade in his right hand met the nimble Kasumi's weapon as he took to the air and leveled the kick at him. His blade occupied he moved his left arm into an awkward guard. There was a sickening crack as the arm and foot met.
"This wasn't an ordinary kick" came into his head a second too late and the impact sent him flying backwards and spinning to the ground. The secondary impact the ground nearly hurt as much as the now broken arm. Arawn gasped for breath as he picked himself from the floor. He knew as he rose that his left arm was useless now. It hung limply at his side, the pain was mind numbing. Overshadowing the tingling sensation in his chest. He gripped his sword all the tighter and tried to focus on his opponent. Another kick like that and it would be over. With right side in front he held the katana like a baseball bat inching forward.

Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 12:34 am

Immediately after landing again, Kasumi realized that using the amount of Reiatsu he had hadn't been a good idea. He was growing tired, and could feel it. He had enough energy in him for one other move like that, and then he was out. He didn't plan on having to use such a move unless he was sure to win. He watched as Arawn picked himself up, his left arm hanging by his side. He knew he had taken it out of the equation, and now only needed to focus on the right arm, which was held aloft as Arawn approached him. Kasumi saw this as an opportunity to finish it, and decided, rather than use his Reiatsu recklessly, he'd be efficient. He wanted to slam his palm into his forehead, realizing he had completely forgotten about Kidou. He cycled through what little he knew, and decided on the basics.

He rushed Arawn, and as he did so, he shifted both blades to a reverse grip. He raised his hands, palms forward, and focused his Reiatsu. As he drew closer, he called out,

"Bakudo 1, Sai!"

He waited the length of half a step before he launched himself forward and into the air, allowing the Kidou to hopefully take effect. He rose to where his abdomen was level with Arawn's head and thrust his left arm across his chest, keeping the blade close. This caused him to spin, and he rotated his hips to increase the rotation. As he made a full circle, he extended his right leg. The forward motion had brought him within range of Arawn's face, and Kasumi was aiming to end this spar now with this move. If it wasn't over, Kasumi had enough energy left for one final sequence of attacks, if need be.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:00 am

Arawn too had forgotten about kido, but honestly he more intent on advancing his swordsmanship. The surprise as his arms locked behind his back was apparent on his face. Now he had no choice, but with his arms locked he had few options in spells. He let his own reiatsu flood out and chanted. Kasumi was airborne and spinning. Arawn releases his spell “Relinquish their power, all freedoms revoked, enforce the laws. Bakudo #11: Seigen.” A circle of light appeared on the ground shining. Kasumi's spinning slows to a crawl as he hangs in the air as if supported by invisible strings and starts to drop to the ground quickly.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 1:41 am

Kasumi cursed as he felt as if his entire body had passed through a wall of molasses. He slowed down to a dead stop, mere centimeters form Arawn's face. He then felt as if a huge weight was being pressed down on him, causing his jump to cease. He landed hard and felt his knees clack together as he rolled backwards a few times, distancing himself from Arawn. He quickly regrouped himself and moved forward as fast as he could, which now was only slightly faster than Arawn's speed. his steps were loud, and it worked for him as he lowered his voice to where it was un-hearable over his steps.

"Disintegrate, you black dog of Rondanini... Look upon yourself with horror and then claw out your own throat. Bakudo #9, Geki..."

As he whispered the Kidou, he spun in a clockwise circle, nearing about 5 feet from his target, He shot out a hand at the end of the Kidou, aimed at Arawn. He then continued his circle and as he did so, he placed his blades end to end creating a crude but effective two blade. He spun around full circle once more, closing the distance and collapsing each blade towards one another from a diagonal position, where it would hit Arawn's right shoulder and floating rib on his left side. He would stop short, at the base of the neck and just against the flesh of the side.

(Basically, think of it as well-greased scissors, with the force of inertia working to their advantage lol.)
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 2:16 am

His hands still locked he dropped Seigan spell as Kasumi backed away. Arawn had yet to learn how to break other people's spells. How can he defend himself from the next attack? Kasumi had already righted himself and was charging forward. He couldn't aim his kido with his hands behind his back. Then he had his answer, simple, effective, and very risky. His reiatsu filled the air once more and he quickly chanted, he felt his body stiffen. He had to hurry with his spell Kasumi was very close. "From my skin, I release the porcupine's spines. Inject the target. Hado #12 Needle Release!" Along with Seigan it was one of the spells he didn't have to direct. The shower of needles exploded from his skin as Kasumi spun at him with both blades.

Last edited by Arawn on Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Hitotsu

Kasumi Hitotsu

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 3:23 pm

Kasumi knew he was done for. Even if he fired off this last Kidou, he'd have literally no energy left. He could feel his mind shutting down, on the verge of passing out. He'd try his best to win this, at all costs. Gritting his teeth, he shouted quickly,

"Stop the impelling shot from a prompt arrival! Bakudo 3, Sutoppu!"

The needles stopped, mid-flight, an inch before they pierced him. He passed through them, feeling a few stick close to him as he moved, and cursed as they resumed their prior motion, biting into his flesh around his shoulders and stomach region. He closed the rest of the distance between he and Arawn, landing on the ground directly in front of him, the blade in his right hand held in a reverse grip at his shoulder, the other slammed into the ground to keep him from falling. Kasumi was breathing heavily, his eyelids feeling like 20 pound weights were attached to them. He bit his tongue to keep himself up a little while longer, and grinned.

"I believe... This may be a draw... Hehe..." managed the silver haired Shinigami. With that, his vision blurred, then faded to black as he fell to the floor. A few moments later, he opened his eyes, just barely, not knowing how long he'd been out, or if he was even in the same place, as his vision was blurry beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 27, 2010 4:16 am

His opponent fell to the ground, .made his declaration, and then passed out. The restraining spell faded, and his arms unlocked. Arawn fell to his knees. The pain in his arm seemed to intensify now that the adrenaline was no longer pumping. The other man had fallen due to exhaustion, but Arawn felt like collapsing from the pain.
"Hardly a draw, but I'll take it." If it wasn't for that last spell, he would have lost for sure. He hadn't won, he was just lucky. He looked around the still empty sparring grounds. With a broken arm he was in no shape to drag himself or Kasumi to the medical division. He sighed and reached into his inner pocket, and pulled out his phone. It had survived the fight thankfully. It took only a few button pressed for Arawn to contact the lab he worked in. Unfortunately, he didn't know a number to reach the medics.
*RING* *RING* *RING* *RING* *RING* *RING*
"Hello?" finally someone picked up the phone
"Hey this is Arawn." His vision started to get blurry
"Arawn? Where are you man? You're late for your shift!" The voice on the other end exclaimed.
"Sorry, but it looks like I'm not going to make it."
"Not going to make it!? What the hell man it's your turn to feed creatures, and clean the cages!"
A shame he was going to miss that. Arawn suppressed a chuckle. A new pain shot through his side. A cracked rib? Broke the arm and cracked a rib. He was lucky to have guarded that kick.
"Actually I called because I need some medical attention." He looked down at his fallen foe. "We need some medical attention."
"We?"
He didn't feel like explaining, and he was feeling tired now.
"Yeah at the sparring grounds, send someone."
"What are you doing at the sparing grounds?" Arawn didn't answer. The phone fell from his hand as he fell face forward to the dirt.
"Hello? Arawn? You there man?" there was silence "Crap."

Several moments passed before medical personnel were sent to the field to retrieve the fallen combatants. Such things were more common than expected in the sparring grounds so no questions were asked. And no punishment was given, just a strong warning to be more careful when fighting and try not to critically injury you sparring partner. Arawn enjoyed his time in a recovery bed. But dreaded the work waiting him back in the 12 division when he got back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)   A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Friendly Spar and a Possible Friend (Arawn only, please)
Page 1 of 1