The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

[CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 11:31 am

James walked beside Conrad in mostly silence until the young man broke the silence to voice his concerns that there was more to this simple bait and switch than either one of them were seeing. Stopping beside the young man, James gave him a sympathetic grin, “The death toll is high, but that isn't a reason we shouldn't see these kidnappings...no whoever is orchestrating all of this wants the human police to think these are random acts of terrorism so that they will be so frenzied by the chaos that things will slip through the cracks of their other investigations.

“If I was to guess I would say that they have someone on behind the curt ain pulling the police strings so these kidnappings aren't as closely looked at as they should be.” James frowned as he tried to put the young man's mind at ease, but it didn't work as the young German went on to suggest they they split themselves up and both take a separate bridge. James turned and looked at his pupil once more and a small smile crossed his face, this was no longer the young man that had to come to him months before with no idea that the spiritual world even existed. Before him stood a student who needed a new challenge and a little slack in the reigns.

“If you think you can handle it yourself I will look at this as a test, but keep on your toes. We first need to find who the next kidnapping victim is going to be, sure while I would like to think that they are just picking up random spiritually aware beings out of their target area. However, something in my gut is telling me they already have a person in mind when they choose their pick up location.” James placed a hand on Conrad's shoulder, “If it comes down to it just try to save yourself, but don't let another's life go easily.”

James turned and headed toward the bridge of the birds waiting only a few minutes before he vanished instantly choosing to move via flash than simply walking. It only took him a few moments to make it to the Bridge of the Birds and what he found was a bit unsettling...while everyone was moving around and going about their business no one seem put on edge by any of the attacks that had happened recently. Even if there was nothing reported on the news those attacks weren't that far away from here and people around here are laughing and running like nothing happened at all? James walked out to the center of the bridge and leaned against the side like he was watching the water as he waited for something more to happen.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male
Number of Posts : 53
Job/Interests : Student of literature and religion, fiction writer.
Quote : You'll never learn to fly until you're standing on the cliff.
Registration Date : 2013-06-18

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 9:54 pm

His mind more at ease, Conrad made his way to the Cat's Bridge, in the middle of the park. There were people everywhere, and Conrad couldn't get a read on anyone's spiritual presence in any precise fashion. But he could feel the tension in the air, and it was running high.

The watchers in the city were afraid of things they could not see.

Walking onto the bridge's edge, Conrad pulled the sleeves off his coat. He had come by a leather trench coat with removeable sleeves for this very purpose. He had decided on a trench coat because it could conceal the empty knife-sheath underneath it. But to anyone watching, he was just taking advantage of the warm day. He now looked, except for the distinctive European facial features, like any other VisK musician in the city.

So, he sat himself on the edge of the stone bridge, watching the crowd and the river below. He let his power flow around him, knowing that the only ones in the area that could feel it were those that sought it out. So, trap set, he watched and waited.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05, 2013 12:53 am

At the Cat Bridge

The minutes ticked by without incident. Things were happening, but nothing of note. As the day wore on the traffic increased as did the people filling the sidewalks. There were people of all ages and races. The frequency of buses also increased as time went by. In time the wind shifted and a burst of cool air came from the north bringing some relief to the warmth of the day. A couple girls did their best to avoid coming close to Conrad on his simple perch. They had been talking before approaching, but had quickly quieted. Once past the strange man they resumed their conversation like nothing had happened. Others did the same. Not wanting to get too close to some strange man sitting on the edge. As for rest of the people they simply ignored him completely. He might as well had been a gargoyle overseeing the area. Why let such a thing ruin their day? Suddenly there was a clamoring on the bridge. A crowd was slowly gathering as a man collapsed onto the ground. It was a middle aged man there were spots of grey poking through his dark mane of hair. He was wearing a light business suit. His briefcase lay abandoned at his side as he fell face first. A woman next to him was the first to check him. She shook him, but got no response. Panic filled her face as she started screaming for help. People had already reached for their phones. Some had thought it was some elaborate gag, or hoax. After the woman's repeated cries they started to dial for help, but looked around in puzzlement. They couldn't seem to get their devices to function. It was then that another person fell. This time it was a young lady a teenager. Her body jerked then she fell to her knees. And then like dominoes more people started to fall. Different people all through the crowd dropping like flies. Again came the thought that this was some joke or work of a flash mob, but the reactions of the friends of those fallen were too real to disregard. None of the people that fell got back up again their bodies were limp, and eyes unseeing. There was a siren a fire truck rolled out.

Meanwhile at the Bird Bridge

There was an ruckus of sorts occurring, but it had nothing to do with the event at the other bridge. Instead it was the the wind. When the wind shifted a scent fill the area. The smell of burning. At first it was thought to only be someone barbequing or having a cook out. But it wasn't the smell of ribs or hamburgers that filled their nostrils. Soon there was a sound that joined the peculiar odor. The sounds were screams. People screaming. Looking to the sky a column of smoke could be seen just north of the area. It looked to be coming from behind the block next, just up the road. The siren of a fire truck pierced the air. The citizens looked about to see from what direction it was coming. In the distance one could barely make out the flashing lights that outlined the engine. The firehouse was rather close so their response time quick. There was an explosion. Being so close it was hard to mistake the sound. Another plume of smoke rose into the sky
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:05 pm

James stood at the bridge as he noticed people turning their heads up and sniffing the air a small smile started to form on their lips. Curious James sniffed the air and smelled smoke and the smell of something cooking on the air, but something else was mixed with that smell something that seemed to be getting stronger. What is that? It smells off...something familiar yet I can't place it... Just then the wind off the bridge changed directions and the sounds of screams filled the air.

Looking around James frowned, he couldn't just sprout wings and take to the air towards the disturbance their were too many people. “Crap...” James took off running towards the next block using the black pillar of smoke to guide him. When the sounds of sirens filled the air the old dragon cussed and reached into his pocket for his phone, only to find that it wasn't there. “No...Dammit now I have to save the rescuers and the victims.” James' vocie was a growl in the wind as he picked up the pace.

As he reached the end of the bridge an explosion shook the air and another black plume of smoke filled the air. I guess the time for secrecy is out of the question. James vanished from where he was standing as he flashed from ground to roof and started to travel towards the disturbance that way no longer caring if he was spotted.
Back to top Go down
Scion

Scion

Male
Number of Posts : 53
Job/Interests : Student of literature and religion, fiction writer.
Quote : You'll never learn to fly until you're standing on the cliff.
Registration Date : 2013-06-18

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 16, 2013 11:36 pm

All around Conrad, people were falling. He cast about with his mind, feeling for whatever might be causing the chaos.

There.

No, there.

It's here, now.

Whatever it was, it was invisible to the normal eye, and incredibly fast. Or there were several of them. Neither were particularly good possibilities, so he worked with what he could. His ring began to shimmer.

Out of his soul, Conrad drew his knife. Transparent blue flames raced up his hands, settling into his skin in the now-familiar patterns. He retracted the billowing reishi-bait from around himself, ready to meet the semi-present threat.

With a pulse of the green Bringer's Light, he was across the bridge, knife at throat-level at the bit of spirit-pressure he was chasing. The power itself felt... strange, greasy, unrecognizable. And as soon as he locked on it, it was gone again.

Across the bridge and back Conrad chased the thing, herding it away from the terrified people wondering if this madman with a knife was behind the fate that had befallen those among them. Finally, the fleeting power-source was cornered against a railwall. Conrad's knife was at its throat/face/whatever. "Now," he said in accented Japanese, "do you mind telling me what this is all about?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2013 6:48 am

On the bridge

The panic that had already set into the crowd as friends and lovers alike fell lifeless to the ground began to set in. The initial shock had been quick to wear off. While horror filled some faces others ran in hopes of getting away from whatever was causing the sudden deaths. A man going around brandishing a knife was hardly a welcome element to the ensuing chaos. A riot was more peaceful than what occurred as people saw Conrad's weapon. So people made it in there best interest to flee from the strange man who had somehow pulled a weapon from thin air.
"He's got a knife!" someone screamed and things seemed to become even more hectic as people pushed and shoved trying to get away. For one man his fear overcame his reason and instead of trying to flee, he attempted to tackle the young man. This proved impossible as the rush of people pushed against him forcing him away. Ironically he was sent to the ground as someone tripped him. He went into a fetal position to avoid his face and chest being trampled. Any chance at subduing Conrad was lost as the Fullbringer moved about the rabble tacking the minute traces of spiritual power that he felt. The young man's journey came to an end as he latched upon a young man wearing a navy blue windbreaker and some beige pants. His under shirt was light blue with a white strips along it's length. He managed to gasp as Conrad's hand came at him followed by his blade. The man's eyes widened and then rolled backwards as his body convulsed. A groan escaped his lips and then he went limp.
"He killed him!" A voice from the rear of the crowd shouted followed by more screams. The people were running away leaving Conrad nearly alone on the bridge with the numerous corpses. Not all the people had fled. Some sat there clutching their wounds from the sudden stampede and more held onto their loved ones. Their eyes fell on Conrad. Eyes filled with both fear and hatred for what had just happened.

Lake Park

The south end of the park was an inferno. Fires formed a wall encircling the area. Tree branches danced as they burned. Several cars that had been parked in the lot had succumbed to the blaze. It would seem this portion of the park had a place for grilling. Picnic tables lay with plates with half eaten food. The occupants hopefully had avoided the fire's wraith. There were burning chucks of metal embedded into one table. Bits of flame had already migrated onto the table itself, but had been unable to completely take over. It mattered little as the fire that had caught on the grass was already snaking it's way over to finish the job. Much like the scene on the bridge people were running and screaming. Some ran south others north as heat rose with the every inch that the fire spread. The firemen had arrived on the scene, but couldn't move closer with the people milling about. While their response had been quick their actual deployment was being delayed. The police had arrived from the opposite side and were trying to restore order or at least help the firemen through. No one saw James atop his perch as all eyes were locked on the growing firewall.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Fire's blazed all below the old dragon as he perched high on one of the buildings at the edge of the mayhem. There is no way that the humans will be able to control this if they don't quickly get to work trying to put out this mighty blaze. James could already see the why they hadn't already started fighting, the people were in a panic as they tried to escape and like lemmings they were crowding the line that was trying to get to the fire. To fight a wall of fire, the humans must first overcome a wall of bodies and flesh. James vanished from his perch as he flashed down to the ground between the civilians and the wall of flame. There was a good fifty feet between them and James intended to keep it that way.

Taking a few good breaths James started to hyperventilate expanding his lungs to their maximum volume, Then with one last draw he let loose a stream of flame right in the path of the inferno, This would stop the blaze from moving forward, but more than that it it would burn up anything that could burn long before the wall could move forward. If I could only make it hotter I could burn out the oxygen in the area and snuff these flames dead.

The old dragon closed his mouth as his line of flame burned a semi circle around the civilians behind him. With a sigh James shrugged off his coat and let it hit the ground, what had to be done next was going to cause more of a panic, but hopefully no one would recognize him. A roar echoed between the buildings as he started to change. With another roar his wings and tail ripped free of his flesh and James wasted no time in quickly beating his wings against his own flame putting it out and leaving a 3 yard wide strip of dead scorched earth.

Finally with most of the civilians safe James took back to the sky and circled the inferno. Where are you? He thought as he searched for the cause of the flame and explosion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)   [CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CB] Manhunt part II (Artemis,???)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2