The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Draylontis

Draylontis

Male
Number of Posts : 339
Quote : There is always more you can do.
Registration Date : 2011-06-04

Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training) Empty
PostSubject: Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training)   Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 3:01 pm

It was a bright sunny day with few clouds overhead, however it was quite warm and humid as well. Draylon had headed over towards the kido practice fields in order to practice new forms with his shikai ability and try and figure out more ways to use it to give him more flexibility and variation in combat. In the past he had really just been throwing around lightning bolts at his enemies because that is all that had been really required, he hadn't encountered a touch enemy since he had unlocked his shikai. He was happy to see that almost noone was at the training fields at the time.

Draylon took in a deep breath then let it out. He let the electricity flow out of his hands and a sudden thought occurred to him, he lengthened the electricity until it was about 5 feet long and started swinging it around like a whip. Hmm, using in this manner is a lot harder than i thought it would be, the fact that its make of electricity which is not a constant and the fact that it takes the shape of a whip, which is hard to control in and of itself makes it extremely difficult to use practically. Although it could be used as a technique to keep someone at bay, but then again i could just create an electrical field around me. Dray let the electricity flow back into him and created a barrier made of electricity from his body. Control is still a problem, electricity is so erratic that it is hard to when confined to anything than the most simplest forms. On top of that without good control it is hard to see through this barrier, which just won't do.

He powered down the barrier around him and sat down. Before i go any further in exploring the possibilities of my ability i need to first learn how to better control it. He pondered how he could have to learn to control it properly but he already knew the only real way he would be able to control it would be a lot of practice.

He sighed and threw his thoughts of various techniques out of his head to focus on control for now. He took a deep breath and started off small, sending out a small spark from his hand about 4 inches long. Concentrating on the spark in his hand he slowly straightened it out, slowly focusing on the varying strands and correcting their path. It did not take that long to correct a and get a steady beam of controlled electricity. He slowly started to extrude a few perpendicular lines, slowly changing it until it looked like an old fashioned key. Then a sudden thought occurred to him, He could basically just make art using electricity, not only would it improve his control over his ability but it would also use up his energy, which would prompt his riatsu to get stronger as well so it would be able to cope, it's a good thing Draylon was at least decently artistic so he could use this method of training and it would be fun, turning training into a beautiful hobby. He smirked realized how much fun he was going to have in the future practicing his abilities.

Draylon looked around for something to sculpt using his electricity and deciding that there really was not anything nearby he wanted to sculpt he decided to head over to the forest on the edge of Seireitei and train there. It only took him a few minutes to get over there to where he wanted to be. It was a somewhat dense forest, with lots of trees, bushes and animals. The Trees were swaying slightly in the wind and he could hear the scurrying of animals as he entered the Forest and started to navigate through the Forest. After only going a short ways into the forest he spotted a rabbit, which should make a good subject to try and create a electric model of. As he created some electricity the rabbit suddenly got spooked and bolted off into some nearby bushes. Oh right, a lot of animals can sense that sort of thing... I suppose I will have to find something that cant sense electricity as a threat. Dray looked around at his surrounding as he walked around, there were a lot of different types of bushes and such, and a few brambles and of course a good variation of trees. It wasn't until he spotted a unique flower that he decided what he wanted to sculpt. He went through the forest until he had 8 different types of flowers and decided that it probably wouldn't be a good idea to do the kind of training he as going to do as it would probably burn his energy out relatively quickly and would take intense concentration.

So He walked over back to the kido fields to try to replicate the flowers he had picked, once he was there he carefully selected one of the flowers, very simple in design and holding the flower in one hand and controlling the electricity in his other he started to form the flower. First he formed the stem, making sure it was the same length as the flower in his other hand, then he slowly formed the 2 leaves and a budding leaf, adjusting size until he got it right, he had decided early on that he would only do outlines for now and not try to replicate the leaf veins. Then while maintaining the form he slowly added a branch off point for this flower had 2 fully formed flowers and one that was just starting to open. He formed the pollen area of each of the flowers the started adding petals to one of the flowers that was completely open then the other then finally the last flower which was just opening, this part was by far the hardest, making the electric petals overlap so completely. Finally finished he compared it to the flower in his other hand, turning both of them to make sure he had replicated it correctly. Satisfied with his work he moved the electric flower over to out of the way still maintaining it, that had been something he had decided on early on was that he would keep the previous made flowers. It would take an intense amount of concentration but that is what he was training.

He started working on the next flower, which was slightly more complex, he slowly made the flower bit by bit over the course of a half an hour, the only real problem came when he realized he was losing concentration on the other flower, and had to take 5 minutes to fix the previous flower, over the course of the next few hours he finished one flower after another until he was on the 7th flower, he had been having a lot of difficulty maintaining concentration on the his previous creations while making this one, and his vision was slightly blurry and he was having a lot of trouble, when suddenly as he was putting the final touches on the leaves his concentration suddenly broke, and all his work lost form and dissipated. He sat there in shock for a little bit, his mind fuzzy and exhausted after concentrating that long, he attempted to recreate his work but it just fizzled in his hands. Only then did he realize the toll that constantly using his energy had taken upon him over the last few hours.

Exhausted he wobbled to his feet and headed back to his barracks to rest, hoping that a good night's sleep would allow him to fully recover so he could continue training tomorrow, even though he was pretty sure it would take longer than that to recover.

Training:Technique
Back to top Go down
Kaoseu Enjel

Kaoseu Enjel

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Location : In the midst of disaster, dancing upon the scalding remains of this forever burning creation that has been deemed Hell. Care to join me? >:D
Job/Interests : Working on it/ Writing, Drawing, BMX
Quote : Fear is the strength which allows me to live...
Registration Date : 2010-05-15

Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training)   Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:36 pm

Alright, before the addition, just a few tips from a writer. make sure everything connects and flows smoothly. You don't want jumpy transitions between paragraphs, though I kinda liked how it felt much like the flow of thinking. Just a pointer, sorry Razz

Anyways, +1 to Technique. I hope to see more of this flower training ^-^
Back to top Go down

Practicing with lightning (Solo, Training)
Page 1 of 1