The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Becoming a black robe

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Becoming a black robe Empty
PostSubject: Becoming a black robe   Becoming a black robe I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 12:46 am

It happened way to fast. One moment Arawn was gorging himself on fruit, and taking a tour of Rukongai with Solun the next he was within the huge fortress he had saw in the distance. Arawn tried to recall the order of events

At the fruit stand Arawn properly introduced himself to the Shinigami named Solun. The blonde shinigami seemed most amused when Arawn attacked the fruit. While Arawn ate on a small wooden bench, Solun excused himself for a moment. While he was gone, Arawn observed those in the street. There were women, men, and children all of various races and ages. But it seemed like he was the one being observed. It was hard to figure if shinigami were feared or respected in Rukongai. No one got close to him, and even more so when Solun was present. But still they kept an eye on him. Solun returned and offered to show him around.

Much later they were walking down a road in Rukongai. There were numerous districts and sections, Solun had told him, he had forgotten this one's name. Solun droned on beside him, talking about Rukongai's history, and various personal comments about each location. A lot of the areas looked the same, but the further from the castle, Solun called it Seireitei, the less friendly people got. It was like any city, bright and sunny as it may seem, there was a dark underbelly. None of these unsavory people wandered too close to him. They continued the tour for what seemed like hours, the sun was closer to the horizon from when they started. Solun was stopped talking mid sentence as black butterfly fluttered into view. It's the oddest thing Arawn had ever seen. It wasn't just black; it was like someone had cut out all the light in the shape of the butterfly itself. Solun raised his hand, his index finger outstretched. The insect took the perch, flapping its wings. Solun looked at it intently his face as serious as Arawn had even seen. The butterfly then simply took off again into the air, hard to follow despite it's color.
"Well then, it's getting kinda late so we should be heading home" Solun gazing at the now amber sun sinking in the sky.
"Home?" Arawn looks around, "Wait, you don't mean I'm living here?" This seemed like the more lawless regions of Rukongai. He would rather take up residence in the first area they started it. Wait was it really dangerous here? I mean he was dead, but then again he was breathing, and had a heartbeat. That would have to be a question for later. He didn't want to find out the easy way.
"Of course not here, but I can let you stay here if you want to" Arawn quickly shakes his head 'No'. Solun's always smiling face makes it hard to tell when he's serious. "I meant let's go home to Seireitei."
Arawn raises his right hand in front of him signaling Solun to 'Stop', the other hand goes to his temple.
"You said, I'll be living in Rukongai, right?" Arawn questions
"Yes..." Solun starts, but Arawn stops him with his hand.
"But now you say 'Home to Seireiti'."
"Yes again" Solun stops before Arawn can use his hand, enjoying himself once again.
"Seireiti is where shinigami are based."
"Yes, but..." Solun raises his hand to stop Arawn first. "Seireitei is also where we train future shinigami."
Arawn's hand drops
"There are special people and special circumstances, you're one of them." Solun moves closer to Arawn and in one motion puts him under his arm, and in a flash they're airborne. Arawn only view was that of Solun's feet. Was that just a jump? They flew high above the buildings they had just walked past. The wind whistled in Arawn's ears, but he swore he could hear Solun chuckling. Arawn started to scream as they started descending towards a rooftop. They landed and Solun leaped again, holding Arawn with little effort while he sprang from roof to roof. This wasn't like that first time, when everything just vanished. Arawn almost wish they had used that method again, the up and down motion wasn't very pleasant. Arawn arched his neck to look in front of them while they sailed in the sky; Seireitei was growing ever closer and grew much larger.

The trip took little time, but neither did Solun's explanation. 'Special people and circumstances indeed' Souls had power, and the more powerful souls required food to keep active. So Arawn's hunger had singled him out? That hardly seemed fair. Perhaps the others were hungry, but less vocal. Once they arrived at the huge gate the surrounded Seireitei they passed within. There were several other shinigami entering and leaving, some waved at Solun others nodded. So he had the potential to become a shinigami.
"But I don't think I want to be a shinigami" Arawn started
Solun looked at him; his eyebrow rose "You've seen them haven't you? Those monsters? Hollows they're called." He pauses, as they navigate the paved roads of the fortress. It seemed so much different from the dirty streets. "I told you we have a duty to send lost souls to Soul Society, but those creatures try to devour them. And when they can't get souls they attack living humans." They come to a stop in front of a building with strange symbols hanging by the doorway. "Would you waste away in Rukongai, when others suffer? Sleep while they hide in terror, a death will occur because you don't think it's your problem."
"I didn't say it's not my problem," Arawn wavers "I just don't think I'm the kind of person to be slaying monsters."
"You can't give up before you try, apply yourself. Build a better place for those that still live, and those poor lost souls." Solun's eyes lock with Arawn, his face firm. "I know you have it in you, I believe in you."
"I...I...just...” Arawn stammers, but suddenly Solun shoves him through the doorway. Two people on the other side catch him. The last thing he sees is Solun smiling again. "Don't worry it will be fun"

Several non-fun hours later Arawn finds himself sitting in the dormitory on the edge of his new bed. He's now wearing the customary white kosode and blue hakama. Solun chuckles in the doorway. "Looks nice on you" Arawn wonders what manner of devil has gotten his hands on him. "Well you've had a busy day, you should get some rest." Solun waves and exits the room. Just when Arawn thinks he's finally gotten some peace, the blond head darts back into view "Oh I nearly forgot. If you see my brother do tell him 'Hello' for me" And once more he's gone from sight. Arawn sighs; he cringes when he imagines Solun's brother. But he's right; he has had a long day. He disrobes and settles into the bed, tomorrow might be even busier.
Back to top Go down

Becoming a black robe
Page 1 of 1