The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Chance Meeting

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male
Number of Posts : 187
Registration Date : 2010-05-15

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 05, 2012 11:36 pm

Tenma was laying in a tree in one of the nicer areas in Rokungai. He personally could not remember the district number, it was his favorite place to relax and no one ever bothered him here. It was on the corner of a nice little field that bloomed flowers in the spring. Here in autumn however it just held grass, but he didn't mind. A calm breeze blew through the field and he breathed in deep as it came through. He smiled as the moon shone down in full light as it's circular presence always calmed him. The crickets chirped everywhere and he could easily fall asleep in the peaceful environment. He let a single leg hand off the branch lazily as he was truly at peace.

He suddenly remembered meeting a certain red haired shinigami and the kiss they shared. It made his heart race as much now as it did then. Shakaku Okibi he definitely wanted to see her again. He made a mental note to track her down tomorrow so they could talk. He did enjoy talking with her alot. He didn't really understand why but he would certainly explore the opportunities. She was an extravagant young shinigami, and he hoped he could become more with her in the future if it permitted. He gently felt himself drifting off to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female
Number of Posts : 179
Job/Interests : Psychiatry
Quote : It tastes like Jesus shit on a plate.
Registration Date : 2011-12-19

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:25 am

Shakaku paced the barren streets of the Seireitei to shake the anxious tickle in her muscles that left her feeling jumpy and restless deep within her bones. Her squad has been empty of tasks, which is quite unusual considering there hasn't been a day since she joined the squad that hasn't been hectic from dawn till dusk. She had grown so accustomed to a packed schedule that downtime seemed next to unbearable. She checked once more in the squad barracks only to find that it was exactly how she left it, deserted of any tasks to be completed. Shakaku sighed, giving up on her hopes of finding something to do and eventually settled on pacing the empty streets. She followed the meandering walkways and lonely roads till her eye caught a figure resting within a tree, seemingly asleep. Her head tilted and stared at the figure from a distance and she searched through her memory banks to find out who this figure was. Ah ha! It was Tenma Yamato, the young man she had met when she was an academy student among the cherry blossom trees. What was he dong there?
Shakaku trotted up to the tree until she was standing below it and listened to the faint sound of snoring from the man above her head. He has a good taste in scenery, she thought when she gave a glance around her surroundings. He was resting in a pretty garden that was one of the few grassy areas that wasn't within the Squad barracks (though it didn't even compare to the gorgeous gardens within Squad 1's walls).
Then, an idea popped into Shakaku's mind. I'll give him a little scare! She smiled evilly and scaled the tree, making sure not to shake it too much. She then reached the most sturdy branch she could find that was right above Tenma's head. When she draped her legs over the branch and hung upside down, her hair was just barely tickling his cheek. "Boo!" She hooted in a ominous voice but ruined it with a chuckle she couldn't suppress.
Back to top Go down
http://country-sunrise.tumblr.com/
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 12:43 am

Tenma jolted up quickly and looked at the person evilly. It was none other than the girl he had just been thinking of Shakaku, he decided to get revenge, and pulled her down by her arm with a playful smile and they both fell down. He made sure to twist his body in mid air to cushion her fall. He laughed out loud as he waited for her to get up and then stood up with her. He then decided to give her a big hug. He wondered if she remembered the kiss as well, or if she had forgotten about it. He decided she must have, as to her it couldn't of been something all that important. He mentally shrugged it off, and looked her in the eye before speaking, as he always did. "Good evening Miss Shakaku, is there a reason you've awoken me from my relaxation or are you just being playful?" He said jokingly. "I do of course enjoy your company, so don't think I'm trying to make you leave. I would actually enjoy laying here in a field with you if you would like to join me." He said as he suggested an evening of relaxation with each other. He wondered what she would decide as he suddenly noticed his heart was in fact sky rocketing. He calmed himself down as best he could, but he couldn't seem to fight it off. He wondered what it meant, but tucked this away as things to contemplate later.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:22 am

Shakaku shook her head at his offer. "I've spent the past hundreds of hours relaxing and I feel a little jumpy. Lets walk instead!" As they began walking through the soft blades of grass, she stripped her feet of her shoes and soaking in the feeling of the cool earth under them. "And to answer you're question on scaring you, that also leads into the jumpiness and the fact I have yet to do anything all day." She shot an evil grin in Tenma's direction. It was just the kind of thing to do to shake the oppressive restlessness that clung onto her. "Oh! By the way, in case you haven't noticed! I'm a full fledged Shinigami now!" Shakaku exclaimed. "Can you guess which squad I chose?"
She then recalled graduating from the academy, unsure of where to go after that. they had to give a 24 hour notice to tell the head captain which squad her heart wanted her to join. It was a tough decision between many of the squads, but she chose what her heart had always longed for; the prestigious title of being a squad member (and possibly captain in the future) of Squad 1. She had adapted well among her fellow squad members and began making friends and memorizing names. There were so many that she feared she would trip up or forget! Her memory didn't fail her, thankfully, and she has memorized the names and the positions of just under half of the squad.
Shakaku tucked the memory into the back of her head and looked at Tenma, anxious to hear his guess.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 11:32 am

Tenma smiled softly, he had heard of a firey young shinigami joing the squad he himself was a part of. "Squad 1, same as me." He guessed as he walked along side her and let the cool breeze wash over him. He loved this time of night, where no one could disturb them from enjoying it. "If you're in my squad though, I'll work you ragged just on principle. I may not be a seated member yet. But trust me I'll still push you." He said as he ran a gentle hand along the sheath of his one sword. He had just so recently learned the name of. He intended to master this blade, and become the captain of his squad. And he would not let anyone stand in his way. He looked over to her and couldn't help but remember the first time they met again. He decided to see if he could get her to remember it as well. "The most beautiful things in the universe are the ones untouched by man. With the exception of one incredible young shinigami of course." It was something he had said the first time they met. One of his favorite phrases as it was completely true. In every aspect. He walked beside her slowly, and took notice of his own pounding heart, did he want her to remember that day so badly that his own heart would pound so hard? The thought of that surprised him. He waited anxiously to see and hear her reaction.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 5:28 pm

Shakaku grinned and said innocently, "Now where have I heard that phrase before?" She chuckled softly and tilted her head up to examine the large moon above. "Ahh now I remember. I do think I saw you when I was introduced into the squad with a couple other classmates... I wasn't certain, though. I guess I was so overwhelmed by everyone's presence. And thank you, extra training would be much appreciated." Though she was grateful for Tenma's offer to help, her pride wouldn't allow her to give in to assistance so easily. If he wanted to become captain, there would be serious competing that needed to be done between the two of them. She wasn't about to give up the one thing her heart called for more than anything.
She began recalling of the last time her and this man had met, she was younger and more flustered with his presence than she was now. she remembered his obvious affections to her and wrinkled her nose slightly with how easily she had opened herself to a stranger, let alone let him kiss her. Slowly yet surely, she began to feel uncomfortable tension as the silence between them grew but she didn't display any signs of the prickling she felt on her skin.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:19 pm

Tenma immediately noticed a tree nearby that seemed to have some fresh apples growing on them. He immediately drew his zanpakuto, and cut one down just so it landed on her head. He grinned mischeviously at his little prank and then cut a few more down for good measure to ensure she would try to get revenge. He then began to run away playfully, deciding that if she wanted to move, they might as well have some fun doing so.

A few moments later he noticed that he was near his tree once more. He jumped up into it, forcing her to chase after him if she wanted to get her revenge. He moved through the branches with practiced ease and he eventually found himself as the top on a large branch with the strength to hold them both. This branch gave a perfect view of the full moon and stars and he smiled at the scene.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:50 pm

Shakaku grimaced as the apples bounced off her head and landed with a thud on the ground at her feet. She watched with confusion as Tenma ran around, seemingly trying to get her to follow him. She tilted her head and spoke loud enough for him to hear, "What the hell are you doing?" Feeling a little irritated at his sudden hit and run, she jogged towards the tree he had climbed up and scaled it with grace until she was sitting on the same branch that he was high above the ground. Her shoes slipped from her hands and plummeted to the earth below but she didn't care. She was struck by the sight before her; the gorgeous moon floating in a dark blanket with holes punched into it. She felt speechless for a second before she realized she wasn't alone. "I always look at the sky and feel a little breathless. They never had skies like this where I grew up. the city doesn't allow many stars or such a bright moon." Shakaku spoke softly, almost feeling as if if she spoke too loudly the world would shatter around her. When was the last time she actually took the time out of her day to admire her surroundings or the night sky? She had been so busy that looking at anything for aesthetic features wasn't at the top of her to do list.
Shakaku realized how close she was sitting next to Tenma that she felt a little uncomfortable that they were sharing the same air. She scooted over slightly and stretched her arms and legs to make it seem like she wasn't scooting away from him.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 9:30 pm

Tenma was able to tell that she was trying to move away from him. He shrugged inside and averted her eyes, he instead looked up at the moon. It's brilliant golden hue lightning up Seireitei below it. He knew full well that her being uncomfortable around him was a possibility. And while it did hurt a great deal, he understood that they had only actually met once. He hoped that she would open up, until then though Tenma decided to have a little snack.

Realizing he still held one of the apples from earlier in his hand he tossed it up and sliced it in half with his zanpakuto in one clean cut. He then caught both halves and handed one to Shakaku and took a bite out of the other himself. He continued to avert her eyes, as he didn't want her to see that her apparently not wanting to even be near him did in fact hurt. He simply decided that she may be far too polite to just leave.

With this in mind, and fully thinking that she didn't want to be anywhere close to him he stood up on his branch and spoke gently. "I'll leave you be Miss Okibi, have a good night, and please, enjoy the view." He said as he sheathed his zanpakuto and hopped to the ground to find another tree to sleep in for the night.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 10:12 pm

Shakaku watched her companion jump down from the tree and started walking away. She sat still, her mind sluggishly trying to comprehend what had just happened. Her eyes looked at the apple in her hand, back up to Tenma's fading figure and back down to the apple. "Oh no... Tenma! Wait!" She called hurriedly, jumping from her perch and chased after him, forgetting her shoes and the apple she dropped alongside them. once she had reached his side, she took hold of his sleeve and held tight, jerking him to force him to look at her. "What was that for? Just walking away?" She looked up at him, her eyes a mixture of rage, hurt and guilt. It was her fault, she was blocking herself from him. He was a lot more sensitive than she had anticipated or was used to. "Don't you dare turn away from me or walk away from me again! What kind of friend does that? Did I hurt you? I honestly didn't mean to!" Her apology came out sounding more like a threat. She was never one for the word "sorry".
Shakaku glared up into his crimson eyes and realized that she had, in fact, hurt his feelings. Taken aback by the reality of it, she let go of him and took a couple steps back, clearing her throat awkwardly. "Honestly. I really didn't mean..." She was lost for words. What was she to say? "I don't know how to be subtle." She spoke and stiffly brushed the strands of hair that hung in front of her face. "I was never good at hiding my feelings. That's why sensitive people normally don't like me." She examined her bare feet, embarrassed by her actions and the flaws in her personality. All this man saw was the good in her, even though he barely knew her. Not many people were so kind as he was to her. Deep down, she felt threatened by kindness, compliments and affection. She didn't have a commitment phobia. In fact, it was the complete opposite. She couldn't handle meddling with people that were going to be in and out of her life in a second or people that handed out compliments and affections like it was no big deal. Things like that meant something more personal to her than a lot of other people. People didn't really see that side of her, though because she kept that part so well hidden that even she couldn't see that aspect to her.
Shakaku looked up at Tenma and set her jaw so stiffly that it hurt. "I'm sorry." Though it sounded struggled, she spoke evenly. Hell, that was one of the few real apoligies she had ever given anyone.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:01 am

Tenma blinked a few times as she spoke. He honestly just thought she wanted him gone. He looked more than a little sheepish as he scratched the back of his head. "Shakaku, I just thought you wanted me gone, I'm sorry for making you think I didn't care at all." Tenma honestly didn't compliment many people, at all. Most people considered him an asshole, which he didn't really care. He walked over to where she had dropped her shoes. He picked them up and walked back over to her and handed them back to her as he pulled out another apple and, after cutting it in half, handed her a half and then began eating his own.

He spoke softly when he was done however, hoping to calm her down. "Shakaku, honestly, I didn't mean to offend you at all, I just fgured you wanted me gone. I honestly don't really compliment many people, and I understand that you may have felt, uncomfortable...when I did so toward you." He told her as this time he didn't try to avert his eyes. He smiled softly as he brought a gentle hand up and gently placed it on her cheek. "I'm not here to harm you, nor make you uncomfortable. If I do..say something..tell me so I know, don't just try to hide it." He said as he gently hugged her for a moment before letting go. He still figured she didn't want to be THAT close so he kept a small distance between them.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:31 am

Shakaku hugged back, grateful for the affection that actually meant something to her. "See? This is a Tenma I could get used to!" She laughed against his chest and let go, taking a couple steps backward in the process. She took hold of her shoes and lay them down at her feet so she could eat her apple. Then, she sat and patted the ground next to her for Tenma to join. "Let's start over a bit, shall we?"
As she ate her apple, Shakaku gazed up at the stars. She had always been interested in constellations and the stories they told, especially the ones her mother would tell her when she was younger. She then began to wonder is he knew anything about the stars or how his childhood was. She gave a small sigh when she had realized they really don't know anything about eachother, where the other was born, or even the others birthday! Her heart urged for her to tell him all these things but she never was one for starting conversations. What if he found out about something that he didn't like about her? What if he was one of those people that would stray in and out of her life in a heartbeat? Or worse, what if she hated him once she figured out about his past?
Skakaku shivered slightly at all the thoughts that raced though her head. Get it together, woman! You're always too cautious! She thought to herself. She knew she would beat herself up if she didn't turn this day around. "My mum used to always tell me stories about the constellations. She was very interested in them and I guessed she passed it down to me," She spoke. Though slightly timid, she allowed the words to flow out her mouth steadily so not to hint at her cautious fear.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Tenma smiled at her words as he sat next to her and gazed up with her. The stars truly were beautiful. He thought back to what he knew about the stars, but couldn't recall anything about them. He however was much more interested in learning more about Shakaku. He couldn't expect her to want to start a conversation like that, so he decided he would. "There's not much to my past, when I was in the living world I was just a normal guy, I was good in school, I helped my family, and got into fights. Eventually I started dating a girl. One day on my 17th birthday she took me shopping..during that moment an armed robber turned his gun to us. I hugged her close and turned her away from the gun as he fired. When awoke I was here. I don't know much about anything else anymore except fighting and being respectful to those whom deserve it. I'm sorry there isn't much to know about me, it's the just the way my life has gone so far." I'd like to learn more about you if you would be willing to tell me."
He said as he turned to her and gave her a small smile. He felt as if he'd talked to much, and that wasn't what he was used to doing. He hoped she would take over and begin speaking instead. He leaned back on his hands, placing them on the ground behind him to support him up as he leaned. He then turned his gaze back toward the moon and stars and smiled at such a beautiful sight. He was afraid that maybe she would've heard something she didn't like for some reason, he was scared that maybe she would leave and never show her face near him again. To him it was the worst kind of fear.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Shakaku listened to Tenma's tale, giving nods and gasps when appropriate. His past sure was intriguing with aspects that were both very similar and very different from her own past. "I grew up in the big city with my mum, dad and brother," She decided to leave out the details of who her brother actually was. "Like you, I got excellent grades, I had a wonderful, loving family and I had a few really good friends. I had high hopes for what I wanted to do." She tore her gaze from the sky and rested her chin on her knees while her arms were wrapped around her legs. She stared into the distance as she spoke. "My brother was killed when an earthquake hit and the rubble crushed him. I was thirteen at the time. Going to his funeral really sucked since he was the best brother ever..." She thought about Tatsuya and the person he was now, according to Auryuu. Where are you, brother? she thought longingly, wanting so bad to really sit down and talk with him again.
Shakaku shook herself from thoughts of her brother and continued. "Life went on as always and I excelled even more in school, making honors and almost valedictorian. They didn't accept me as one, though, because of a few suspensions." She smirked. "I was quite the fighter, if you haven't already noticed!" She winked and Tenma and continued. "When I was nineteen, a house fire took my life. I'm still not sure what caused the fire to be exact but I find it a little ironic,"
She unsheathed her crimson sword and examined the intricate details along it. "I don't know why... but I have a feeling my Zanpakuto has to do something with fire. I feel something from it a lot more than I did before. I suppose I'm getting stronger." She smiled and ran her fingertips along the flat part of the blade. "Then I woke up here, felt bored and joined the Shinigami Academy just like any other teenage rebel does." Shakaku laughed, sheathed her sword, and looked at Tenma, awaiting his reply.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:13 pm

Tenma patted his own Zanpakuto in thought "Mine is based on earth, I don't have any actual abilities yet, but I do have my shikai." He said as he drew his own crimson and black blade. He was surprised to see another crimson zanpakuto, he'd gone the entire time in Seireitei without actually seeing one. He turned back to her and smiled softly as she completed her story. "I'm sorry you died in a fire, but is it wrong of me to say I'm not sorry you died?..I mean if you didn't we would've never met now would we?" He asked as he thought on the concept. He layed back on the ground, laying his head on his arms as he looked up into the sky. He thought about her entire story and raised a curious eyebrow. "What is your brothers name?" He wondered quizzically. He never learned Shakakus last name so he figured maybe he knew the guy. He picked up a nearby flower and picked it up, he then handed the flower to her with a small smile as he took her hand and kissed it softly, intending to try and make her smile. He then looked up again at the moon and sighed happily as he awaited her answer.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:20 pm

Shakaku stiffened at his question. Even as she felt his lips press against her hand, her smile felt forced and she knew he could see it. "I'm sure you wouldn't know him. I haven't seen him here in the Seireitei so I'm nearly positive he's not here." She gave a dry laugh and prayed silently he wouldn't push her to tell him his name.
She examined the small, purple flower and rolled the stem between her thumb and pointer finger, causing it to twirl. She couldn't say she was ashamed of Tatsuya, in fact she was very happy to know he was alive and strong. But the things he had done... the people he had harmed... She still doubted if it all was true because that was not the Tatsuya she remembered from her childhood. He was always very calm and patient. Sure he loved a good spar and always jumped into the middle of a fight when there was one, but he was never ruthless. He surely wasn't a murderer, isn't a murderer. Nevertheless, if what she had heard was true there was the possibility that Tenma would be aware of his actions and possibly not trust her anymore.
It's so unfair! Shakaku thought, squeezing the stem of the flower so hard between her fingers that the flower fell over and bit her lip so hard that she was sure she tasted the metallic flavor of blood in her mouth. why should she be punished because of her brothers actions? That didn't make her a bad person! Killing nobles didn't run in the family! She loved her brother and she wanted him to come back so badly but everyone's mistrust of him hovered like a dark cloud over her head.
Then, it dawned on Shakaku. Nearly everyone who knows her last name has made the connection between her and Tatsuya. Before she thought those critical looks were just from her being a beginner but now she realized it was because of who she shared the blood that was pooling in her mouth with. She watched as all her hopes of becoming captain crumbled around her. How could they trust a Shinigami to be captain who's brother was a killer? It's just not fair... she repeated in her head, feeling the stinging of tears pooling in her eyes.
Shakaku gave a fake yawn and rubbed the salt water away so Tenma couldn't tell that she was sitting there, crying like a baby. If she was too proud to apologize, she was definitely too proud to show a single tear.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 11:51 pm

Tenma noticed a small tear before she could wipe it away. His eyes darted away quickly as he didn't want to alert her that he knew she was crying. If she didn't want to openly cry about it then he wouldn't press her about it. He could however tell that she seemed ashamed to let anyone know who her brother was. He decided to let the name drop. Instead he spoke softly, in a rather peaceful and calming voice "No one other than ourselves can define our actions. Nothing can change what we are to become if we so desire it enough." He said, letting her know in his own way that no matter what her brother did, she had no reason to be ashamed of him. And that no one could judge for what he had done. "You will never be judged by me for anything anyone other than you does." He said simply as he got back up into a sitting postion and pulled her into a gentle hug. He had hoped to try and comfort her, and make her feel better. It was after all, his real goal. He smiled softly and handed her another flower, this one still had it's stem intact as well. He simply stayed there like that for a few.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Shakaku hugged Tenma back for just an instant before she pushed him away, shaking her head she spoke. "Thank you, Tenma but if you knew who my brother was I'm not quite so sure you would say that." She sighed deeply and pulled her eyes away from his. Flecks of irritation fluttered in her gut that were caused by his protective affection. She didn't need to be comforted. Whatever came her way, she was positive she could handle it herself.
Something in her called for his comfort, though. She wasn't certain if it was because she was growing attached to this man or if it was because she was missing the brotherly protection she got from Tatsuya when they were growing up that was manifesting itself into Tenma. Whatever it was, she was sure she would be able to separate herself from leech-like emotions such as these and focus on other things. Her longing for her brother has been suppressed until now when his name seemed to pop up in every conversation, but she was sure she could put the emotions on the back burner as soon as she could clear her mind and focus on other things. Maybe it was the lack of work from her squad that made her mind begin to think of things she shouldn't be thinking about. Work had always been a lullaby to her, easing her tension and clearing her mind.
Shakaku looked into Tenma's eyes and smiled sincerely. "I wish I could tell you about all the skeletons in my closet but I'm not really ready to tell anyone. Honestly, all the shit that has happened has been since after I died! And since I have... I really haven't had any close friends to talk to." She patted his knee and continued. "I'm glad I can call you a friend, though."
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Tenma smiled and nodded as he looked her in the eye. "And I'm glad I can call you a friend too." He said as he looked back toward the moon and sighed happily. He was happy she didn't hate him, and he was happy to have her as his friend, and maybe someday something could come of that. But right now he would focus on his training, and on being the best friend she could have. He layed back again and smiled as a firefly suddenly rose up from the grass. His smile grew as hundreds more rose up with it and filled the night sky around them with their light. He looked over to Shakaku and hugged her as they flew around. After letting her go he reached out and cupped his hands around one and then peeked inside. He watched the little bug buzz around for a moment or two before letting it go with a small smile. He then looked to his friend and smiled at her "Well this is just lovely now isn't it?" He asked as he layed back once more and watched the fireflies fly around in giant circles. He waved for her to join him as well. The sight was truly beautiful as they flew around the night sky. The moon a constant halo around them.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Shakaku smiled at the sight and laughed. "It's been a while since I've seen fireflies in such a big mass like this! It's simply incredible!" Fireflies were her favorite bug but she became a little nervous when they began to fly into her arms and legs, causing her to feel like rocks were being thrown at her. "Only thing I don't like about them is their dumb!" She growled and shook the pesky bugs from her clothes. All the little insects danced through the air swooping, spinning and twirling through the darkness. It looked as if the stars themselves separated from the heavens and came down in a mass to put on a show for her and Tenma to watch.

Shakaku turned to say something to Tenma but burst into laughter when she saw the massive amounts of fireflies in his hair. "Oh.. my..!" she struggled to get the words out. "You look like a decorated tree! Ha!" She snorted and laughed until her side began to hurt. "Whew!" She ran a hand through her hair only to realize a mass of them were tangled in her red stands as well. "Eww!" She shrieked and raked handfuls out of her crimson locks and set them free to dance with their other insect buddies. "That's seriously gross! Let's go over there before they start crawling up in my shirt," Shakaku shivered at the thought and stood, dusting off any more pesky fireflies and she began to run to the tree that they started the night at. There, they would still be able to see the firefly dance, their surroundings and the gorgeous night sky.

Shakaku scurried up the tree and reached the branch they were on only an hour ago and sat, watching Tenma to see if he would follow.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 12:54 am

Tenma smiled as he watched her squirm and wriggle the fireflies out of her clothing and hair. They didn't bother him that much honestly but he quickly freed himself of their presence, taking extra care to gently pat them out of his black and crimson hair, and followed her. He moved through the tree with just as much ease as before and joined Shakaku on the top branch. There he looked over at her and marveled at how simply divine she looked. The faint glow of the fireflies below gave her ksin a very light glow, and the light of the great full moon above them reflected off of her eyes in such a way that his breath caught in his throat.
He quickly regained his composure, taking great care to make sure he didn't seem like a fool, and sat next to her and looked out toward the marvelous dance of the fireflies. Here they could see both the fireflies, and the moon, both lights seemingly majestic in sight, as well as mysterious in their own ways. He looked back over to Shakaku and smiled at her, he had felt that this night had been amazing so far. Sharing the light of the full moon, and the light of the fireflies with someone he cared deeply about, nothing could top that. He felt his smile widen slightly and he gave her a gentle hug before looking back toward the view.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 11:09 pm

Shakaku smiled and leaned against him ever so slightly. "Do you always stare at girls the way you stare at me? I catch you doing it quite often and I'm not sure if I should be flattered or a little creeped out," she chuckled and stared out at the spectacle they both were witnessing.

Despite the rocky start they had earlier in the evening, she was really starting to enjoy this time spent with Tenma. It was this kind of closeness she really appreciated in a friend. As crazy as it seemed, the whole situation, the gorgeous full moon, the mass of fireflies dancing through the purplish blue air, the companionship of the man sitting next to her, made her feel pretty. It seemed as if she was on top of the world and that she could conquer anything. All the days work of being a Shinigami really took away the very aspect of just sitting back, relaxing and enjoying the simple things that life had to offer. Though she didn't want it to end, she could feel the milky cloud of fatigue clouding her eyes and thoughts causing her to yawn for real. The water that pooled into her eyes made the tiny lights of the flying insects bleed and streak into each other as if she was looking through her window on a rainy day.

Giving Tenma a hug of her own, Shakaku murmured softly. "We should really get going back to the barracks. If we don't head back in the next 30 minutes, people are going to start gossiping." She jumped down from the branch and landed like a cat on the grassy floor below. "and we wouldn't want that, now would we?" She plopped to the ground and slipped on her shoes while waiting for her friend to follow her down.
Back to top Go down
Tenma Yamato

Tenma Yamato

Male

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 am

Tenma smiled and as she leaned against him he whispered into her ear. "I'll put it this way, I don't stare much." He said as he smiled. He frowned softly as she jumped down and he realized this magical night was in fact coming to a close. He jumped down next to her and nodded his head "Couldn't have that now could we?" He said with a light chuckle. He took her hand gently however and pulled her into a big hug. He didn't want this night to end without at least one really good one instead of the gentle ones they had given each other. After the hug he pulled back and he locked eyes with her for a but a moment. However, his nerves screamed for him to kiss her with each passing nanosecond. He fought off the strong desire though as he knew she wouldn't want that. Instead he reached inside of his uniform and pulled out a piece of red paper. He then used the tree trunk as a makeshift table and quickly crafted an origami rose. He then knelt back down and picked up a real, rather lovely flower from below them. He placed the red flower in her hair, behind her ear. He then handed the origami one to her. "One real flower for a night to remember, and one paper one to keep it in your mind forever." He said as he smiled and looked up at the moon. It was in fact very late, they should get back and despite him knowing she could take care of herself, and them still being in soul society, he bowed politely and spoke. "Would you allow a simple gentleman to walk with you?" He asked before raising his head with a small grin on his face.
Back to top Go down
Shakaku

Shakaku

Female

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Shakaku accepted his offer graciously and they began to walk back to the Squad 1 barracks. It was a silent walk but a comfortable one. She listened to the sound of their footsteps crunching the gravel beneath their feet as she kept her eyes straight ahead. They entered the barracks, passed the Captain's quarters and continued to walk silently through the sleeping houses. "This is my humble home here." She walked up to the door, unlocked it and turned to face Tenma with a smile. "It's been a wonderful night." She reached up to give Tenma a hug. "I really wish it didn't have to end." She sighed at the thought of going into her home when she knew she wasn't going to sleep anyways.

Shakaku planted a warm kiss on his cheek and backed away. "Good night, Tenma," she smiled, turned and walked into her house, ending the night between them with a quiet click.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Chance Meeting Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Meeting   A Chance Meeting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Chance Meeting
Page 1 of 1