The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Admin moderation?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:32 am

Is it just me or does it seem that some admins are very stingy with awarding stats*cough xavier* and others very free and giving*cough sal*? Is there any sort of standardization in this or is it just a, personal opinion reward system?

Im simply curious as it seems some people advance their characters very quickly and others it takes weeks to get an approving post, and even longer to get a worthwhile amount of stats.
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female
Number of Posts : 421
Quote : Trying and Doing are two different things. Just do it.
Registration Date : 2009-06-04

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:57 am

Lol, I put the same question to Xavier barely a week ago. It's not Admin's fault; they generally pick the first thread they see that needs marking, and they don't mean to pass over others. That's why they set up the Call Admin threads so that posts they miss can be brought to their attention. Despite my theories, they are apparently not evil computer programs designed to judge me through the quality of my writing, lol. They are human, and have their own lives and if they miss a few posts, it can't be helped. And I know it always seems like they miss the same people (me and you for example), but trust me, that's just bad luck on our parts.

And as for the first part of your comment, I personally feel Xavier is quite generous to my rather pathetic posts, and Sal is a little more picky with my clearly poor writing, so I guess it varies from person to person. Xav and Sal each have their own standards, and that can't be faulted. At the end of the of the day, they do the job, and they do it exceptionally well, better than a lot of RP forums I've been on.

If you think your posts are being overlooked, post it up on the Call Admin after the 3 day mark, and wait 2-3 more days. If it's still not been marked, politely PM one. But I've not seen it come to that. Just keep posting in the meantime, whether they've marked your previous one or not. Their punishment is the longer they leave it, the more they'll have to mark when they get to it. Twisted Evil I hope I've been a bit helpful Smile

((And yay this is the 2500 message on the forum!!... bounce ))
Back to top Go down
Katrex

Katrex

Male
Number of Posts : 83
Registration Date : 2009-06-09

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:35 am

AYou seemed to miss the intention of the post. I was simply asking if theres is some sort of system used to grade posts or if it was just done by personal oppinion Razz
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:37 am

In defense of my post, you did accuse them of being stingy sometimes Razz and you did ask why some people advance quicker than others. Did my post not answer THOSE questions?

And judging that you think Xavier is stingy which is the complete reverse of my own experiances, shouldn't that suggest that there is some form of personal judgement involved?

Last edited by Himawari on Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jin

Jin

Male
Number of Posts : 213

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 6:40 am

im suprised too be honest i would have said xav was more leniant with points than sal, but still there is criteria they look for such as quality of writing, detail, length of post but the interpretation of it is up to the admin. But if your post has very poor spelling no matter how good its quality its not allowed to get more than +3. Thats all i know hope its helpful Very Happy

EDIT: i noticed when i read your post himawari you were very negative about your writing skill, dont do it you do have talent owtherwise why would people continue to join rp's with you ? Razz but yeah it wont improve if you dont think you have the skill too improve it, your doing well keep going in that direction Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:42 am

*looks around forum*
i like the admin Wink
lol tbh i think as long as they're consistent with the amount of points they give it's all good- and they are so worries over Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:44 am

Jin wrote:
im suprised too be honest i would have said xav was more leniant with points than sal, but still there is criteria they look for such as quality of writing, detail, length of post but the interpretation of it is up to the admin. But if your post has very poor spelling no matter how good its quality its not allowed to get more than +3. Thats all i know hope its helpful Very Happy

EDIT: i noticed when i read your post himawari you were very negative about your writing skill, dont do it you do have talent owtherwise why would people continue to join rp's with you ? Razz but yeah it wont improve if you dont think you have the skill too improve it, your doing well keep going in that direction Very Happy

I'm naturally negative about my own skills, it's what makes me strive to improve Razz But I appreciate your compliment yay
Back to top Go down
Xavier Cranwell

Xavier Cranwell

Male
Number of Posts : 722
Job/Interests : Marine aspirant / writer
Registration Date : 2009-04-13

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 2:03 pm

Ok just to clear up, there is a system which is a rough guideling for admin to follow when awarding points. However personal opinion on the quality of the post has to be taken in to acount as well. So basically yes if i think the post is not good then why would i award a wopping load of points to it, dosn't make sense eh?

And as for people advancing quicker than others that is because they would post either more lengthy posts or a lot more of them.

Hope that clears it up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Admin moderation? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Admin moderation?   Admin moderation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Admin moderation?
Page 1 of 1