The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

My Character: Inara Calhoun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MsDrWhovian

MsDrWhovian

Female
Number of Posts : 10
Job/Interests : Central Texas Conference Service Center/Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
Quote : Fear the zombie wasps!
Registration Date : 2013-04-27

My Character: Inara Calhoun Empty
PostSubject: My Character: Inara Calhoun   My Character: Inara Calhoun I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2013 11:37 pm

Fullbringer Template

Name: Inara Calhoun

Race: Caucasian

Birthplace: Scandinavia, Norway/Sweden

Height: 6’0”

Weight: 156 lbs.

Appearance:
Spoiler:
She is tall and slender and wears a black sweater and leggings. Her hair is long and dark, a bit messy on the ends, but generally well kempt. Her eyes are icy blue and she wears deep red lipstick. She wears a silver cross on a chain around her neck.

Personality: When she is in her shop, she is generally calm because she is in an environment that she can control and because it’s usually very quiet and calming. However, she does have the tendency to be quick-tempered. For instance, if someone should walk into her shop that makes her uncomfortable or she had given specific instructions never to come in again, she gets very defensive very quickly. Those who observe her in a controlled environment say that she’s very shy because she doesn’t talk to people that often. However, anyone who has known her for an extended period of time will tell you that she’s simply observing your actions and calculating you to determine what kind of person you are.

Special Characteristics: She underwent extensive training in the art of fencing since she was 4. Is exceptionally skilled in Salvator Fabris and Capoferro. She also has exceptional intuition. She can distinguish whether a person has good intentions or bad intentions, however, the drawback is she cannot determine what the intentions are exactly. She is also skilled in mixing healing remedies.

Stats: (You begin with 60 stat points to distribute around each of the four different attributes.)

Spirit Power: 15

Speed: 25

Technique: 25

Fighting Skill: 15

Special Power

Item of Affinity: Inara wears her father's silver cross which turns into a rapier.

Techniques/Abilities: (What are the techniques, or abilities that this item gives you? Example: Orihime can heal, and make shields. Please list the abilites, and describe them. Okay everyone starts with a basic 3 techniques and at Rank 3 and Rank 6 you are allowed to add more, please read the ability rules for more information. Your powers should be relatively low powered. Please be descriptive of these abilities.)

Ability 1:  Streamline Thrust  -  Using her rapier as a focal point, Inara generates a current of air so fast and strong enough that it can punch through a brick wall.  [Duration: 1 post.  Cool down: 1 posts.]

Ability 2: Njord's Wrath – Inara focuses her spiritual energy down the length of her blade causing the next three swings of her blade to send off blades of air sharp enough to sheer rocks.  [Cool down – 1 posts.]

Ability 3:  Demon in the Fog – Inara generates a rolling fog that encompasses 20 meters to hide herself in then while her opponent is disoriented she can either attack or make her escape from the battle.  [Duration: 5 posts. Cooldown: 3 posts.]

History: Inara’s mother was an herbalist who made healing potions and her father was a master fencer who taught Inara everything he knew. Inara was very close to her father, all of her favorite childhood memories were of the two of them going to their special spot in the woods where the trees and leaves had been cleared out so they could spar. He always wore a silver cross around his neck that transformed into a rapier, the most beautiful sword Inara had ever seen. She loved her father very much, but he had a weak stomach. Her mother began to mix a healing potion to give to her father to help with his stomach. However, his condition began to get worse to the point that he would vomit violently until one day, when she was 11, he died of dehydration. Inara’s sense of intuition sparked that day when she began to suspect that the “healing potions” she had been mixing for her father had something to do with his death. She found the empty vials that her mother gave to her father; some of them still had a little bit of liquid in the bottom. She had taken it upon herself to study herbs and their effects, so she tasted the liquid. When her tongue began to go numb and she started to feel queasy, she knew that her mother had been giving her father monkshood, that’s why he only got worse. Her mother had been poisoning him. Filled with rage, she grabbed her father’s silver cross that he gave to her on his death bed and went after her mother. That was the first time Inara ever held a real sword in her hand, and using all of the techniques her father taught her, she cut her mother to ribbons. Then she cut fresh monkshood from the garden and stuffed it into her dead mother’s mouth. Then she left that house of death, clothed in all black in mourning for her father, wearing his cross around her neck so he would always be with her, and so he would always be her source of power.

After she left her home in Scandinavia, she ran away to Romania to escape authorities. It took her 2 years to walk to Romania. When she got there, she opened up a herbal remedy stand, which is not an easy task for a girl of 13; but eventually she became more skilled at herbal remedies and she opened up a shop when she was 19. This shop also became her home with a garden in the back. She used what she learned from her mother for good, but she never let her fencing skills wane. She goes to the garden every evening when she closes shop to practice, and goes to sleep every night stroking the silver cross as a single tear falls down her cheek.

Role Playing Sample: Inara sat behind the counter of her shop, calmly snipping away at her bonsai. It was a very quiet in the shop today. Then she heard the jingle of the door opening she smiled warmly as she started to look up, until she heard the familiar clomp of those boots that she had heard too many times in her shop. Her smile twisted into a scowl, “Cezar,” she said coldly. He was a very large man with a very large appetite for beautiful women, and Inara had become his latest target.

“I thought I told you I never wanted to see you again,” she barked.

Cezar’s lips curled over his yellow teeth, “No no, you misunderstand me. You see, I’m looking for a potion,”

“What kind of potion?” Inara inquired, her blood already starting to boil.
Cezar leaned in, “A love potion, one for a very lovely Scandinavian woman.”

Filled with red-hot rage, Inara yanked the silver cross off her neck as it turned into a rapier and she thrusted her blade forward. A strong pulse of wind from the tip threw Cezar into a vial shelf on the other side of the wall and she pressed the tip of her sword to his throat.

“I’ll spare your life this time, but if you ever come near me again, I will NOT stay my hand. Do you understand me?”
Afraid for his life, Cezar nodded frantically and slinked out of the shop, pulling shards of broken glass out of his scalp.
Inara’s rapier turned back into a cross and she put it back around her neck as she looked down at the broken vials. “What a mess,” she sighed.

Last edited by MsDrWhovian on Wed May 01, 2013 11:41 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My Character: Inara Calhoun   My Character: Inara Calhoun I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 12:52 am

Last ability is questionable. A temporary bonus of undefined duration. Usually with starting skills the most a bonus is 5 for a single stat. For two would require a trade off or at least fixed range. Story wise most Fullbring have their power manifest through an object making it a conduit for their abilities. In this case the cross becoming a sword would be a result of her power awakening. Of course that's based on canon, but hard to say if such a thing can be passed on since it's the user that creates the change (in this case the father)
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: My Character: Inara Calhoun   My Character: Inara Calhoun I_icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:56 pm

APPROVED

CURRENT RANK - 0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Character: Inara Calhoun   My Character: Inara Calhoun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Character: Inara Calhoun
Page 1 of 1