The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I am cursed...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

I am cursed... Empty
PostSubject: I am cursed...   I am cursed... I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:06 am

First my computer has some kind of system error, next my PS3 gives me the YLOD. Although much rarer than the Xbox 360's RROD, the PS3 had been known to have fatal crashes. I guess it doesn't help that I have one of the older "fat" units. Oh well. So for the next few days (I hope not weeks) I'll be without my PS3. >.< I must have done something to deserve these recent strings of incidents. Maybe it's a sign? I don't know. I am planning on getting a PS4. But I want to wait for certain games to come out. One of them is inFamous: Second Son. There's also The Division (Hope the kindle will support their tablet app), which isn't scheduled to release til next year. Destiny looks good as does Watch Dogs (Which I also hope will have kindle support for their app as well.) Wish me luck, and hope the cost is low to fix the problem. I really hope my luck turns around.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

I am cursed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am cursed...   I am cursed... I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2013 11:07 pm

Good news: I sent the PS3 away to be fixed by Sony.

Bad news: It's out of warranty

Going to cost 120 to fix, if fixable. If not I'll receive a slim unit to replace it. Since it costs like 200 for a slim and it would cost 300ish for a new fat (since they're rare) That works out well. But I want the fat system back. I don't care the cost either way.
Back to top Go down
Mania

Mania

Male
Number of Posts : 64
Job/Interests : Stalking
Registration Date : 2011-09-01

I am cursed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am cursed...   I am cursed... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 1:42 am

Why not ask them to send back the fat one along with the slim if they cannot repair the fat one, of course if it is possible.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

I am cursed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am cursed...   I am cursed... I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 3:01 am

Brick system, I could try for another PS3 fat, or go to an unauthorized repair shop. But I don't trust those after I lost my other PS3 that way. Thought I was saving money, and boom they disappear with the console. So rather go the official route this time. Some risk is involved, true. But I'm willing to take that chance. Sucks if I do get a slim since I have alot of PS2 games I would like to access. Although there are quite afew of them on PSN, I rather not pay for a game I already own. Just doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

I am cursed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am cursed...   I am cursed... I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 28, 2013 2:56 am

Small update: System is repaired. Now I'm chipping away at the wall of games that currently try to drown me. While waiting I've taken care of a some of my PC(steam) games. Replaying Icewind Dale was humbling. Forgot alot of things and died against goblins of all things (probably one of the weakest enemies you face in any fantasy setting) I'm not playing all my PS3 game in alphabetical order. First up Alpha Protocol and Bayonetta. After that it will be Assassin's Creed II (Trilogy pack; Brotherhood and Revelations included)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I am cursed... Empty
PostSubject: Re: I am cursed...   I am cursed... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I am cursed...
Page 1 of 1