The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A visit to Junrinan (open)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

A visit to Junrinan (open) Empty
PostSubject: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 2:18 pm

After lunch Arawn's drive to practice dwindled quickly. While his energies were restored, he still felt mentally exhausted. I figured a trip to the districts would probably do him some good. He could vaguely recall the tour of Rukongai Solun had given. The further they had traveled the more unsavory the people. He had learned that there are 80 districts stretching out from Serieti in each of the cardinal directions. He was unsure which areas he had visited, and was certain he would get lost venturing too far. In the end he figured he would visit one of the closer districts and exited from the nearest gate. He found himself in the first district of the west in Rukongai, Junrinan. The area seemed peaceful enough, various people walking along the street. He spots some shinigami and student uniforms occasionally in the crowds. He had found out that students are given a small allowance to during their schooling. Arawn felt the coinage in his pockets, not sure what if anything he should buy. He stood just beyond the gate pondering what he should do first.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 1:24 am

Lost in thought Arawn wandered the streets taking in the various sights. A few people greeted him happily. It seems students were somewhat welcome here, unlike the harsh glances he had experienced in the outer districts while with Solun. He stopped by one the stands along the road and purchased some fruit to snack on. There were several children huddled in an alleyway. As he moved closer he noticed they were playing a dice game for pocket change. At first the children froze, afraid he was there to break up their game. Arawn dropped some coins and their faces brightened. Although he couldn't fully grasp the game, he did manage to win one round before losing three times. Curiosity satisfied he moved on to the other shops. Clothes, foods, and trinkets were sold in little stalls and cafes along the multitude of alleys and cross streets.

He had been walking for quite awhile, he was sure he was no longer in Junrinan, but unsure what direction he had gone. He wondered how people anyone didn't get lost. He could still see the Seireitei, so he couldn't that far off. The sun hung lazily in the sky. Arawn's throat felt dry. There were several bars lining the streets. There were shouts and cheers from behind the doors and through open windows. Picking at random he walked into tavern.
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male
Number of Posts : 123
Job/Interests : Supervillain
Quote : "In wars, boy, fools kill other fools for foolish causes." -Thom Merrilin
Registration Date : 2010-06-22

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:45 pm

((heh, thought I'd contribute a little!))

Within the tavern a crowd was packed in tight around a small empty spot in the middle of the floor. When the screaming died down, heavy breathing and grunting could be heard. Garin stood drenched in sweat in the middle of the bar. His opponent was a brawler and was rather impressive in his ability to take a punch.

Garin moved in and began a combination of attacks! Right, left, right to the stomach and then a vicious uppercut, knocking his foe back. The crowd screamed with a mix of excitement and worry. There were plenty in the crowd who'd chosen to back Garin's opponent who was more well known in this particular district. He realized that it was about time to end this. Remembering that he had to be careful, he pulled himself up to full height, Fists at his waist in a ready position, and then shifted into an attack stance with a cleansing breath. He focused on his opponent who was now coming steadily towards him, envisioning the power of what he planned. As soon as the man came, he began his next attack.

He began to punch and punch in a complex series of attacks designed to be blockable, and to eventually let the blocker place themselves in a position for which they wouldn't be able to block one hard blow. It worked like a charm! The opening came and Garin pulled back and released his punch. He whispered, "Hado Ichi..." When the punch connected he shouted out, "SHO!" The punch already made a visible dent in the man's chest, and the spell pushed even further in! Several pops could be heard as ribs shattered and the man went flying hard into the crowd! This match was over. No one could get up after that hit. He turned and began to collect his money.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:21 am

Arawn moved toward the throng of people to get a better view at the entertainment. Recognition flashed upon Arawn's face. He'd seen this figure before, the face so familiar. As the last blow was landed Arawn felt something tickle the back of his head, and thought he spotted a small flash of light. He mentally brushed the thought away. It was then he remembered the victor; it was his first sparring opponent. The man he had taken many pains just to touch was in a bar brawling for money. Upon looking at his most recent fight, Arawn wondered how much the man had held back. Or perhaps he had gotten even stronger since then. He still didn't know his name, and from the situation of their first meeting it was hardly call it friendly terms. But he did owe him some gratitude for sending him to be cared for after their bout. The crowd of people still surrounded him, some with shouts of congratulations others hisses of displeasure. Those that had bet on him, and those foolish enough to doubt obvious experience he radiated. Arawn tried to move closer, and get a private word in with him.
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male
Quote : "In wars, boy, fools kill other fools for foolish causes." -Thom Merrilin

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:58 am

As Garin saw Arawn come closer, his eyes bulged! He had to calm down as he walked over to the man he'd fought a while ago. He quickly went to shake his hand and pull him close. "Understand, while I'm here I'm not a Shinigami. If you give me away I'll kill you without a second's hesitation, understand?" That being said, he released him and grinned. "Well! It looks like the kid has the start of a real man's grip! Anybody wanna take this!?" Most of the crowd laughed. Garin was worried. He didn't want to have to kill the poor kid to prove to these people he wasn't a Shinigami, but he couldn't afford to have it known what he was until his mission was over.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:25 am

The comment had shaken him, Garin's grip on his hand like a vise. He guessed a friendly greeting would have to wait. Arawn thought quickly. "I merely wanted to shake the hand of the victor." He said loud enough for others to hear. "But it's a shame I didn't bet on you." He pulls coins from his pocket, and frees his other hand. He places the money with Garin's other winnings. "I'll be sure to get it back somehow, think of it as a loan." The crowd laughs, and Arawn retreats to bar to get a drink. What the other man was doing here, was a mystery. Apparently he should be here, and Arawn figured he should be there as well. A quick drink and then he should set off back to Junrinan district. If Garin was still fighting, he might pick up a thing or two.

Last edited by Arawn on Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:57 am

Garin continued to laugh and chat with various people in the crowd while he made his way to the bar. Once he had sat down, he turned and smiled at Arawn. "Listen, man." He said in a friendly voice, loud enough for everyone to hear. "I heard a story once! A great Samurai who lived two lives! In one life, he was respected, but in another he was no samurai at all, but a lowly thug. He lived the life of a thug to win a great treasure!" He nodded with his best "half drunk sage" look, hoping that Arawn would figure out what he was trying to say. He couldn't afford to be made. Not while the mission was still ongoing...

At this point, another man placed a hand on his shoulder and Garin sighed inwardly. On the outside, however, he laughed heartily and shook the man's hand! "Another Fight! I have a better idea! Take the new guy for a spin. If you beat him, I'll knock your block off!" He turned to Arawn and winked. If the man wanted to be included, he'd have to fight, and if he was smart about what he'd learned, he should be able to stop this fighter, even though the man was strong. He walked over to Arawn and whispered in his ear "If you use Kido, make sure you are discreet. Now act like I just told you something infuriating about your opponent." Garin adopted a wolfish grin as he pulled back from the man's ear.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 10:12 pm

OOC: I will have you note I’m wearing the academy uniform since I didn’t get to live in Rukongai.

Arawn grimaced, both outwardly and internally. He was happy enough being a spectator, taking part wasn’t on his mind. But at the same time he realized some of the unsavory characters would be more wary of him if he showed some muscle. He pulled off his kosode and approached through the throng of people. His opponent was slightly shorter than Garin, but twice the build. The bald man grinned showing a large gap in his teeth. He cracked his knuckles and then popped his neck. “Too bad kid, you’ll ain’t be walking after I’s done with ya.” Arawn instinct told him, the man was probably right. He would have to strike fast and hard. He looked at the man acting as the referee, “What are the rules?” The pudgy man looked back at Arawn and shrugged his shoulders “Kill first, or die last.” Arawn sighed, less than encouraging. His opponent had already taken a fighting stance his hands guarding his face like a boxer. An idea sparked into Arawn’s head. A plan of action was created giving him a window of opportunity. The fat man shouted “Begin!” Arawn adopted the same boxing stance as the man, he scoffed and moved forward. With the one step Arawn’s suspicions were confirmed. The man wasn’t a boxer or a martial artist. He was all and out brawler, no real form or grace in his stance or movements. His guard wavered when he walked; he took steps as if walking. Not much better than a boxer, but the same weakness. Arawn launched a low kick with is left leg, the foot slammed into the tall man’s knee. The leg buckled, the man stumbled forward. His head drooped slightly his guard broken, Arawn pressed his attack. A haymaker right punch slammed into the man’s face stunning him. Arawn swung his leg up, and brought his heel down on the man’s lowered head. The axe kick slammed into the man’s head and drove him face first into the floor. Arawn stepped back from the prone body. The opponent’s head against the ground and his butt hanging in the air; his arms limp at his sides. The pudgy ref quickly ran up, and pulled the bald man’s face up. Blood streamed down his face, his eyes glazed over. He was now missing more teeth than when the bout began. “WINNNAH!!!!” the ref now shouted pointing at Arawn. Arawn sighed and relaxed, his heart was beating miles per minute. If that hadn’t done the job, he was in real trouble. As the adrenaline wore off he now turned his attention to his right hand; it felt like he had punched a wall. He tried not to let on how much pain he was really in, but a few of the bar patrons wanted to shake his hand. He winced inwardly and moved back to the bar proper. The ref ran up to him halfway and handed him his winnings. He smiled “Nice bit of work that, mate.” A wink and he walked back to the circle. Arawn took his seat at the bar once more.
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:27 pm

Garin waited patiently for Arawn to finish his bout and then took a sip of his drink and spit it out. "God DAMN IT, barkeep! Don't you serve nuthin' better'n this piss!?" He slammed the cup down on the bar and walked up to Arawn and put an arm around him. "I bet the new guy knows a better place to drink. Anyone can tap down that fellah has to be handlin' some of the good stuff!" With an iron grip, Garin made to lead Arawn out of the bar where they could go somewhere that it didn't matter so much that he was hanging out with a shinigami, even a student one.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 11:17 pm

They exit the bar into the darkened street. It’s later than Arawn had expected. Lights twinkle along the streets as people settle into their homes. Arawn begins straightening his kosode. “Well that was interesting to say the least.” He says as they walk. “Ah, I guess I should properly introduce myself; my name is Arawn…” He stops speaking as they are joined in the street by five other men. He wouldn’t have thought much of it if he hadn’t recognized one as the very same man he had floored in the bar moments earlier. He sighs, “It seems that will have to wait.” He could only guess that the man wanted a rematch on his own terms. The other men were either his crew or those unhappy with the fight’s results. The big man cracked his knuckles like before, but this time didn’t crack his neck. His neck and head were covered in bandages his nose with tissue to stop the bleeding. His face locked in a sneer while his companions drew short daggers from hidden pockets.
“Remind me not to thank you later.” Arawn says as they approach.
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:34 am

Garin grinned and turned to face them. "We're not in the bar anymore... If we kill them, we can go all out and no one will know about our power..." Garin said this loud enough for them to hear them. He focused his Rietsu to prepare for a Byakurai without saying anything so that all that happened was a slight arcing of electricity along the fingers of his hands that would be visible. He hoped that it would appear that he had a power involving lightning and might scare them off. People already knew that he was deadly without such things. "C'mon new guy. Ya think we should kill them?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 12:23 pm

With numbers cowardice is often forgotten, but when faced with a greater power their resolve falters. Such was the case with these men. Confident they had a chance armed,and had the two surrounded they were more than willing to push forward. Garin's announcement gave them pause. They had expected some kido from the student, not Garin an accomplished fighter. They hoped he was bluffing. The large man growled in response, but the men did not advance. The men that were approaching from behind were braver, thinking they had a greater advantage. Their attack bolstered their comrades and they pushed forward as well. Arawn turned to face those coming from the rear as Garin's lightning pulsed from his finger and nailed one of the men squarely he crumpled to the ground with a cry.The other rushed forward knife held high. The large man had disappeared perhaps letting the fodder provide him with an avenue of escape.

One would think two men attacking with knives held an edge over a single unarmed opponent, but this was not the case. Skill still factored in on such situation and both men were lacking. As for the number advantage it was negated by their lack of coordination. One man stepped in front of the other, the second man could barely slow his charge, and bumped into his companion. The first man's charge became a stumble with his knife leading, but not really aimed anywhere specific. Arawn only watched the man's knife, his primary concern wasn't the man holding it. As it got close he grabbed the man's wrist with his left hand and twisted, as the man flinched in pain Arawn's right hand sought out his throat. The fingers of his right dug into the man's neck as hie pinched nerves causing even more pain. The man howled and dropped the knife, but Arawn's grip continued. He used the man as a shield preventing the second man from attacking.
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 5:57 pm

Garin chuckled as the second man stood trying to figure out what to do. The others were already starting to back away after the little display of skill. Garin walked forward and leaned close to the other man as if he would whisper in his ear. The man was so terrified that he just stood their shaking until Garin drew back and punched him with all of his considerable strength in the gut. The man dropped to his knees, vomited, and passed out. Garin turned and said, "Any other takers?"

The others ran off except of course for the one in Arawn's vice-grip. Garin turned and chuckled again. "Cowards..."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 11:40 pm

Arawn released the man, and he scampered off after his buddies. He wondered were the larger man had run off to, but decided he wouldn't dare try something what had just happened. "Cowards indeed." Arawn muttered, and extended his hand "Once again, I'm Arawn Dan'Shir nice to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 6:46 pm

Garin began to walk, waiting for a moment to make sure no one was listening and then began to speak freely in a low voice. "I find it useful to keep up appearances in this area. Not only does it keep old friends from becoming foes, it gives me information that otherwise would be kept from me." He waved his hands about. "I lived in Rukongai for 200 years before I even considered joining the Seireitei. For a while, I was among those thugs working for the big bad guys the Shinigami tried to take down. One guy, "The Wakizashi Bandit" is still at large and has been giving me lessons. He's one of the few who know I'm a Shinigami and doesn't care. He knows that I can't stop him, and I don't know anyone strong enough to stop him, even among the captains." He stopped and turned around. "Next time you decide to go bar hopping, let me know. I can take you a few places that are less rowdy, and maybe even introduce you to some people who won't mind what you are as long as you treat them as equals."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 11:07 pm

"I might take you up on that offer. I didn't get a chance to stay in Rukongai, I was taken into Seireitei on the first day." He feels abit guilty about that fact, he had truly been lucky. "I did notice alot of people here fear and hate the shinigami, why is that?" Arawn had thought of the shinigami were police of the human and spirit world. "That Wakizashi guy can't be all that bad if he takes the time to teach you. Why would he be a criminal?"
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 4:20 am

Garin grimaced. So this guy didn't know? "Most Shinigami have pretty crappy attitudes. They look down on those who aren't a part of the Seireitei. They eat well while all others struggle to survive in the streets. What's worse, anyone strong enough to be a real threat becomes their enemy." He shrugs. "Takezo has a strange power and he's not working for the Seireitei. That's why they want him dead. In essence, he wields something like a Zanpakuto, except you might say it's always in Bankai." He chuckled at that. Thinking of all the Shinigami who died. "Suffice it to say that by the time they sent a vice captain after him, he'd already grown to powerful for the average captain. They finally figured out that beating him would cost much more then leaving him alone and that it would probably spark a war besides. The Seireitei does what the Seireitei thinks is best for the Seireitei. The people of the Rukongai don't factor in. That's why everyone hates them here."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:05 pm

"So this is just like the human world despite the appearances." Arawn says as he looks about at the old style buildings. "People of privilege lord over those they should be protecting with an iron fist. Rather than leading they choose to rule." He looks down the road at Seireitei in the distance. Even from far away it's easy to spot. "But not all of them can be bad. I've met some genuinely nice people, and if not for them I wouldn't be 'alive' or a student." He turns away from Seireitei, "I don't want to be feared or hated for something I didn't do. In the end people are doing the same thing they are doing to your friend. They fear his power, and see him as a threat to their own existence." Arawn notices one of the knives that their assailants had dropped, he bends over and picks it up. "I won't be just a weapon, I will think for myself." he clutches the blade inside his fist cutting himself. "I will protect those that need protecting, not matter the cost." Although the words come from his mouth, he can't think of how he can accomplish such a task. He is only one person, to undo years if not centuries of bias and elitism would take twice as long. He would need to get the people more involved with shinigami affairs. Arawn’s eyes light up as the plan of action formulates. He starts laughing, the pain in his hand forgotten. “Thank you for listening to my ramblings, believe it or not it has been helpful.” He drops the blade into the ground; the point sinks into the earth slightly. The cut on his hand isn’t that deep, and has stopped bleeding. Getting emotional never is a good thing, he notes to himself.
Back to top Go down
Aslanemperor

Aslanemperor

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:33 pm

Garin smiled. "You're right, of course. They aren't all like that, which is why Takezo chose to train me in spite of my position, and why I chose to join." He chuckled and looked down at the knife. "We students are the future of the Shinigami. We will be the top brass one day. When that day comes, we can change the way the people look at us and the way the Seireitei treats those in Soul Society." Garin smiled at this. It seemed he'd made a friend. That was rather nice...

Finally he looked about and got his bearings of where they were. "Hey, we've got time. Let's go to a bar that's a little less offended by Shinigami..." He nudged Arawn and said, "Maybe even we can find some good looking women?" With this he started off confidently towards a little bar he knew about.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 1:40 pm

"Perhaps another day, friend." He smiles, "I have to get back to my studies. I think I've taken a long enough break as it is." After a moment he adds quietly "But I shall see you later." he gives a wink and makes way to Seireitei. His resolve somewhat renewed figures he should get to work again. He would have to pass on the offer, but there would be other days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A visit to Junrinan (open)   A visit to Junrinan (open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A visit to Junrinan (open)
Page 1 of 1