The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male
Number of Posts : 262
Quote : War....war never changes....
Registration Date : 2010-08-01

Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) Empty
PostSubject: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 9:03 am

He walked slowly through the rubble. His mind was a complete black. He didn't know how he got here, but oddly he knew where he was. The Dojo. The smoke was just clearing. He was searching for something, and he knew he needed to find it. But He oddly didn't know what it was. He rummaged through the debris. He had to find it. Find what? he thought, shaking his head with frustration. He had been here for...he had forgotten when he got here. Anger and frustration rose in him like a volcano, and something else. A single tear ran down his cheek, he touched it and looked at his hand curiously. Why? he thought, as his emotions rose to extreme levels. He began throwing the debris aside, digging through it trying to find, something.

As he reached for another handfull of rubble something cut his hand open. He pull his hand back with a start. The cut on his right hand was deep. Deep enough to leave a scar. Before his eyes the wound scared over. It troubled him only a moment. His eyes caught what had cut him. The broken blade of a katana. Slowly, he reached down and wrapped his fingers around the handle. A shadowy figure with its own katana raised above its head appeared in front of him. Before he could react the shadowy figure brought the weapon down in a fatal strike.

Last edited by Kazuhiko on Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:33 pm

Kazuhiko awoke with a start, sitting straight up in his seat. He ran the back of his hand across his forehead, wiping away a thin sheen of sweat. "another nightmare.." he mumbled under his breath. He had been having these nightmares since the night his grandfather died, nearly six months ago. The plane trembled through some light turbulence, awakening some of the other passengers. He looked out the window, his mind began to review the last six months.

He had been hospitalized that night for a concussion, but was released the next day. He left the hospital and immediately took a cab to what was left of his grandfathers dojo. He had arrived just as the investigators were leaving. He scowled at the memory of what the investigators had told him. Gas leak....yeah a gas leak that was dressed like a ninja and carried a shinigami's sword... He thought in disgust. He remembered going through the rubble, and finding the only thing that remained of his grandfather. The katana that his grandfather used to channel his own supernatural powers. Oddly enough the handle and blade weren't even charred. The sadness and pain of losing his grandfather had overwhelmed him then, but was almost completely gone now. He stayed in Okinawa until the dojo was rebuilt and he found someone to run the dojo while he was 'traveling abroad', as he called it.

The pilot's voice came across the loudspeakers in the plane announcing that the plane would be landing in Tokyo soon. Kaz smiled, One step closer, he thought. He pulled his train ticket out of his pocket, a one way ticket to Karakura Town.
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:15 pm

Kazuhiko Settled into his seat silently, Un-noticed by the trains other occupants. He smiled to himself, under the hood of his jacket no one seemed to notice him, or even bother to try and see his face. He like the idea of being anonymous, it made life alot easier if a hollow or something else tried to attack him. That last thought made him chuckle to himself, I wish one would try...the hollows on Okinawa provided little challenge over the last six months... he thought, his hand moving sub-consciously to the object stuffed into his belt. It comforted him to have it, It being one of the only things of his grandfathers he could find in the wreckage of the dojo. His mind drifted back to the day he discover just what a treasure the shattered sword had really been.

Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:42 pm

::Five months earlier::

He sat silently at the edge of the construction area, watching as the workers rebuilt his grandfathers dojo. He had inherited it after his grandfathers tragic demise. A death that was added to the memories already burned into his mind of his own parents. He shook his head, bringing his mind back to the matters at hand, figuring out what to do from here. Over the last month he felt lost, and unsure of not only himself but of who he could trust, especially where shinigami were concerned. There was no doubt in his mind that a shinigami had murdered his father, why and who were the questions he needed answers to. But he knew the answer to those questions would have to wait. Right now he had other things to worry about, like training his powers to the next level. He didn't want to be caught off guard again.

He realized that he was channeling some of his power into the shattered sword that he had in his hand. It was His grandfathers sword that Kaz had used before, but with drastically different results. When his grandfather had used the sword his powers seemed to meld with the blade, and flow from it like a river. When kaz even touched the blade before, his powers went haywire, never reacting the same way twice. But now was different, with the blade shattered he could hold the sword, even channel some of his own powers into the weapon before things started to go awry. But, if he touched the small piece of what was left of the blade then the same things would happen as before. He had been thinking about this alot lately. Why is it only when i touch the blade itself... He thought.

He realized that he was channeling some of his power into the shattered sword that he had in his hand. It was His grandfathers sword that Kaz had used before, but with drastically different results. When his grandfather had used the sword his powers seemed to meld with the blade, and flow from it like a river. When kaz even touched the blade before, his powers went haywire, never reacting the same way twice. But now was different, with the blade shattered he could hold the sword, even channel some of his own powers into the weapon before things started to go awry. But, if he touched the small piece of what was left of the blade then the same things would happen as before. He had been thinking about this alot lately. Why is it only when i touch the blade itself...e realized that he was channeling some of his power into the shattered sword that he had in his hand. It was His grandfathers sword that Kaz had used before, but with drastically different results. When his grandfather had used the sword his powers seemed to meld with the blade, and flow from it like a river. When kaz even touched the blade before, his powers went haywire, never reacting the same way twice. But now was different, with the blade shattered he could hold the sword, even channel some of his own powers into the weapon before things started to go awry. But, if he touched the small piece of what was left of the blade then the same things would happen as before. He had been thinking about this alot lately. Why is it only when i touch the blade itself...

He reached for the bag he had brought with him, and the small leather bound book inside. It was his grandfathers journal, something Kaz had been reading every day since they found it in the wreckage of the once fine dojo. Most of the entries were very personal things, but those didn't concern him much anymore. He flipped through the pages until he came to the oddest entry in the entire journal, and the longest. It was nearly a quarter of the entire book, and both sides of each page were covered in notes, equations, small drawings. But his eyes went to the one thing that stood out the most to him. It was the only mention in the entire book of the sword, and it took up the entire page. In it his grandfather mentioned a forge somewhere on the Dojo's grounds, and in it is where the sword was first made. Kaz had found the forge the day before, and immediately went to work trying to fix the blade. But sadly, no matter how hot the coals got, the blade never seemed to heat up. He read the notes about the blade over and over again, hoping to find a way to fix the blade. He got up and without looking up from the book, he walked into the treeline and made his way to the forge.

When he entered the forge he was just finishing reading the last sentence in the entry for the fourth time since he started towards this place. "This blade is part of me. Forged from the very essence of my soul." he said out loud. He knew that last phrase meant something but he didn't know what. He set the book down in the only chair in the medium sized room containing the forge, an anvil, and other things (he assumed) that were needed in making a sword. He honestly didn't know if that was the truth or not, but he didn't want to know. He sat on the ground and rested his back against the wall there. He really had no idea what he was doing in here, and silently fidgeted with the shattered sword in his hand. His mind drifted back to the day his grandfather had died, then back further to the first time he had seen his grandfather use the sword with his own powers.

Suddenly His mind rushed back to his surroundings, and he shot to his feet. Something had startled him, but he didn't know what. He looked around, Nothing...Just me, the forge, anvil, My grandfathers journal, and the glowing sword in my hands...nothing unusual. He thought silently, his ear listening for anything out of the ordinary, and his sense reaching out to its maximum limits.

It took his mind a few seconds to process what it had seen at first. His head swung around so fast his vision blurred for a moment. The sword....its...no its not just glowing, the energy is?....It is!! Its forming a small part of the blade....of energy? He thought, his eyes wide in wonder. What he saw gave him an off the wall idea. He tried to concentrate to make the small piece larger, but it instead shimmered in and out of existence. But he could feel heat coming off the blade
At the base of the blade, however, the energy he had subconsciously channeled into the blade was fast at work, changing the blade not just spiritually, but physically as well, as the blade began to glow from the heat. Kaz focused his mind, and powers like a laser, picturing the blade being cut clean off the handle.

The sound of metal crashing on the stone floor broke his concentration. At his feet lay the remnants of the blade. But in his hands was a blade of pure energy attached to the handle where the metal blade had just been. Kaz smiled at himself as he grabbed a pair of tongs and picked up the shattered blade, and set it next to now cold forge. "I'll find a way to use you as well. I promise." he said to the blade.
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:28 pm

He spent the next three months focusing and honing his skills, Not just with the blade, but with his other techniques as well. He pushed himself hard, often going a week or more with little to no sleep. He trained to re-purpose and focus his current techniques, develop a new one, but, most importantly he trained as if he was going to war. His training oftentimes brought him to the point of giving up, but the image of the shinigami that killed his grandfather would burn itself into his mind and he would push himself harder than before. His Best accomplishment during these months of training was the new technique he not only taught himself, but nearly perfected.

((OOC: this is his third technique that I was supposed to take at making Kaz but i didn't. I have also re-worked One of his original techniques to make it more defense based. The following is the Original and the reworked technique as well as the new technique.

(Original) Technique #1: Jimmu (Divine Might): An energy field forms around Kaz's hands and feet like a second skin. This 'Armor' increases Kaz's damage and creates small burst of energy, it also enables him to damage hollows and shinigami, and parry a zanpakuto. This technique enables Kaz to fight on par with a shinigami. This is his most frequently used technique, and the only one he has mastered so far.

(reworked) Technique #1: Jimmu (Divine Might): Spiritual energy based armor forms around Kaz's entire body, granting him a large boost to his defenses, but restricting him from using Shukuchi while activated. But he takes reduced damage and his attacks still cause a burst of spiritual energy for increased damage and a knockback. The 'Armor' is indescribably durable and takes alot of damage to even crack it, however the shock wave, or concision from an attack will still do some damage.
Bonus: +5 to spirit, Shukuchi cannot be used, while active/

New Technique.
Name: Ghost Blade
Discription: This technique is similar to Jimmu in that it is a self 'Buff' (so to speak). But Drastically different. While Jimmu is primaraly a defensive technique, Ghost Blade is pure offense. The 'Armor' from jimmu completely fades to form the blade, but in its place glowing tattoo like lines weave and criss-cross his skin, and unlike his other powers his eyes seem to burn blue with power. This technique greatly enhances his movement and attacking damage, at the cost of his defensive armor.

This technique also focuses his Powers natural ability to absorb the spiritual energy of others in that, any cut from the blade weakens the bonds holding his opponents spiritual energy. Thus allowing him to drain his opponents energy at an increased rate with each cut. The blade itself is about 6 inches longer and 3 inches wider than the average katana.

Special Note: Shukuchi can and is used (heavily) with this technique.
I will be posting a picture of the Sword soon, Need to draw it again. (stupid dogs....)

OOC end.))

Last edited by Kazuhiko on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 12:34 pm

The train slowed to a stop. He had arrived at his destination. His mind focused on its extra sense. He could sense dozens of high spiritual preasures. He had a small smile on his face when he pushed the sense back to its corner of his mind. He didn't know if the person he particularly wanted to hunt down was here in Karakura town or not, but He would find that person one way or another. But first he had to figure out who it was, and he was prepared to do what was necessary to find those responsible and make them pay. He stood and made his way to the doors of the train. His nonchalant way of walking with his head tilted forward could fool even expert fighters into thinking he wasn't aware of his surrounding. The opposite was the truth, his every sense focused and poised for combat at a split-seconds notice. The handle to his newest weapon securly hinden up his sleeve, ready for use should he need it. Time to get to workhe thought to himself as he stepped of the train and back into Karakura Town.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2011 4:19 pm

Sorry for late reply, but was reading and rereading this for your rank up.
Edited your character profile for the new moves. This is technically an invention thread as you've crafted a new tool for use. On that note you are missing your 3rd ability as a superhuman.
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15, 2011 8:53 pm

ok invention app posted, anything else?

Third power as agreed.

New Technique (reworked).
Name: Shōten (昇天) [Ascension]
Discription: This technique is similar to Jimmu in that it is a self 'Buff' (so to speak). But Drastically different. While Jimmu is primaraly a defensive technique, This is pure offense. The 'Armor' from jimmu completely fades into the skin forming glowing tattoo like lines that weave and criss-cross his skin, and unlike his other powers his eyes seem to burn blue with power. This technique greatly enhances his mobility, at the cost of his defensive armor. This technique also focuses his Powers natural ability to absorb the spiritual energy of others in that allows him to drain his opponents energy at an increased rate. This technique was specifically designed for use of his Ghost Blade.
Bonus: +5 speed while activated, Shukuchi can be used.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2011 2:21 am

I thought it was going to be a Fighting skill boost not speed since you wanted offensive for this mode rather than defensive from the last one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)   Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return to Karakura. Haunting memories. (solo) (Finished)
Page 1 of 1