The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rev

Rev

Male
Number of Posts : 56
Registration Date : 2010-11-03

Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] Empty
PostSubject: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 3:54 pm

The medic stared at the man in the bed, She still couldn't believe it. This man suffered acid burns down to the bone in some places, the heated fume scorched his eye to the point they had to blindfold him to prevent any further damage. But what she found the most odd, all through the healing process the mans retetsu continuously fought every form of help. She shook her head, sighing. "Well Mister" she paused for a moment, flipping through the mans paperwork. Frustrated she put his chart back into its bedside holder, when her eyes caught the dagtag around his neck. "Rev huh? What an odd name. Your one tough bastard" She said, straightening her coat.

As the woman left the room, Rev turned his head. He tried to open his eyes, only to find he couldn't. He tried to move his arms, but his pain stopped him. He felt something next to his right hand, he twisted his arm to find his sword laying there next to him. He knew it just buy the touch of it. Letting out a sigh of relief he relaxed. Sleep soon took over, but his hand stayed wrapped around his sword.

Last edited by Rev on Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:00 pm

Kaiyo stirred from her slumber, gnawing at the cast they'd put on her arm. More and more recently had the unfortunate academy student found herself waking up in the 4th squad. She ached all over but as usual, her spirits were high. Cuts and bruises covered her body, including a very tender black eye. She strained to properly awaken her eyes under the harsh lights of her room. 'Morning Kaiyo' her usual healer greeted her, 'just a few more nights and you'll be good as new' there was a tinge of sadnesses in the woman's voice, her continual healing of a girl who seemed to do nothing but get hurt. It was in the name of progress though. With each fight and spar and training exercise, Kaiyo was at becoming mire durable. Was there a combat bonus to being able to take a beating? She hoped so. Despite her continued loss, she remained positive. The sting of a blade was a familiar feeling to the small girl, and she was anxious for more combat already. 'Heh, i nearly won this time!' She cheered, trying to raise her arms in celebration but wincing and failing miserably, se blushed at such a display. 'But seriously, i'll be fine in a few hours, won't take that long'. A stern expression settled on the woman as she folded her arms. This was not the first time Kaiyo had refused proper healing, once they to sedate her. 'You'll be fine when i say so...' her expression softened at the girl's hurt expression, 'just try and relax' she added, leaving the girl.

Kaiyo dropped her head back against her pillow, rolling her neck left and right with exasperated sighs. Her attention was drawn by the man in the bed next to her. In a bid to make friends, and try and act tough and nodded slightly to him. Not quite managing a cool smile, she seemed just to be grimacing. 'What you in for?' She gestured with her broken arm. Thank god the healers could solve that quickly.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 5:40 pm

He was in the forest again. He turned in place, trying to see his surrounding better. But beyond the crossroads he stood in the center of. The forest all around him was dark and full of shadows, and constantly he would see shadows moving out of the corner of his eye. He heard laughter, giggling, and spun toward the sound of it. only to find more shadowed forest. Suddenly he felt a presence behind him, so sudden it froze him in place. "Whose there? SHOW YOURSELF!" he said spinning in place only to find empty road behind him. The presence returned behind him, so close this time he could feel the warmth of its body, and its breath on the back of his ear. A primal, instinctual fear gripped him, when the cold sharp touch of a blade traced along his throat. He knew the presence was smiling, when it whispered into his ear. "Boo!"

Rev sat straight up in the bed, sweat soaking through his bandaging and clothing. His hand gripping the hilt of his sword, trying to pull it free from its sheath. He was fully awake this time, and alert. He felt another presence in the room, and heard her question. He turned to face the girls voice, revealing his bandaged face. The only things not covered with bandages were his nose, and mouth. He tilted his head at the voice, and the sarcasm poured out before he could stop it. "Oh ya know, the usual. I slipped in the shower. Fell down some stair. Decided to take a dip in a pool of boiling acid." He shook his head, and groaned. Sitting up, twisting in place, even speaking hurt. He wobbled in place, dizzy from the sudden action, and slumped back down in in the bed. He let out a long sigh, then turned his head towards the girl's voice. "I...this is gonna sound crazy, but I was fighting a monster. Twice my size, that could raise the dead, and had acidic blood." He pause for a moment, letting out a chuckle. "Wow that sounds even crazier out loud." He paused again sighing before speaking again. "What about you, kid?"
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Kaiyo's smile froze with screaming eyes as she wished her bed had a panic button when the crazy men next to her bolted up and tried to un-sheath his sword. On such a thought, she turned away, searching her bed for her own sword. Her shoulder dropped with disappointment. 'Not again' she whispered to herself, she spent a week looking for her sword once, she'd clearly been lied to that it was in any way connected to her- if it was, it wouldn't have taken a week to find. That was an annoyance of another time though. Kaiyo had a mildly shocked look when the man spoke; her jaw dropped lower and lower which each of his lies.'And the acid didn't burn your face?' She asked back in genuine disbelief. She pulled her head back, frowning slightly. He was lying. Nobody took a dip in a pool if they'd just had a shower.

Her eyes smiled with her ask he managed a more sincere reply. 'Wow...' she whispered slightly. Her gaze drifted up and down the man, in all honesty it looked as if he'd taken a fair beating. Far worse than she'd ever seen actually. In a way, Kaiyo was quite in awe of the man, and took him to be friendly. 'Me?' She repeated, her soft voice sounding far too innocent to be involved in anything more strenuous than tiddly winks.

The girl grinned happily at her new friend. 'Well...' she began, tugging a cable from her other arm as she bounded off her bed. A little too energetically for her condition as she landed and her knee buckled instantly under a strain they couldn't manage. Her neck prickled with heat and she knew she'd flushed bright red. Kaiyo bounced back up to her feet with an awkward and genuine laugh. She jumped high (for her) on to the man's bed and shuffled around his feet until she was comfy. 'I just got in a fight' she smiled back simply. Leaning forwards to the man as she squinted at his face,'Did you break your nose?' Her amazement dripping from her awe struck words. 'I'm Kaiyo by the way, nice to meet ya' her internation rose at the end, just to emphasise the pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:20 pm

He didn't know if it was his situation in general, or the girls reply that made him start to laugh. "Wow kid. thanks for the laugh. ow.You must be one of those kind, innocent little girls. I was being sarcastic earlier, and I apologize. " He said, rubbing his bandaged face with his right hand. He thought it odd that his right arm seemed fine, bandaged in places, but he could move it with out much pain at all. The mere thought of moving his left arm made him grimace in pain. "A fight?! What self respectin person would dare lay their hands on a gal like you? When I get outa this bed I'm gonna kick their stupid asses for ya." He said, the seriousness on what could be seen on his face was painted plain as day. He shifted in his bed as the he heard the girl approach, doing his best to sit up straighter. He ran his hand over his face and eyes, attempting to understand the amount of damage his body had really taken in the blast. When he felt the girl sit on his bed his reflexes kicked in again, and his hand shot to his sword, and gripped the hilt so tight his knuckles turned a pale white. He took a deep breath, letting it out slowly, and releasing the grip on his sword. "Sorry..reflex..." he said, pulling his shaking hand away from the blade and resting it on his lap. "I'm..." He paused for a moment, realizing he had no idea where he was, or if he was still in the hell hole of a prison. "Call me Rev." he said quickly. Using his right hand he felt across his chest, trying to feel how bad the damage was to his body. "So, Kaiyo, can I ask ya something. Even if it might sound weird. Where are we?" he asked, his tone edgy his hand now resting closer to his sword. On the outside he was calm, but inside his mind raced with questions that he couldn't even begin to answer.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 7:36 pm

'Sar-cas-tic?'... she stared blankly at the bandaged man for a brief moment; shrugging off the word. It probably meant something irrelevant anyway. The blonde girl became quickly distracted by the dry blood stained in her hair, there was an annoyance. She glanced back up quite absent mindedly at Rev, titlting her head to one side as her light pink lips curled into a slitly coy smirk. 'Heh, i think i started the fight so it's fine'. As always, it was by complete accident that she had laughed at a particularly aggressive student when they faceplanted learning to shunpo- but a sharp tongue and wit landed Kaiyo in a fight as quickly as ever. Oh well, she quite enjoyed it. She couldn't help smiling at the man's offer though, in fact it made her blush slightly.

Although her direct gaze rested on the man, the girls own body tensed when his hand shot to his sword. Kaiyo was not a greatly fierce battle opponnent (not yet at least) but she was fast as a whippet. Her shoulders dropped ever so slightly when the man mumbled an apology; she'd been right. He was friendly after-all. 'New friend Rev- the monster killer' she nodded back to herself, committing his name to memory.

Almost in time, Kaiyo leant in with the man, her eyes flickering with excited at the hushed and serious tone he'd adopted. She noded along intently until he'd finished speaking. The girl sat up slowly, gettinga good look around the room bfore she leant back in, 'Well i can't be certain what room...but in the 4th squad- where they keep the people who are quite injured but not gunna die, probably'. What an odd question, she considered for a moment if Rev was concussed. Dismissing it quickly though, he seemed a little too aware of pain and movement for that. Kaiyo herself ached al over, broken arm, cracked ribs and some serious bruising. Easy work for the healers around here, but still quite sore to experience. 'What squad are you from if you don't know thw 4th squad when ya see it?' She giggled, mocking the man slightly. Even still, there was an edge of worry in her voice, wory for Rev.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 26, 2012 9:13 pm

He tilted his head toward the girl, "Cute, kid, real cute." He said, letting out a sigh. He rested his head in his hand. 4th. squad, huh. i wonder if that means... He thought in silence for a long moment. Letting out another sigh, then gritting his teeth he attempted move his left arm. He let out a growl, almost animal in nature, and stopped any further attempt. He felt why he couldn't move it, it was strapped to the bed. "So much for freedom." he mumbled, letting out a long drawn out sigh. He was silent for a long moment before he spoke again. Fourth squad huh? No clue what thats supposed to mean.....maybe she can explain things better.. He thought running his hand over his bandaged chin Maybe what those crazy guys said in the interrogation chamber said was true.....Maybe I really am dead... He shook his head at the thought. That can't be true. But what about the sword....and the dreams.... What the hell is happening to me.. He sighed again not sure of anything any more. Something was bothering him, a thought he couldn't quite bring to the light. Shaking his head again he looked back up at the girl he couldn't see. "Sorry miss Kaiyo, I have no idea what your talking about." He said pausing, and letting out another sigh. "I'm....new here, so to speak." he said, his shoulders relaxing. "I uh... I guess, maybe , you could give me the run down? I mean...." he sighed, frustration filling him. He looked down, and one of the bandages around his eyes freed itself. "What I mean is, I....I guess I need an explanation. What are these squads? Where are we? What country is this?"
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 5:06 pm

A shard of light hit the girl's eyes, the new uniform creased neatly as she shuffled further up the bed to Rev. Noticing his tied down hands only when he snarled something about them, she couldn't quite make out the words though. Kaiyo peered up at the man quickly, averting her gaze as his own thoughts seemed to drift off. She tipped herself odd the side of the bed, sprawling over his legs as her hair swayed in front of her eyes, she giggled when it tickled her nose. From her own personal experience the ties used to keep patients around were attached together under the bed. The girl swung back up, her blonde hair falling back into place as she grinned at Rev. As the mans own words trailed back, tumbling like a seriously concussed persons thoughts; she threw the ties in his face. He at least would be free to leave now: not that he looked in any condition to do so.

Kaiyo was confused. She tugged at the sleeves of her academy uniform, she'd taken to leaving spares here, seeing as the clothes she was brought here in weren't really usable again. Anyway, it wasn't as comfy as she was accustomed to. For a moment, she considered this man as enemy, but he had honest eyes so she went with her gut to trust him. 'Erm...from the start' she'd never thought she'd be explaining this to anyone. 'This isn't a country, its Soul society, where dead people go. We're all souls here. The strong souls, have sword' her hand hovered his own blade. 'Soul slayers, unique to each soul. We're soul reapers; the good guys' she grinned with two thumbs up. '12 squads divide us and each squad do different things.' Her eyes glazed when she looked at Rev once more, her mind slowly ticking things over. 'Wait! Did a hollow do this to you?!'
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2012 8:36 pm

He was unsure of what the girl was doing, his eyes were still blindfolded enough to block most of his vision. What he could see were nothing more then shafts of light, so bright that cause his head to spin. He covered his eyes in his free hand, moving it away from the sword at his side. As the girl continued to move around on his bed, he felt awkward about blurting out the questions. He felt the pressure on his left wrist let off, as did the intense pain. He flexed his arm and hand, and even though he couldn't see the bandages covering the whole of his arm, he could feel them. His head still hurt, and he rested it in both of his hands.

When the girl began to explain everything he began to shook his head. "no...your liein..." he said softly at first, as his breathing became more and more unsteady. He began to pull at the bandages on his face, tearing them free and revealing his severely burned face. The flesh had not time to even begin to heal, and the muscle below was showing through in spots. Oddly enough his the bandage around his eyes was still in place. The muscles in his jaw tensed, and even though his eyes were covered, the look on his face screamed anger and disbelief when he looked up in the direction of the girls voice. "LIES!!! I AM NOT DEAD!" He shouted, slamming his fists into the bed beside him."Your just part of that crazy.....that..." He began to say, but his voice trailed off. His right fist had slammed into, and now rested on His sword. He felt it there, and he felt the power flowing from it flowing into him.

He hung his head low, and his shoulders slumped. Just the sword being there, the power he felt in himself and in it told him what she was saying was true. "I'm sorry, Kiddo. I shouldn't have yelled at ya. Its just been....a uh....long couple of months for me." he said, his voice sincerer, but shaking. He reached up with his good hand and touched his face, then pulled it away quickly. "Oh man, I probably scared the shit outa ya, didn't I, kid? I mean I must look like one pissed of zombie with my face like this." he said, looking up, and his face looked almost sad. He sat there for a moment in awkward silence, wondering if he scared the girl off.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 3:16 am

In comparison to the severe burns that Rev had received Arawn was in considerably better shape. It only too the healer a good three hours to repair the large burns. And then another twenty minutes for his left sole. Of his two feet it had endured quite abit of the acid. After that they were satisfied in putting bandages on his legs. Before the wrapping they put on a nice soothing balm upon the shinigami's legs. The pain from before faded with a mint like coolness. It reminded him of Icy Hot, but more flowery in scent. During it all Arawn lay almost motionless. Nothing he could do but endure the discomfort as they did there best to treat him. It wasn't until they neared the end of the procedure that he thought to ask them something.

"What happened to the other man." he said looking to the shinigami that was putting the cloth wrap just under his knee.
"Other man?" The man said looking up from his work for a second to give Arawn a puzzled look.
"He was hit by acid as well I think he came with me." Arawn wasn't sure what happened to the man. He was being carted off at the same time. It was possible he died from his injuries. From what little he saw, the man had bathed in the acid. The man turned back then asked the other attendant with him.
"Oh the mummy!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, he's here I think he's down the hall." Seconds became minutes as they continued with their work. They talked amongst themselves about medical techniques. Once there were done they left Arawn in the room alone. After much deliberation Arawn decided he would go see the other man. Very slowly he swung his legs over the side of the bed and onto the floor. Experimentally he put weight upon his left foot. It was tender, but not as bad as he expected. Barely worse than walking on a blister. He stood putting all his weight on it. Overall his legs felt fine. Well numb from the salve they had put on it. He wondered if it was painkiller of some sort. Still he could feel his legs just enough to keep his balance. He took a step and didn't fall backwards or onto his face. Perhaps more painful than before. He couldn't put too much pressure on it. He looked about for a cane, but saw none. Of course they didn't want him walking around in his condition. But it was then he spied his weapon on the table in the corner. With a grin he hobbled over to it and used it to support himself. Arawn's head peaked his head through the doorway. Everyone was so busy they probably didn't notice him. Wasting no time he limped out his room and down the hallway. The man had mentioned the room was close by, but hadn't said anything about room number. Instead Arawn took his time to look through the open doors as he traveled down the hallway. He was just about to give up when he heard a shout four rooms down from his present one. More so out of curiosity he moved closer to the doorway. As luck would have it, it was the man he was seeking. It was as the men had said, he looked like a mummy. His body was covered in wrapping similar to those on Arawn's legs. He could only imagine how painful it must be for the man. As he stepped into the room he noted that the man wasn't alone. There was a young girl on the other bed.
"Hello." he said to the man on the bed. "Glad to see you made it."
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Kaiyo froze, paralysed in panic and fear. Aside from anything else, the girl was beyond the ability to even run away, she'd barely even managed the few metres across to Rev's bed. So she sat, silently staring into the mans previously dubbed 'friendly' eyes, wondering if he would take his apparent rage out on her. She jerked her head back when he spoke softly to her. Sometimes Kaiyo's ability to completely zone out of a situation and follow of trail of thought was impressive. Still, she was really starting to worry for this mans mental stability. Not that she'd even been one to judge.

So the girl just smiled back at him, giggling slightly as she reached forwards and tugged at one of the bandages wrapped around his face. 'Haha, very scary monster' she agreed lightly. The girl's attention whipped around at a direct address, her blood stained hair flicking against her cut and bruised face. It was almost embarrassing to say such a movement hurt her. She looked blankly at the man, his bandaged legs matching those of her new friend. She took a double take. Her eyes growing wider as the penny dropped, she gasped. 'Did you both fight the acid monster?' she cheered with a palpable excitement; rarely were her 4th squad visits so much fun.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 7:33 pm

Rev felt bad about yelling at the girl, until she tugged on one of the bandages. "OW! the hell?You tryin to kill me kid?" He said, trying to pull away from his unseen assailant. "But I deserve it for yellin at ya, don't I, Kiddo?" He said laughing, smiling, and gently grabbing the girls hand. He gently patted her hand, "Look kiddo, I'm really sorry about yellin at ya. I mean it. Tell ya what, once i am outa here, I'll get ya something, hows that sound kiddo?" He release the girls hand as he spoke. And with a near instinctive discretion he rested it on his sword. He knew he wouldn't last in a fight, he was in no condition too. But, he wasn't about to get killed here, an he wasn't going back to the prison. He had not been expecting treatment for his wounds, nor was he expecting any guest what so ever. But for some reason he not only got his wounds treated, but he had been put in a room with another person. For a prisoner, he was being treated more humanly then he had been expecting. He heard the mans shuffling footsteps as he entered the room. When the man spoke, he vaguely recognized his voice. His more recent memory seemed to be shrouded in a fog, but he remembered a red haired man with a similar voice. His face hardened a bit when he turned to face the new voice. "If yer that red haired punk who tried to interfere in my fight...." He said in a stern, cold voice. He grinned as he spoke next, "Thanks for the thought, but I had it handled. I owe ya a drink, none the less. The names Rev by the way." he said, giving the man a half-assed salute. "Yeah, kiddo. This guy tried to help out, but I kinda killed that thing before he could." he said in response to the girls question. He turned back to where he guessed the man was. "So tell me, Red. Do you know why I was in that arena to begin with?" He said, his voice had a subtle, defensive edge to it.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 29, 2012 12:55 am

Imagine Arawn's surprise to see the man so relaxed. Such a contrast from what he'd seen in the arena. A literal change of personality. The man's behavior raised his eyebrow. He wasn't really expected such a welcome. Rev he had called himself. The feral lunatic that had charged the beast on his own. Arawn couldn't forget the scream the man had made after the battle had ended. He turned his attention to the other occupant for a moment. It was a welcome sight from the man's mangled form. A young girl, a student even. Why was she here? Arawn recalled that all those in the stadium were all supposed to be criminals. That's why the scientist hadn't been concerned with their welfare. So why did they allow a student in the same room as him.
"It wasn't much of a fight." Arawn said finally after looking the girl over. "What you see here." he gestured to his legs and Rev's body. "Is a result of the creature's defeat." A sore loser Arawn said quietly to himself. He turned his attention back to Rev. His eyes studied the man before him. It was then that he noted the weapon next to him. The red haired shinigami's breath shortened his own hand clutched his weapon. Something was definitely wrong here. A criminal was not only being roomed with a student, but given a weapon.

"I'm sorry, but I don't know why you were fighting in that arena." He said as his right hand lingered on his own zanpukto. "It was an ill conceived experiment of the 12th division. The only thing I know is that everyone in that arena had been sentenced to death. Each of them a convicted criminal." Arawn was standing the opposite side of the man's weapon. If Rev did decide to lash out at him, he would need to move out of the bed to do so. The real problem was the girl. She was well within the man's range. Arawn considered the man might take her as a hostage. Silently he hoped it would not come to that.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 12:35 pm

Kaiyo shrugged complacently at Rev, but there was a smugness to her grin; a playful smile that twinkled in her blue eyes. She wasn't one to hold a grudge for long. Her eyes rolled to the top left of her vision as she pretended to think for a moment, her smile growing as she held the pretence. Eventually, she broke. Her intense gaze snapping back to Rev’s own bandaged face as she held out her hand, ‘Only if…’ she began, ‘I get the first round’ She knew just the milkshake bar!

Her own gaze shifted once more, her eyes flickering down to Rev’s hand resting on his sword again. For a man who knew so little, he seemed awfully attached to his Zanpakuto. Then again, he’d not seemed exactly comfortable since he’d woken up. The blonde girl carefully positioned herself so that she could look at Arawn without having to fully turn around (a task made more difficult by her injured state). She got a better look at the man as he replied. Her brow furrowed with mild concern, she seemed unable to work out why both men were so on edge if they’d beaten the monster like they said. About to ask a question, her head raised. Her mouth half open with words that froze in her throat as she gaped at Arawn. Convicted criminal. Kaiyo turned her head more specifically to Rev. A moment to register. She laughed. This kind mind couldn't be that bad, sure he looked funny but that was no reason to be told he was bad, right? Her own faltering logic made light work of the situation.

‘Oh calm down’ she jeered, waving her broken arm at the man. Distracted slightly by the new weight of the cast. She didn't know the full story of course, but ignorance always had been bliss. ‘You won, so it’s fine, right?’. Blind optimism at it’s best, in fact Kaiyo had just ignored that the shinigami standing before her out-ranked her by simply holding the title shinigami. Hopefully he wouldn't remember that any better than she had though.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 6:46 pm

Anger began to rise in him, his muscles tensed. He could feel the accusation in the way the man spoke. His jaw was tense with the anger, until the all to cheery voice of the girl broke through to him. He let out a sigh, the way he figured it he was only going to leave one of two ways. In chains, or in a body bag. He was in no condition to fight, and he didn't even know if he could draw his sword with out injuring himself more. He let out another sigh, breaking the silence. "Look I don't care about you stupid gladiator arena. If thats what ya guys do for kicks, who the hell am I to stop you." he said, then grinned. "Hell, as much as it scares me to say this, I had a fuckin blast in there."

There was a long, uncomfortable pause before he spoke again. He was having difficulty finding the right words. "Okay, what happened on in Afaganistan wasn't me, it was some friggin monster that killed my team, and me." He said, pausing for a moment. The realization of actually being dead was still difficult for him to accept, but he had no choice. He was dead, and this is the afterlife for him. The way he figured it, there was nothing he could do to change it, so he was going to make the most of it. "Look, I don't know if I'm a criminal or not. Last I knew that Kuro guy was going to put in a good word for me with the brass here. Even after everything I did." He paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath. "After Kuro and the crazy cosplay armored chick left me in the interrogation room, I was there for maybe an hour or so, Then these four guards came in, beat the shit outa me, and knocked me out. I woke up in a cell, that I swear was no bigger then a broom closet, chained to the floor." He paused again, his hands started to shake alittle. "I don't know how long I was in there. Bein in a pitch black room, chained to a floor has a way of distortin your sense of time." He paused again, an odd thought about everything kept nagging at him. "The men that to me to the cell...they were dressed different then the other guards.." he said out-loud without even realizing it. He looked back towards where the girls voice was last. "And up until a few hours before the shit that went down in the arena. Thats where I have been." he paused, thinking again for a moment. "The only thing I know, is I could feel this sword, and when I saw it in the arena, I hoped my luck had changed. But, wakin up here, bound to this bed, well that has a way of puttin a guy on the defensive." He said, tapping his sword, waiting. It was the red haired mans move.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 2:18 pm

Afaganistan? What did that have to do with anything? Perhaps the man was confused about something. Arawn had heard of the place. If memory served it was a place on Earth. Had this man done something there? He claimed to have been killed by a monster no less. The fact he was interrogated spoke volumes. Apparently something had happened, but what either he didn't know, or didn't want to tell. Honestly Arawn couldn't trust anything the man said. Who in their right mind would come out and say they're a vicious criminal? Of course he would try to hide it. He had no reason to tell the truth. The other men from the arena were dead and he had survived. There was no one here to contradict his story. Was he really the victim of circumstance or just biding his time? Either case Arawn kept his guard up. As the man spoke his hand never left his weapon and his gaze locked on the man in the bed. At the same time he was sure to be aware of the young girl. If the man moved he would have to be ready. He wondered if he would be able to move swiftly on his damaged legs, but he would try.

"You're probably bound for a reason." Arawn stated. It was logical to restrain a criminal when getting medical attention. At the same time Arawn did recall the man's savage cries after the battle. Tying him down was more than likely to prevent him from lashing out. He charged head long at the monster without hesitation. Not the actions of a truly innocent man. He knew how to fight, perhaps even craved it. There wasn't a doubt in Arawn's mind that there was more going on, yet he couldn't prove anything. His gut wasn't a valid source. "You need rest after such an incident. Can't have you trashing about."
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:46 pm

Kaiyo's head jerked back, her eyes squinting shut as her vision flickered with darkness for a moment. She squeezed her eyes shut tightly as her head began to pound. Assuming it was just medication or something she slowly blinked her eyesight back. She dropped her head, her piercing eyes glazing over as the men spoke; their own restrained tones blurred into white noise as she intently looked at the red sewn into her academy robes. A severe level of boredom upon her last visit had left the girl to stitch red lines along her obi sash and she couldn't help but admiring her work.

Back in the room, her expression remained puzzled. Subtle as ever, she couldn't help but giggle at the still nameless man about Rev being tied to his bed. 'Not anymore' she whistled a little too joyfully. She hadn't taken to this man. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly as she looked him up and down. Much like Rev, he had kept his hand near his sword. A silly prospect given their states, right? Kaiyo sighed, trying to ignore the deep drumming that had begun to beat through her mind. She made eye contact with the man; staring so deeply at him that one might assume she were having some deep epiphany through his eyes. She was not.

Kaiyo often tried to curve her habits into more socially acceptable norms. Despite her best efforts though, she often found she spoke without thinking; in fact she usually didn't even realise she'd spoken out-loud at all. This was one of those moment. 'Why don't you trust Rev?' Her head dropped to one side, her expression un-flinching for a moment longer. She slowly turned back to the man who's bed she had decided to share. 'You don't look like a baddie to me' she announced; as if that were the end of the matter.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 4:11 pm

The tension in the room only thickened at the red haired mans words. To Rev, it felt like he was about to be thrown back into a cage. That, and he didn't like the accusing tone in the red haired mans voice. The girls words made him smile a bit. "Your a good judge of character, ya know that kiddo." Rev said, turning to face where the girls voice came from. Something about Kaiyo's happy go lucky attitude put him at ease. He turned back to face where the mans voice came from, but a knock at what he assumed was the door stopped him.

Standing in the door from was a small, dark haired woman. The glasses on her face seemed a bit to big, and Her black robes were cut short like a skirt. The forest green sash around her waist, had an tanto with designs on it so ornate that it looked more like an expensive display piece, than a zanpakuto. She held in her hands two folders, and around her arm was a band with a badge on it. "E-E-Excuse me." She said after clearing her throat. "I t-think I can answer y-your questions s-sir." She said, he voice as meek and quiet as her demeanor. She taped her finger on the folders in her arm. "Everything he said w-was true. He was attacked and killed by a h-hollow on earth. Then mistakenly charged with the deaths of the other humans that we found his unconscious spirit b-body, and zanpakuto next to." She said, her voice shaking, and her head low. She didn't look up as she spoke. "I-I-Its all r-right here." She said picking up and waving the top folder. She stood there in silence for a moment then her head shot up making eye contact for the first time with arawn. "Oh! I forgot to introduce m-myself. I'm Yuki, one of the medics that brought Him here." she said pointing with her free had to Rev. She stepped into the room and edged her way around arawn. Then proceeded straight to the side of Rev's bed. She opened the folder, which She read in silence for a moment. She glanced back up at Rev, smiling even though he couldn't see. "Rev, Correct?" She said. Without waiting for a reply, "I am here to apologize for how you were been treated, and to notify you that you have been cleared of all you c-charges. Also to apologize for having to restrain you, but it was necessarily to treat your wounds." she said, closing the top folder and placing it on the end table next to his bed.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 7:28 pm

The girl hadn't seen the man in the arena. For him to call her a good judge of character wasn't saying much. She had probably been with the man of all of an hour. Of course she had yet to seen all aspects of the man. In truth neither had Arawn, yet he had seen a disturbing side of him. That alone left a strong impression of the man. He seemed more sedated and more relaxed. The girl might think the world of him now, but what about later. Would enjoy his company then? His past was dubious at best. The story made little if no sense. Arawn's instinct was to alert the authorities before the man had a chance to plan his escape. That call would have to wait as they were joined by another party. A young woman stood in the doorway. How long she had been there was anyone's guess, but her timing was impeccable. Long enough that she knew just what they were talking about.

In the next moment she was explaining what had happened to the man. After her exposition his questions were answered, but his doubts. Why would he be accused of the deaths of the others? However they had died should have cast suspicion upon the monster no the man? His gut wasn't completely satisfied with the woman's explanation. Something more was going on, but there was little he could say or do about it. Instead he gave a shrug both mentally and physically. The matter was concluded, for now. Whatever Arawn's misgivings the man was free. Free to do as he pleased. For good or for ill.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 9:47 pm

She lifted her body up with pride at Rev's words, elongating her neck as she beamed with happiness, allowing her smile to turn round and metaphorically stick a middle finger up at the standing man. He didn't seem so impressed with her deductive skills, but he of course had no reason to agree with her so she wasn't surprised. She dropped her smiled and slouched back down to comfort when she saw the medic scuttle in. Kaiyo leaned in closer as she spoke, unable to make out every whispered word behind her stutter. Even still, she figured she had the basic gist of it. Big mix up, all good now?.

Her thumb traced slowly along the pale blue cast on her arm; as far as she knew, she'd never broken a bone before. The experience hadn't been one she'd ever want to repeat. She couldn't even imagine what these men had gone through; she at least looked clearly like she'd lost a fight...not a war. Still, she smiled politely, deciding she didn't need to intrude on their conversation further. 'Sounds like a happy ending to me' she mused in an almost sing-song voice. Trying to catch the medic before she hurried off, Kaiyo jerked forwards with a motion all too fast for her sore body and waved to her, 'Sorry, have you got anything i can have for my head...It's really pounding' she pressed. The woman seemed to take a moment to look the girl up and down, judging her to be no threat as she muttered something and continued on her way. She guessed she'd find out what she'd said soon enough.

Kaiyo sighed, shutting her eyes to block out the unusual headache. She didn't even remember getting hit in the head in her last fight. She shrugged it off; it was probably just concussion. 'Oh, Sorry. Wanna seat?' she gestured to Arawn, as if suddenly assuming she'd been rude in not offering beforehand: pointing to the very edge of the bed with a suggestion that clearly meant they could all fit.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:13 am

Yuki set the other folder on top of the first one, her eyes locked on the loose bandages on Rev's face. She reached out and secured the bandages, tightening them back down. "OW! OW OW! easy lady!" Rev said, trying to pull his face away. "Oh stop being a baby." she quickly replied, "And hold still." After she finished, she reached over and grabbed the top folder, and opened it. After a few moments of reading it in silence, she nodded. "Okay, so your eyes were damaged by the acid. Chemical burns" she said cringing. "Good news is your not going to be blind, but unfortunately your going to have to wear these until your eyes heal completely." she said, and reached into a pocket in her robes, and pulled out a pair of dark red tinted goggles. "These will protect your eyes from bright lights, and still allow you to see normally. Never go outside without them, doctors orders." She said with a slight smirk. "Now I am going to undo the bandages, keep your eyes closed until I get the goggles in place." Without waiting for him to reply, she started to undo the bandages around his eyes. Rev's face grimaced in pain as the bandages pulled on the tender recently healed flesh underneath. As she worked, she turned to the blonde girl at the foot of Rev's bed. "I'll be sure your taken care of, Miss. And for future reference, don't remove a patients restraints. I'm not going to get you in trouble, but just understand, Nine times out of ten, its for their own good." She said, her voice calm and sweet. After she removed the bandages, she began to place the goggles over Revs eyes, only to have her hands grabbed and stopped. "I think I can handle it from here." Rev said in a firm tone. Nodding and placing the goggles in his hands, she set the folder back on the bedside table, and turned to leave. She walked up to arawn, her shoulder making contact with his, rather rudely, and she stopped for a moment. "Never interfere with our experiments again." She said, her voice completely different then before. She shot Arawn a hostile look that didn't suit her appearance, and continued out the door. Even her body language had changed, as did the way she walked Once around the corner and out of sight of those in the room, Her body glowed softly for a second, then dissipated into nothing.

Rev sat in a stunned silence, looking around the room. The girl he had been talking to was just that, a little blonde girl. He looked her over, taking note of her injuries. "Seriously. Who did that to ya? I'm gonna kick their asses." He said in a stern tone. "Are you sure your okay, kiddo?" Kaiyo had been the first person here to show him genuine kindness, and he wanted to repay her for that. He glanced up at the red haired man, nodding. "Yep, your the guy from the arena. Thanks again for ya help. But next time, could ya pop in before everyone else is killed?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 1:05 pm

The woman's sudden change of voice and demeanor shocked Arawn. His face reflected his surprise. Both eyebrows raised and his mouth hung slightly agape. Gone was the sweet and innocent Yuki, and instead was a firm and hostile woman. Had he done something to anger her? This was their first meeting. The eyes, the window into the soul, were those of someone with ill intent. What hostility didn't come from that glare radiated from her body like a furnace. Something wasn't right. Had someone possessed the simple girl, or was this not her at all? As he stood there thinking about it she was already out the door. Never interfere with our experiments again? What did that exactly mean? The expeirment that Rev was part of? Was she in some way responsible for the whole incident? She claimed to be a member of the 4th division. Very odd. He moved to chase after her. His head peeked through the door, but she was already gone. There was of rush of bodies it was impossible to spot her nor could he run fast enough to catch her if he did.

Sighing he turned back into the room. The questions were building. He looked a the room's two occupants. It was obvious that they hadn't heard the woman's statement. I would seem the hostility was reserved just for him. Arawn didn't like it. If she was involved he couldn't trust anything she said. How much of what she said was true? Was Rev a victim or an accomplice? As the doubt grew he decided it was best to keep an eye on him. The bandaged man spoke. But Arawn wasn't listening he was locked in thought. He had work to do. When faced with a puzzle he was compelled to solve it. Steps would have to be taken. He turned to look at the man laying in the bed.
"I think it's best you watch yourself." he said simply.Because there are others watching you. Arawn finished in his head. He didn't trust the man he and would have to look into the matter of Yuki later. One thing for sure he didn't want to stay another minute in the 4th Squad's barracks. A second later he was moving from the room. He was going call Simone or Bryce to check him out and have him finish healing in his personal quarters.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:49 pm

Kaiyo eyed Arawn suspiciously as he left...Weirdo. The girl shrugged at Rev, 'I think i'll live' she smirked, finding the humour in him asking if she was alright. Her smiled was hollowed with a doubt she'd reserved for the depths of her mind. There was a problem. She smiled at Rev all the same, her headache reaching the point where it actively made noise. The sound of breaking glass even. Shattering. She swallowed, unable to aid her dry mouth as Rev's own sillhoute flickered over him. She blinked it away, unable to remove the imprinted image from her mind. Perhaps this is what madness felt like. Her reactions had clearly not matched her words, so she stumbled over an excuse. 'Think i must've really banged my head' Her own words sounded so distant.

Slowly, she tugged her body off the bed, gripping the edge tightly as her warm feet slapped against the ground. She winced at the impact. Trying to slowly shuffle back to her bed. He appeared again, words blurring over her thoughts in a glass mirage. She'd never met this man before, so seeing him from another time, another memory was just impossible. Surely. She thought if her head split in two it might alleviate some of the pain. He turned to the man, a more stern expression on her face as more images flashed in her mind. Rogue images, faces and places she didn't know. Words she didn't understand. Kaiyo shook her head to tried and push them away. The words tumbled from her mouth so unaware of her state, 'Do you still wear a necklace, the one they brought you in wearing?'. She didn't even understand what she meant by that.

Then silence. Kaiyo blinked at Rev, uncertain if maybe he'd just experienced the same thing as her. She thought best not to ask. With another turn she hobbled back over to her bed, slowly clambering around to find her belongings. She didn't see herself healing any faster here that in her own bed.
Back to top Go down
Rev

Rev

Male

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:42 pm

He adjusted the goggles on his face, tightening the straps to get a perfect fit. When his eyes caught the change in Yuki's demeanor caught his full attention. Rev watch the 'nurses' body language, and walk changed suddenly, his hand shooting to his sword. He could feel the hostility from her, although it wasn't directed at him. His eyes stayed locked on her as she said something to the man, then as she left the room. Somethings not right here He thought, noticing that the red haired man noticed it to. He looked at the man, giving him a look that said he caught the change, and nodded to the advice.

He smiled kindly at the girl, but he could still tell something was wrong. "You don't look so good kiddo," he said, concern in his voice "Maybe ya should just lay down." He moved in his bed, swinging his feet over the edge. He grabbed his sword, and used it to balance himself as he stood. He winced, and groaned in pain, but planted his feet firmly on the ground. "Hey Kiddo, seriously. I think ya should lay down." He said, his legs shaking slightly. He supported his weight on the sword, and on the bed railing.

"Do you still wear a necklace, the one they brought you in wearing?"

At first, what she said didn't register in his mind. "What do ya mean kiddo?" He said, leaning his backside on to edge of the bed. "Wait....How did you..." He said, the light bulb going off in his head. It wasn't just what she said, it was how she said it. His mind raced back to the intterogation cell, back to being chained to the roof. Back to the beatings, back to the man in black robes. Back to the man he killed trying to escape, back to the armored woman beating him. He stood suddenly, but his legs had other ideas. He fell flat on his face, his sword scattering under the bed. He groaned, rolling onto his side, and stared up at the girl. "You weren't there....how do you know about that." He said, the sound of something small and metalic hitting the floor. The pendant around his neck had fallen out of his hospital robes.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 5:32 pm

Kaiyo turned back round, her face squinting at Rev in utter confusion, she stepped closer to him as he seemed to panic. A prick of nerves shot along the back of her spine. Another pulse echoed through her mind, she shook her head more violently to rid her vision of the taunting nightmares.Instinctively she leapt across the room to him, gritting her teeth and groaning in pain as she missed catching. She was panicking now. Her hand gently moved across to him body, trying to help him up slowly. 'Are you alright?' she hounded, feeling her arm getting warmer as an opened cut began to bleed. She winced, only realising it hurt when she really saw it.

Kaiyo reached across him to give him back his Zanpakuto, she placed it gently in his grip. Shuffling to a more comfortable position her foot knocked something. A little chink of metal tapped the hard ground. She turned, picking up the small pendant as she carefully turned it over in her hand. It was beautiful, someone close to him she assumed. Her vision blurred, slamming out of nowhere into the side of her head.

She looked around slowly, the dark room on with the clear side of a double mirror. Her head dropped to one side, her eyes wide with panic as her mouth fell open. She stared at Rev. Lifting his pendant in her hand as a flash of golden light danced between her fingertips. The recovery room blurred back into her sight. as she dropped the pendant and scrambled away on the floor. She could feel her pulse surging through her entire body, the rapid rise and fall of her chest as she stared at the dropped necklace. 'Why did you...they?' The jumbled expressions of her mind jarred and faltered with a blank memory that wasn't her own. The pain in her head got worse as she slammed her hand against her temple to make it better. 'You got put in there and beaten, up...Did I-?' she couldn't remember, the image she'd seen had crammed emotions and feelings unfamiliar to her. She was losing her mind. She yelled in pain as she lowered her head and clamped her hand around it.

Silence again, the intermittent glorious silence that paused the headaches. Flecks of golden light splintered her crystal blue eyes for a moment. 'We were told you were the bad guy...Back then you-...I Didn't-' She felt numb all over, possessed. She'd have cried if she felt she had the tears to do so. Instead, her shaking gaze just stared in disbelief at Drac as she repeated what her mind had managed to scream in the last moment. 'Who, are you?' And who was she.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]   Patching up.  (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patching up. (Kayio, Arawn) [Finished]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next