The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Artemis

Artemis

Male
Number of Posts : 447
Registration Date : 2010-12-25

Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) Empty
PostSubject: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 12:26 am

James grinned as he looked up at the old building that he used as his dojo for so long, after so long I finally come back to this part of the world; it is good to see the building undisturbed. He walked up to the door and with a minor thought fed his aura into the lock to turn the tumblers before pushing the door open; to anyone unaware of his gifts it would of looked like James just walked up and pushed a lock door open. If the police showed up later James would deal with the issue easily having signed papers to transfer the building from his old alias Jacob to himself; he would simply be a young man who just inherited the building.

Once he was inside James looked around with a desolate expression, the building had been left unused for near two years and the building itself felt dead. This room had once been filled with students working to train their bodies and minds for the struggles life held, but now it felt abandoned. Walking over to the wall James tried to flip the lights on only to realize, that even though he had a set up an account that would take care of all the bills associated with the building they still cut his power. I bet if I check the account they are still taking the money. James growled and pulled out his phone quickly dialing the power company, after about fifteen minutes they finally explained that even though the bill was paid since power wasn't being used for over a year that they went ahead and shut it off. However, they would have it up and going within the hour.

Over the next few days James worked getting his old dojo back into presentable shape, polishing the hardwood floors till they shined, scrubbing the mats clean of dirt and dust, and even reorganizing his office so that he appeared to be a different person. He even broke down and got a new coffee maker deciding his old one had seen better days. With a grin he looked around the dojo, “I believe you are ready for students once more old friend.”
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male
Number of Posts : 25
Job/Interests : Make money smoke weed
Quote : God's Green Gift
Registration Date : 2013-04-14

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:08 am

Slader was running through the town early in the morning at a steady pace wearing only shorts and tennis shoes along with ankle socks, his hand were wrapped tightly in bandages and as he ran he knee'd and elbowed the air swiftly. Slader stopped as he saw a building he had seen before but it was not the same.

Slader glanced over the dojo looking into it for a moment he decided to walk in moving up to the door and pushing it open he would look around at the work done to the place it was a nice dojo, Slade looked at the man and gave a wave

Hello, very nice dojo you have here
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:25 am

James turned around when he heard someone at the door, when a young man entered bare-chested he frowned. It wasn't what he expected, but the smell of sweat was strong on the young man, he had been working out trying to keep his body in shape before entering the dojo. Though he didn't like the fact that one would visit his dojo in such casual attire. When he commented on the dojo it brought a smile to the old dragon's lips. “Why thank you, I only inherited this building a few weeks back when my uncle passed away. Although, I am trying to get it back in workable shape so I could carry on by teaching kids how to work through there problems with meditation through action.”

James reached out with his left hand in greeting, “I am James, by the way, owner and sensei of this dojo. Who might you be and why may I ask are you half dressed?” he looked the kid over one more time a disappointed frown on his face.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:33 am

Slader looked at the man as he spoke he was somewhat embarrassed by the frown the man was giving him he quickly ran out the door and around the corner moving quickly he was only gone for three minutes coming back with a tight fitting black shirt on he smiled at james.

The name is Slader

He would say walking deeper into the building looking around he would run his hand over everything feeling the material the building was made off. Slader's family had a nice dojo but he liked coming to different places to train plus he could feel a power from the man but could not quite put his finger on it.

What do you train here?
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 1:47 am

James grinned as the kid took off out the door, Well at least he doesn't argue with those who are older; that is a plus but it could become a hindrance if he wishes to train here. A man must be able to stand on his own values even when it comes to the way they dress. He looked down at his own clothes and grinned, everything from the black jeans to the button down shirt was his own; James had worn this look for the better part of 3 decades and no matter what he did or where he went he always fit in. Such a timeless look, but eventually I will have to change even my timeless look.

When the kid returned shortly he was wearing a tight black shirt and introduced himself as 'Slader' as he journeyed farther back into the dojo. When he asked about what he trained here James grinned, he couldn't possibly begin to list all the styles he knew and had forgotten over the years. “The training one receives here under my tutelage all depends on the students natural talent and aptitude.” James answered rather mysteriously satisfying the question without actually answering it. “Why is there something you would like to learn, Slader? All you have to do is ask.” James grinned he could sense that this kid had some talent, but how far that talent went all depended on him.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:00 am

Slader gave a chuckle turning to look at the man again, Slader walked up to a punching bag and placed his head on it breathing in slowly for a moment he threw a few elbows aimed at the punching back then he turned to face jame's once again.

i wish to learn the unknown james, what is hidden in these worlds

Slader would say running his hand over his braids keeping a calm look as he kept looking around the dojo it was big slader had to tell himself again, it was rare to have such a area just free for training maybe if slader got to know this man he could train his ability's here, but it was all to soon
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:15 am

James smiled, Slader had answered correctly to an unanswerable question. “To learn the unknowable, is a cause worth putting forth effort, in fact, most of what mortal men consider the unknown is really just the forgotten. However, learning the unknown is a life long journey that never ends, are you really ready to dedicate your life to learning what you do not know?” James spoke wistfully as he walked over to the bag Slader had been training on, he had thrown elbow slices at it, the style spoke of muy thai. The young man was obviously trained some, but what he really lacked was the experience that only came with age.

Spinning on his heel James brought his right leg up to hook the body of the practice bag behind his right knee as he sent it off its hook and into the wall behind it. “I can give you a decent start on you're training, but I warn you some of the things I will talk about you will want to say are nothing but myth and fantasy. However, whenever you are in this dojo you have my word that you will only hear the truth from me.” He turned back to face the young man as he slid both hands into his pockets. The bag behind him having been ripped from the force of the kick its innards were slowly spilling onto the floor.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:26 am

Quite a kick...

Slader said looking at the bag ripped apart, Slader could not help but wonder what the man meant by myth and fantasy, there was no way Slader could turn down this training he needed to find out more about this man he could be the key to unlocking the secrets Slader wanted to know.

Are you ready to start training?

Slader said smiling and jumping up on his feet lightly he wanted to get some training started now maybe he could get as strong as this man and possibly learn a new fighting style while he worked out. Also he could not help but think what this man meant by myths it was not a word used usually and only made Slader more intrigued by the man
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:44 am

James smiled, taking his right hand out of his pocket “We can start know if you wish, first off I want you to come at me with everything you have. I need to know where you stand in your own training before I begin to train you myself, don't worry about having to hold back I doubt you could injure me even if you wanted too.” James smiled knowing if things got out of hand he had his own aura to use as a matter of defense as well as keeping Clarent stashed away in his office just a few yards away. James Seriously doubted that he would need either, but if worse came to worse perhaps he could put the boy off balance long enough for him to regain control of the situation.

“While you fight me I also want you to consider a few things as well: What if all those stories of monsters you were told as a child were real? Can skill really make up for lack of experience? And if facing an opponent that is far more experienced than yourself how can you lead the fight in your favor easily?” James welcoming face morphed becoming one of a man who had seen more combat in his life than he cared to remember, his eyes which held joy a moment before were cold and indifferent. He wouldn't attack this boy but he wouldn't let him land an easy hit. “When you train in this dojo you will be expected to work your mind and soul, as well as, your body Slader. Are you sure you are up for it?”
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 2:58 am

Slader took a few steps towards the man then quickly darted towards james, he put his hand in a good position for blocking and striking, keeping his hands and arms ready for a wide variety of techniques, and making his shoulders ready for explosive movements. His wrist is in a position where he can easily strike or block, and the fingers are curled in with the index finger hooked out, which helps in trapping an opponent's arms while blocking.

Slader quickly made it to the man moving his hands back and forth looking as if he was holding a cup he would lift his leg up looking as if he was drunk and about to fall back he would lean forward with a elbow aimed at the side off james face along with his knee pointed upward to hit james in the ribs hopefully

As he attacked Slader's mind began to go to work what if all the monster's in the storys were real, who really cared he thought to himself but some thing were always messing with him like people with powers reports off vampires and other strange things
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 3:21 am

Drunken fist, very good for countering a wide variety of attacks and throwing your opponent off balance. He won't attack with any set rhythm so it makes predicting his attacks a bit more difficult, but not impossible. James grinned as Slader took his stance, when his elbow came in for a blow to the side James backhanded it with his open palm. When the knee came up towards his ribs James backpedaled a step and crouched down as he shot his left out to sweep Slader's other leg hoping to put the child on his back.

Straightening up James walked out into the middle of the floor. “You are well trained, for one so young however you lack the wisdom and patience to be a master. I told you to hit me with everything you have not to hold back.” He was attempting to get the young man angry he wanted to see what he really possessed and if he would show him willingly he would force it out of him. “If you can't follow a simple instruction then you have no place in this dojo.” James frowned as he held his right hand loosely at his side, “I won't hold anything against you if you wish to leave the journey to unknown knowledge is a daunting task even for the most disciplined mind.”
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 4:44 am

Slader flipped backwards to avoid the sweep to his legs he landed looking at james as he spoke, He wanted to see Sladers ability's and he would get his chance right now. Slader would begin looking around the room noticing the different things he could use to his advantage. He choose quickly running over to the wall and placing his hand on the brick looking at james.

Here i go then..

Slader would say as he absorbed the brick changing his body to the material he would charge at james and once close slader would quickly jump to james left and land on one knee reaching up to grabs james chin with a tiger claw, then switch to a elbow aimed at his midsection Slader would be stronger due to his brick form. There was no way Slader was gonna leave he was not one to give up and the more this man spoke the more intrigued slader became he still was thinking about what the man said about monster's off the night and if they were real.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:16 am

James smiled, finally this kid was going to use everything he had in his bag of tricks it was a bit surprising that the boy was able to absorb the brick and become living stone, but he hid the surprise from his face. I wonder if the transformation is all the way through or if its just a top layer and underneath he is still skin and bones, if I hit him hard enough to crack the bricks will it kill him or just slightly injure him. Better not risk killing this kid just yet. James frowned as he stood his ground. Raising his right arm James took his stance up once more, his left hand still in his pocket.

When Slader grabbed his chin in a tiger claw hold James couldn't help the grin spreading across his face. He knew that if he tried to move to retaliate that his jaw could possibly be snapped, but when he let go to try and deliver the strike to his midsection, James pulled his left hand out of his pocket and grabbed elbow with supernatural strength as he attempted to wrench Slader's arm up behind his back. “You know, kid that would have been a good tactic, except for two things. First...my kind don't fear any creature that still walks the Earth today. Second, I am not right handed.”

Letting him go James backpedaled once more retreating a few paces, now he held both arms relaxed at his sides a wide grin replacing the serious look on his face from before. “So is this all you can do? Change yourself into brick and mortar?” He laughed a bit “It certainly is different and it does give you a small advantage in a fight against another mortal, but I would find something harder to turn into that isn't as easily broken.”
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:26 am

Slader was impressed how easily the man dodged his attack which ended up getting slader caught and having his arm bent back by james, once free slader quickly spit into the air then lifted his palm shooting a blast of reishi through the spit and at James. The blast absorbed the spit and turned into lightning aimed at James midsection. The man was not impressed by Sladers ability's and it saddened the boy slightly.

I can't do much

Slader said changing back to normal and looking over at james, He already knew he would learn a lot from this man he was one off the many people that did not find Sladers powers weird he actually thought they were weak meaning he had seen others in some shape of form.

Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:48 am

James' grin was soon replaced with a look of anger as the young man fired a blast lightning, with a bestial grown the world seemed to slow down for him as his aura sprang to life forming around his arms and legs taking the form of the claws he had once worn with pride. Side stepping he seemed to vanish from site only to appear a breath later behind Slader a sharp aura claw at the kid's throat. Every base instinct he had told him to kill the threat, but in an instant that was gone as he dissipated his own aura.

“You can do plenty more than most mortals, but you aren't well versed in using your gifts and talents in tandem with each other. For instance, if you had used that lightning blast when you went for that last shot at my ribs it would have been to close for me to dodge it.” James spoke easily, “As for turning to brick, can you only turn to stone or can you absorb other elements such as steel? Because brick is fine and good, but if you are hit in the wrong, or the right spot, depending on your point of view you are gonna crumble.”

James smiled as he walked over to the side of the training area and grabbed a towel from a small closet and tossing it Slader, “All in all you are decent fighter, but like I said you need to learn patience and how to size up an opponent before you fight them.” James stopped and thought for a moment as he rubbed the back of his head. “I had to use my own gifts very briefly at the end there, can you perhaps tell me what you saw or did I move to fast?” he grinned seeing what the kid would guess was the nature of his powers.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:41 am

Slader looked at the man as he moved quickly towards him he gave a sigh and before he was done james was at his throat and then gone like that. Talking as if he was not close to making this a serious bout. Slader gave a small chuckle as the man gave him battle tips Slade had not really got the chance to use his abilitys he was afraid how most would react but after seeing the man he now knew he was not the only different human.

I can absorb any solid material, i even did diamond once

Slader said catching the towel and wiping his face then throwing the towel over his shoulder crouching to catch his breath. He listened to james then stood back up laughing a bit to himself he took the time to think back the man was fast but it was almost like slader's eyes adapted to he speed.

You were fast but i saw it, You grew claws at your hands and feet

Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:21 pm

James grinned, slader had it half right, he did have claws a moment ago but his hands and feet hadn't changed at all. “Well if I had claws only moments ago where are they now? Where is the evidence that I ever had anything more than the clothes on my back?” challenged the old dragon. He had hoped to make the boy put more thought into an answer before he blurted out what he could see, but obviously this one needed a special approach. “I asked you about myths and legends being real before we started that little demonstration. Now after seeing what you can do I suspect you possibly could believe in what most of your kind consider a myth.” James spoke calmly as he worked to roll up his sleeves to just above the elbow, his arms were corded in muscle but not enough that you would suspect that he worked out relentlessly if he wore concealing clothes.

“What you saw as claws were nothing more than my aura, an extension of my spiritual being, forced around my body and formed into weapons that are familiar to me.” turning his palm up James focused his white aura around his left hand forming the familiar claw over his hand. To those not looking for it, it did indeed look like his hand had become a claw, but if one looked close enough they could see his hand in the center of the claw mirroring the exact same movements the claw was making. “This form is very effective for combat and it even lets me use the best of my abilities, however it is very draining to fight like this for very long. I am having to constantly hold the concentration to keep a normally free flowing aura into a hardened form.”

James let his hold on the aura slip as he watched Slader, “Now that I understand a little of your abilities...I will ask you once more. What is it that you wish to learn here? The unknown? Or do you really just want to learn how to fight with everything you have?” James face was serious now, he had lived a long life and had seen many warlords come to power and fall. Too much blood was on the hands of those with power, even his own, he would not be responsible for unleashing another warlord onto this plain of existence.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 5:41 pm

If there was one thing that was sure it was that slader in no way shape or form was sure if he believed in myths off any kind. He watched james roll up his sleeves and form the claw once again but this time james took a few steps closer towards the man looking at his palm. He noticed how his hand was still inside but he still did not get what was happening, the man said it was 'an extension of his spiritual being'.

Slader took a moment to think after the mans question, he wanted to learn more about spiritual energy and these myths james kept on bringing up mabye it would lead to finding more people like the two off them. Slader kept a calm look on his face as he looked at James thinking off what to say he plopped to the ground with a small thud letting out a sigh as he shook him head and laughed a bit to himself.
I don't know what to say..
Mabye it was all to much at once or slader was just not cut out for this but his mind was blank and he had nothing to say he folded his arms around his legs and curled up looking down. "With how im acting this man surely won't want to train a person like me"

Slader thought to himself for a moment he really was pathetic he knew nothing about the things the james had spoke off and it simply caused him to feel depressed with his lack off knowledge.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 7:57 pm

Smiling James walked over and crouched next to Slader a comforting smile on his face, “It's okay, it happens to the best of us when the world we know it is shown to be nothing but an illusion, but if you want to learn the unknown you have to be prepared for it to happen over and over again.” he reached out to place a hand on the young man's shoulder. The young man was experience a type of culture shock as his mind withdrew and tried to cling to what he knew as rational. Poor kid, I remember when Charlemagne realized that humans weren't the only competing thing that inhabited this world that could rule it.

After a moment of silence James got to his feet and went to the coffee machine pouring two cups, before walking back into the dojo. Holding one cup out to the kid James tried to calm him “Here I find that when the world is crumbling this helps calm the mind.” Taking a drink from his own he savored it for a moment, “Fair warning I brew it a bit strong, but the effect is the same.” James crouched down folding his legs under himself this time as he sat cross legged in front of Slader.

“Okay first lesson...Things are not what they always appear to be. For instance, how old do I appear to be to your eyes?” James smiled, he was having to start at the very beginning. This young man is a teacher dream; he is a blank slate for one to teach, with that ability of his he has the potential to be one of the greatest champions of humans...or their worst nightmare. James frowned as he started to drift off in his own thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 10:21 pm

Slader listened close to the man, his words brought a steady ease to Sladers mind freeing him from the countless thoughts off what was real, what was reality. The small moment off silence felt like hours to Slader who watched closely as james got up and got the two off them coffee. He really did not care for coffee but drank it from time to time.

Thanks

Slader grabbed the cup and held it for a moment looking at james as he spoke, the man had quite a bit off wisdom slader could easily tell, he reminded him off his grandpa who always spoke the same way Myth this reality that Slader simply took his grandpas words in one ear and out the other.

You look like thirty, am i close

Slader said blowing his coffee and taking a drink, he gave a relaxing sigh as he felt the warm liquid move through his body. He could already tell he was wrong about the mans age he would not have asked the question if his age was normal.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 11:18 pm

James grinned, “Thirty...hm and here I thought I looked like I was twenty maybe even twenty-five.” He rubbed his chin and looked at his reflection in his coffee, Surely I don't look that old? Maybe this kid just cant guess a person's age by their looks. What am I worried about even if I do look thirty it is still a far better than a normal person would look at my age. “What would you say if I told you I was much much older than thirty? What if I told you that I was a spy for the allies in World War II or that I was there to pull the injured to safety on the beach at Normandy?” James' face was serious as his mind pulled him back into his memories.

He remembered the bullets zinging past his head and bouncing off his scales as they hit his chest and arms. When he reached a young man who had been shot in the legs, the smell of blood was strong as it called to his more primal instincts. He wanted to hunt, the blood brought forth the craving for fresh meat, for prey that would run when they realized that they were being hunted. Quickly he shook himself free of those feelings and out of his memories.

James had zoned out for a few minutes as his memories called him back to the past. “Going even farther back in history, would you believe me if I told you that Charlemagne was another special case like you? He was a very hot tempered child, but after his training with me he learned to control his gifts so that he could live a somewhat normal life. “ A grin spread across James' face when he realized he was rambling on and on and still didn't answer the question he meant to answer.

“I am not thirty, but as far as I can tell I am about 600...give or take a couple hundred years...my kind doesn't measure time the same way humans do.” James laughed a bit trying to ease any tension his answer might have caused.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 12:50 am

Slader gave a slight chuckle, James knew he did not look twenty five slader thought causing him to laugh in a loud burst. It took awhile but slader recalled his days in high school history class and gave a puzzled look. World war two, normandy all of these things were old very old and as Slader looked up he noticed how serious James was and knew right away the man had no reason to lie to a boy he had just met.

Hey old man snap back to reality.

Slader was say while the man was lost in thought though james must not have heard him cause he kept speaking about his past and Slader closely listened as he spoke off Charlemagne another off his students somebody Slader had learned about it was exciting to hear how much history this man had witnessed 600 years was a long time but there was one thing slader wanted to know so he looked the man in the eyes with a small smirk.

So what are you if your hot human old man?
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 1:48 am

James grinned, finally the question he had been waiting for “Well that question isn't very easily answered as I cannot offer you any proof of my answer as of yet other than what you have already seen. You see kid, I am nothing more than a story your parents told you of when you were a kid. I am the antagonist of every gallant time, the guardian to every precious treasure that was hidden away in a cavern somewhere. My kind has even been called kin to the fallen angel in some religions and guardians in others, no matter where you look my kind has always lurked in the shadows of society both trying to guide and destroy it.” James took a drink from his coffee simply to build up suspense of his answer.

“You see even though I appear to be human I am so much more...I am a dragon. Though I have been exiled from my own kind and my memory of them, as well as, my physical form has been sealed away so that I can't find them and save them from themselves.” James frowned not wanting to delve any deeper into that particular darkness.
Back to top Go down
Slader

Slader

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 16, 2013 6:15 pm

It was not what slader thought the man would say, calling yourself a dragon was serious and it only made james that much more likeable. Slader took a sip from his cup then placed it on the ground next to him, for a moment he just gave a set off gazes around the room then looked back at james with a straight face, He wondered how a dragon got their physical form sealed but by looking at james and seeing his adorned frown he choose not to speak off it anymore instead he stood up grabbing his coffee and walking around taking small sips every now and then. His drink had cooled down so it was easier to drink.
So how long have you had this place i can tell it was recently fixed up i only live a few blocks away

It was the reason Slader had walked into this place he noticed it was renovated and his curiosity caused him to barge in. Slader sat his cup down and walked up to a punching bag doing a high spin kick which sent the bag flying just like james had did prior, Slader simply wanted to show off to his new teacher so he looked back with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Artemis

Artemis

Male

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 12:53 am

“This place...I have always owned the property, although it hasnt been till the last decade or so that I built this dojo on the land. Every few years I sell it to a mysterious buyer and lock it up, then when everyone has forgotten my face I come back and open it again.” James grinned as he waved his arm around the dojo, “This is one of my safe houses, I keep a small room in the back where I can sleep and recuperate if I am unable to get back to my home.”

James took a long drink from his coffee, as he watched the young man demonstrate his skill on the practice bag like he himself did before he had given Slader his test. James' trained eye could see it all as it unfolded in slow motion, the way the muscles in his entire body tensed as Slader started raise his leg for the kick. The kid does show promise...at least in the martial area of combat. James grinned as he repeated an earlier thought, He is losing a lot of power though if he would turn his other foot out and let his weight pivot on his hips and opposite leg... James shook his head he was starting to critique the boys show of power; Slader had the knowledge and skill to fight, but he lacked the experience and wisdom to use it to its full extent.

“You are good, kid, but you have to learn to mix your styles so that you don't rely on one stance or another. When you fight like that your mind starts to fall into subconscious patterns and those patterns can be read and figured out by a seasoned fighter. In a real fight, pattern can mean life and death.”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)   Opening Up the Dojo (Slader) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opening Up the Dojo (Slader)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next