The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

[CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) Empty
PostSubject: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:43 am

The black SUV circled it's way around the block through the midday traffic. The windows of the vehicle were tinted dark enough to keep even the sun's rays from piercing. It wasn't too uncommon for such a car to be seen on the road, and yet there was an air about it that seemed ominous. Ever so often a driver's eye was drawn to the dark vehicle as they made their daily commute. In the end they would disregard it and continue on their way. After several turns the car took to the back streets and navigated the small alleyways through the city. Many minutes later the car stopped on the street. It barely fit in the white lines of the parking spaces. No one stepped out of the vehicle as the the engine wound down from it's long drive. Finally there was a click as the passenger side door swung open. A black stiletto heel came down onto the uneven pavement. The second joined it and the owner of the lovely legs connected to the spikes came into view. Pale skin framed by raven black hair. She stood for a moment in her purple top, she radiated a coolness as she pulled the sunglasses from her face. Squinting she gazed up at the sun, then around at the surrounding buildings.

Spoiler:

"Are you sure this is the place?" she asked as she slammed the door behind her. The vehicle shook as the door shut, and the driver's door opened. up. The first thing out of the door was a black cane. This was quickly followed by fine leather shoes. White hair popped into view as the occupant stepped out.

Spoiler:

"Yes, I'm sure." Came the response from the man as he gently closed the door behind him. He leaned on the black cane for a moment his hand resting on the silver cap at it's head. Two of the fingers holding the cane hooked on a briefcase handle. "I checked the map twice." The fair voice continued. The man's hand shaded his eyes from the light as he looked up and down the block. His hand came back down and he dug into his pocket for the keys to the SUV and pressed the button on the black remote. The car honked as the alarm activated. The woman was already on the sidewalk her arms crossed over her chest. She looked less than happy as the man smiled at her and slowly joined her. "It should be this way." he said and made his way north along the sidewalk. In less than a block the woman's sour expression worsened. Some man going the opposite direction leered at her. The man gave a smile and the man averted his gaze and kept walking. Chances were he stopped to look at her ass after passing them. She could feel his gaze. They walked in silence until the man stopped and pointed toward a building with his index finger.. "There it is." He said the briefcase dangling from his hand. She followed his finger to the building not much further down the pavement.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Dust motes danced in the light as James swept the sidewalk in front of his newly renovated dojo, a sign above the double doors read “The Dragon's Nest.” A chuckle escaped his throat as he read the sign again, This time around I am as subtle as bull in a china shop; if anyone asks I guess I could tell them that I merely mean to teach people the art of dragon style kung-fu. He looked up and down the sidewalk and frowned, after being gone for two years no one had bothered to keep their trash and filth off the ground. It wasn't that big a deal normally but it just looked bad trying to keep a respectful dojo in a neighborhood that looked trashed out.

With a heavy sigh he took up his broom and started to quietly push it down the sidewalk gathering all the trash into one big pile as he worked. It wasn't the most rewarding job, but it made him feel better about himself. When it was done James looked down at the decent size stack of trash he had gathered and grinned, looking around to make sure no one was watching he quickly wrapped his hand in white flame and with a touch burned all of it to a small pile of ashes which would be swept up as soon as they cooled.

Clack...clack..clack....

James looked up to suddenly see a huge black SUV parked at the end of the road an ominous aura seemed to bleed from it; for some reason every nerve in James' body was telling him that trouble was coming. Looking around he finally spotted two people walking towards him one wearing the heels that he was hearing on the sidewalk. By human standards she was an attractive young woman and she knew it; you could see it in the way that she carried herself. This woman was used to men staring at her and giving her their undivided attention when she wanted it.

The other man was a bit more of a paradox, he was young yet he walked with a cane. His hair was white and his face told you that he was serious about whatever he was about to do. He doesn't walk like he depends on the cane, so it just raises the question as to why he carries it. The obvious answer would be as a weapon, but why would such a young man need to carry such a thing unless he is looking for trouble.

James face was drawn into a frown as he kept his head down and kept sweeping trying to play his look over at the young couple as nothing more than a curious glance from a no one. It wasn't all that unusual to believe for humans were a curious bunch of people always sticking there noses into other people's business.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:53 am

The woman continued to study the shabby structure then fell on the figure outside of it. A man was sweeping. Sweeping? She looked down at the dirty path. Him sweeping was like trying to stop the tides with a fork. She clicked her tongue as they continued to walk. The street was rather quiet. She had expected abit more activity, but she loathed to think of the people occupying such a place. Still she wouldn't want to stay in such a place for too long. Hopefully things would be over quickly. It only took second for them to approach the man that was cleaning. They stopped only a couple of feet shy of where the tall fellow had swept. The white haired man took a moment to adjust his shirt, then cast his eyes at the sign for the building.
"Dragon's nest." he muttered barely above a whisper and gave a small shrug. "I don't think that was in the file." He said more so to himself then those present. The woman has already observed the sign and had disregarded it. Not that it mattered what it was called. Her eyes studied the man instead. Decent build and shape. Definitely worked out, but there was something else.
"You there." she spoke directly at the man sweeping. "Do you know the owner of this place? We need to speak to him." Her companion looked over at the women then tucked his cane under his arm. He then opened his briefcase and started to dig through the papers within.
Seconds later he emerged from behind the open briefcase with a tan folder with several papers within. After closing the case it switched places with the cane. The man now leaned against the cane, and the woman's right hand rested on her hips as she brushed an errant strand of hair from her face with her left. "Do tell him it is very important." The woman finished.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:17 am

James frowned when the woman indicated that they were looking for him, but he smiled nonchalantly. “I honestly don't know ma'am this place had been closed down until recently when an older gentleman bought it and started restoring it as a dojo. However, from what I can see from the coffee shop across the way there, this place doesn't get much business. Occasionally he has a few kids go in there and throw down with him personally but he never has a set class.”

He smiled and reached back into his pocket and pulled out a coupon for coffee and offered it to the woman, “Why don't stop by and have a cup?” James winked, “On me.” James propped up against his broom as he watched the young man dig through his briefcase and come out with a folder, his heart dropped. These people are looking for me, but for what reason? They have a folder on me, but there is no telling what it says or how far back there research goes....Guess there is always the direct approach.

“So why are you looking for the old man that runs this place? He owe you money or something?” James grinned then pretended to look around like he was looking for any dirt in the immediate area that he might of missed. What he saw quickened his heart, he had missed a bit of ash right there at the young man's feet. Great maybe they will think their standing in the middle of a smoker's ash pile...
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:22 am

While her companion smiled at the man's explanation the woman had a look of complete disdain. She took a half step back from the offered coupon. It was if James was a leper and his had raised his diseased hand toward her. The white haired man was quick to step in.
"Now, now Mr Cadwallader no need to play coy. We had extensive information about you." To punctuate this he waved the folder that was in his hands. The papers inside flopped back in forth. "Honestly I'm quite impressed you'd try and hide your identity in this kind of situation." He said raising his hands up slightly to clap softly. The woman only looked blankly from the white haired man then to James. Her ears reddened.
"My friend here doesn't have a sense of humor." he said with a grin, to that comment the woman jerked her head back towards the white haired man. "I would ask you to apologize for your little charade and we can get on with things; but I think she deserves it for not reading over the file." The man gave a bow. "No then; as my lovely companion stated, we do have some business to attend to." As he rose from the bow he looked up and down the street several times. "Perhaps can we do this this inside? I think this matter is better handled in private. It is quite warm out here, and it is a personal matter after all." Again the man smiled. The woman said nothing, but continued to glare at James. The hostility came off her in waves.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 2:58 am

James half smiled as he looked at the young man, “Well you certainly do your homework, hell if I was still a teacher I would be impressed, sadly though I find that very little impresses me lately.” He picked up his broom and motioned for them to follow as he walked into his dojo kicking off his shoes as he stepped onto the hardwood floor and didn't even miss a step. It was the kind of grace that only came from years of practice.

Once he was standing in the middle of the dojo her turned to watch the two mysterious visitors. “So you obviously know me, but I am at the disadvantage. I don't know either of you fine people, and I do count myself pretty good with faces and names.” James crossed his arms as he looked over the two once more. The young man doesn't look all that powerful which is why he would logically carry that cane. A weapon to make up for his lack of strength or skill. The woman though....she is something of an enigma...she would either be the muscle of the group or she is just gonna be a distraction.

A low growl rumbled in James' throat, Distraction or not the odds are still in there favor being two against one, especially if they know the extent of what I really am. Clearing his throat and his head James regained his composure. “So you said you had matters to discuss...what sort of matters?”
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 5:27 am

There was only a smile on the man's lips as he was offered praise for their discovery of James' true identity. Indeed it wasn't too impressive when you had a picture of the man in question. The woman was less than thrilled to be made of fool of by both men. When the tall man led them inside the white haired man motioned for the woman to go ahead of him. Before entering the dojo the man cast another look up and down the street then stepped inside. In the short time he had paused both James and the woman had proceeded into the dojo proper. They stood facing one another in the center of the room. While James had taken the time to remove his shoes the woman had failed to do so. With her shoes on she was only a few inches shorter than James. She stood there her arms crossed waiting for her companion. The man in question was busy fumbling with his shoes. He had a hard time at first as he tried to juggle his briefcase, the folder, and cane before setting them all down. Sliding his shoes off he picked up his items. The cane made no sound on the floor as he walked over to James.

"Ah yes, where are my manners?" the man said as he drew closer hearing James' less than subtle request for their names. The man gave a small bow. "My name it Kagari." He rose and gestured to the woman "And this is my associate Ziva." he said. "Do you think we can sit down? I rather not do all this standing." Kagari commented as he looked about for some place to sit. He stopped scanning the room as he heard the growl issue from James. Ziva raised an eyebrow as she looked at James then over to Kagari. The white haired man shared the look. "We came to talk about you of course." he added."I assure you we mean no harm to you, rather offer you an opportunity."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:10 pm

James sighed as he watched the young man fumble with his shoes, the woman however didn't even bother to take her shoes off. It was a bit of an annoyance, but James had learned in his old age to not get mad over the small thing; especially when you are dealing with someone who didn't understand local etiquette. When the man introduced the two with a small bow James returned the bow out of reflex.

When Kagari asked about somewhere to sit James frowned, the cane obviously did serve a piratical purpose after all. “Follow me, there is a small office in the back. And Ziva please be so kind as to remove your shoes, I don't want to damage my new floor.” James turned and made his way to the small office he kept in the back, when he entered he gestured to the couch against the wall as he sat on the front of the rickety desk. The office was rather cluttered at the moment and everything had a bit of dust on it from all the renovations that had been taking place in the dojo.

“I do apologize for the mess, I only just acquired this building and it needs a lot of work.” Gesturing to the couch James smiled again careful not to reveal his teeth, “Please have a seat you two....Now what business could you two possibly have with a dojo owner that barely scrapes by?” James leaned back placing his palms on the desk to keep himself from falling off his desk.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:59 am

"Hahyun" Ziva said evenly "Ms. Hahyun, I don't recall giving you permission to address me so informally." She shot a glare at Kagari who frowned then bowed in apology.
"I am sorry." he said "Mr Cadwallader. Lady Ziva Hahyun if you would please." The man reintroduced the woman with a bit of a flourish and wave. Ziva didn't smile in the slightest, but turned away from the bowed white head.
"And I will not walk barefoot on this floor." She finished as she followed some distance behind James. Her foot steps seemed louder as she made her way across the floor as she approached the office. Kagari on the other hand was silent as a whisper as he moved to follow. Indeed Ziva noticed the mess and as such barely moved some distance from the doorway rather than stir up more dust. She looked skeptically at the couch that James had offered and decided to remain standing. Karagi on the other hand moved over to the sofa and eased himself down. He laid his briefcase and folder on his lap and his cane to the side. He coughed abit from the small swirl of dust he caused, but recovered quickly.

"Ah, yes, let's get down to it then." He said crossing his hands over his occupied lap. "Mr Cadwallader you are not what you seem." he stated. "You aren't the humble teacher you make yourself out to be." His right hand idly opened the folder and flipped through pages of numbers and then to pages of text. "Even right now I can feel the flow of energy from your body. At a glance no one would suspect you for nothing more than a normal human, but....." he held up a picture, and old picture with a striking resemblance to James. "You must have quite the family, since so many of the men look the same." Another picture was held up. "Different names, different places, different times. All quite the same."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2013 12:09 pm

Listening to Ziva's little outburst he almost burst out laughing, Humans and there pathetic titles, just because someone a few generations ago was favored by someone of importance they think that the title should earn them respect. “If you don't wish to sit Ziva that is fine by me, but don't go demanding respect just because of your title as Lady. When you earn it for yourself then it is worth something.” James' face was serious as he turned to face Kaguri who was leafing through the files when he held up a picture of him, his heart dropped.

James frowned, this was one of the worse possible things that could happen. Someone or a group of someones had connected the dots between all of his aliases through the years and even had the patience to dig up pictures. Looking through the pictures was even more troubling, these weren't just from the last few years these went all the way back to before World War II. I knew this day would come eventually when someone put two and two together, however, I never thought they would have me cornered like this.

Looking back up at the two visitors to his dojo James had a false smile on his face, “Well you certainly have done your homework, I am really quite surprised that you can even feel the spiritual presence that I give off, but I am afraid the rest of this you have all wrong. These men are my decedents, you can see the resemblance quite clearly.” James picked up one of the photos, “Hm this is really quite interesting I never knew how far back my family went or that we were involved in so much history.”

Looking back at Kaguri, “So what is it that you two really want from me? Sure I am spiritually aware, but that is about all there is. Aside from seeing ghosts and other things it really isn't that big of a deal; more of a curse do you know how annoying it is to be woken up in the middle of the night by a ghost?”
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 12:44 am

Kagari snickered at James comment to Ziva. It was obvious that they weren't going to get along in the slightest. His amusement of the situation grew by the second. Lady indeed He had only stated such in sarcasm, but it seemed the other man had taken it literally.
"Listen to him." Ziva scoffed walking closer to the man on the couch "He talks of respect and shows none. No, I didn't read the files." She swatted the pictures from Kagari's hands. The stacks fell about the floor like snowflakes. "But I know what you are; a freak." She turned away from James and looked to her companion. "We tried to be nice about this, but seems he's not worth saving. Those animals can have him, he can die like a dog for all I care." Kagari clicked his tongue as woman said her piece.

"Now, now Ziva. More flies with honey." he quickly turned to James "No offense, of course." then back to the woman. "Can't write off a potential ally simply because a little misunderstanding. Being the ambassadors of peace and friendship we have to over look such things." Ziva snorted. "Surely it's for the greater good. You can at least admit that much." The woman gave no response save for moving back towards the doors. Kagari sighed. "Well as my associate less than eloquently stated, you are in danger Mr Cadwallader. We represent people with a wide array of interests. For the most part we are content to keep the status quo, but there have been some recent troubles with a certain group. At first we thought nothing of it, but these people have started to become more and more active." He looked about at the scattered papers looking for something, but shrugged as he gave up finding it. Instead he leaned back on the couch. "You see they have an interest in people such as you, mainly killing them. Those that do join become enslaved and experimented on." He gave a groan and shook his head. "Nasty business really. They've gained enough power and connections to be elevated from mild annoyance into a full fledged festering boil."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 1:43 am

James grinned inwardly as he watched Ziva throw a fit, “I show no respect, because I demand none from either of you.” He grinned suddenly his entire being seemed far more feral than it had been just a heartbeat before, “Trust me, if I did demand respect you would show it; of that I have no doubt in my mind.” James stood up and looked at the pictures and papers scattered all over the room some were death records; others were police reports of him going missing and presumed dead.

These two really did there homework, or someone did it for them? Who could of put all this together; these alias' had nothing in common they never stayed in the same place for more than five years and they never held the same type of job. Some of my aliases were even nothing more than a homeless wanderer for a few years. Kaguri's voice brought him back to the reality at hand. So someone is hunting gifted humans? Not the first time someone has tried to round up a minority of people to experiment and kill them...

James had a serious look on his face as he addressed this new interest, “So where do I fit in as an ally, like I said I have no special skills other than simply being able to see spirits? I cant inneract with them physically or shoot fireballs from my hands or anything like that. What use would you and Ziva have with a guy like me?”
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 2:54 am

The man in the white haired threw back his head and laughed. Ziva was less than amused at the man's continued use of her first name. He was just being juvenile now, she simply ignored him. He would probably be dead within the week.
"What you say doesn't match what I just felt, Mr Cadwallader." Kagari stated with a smile. "One would think someone that's lived as long as you would be much better at lying. " He had sensed the change in the man's spiritual pressure. Definitely not something you would expect from someone that could only see spirits. Kagari lifted his hands in surrender. Was he really trying to pretend to be a simple man? "Fine, I won't pry, I'm sure someone that's been around as long as you have is bound to want to keep their secrets." He lowered his hands and leaned back into the couch. "But those I'm talking about won't care that you claim to be of little significance. They won't try to reason with you."

"As for your role, it's simple; help us eradicate them." Kagari said with a jerking motion across his throat. "I mentioned their gaining of power and connections. The things is if we use our conventional forces it will erupt into an all out war. And yes I mean war. This won't be some petty street corner brawl. Much like you; our group has been known to keeping in the shadows. A fight the puts the public and general populace in danger, as well as alert them to our presence is something to be avoided." he stated flatly. "That's why we've been going about trying to recruit supers" Kagari looked over at Ziva."like yourself to our side. Even if they decide not to join us, the least we can do is warn them." the man finished.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 3:48 pm

James stood up and his spiritual power fluxed, he was used to being hunted, but he would not sit by while someone hunted other gifted humans. He had seen himself as something of a guardian for those who couldn't fight themselves for all of his life, but now it seems he was genuinely needed. “So who are these so called hunters?” James' voice was struggling for control, he knew that most gifted humans had no idea how to control their gift only about twenty percent actually honed their skill enough for combat. When James felt like his hands were on fire he looked down and realized that his nails were starting to dig into his palms, he had to calm down. Sitting back on the desk he let out a heavy sigh, “Okay Kaguri you have me interested, you want me to hunt down and eradicate this group. Do you really know what you are asking?” a twinge of disappointment rang in his voice, James hated to go on the offensive especially if it risked exposing his true form.

James stopped, Kaguri still held onto the idea that he was much older than he let on...James only shook his head in amusement, “Yes, I have always been a terrible liar when it comes to trivial matters, but do you have any idea how old I really am? How much I have seen? How much I have lost? How much blood I have on my hands? If this turns out to be some scheme to harm innocents I promise you I will hunt down you and your accomplices.” James kept a polite face as he addressed both Kaguri and Ziva.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 5:46 pm

"Again with the threats..." Ziva muttered, Kagari raised his hand to silence her. She rolled her eyes, but didn't say anything more.
"Is that what you really think this is about Mr Cadwallader?" The man questioned. "If we wanted to do anyone bodily harm why announce it? As I said our organization is one that's content to stick to the shadows. Have you considered what that means? Should we need to attack or kill someone, it would be impossible to trace it back to us. It not something we often do, but mind you it's not that difficult to hide such things. I'm sure in your years you've seen strange incidents. Fires, car crashes, and the like. Those are the kind of tactics they used in the past. That's only if we truly desired such a thing. The reason we sought you, and others like you, out is we wish to prevent that." He looked the man over. "Nowadays we try to negotiate through problems. Every man has his price, so we do our best to find it. Sure money doesn't buy loyalty, but it's better than the alternative."

Kagari eased himself off the couch and crouched upon the floor. Slowly he began gathering the papers that had fallen. "Tracking them hasn't been easy." Kagari began. "They work like a flash mob; a call goes out with a location and time. They gather, they attack and then vanish. Guerrilla war tactics. Other times the attacks are like a bulldozer they simply level a place within moments. Huge collateral damage." He tapped the small stack of papers in his hand against the ground to straighten them. "We don't know when and where they will strike, but we do know who and what they might be after." He gave a weak smile. "To put it simply by contacting supers and warning them we gain eyes and ears in an area. Our resources are vast, but if you look in every direction at once you might miss the big picture." He reached into his shirt and pulled out a business card. On it was his name and a phone number. "Should you hear anything please call this number. If I don't pick up it will be relayed to closest person in the area. At the same time if we should need you we'll call."
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 7:51 pm

James took the card a disappointed frown on his face, he had been hoping for something more direct. Instead he had been stuck with reconnaissance; not the best thing for an impatient dragon. “So Kaguri, Ziva, you never did tell me who it was we were fighting against and who you two work for. From what you have told me it sounds like you are chasing a group like the Illuminati. I am here to tell you now that they are nothing more than a myth created in the shadows of corrupted governments when they can't or won't explain the problems of their own government.” James stood to walk the two back out to the entrance. All I have to do is keep my eyes open for anything suspicious, easy its just like a normal day. But how are they gonna mobilize their resources fast enough to fight someone who uses hit and run tactics?

James frowned as he realized the major flaw in their plan, “Kaguri if you find out about one of their attacks how do you plan on responding fast enough before its over? If all your people are doing is recruiting eyes and ears then you are spreading your line thin watching outward when you need to be looking in watching for the attack that is bound to come. Better yet lead them to you...they want superhumans then give them a superhuman, have someone cause a scene attract as much attention in the shadow world as possible.” James grinned, “Then just have a strike team ready to converge on the spot as soon as whoever or whatever shows up to capture the bait.”
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 9:58 pm

It was Ziva's turn to laugh at James. She did so with gusto. She moved away from the door as he approached. Kagari was too busy retrieving the last of his papers.
"See I told you it was a bad idea." She said "He wants to cause just a big a ruckus as they do. Blow up a house or two is bound to get their attention, right? Why not just light up the whole block? Or maybe we should put some baby heads on spikes to scare them away?" Kagari shook his head as the woman spouted her nonsense.
"A bit extreme, but she does has a point." Kagari said as he slowly stood with his papers. Ziva smiled at the comment. "We hope to settle things quietly and with as little damage as possible. Making some noise might get some critters out of the bushes, but that's not ideal. Think of it more like fishing. We have the bait, we only need to wait for the fish to bite. We just need for you to wait and watch. And should the need arise; help with the attack." He gave the papers a final tap before setting them back into the folder. "I'm sorry I can't tell you more than that. Should they capture you we can't information leaked." Kagari then opened the briefcase and put the folder inside. Closing the case he stood up and places the offered business card on the edge of the desk James had been leaning against.

Ziva had grabbed Kagari's cane and held it out to him. The man took it and smiled.
"But if you really must know who we are; I guess you could call us a myth Mr Cadwallader. A myth created in the shadows of corrupted governments. Something older than you are." For a moment his voice trialed off. "Well, I dare not tell you our enemy's name. From your suggestion I have a feeling you'll seek them out on your own. That being said I hope we can count on your support." Kagari said as he leaned on the black stick. "Our enemies aren't to be trifled with Mr Cadwallader. Please be sure to call if you hear or see anything suspicious. We'll see ourselves out." He gave a small bow as he walked through the door with Ziva in tow her heels clicking against the floor.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 1:37 am

James growled as Ziva laughed at him, the woman had been looking for an excuse since he had first humiliated her. But her presumption was wrong by far, “You have no idea what you speak of mad'am, I had no intention of being the bait, as I recall its supposed to be the young wench that attracts the beast from its layer.” James grinned, “I am sure I can find a rock to chain you too if you want volunteer for that privilege. However you would have to work on being quiet...your nonsensical ramblings might give away the fact that you really are nothing more than bait for the trap.” James grinned, sure it was very out of character for someone who was six hundred years old to be that petty. However at this moment; James felt that it was worth it.

Letting out a heavy sigh James listened to Kaguri, he seemed to be a lot wiser for a human that appeared so young, while he explained Ziva's reasoning James could only nod. Finding no fault in his logic as far a human went but still James hated to wait for an attack when he could bring the attack to the enemy. When Kaguri spoke of his organization as a myth made up in the shadows of governments and how they were much older than he was; James only laughed.

“You know, from one myth to another I wouldn't assume you know my age. Photography has only been around since the mid-1850's and its only in the last 75 years that it's been able to take a picture in an instant that could be done with the subject in motion. So as far as you know I am only as old as your oldest pictures.” James grinned as he held the door open for Ziva and Kaguri, “I will be keep my eyes open and my ear waiting for a call, but if it is me they come after don't get in the way. You don't want to be in the same room as me when I get angry.”
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:36 pm

The black and white haired couple made their trek back to their waiting vehicle. It wasn't until they were only a couple of feet from the car did they decide to speak.
"So do you think he'll call us?" Ziva asked her feet continued to click across the sidewalk. She gazed past Kagari back at the little building that James called a dojo. "I don't think he'll be of much use." she said as she walked to the passenger side door. It took a few more moments for Kagari to reach the driver's side and unlock the vehicle.
"Perhaps." Kagari said with a small smile. It was his turn to look back at the building before digging into his pocket. He let the cane drop to the ground as his right hand fished out the keys. With a click of the button on the remote the lights flashed and the doors unlocked. Kagari bent down and retrieved his cane with two fingers. His other hand pulled the handle and opened the door. Ziva had already stepped in the still cool interior. "I have a feeling he'll be calling us before we call for him." The white haired man said as he slid the briefcase behind his seat and then the cane. The streets had become busy again, people were walking along the sidewalk on the opposite side of the road. Kagari looked at the dojo again before stepping into the vehicle himself. "Let's go get some lunch." he said slamming the door behind him. Ziva only nodded as he inserted the key and started the engine. The SUV purred to life. Seconds later it backed up and headed down the block.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)   [CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[CB] Manhunt part I (Artemis)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Real World :: Karakura Town-
Jump to: