The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The way of the sword (Darkmaster)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

The way of the sword (Darkmaster) Empty
PostSubject: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 12:39 am

A letter awaited him when he entered his room. At first he thought it was a message from Master Sung, but upon opening the letter he saw a quite different penmanship. The letter wasn't from the old man, but it was from a previous teacher. It would seem that Takahata the one that taught him, was requesting that he visit his class. Rather than just teaching he wanted to have a demonstration of the sword skills. Arawn recalled no such demonstration when he was learning Kendo. He could only guess Takahata wanted to try something different. It made sense, teaching the same way for years would get beyond boring. The thought of it made him visibly shudder. He sat on his bed and reread the letter.
"Should I?" he asked aloud, almost hoping for someone to say something. There wasn't a reason for him to say yes or no, but he didn't want to embarrass himself in front of the students. Still he had been neglecting his practice lately. His recent confrontations with hollows had fared well. He could take the demonstration as a chance to sharpen his techniques. It wasn't like he was going to be fighting to the death. Even better it was an excuse to take the day off.

The next day

He entered the dojo. The place looked the same as when he left. Of course it would, why would they change it? He looked around. It would seem he was in the right place. Several people dressed in the student uniforms sat against the far east wall and black robed shinigami stood against the north wall opposite the entrance. Takahata stood in the middle of the floor waiting. "Welcome." He said less than cheerfully, "Stand over there."
At first Arawn thought he was going to be the only one, but it was now obvious he wasn't the only one to receive a letter. He walked over to join the other robed shinigami, some people looked vaguely familiar, but he couldn't remember any names.
"We have a few more people coming, we'll wait another 10 minutes then begin." Takahata barked.

Last edited by Arawn on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:50 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling gremlins quick farking with me >.>)
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 11:44 am

Tatsuya walked into the dojo, he to had also received a letter from Takahata-sensei the day before. He was interested in what Sensei had in mind. "Hello, please take a spot over there." Takahata pointed towards the wall where other shinigami were. As Tatsuya made his way to the wall, he spotted a familiar face. "Ah, so you got invited too, Arawn." He spoke softly as he found a spot next to him. "What do you think is going on?" He asked, curious to think of what Arawn thought of the situation.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:17 pm

It was hard for Arawn to forget the tall man as he approached. He bowed and smiled at Tatsuya's greeting. Silently he wished others people could be just a memorable. "Yeah, I got a letter too. I'm guessing that it's just like he said; we're to put on a show for the students." He did a quick head count. There were now 9 shinigami gathered. As far as Arawn could recall most of his Takahata's class spanned a good hour or more. Individually there would take too long, but pairs could work. The question was how much time would they get.
Takahata clapped his hands loudly shaking Arawn from his thoughts.

"Alright! That's long enough." He grunted. The loud clap was part of his teaching, the students were conditioned to come to attention when he did so. Somehow Arawn still remembered to do so subconsciously. "Today class I've summoned shinigami from various divisions to show you evolved swordplay. What I teach is a base for later ability. The sword does not stay the same, those who wish to become true swordsmen train themselves to become one with the sword and skill unique to their form. " Arawn was shocked, never had he heard the man speak so poetically, his mouth hung open. When learning from the man he had only gotten growls, shouting and grunting. "Let's get started." Takahata glanced at the group of shinigami, and noticed shocked expression on his face. "You!" He pointed directly at Arawn, his face controted. It was apparent he didn't remember his name, just he didn't like his face. "State your name and division and take the field!" Doubtful

Arawn looked around in the group, the others had distanced themselves and were staring at him. There would be no denying he was the one chosen. With a sigh he cleared his throat and stepped forward while adjusting his blade upon his back.
"Arawn Dan'Shir, Division 12!" Takahata snorted. There were audible snickers and laughter. He expected as much. Almost no one in his squad carried a sword. "You, big man! You're up too." He pointed this time at the biggest man in the room; Tatsuya.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 8:56 pm

"Heh, what an interesting choice of words. Makes me wish I completely finished training on my 'special' technique." He smiled as he thought to himself after listening to the sensei. Tatsuya was brought back to his senses when Sensei pointed at Arawn. "Looks like your up." He smiled down at him. His smile quickly disappeared when he heard the audible laughter of the class. Looking at the entire class with a less than appreciative gesture across his face, they quickly got his quiet signal when he subtly took in a deep breath expanding his chest to bring the their attention to his gaze, quieting them down. Though it also got the attention of the sensei, when Tatsuya noticed the sensei pointing at him and calling him. He took a step forward and confidently spoke out. "Tatsuya Okibi, 2nd Division." He maintained his look of intimidation as he looked from one side of the room to the other. The students whispered to each other, probably wondering how a big man like him got into the assassination squad. "Now then. What would you like from us Sensei?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Takahata slapped his face with the palm of his right hand. A loud audible slap. He looked at the tall shinigami and sighed.
"Are you really in the second division? You're lacking some intelligence there boy!" There were snickers from the crowd. Arawn winced, Takahata was already agitated. Asking a simple question was obviously going to raise his ire further. "I'll keep it simple for you." The instructor continued "Take that pointy thing you're carrying and swing it at the shrimp!" The students laughter was more pronounced now, Takahata cut his eyes at the group and they quieted down. "It's a demonstration big guy, show them what you got!" He stepped away from the two would be combatants joining the shinigami standing to the side of the room.

Arawn shook his head. "Sorry about that." he said once Takahata was out of earshot. He drew his sword from the sheath across his back in his right hand. Once free from he pulled the sheath from his shoulder with his left. Arawn dug his finger into the opening. The outer shell of the sheath fell off like molting snake. Arawn kicked the casing to the far wall and flexed his back. "Ahhhhh. That's better." He muttered taking a practice swing with the metal sheath in one hand and the sword in the other. "Let's not disappoint the audience." Arawn lunged and swung his sword into a downward slash.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 11:56 pm

Tatsuya's facial expression did not change, even as he was insulted by Sensei. It was not in his persona to disrespect a teacher especially not in front of his class. He just stood by, awaiting Sensei to step aside. "Don't worry about it, I've heard worse from hollows." He commented to Arawn's apology for Sensei. He watched as Arawn drew his sword and then removed the casing from his sheath. "Heh, interesting." He commented out loud as Arawn flexed his back. He figured that the casing was weighing him down, so he would be faster then when they were in the academy. He gripped the hilt of his sword in a reverse up-facing grip with his right hand and smoothly unsheathed it. "Lets." He quickly spun the sword around his hand to a traditional grip and clashed with Arawn's attack. His attack was close to Tatsuya's tsuba, so he used Arawn's attack force to spin his sword hilt around to his left hand as he dragged his right leg back around to his left to avoid the attack. Tatsuya skillfully caught the sword in his left hand and swung horizontally outwards at Arawn.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:26 am

There was a moment of surprise as he watched the big man move. Even though he should know better he didn't expect such swiftness from such a large form. His blow was easily blocked. The large man deftly switched hands with his weapon and countered. Arawn didn't need to use such techniques, he already had a weapon in each hand. With the blade in his right hand he switched to an underhand grip and blocked the slash. He returned the attack with a horizontal swing with the metal scabbard from the left.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 12:54 pm

He grinned as his attack was blocked by his friend. He had improved his skills. This was confirmed when he saw him attack with his scabbard. Keeping their swords locked together, Tatsuya reinforced the grip on his sword with his left hand, before skillfully rotating it so the blade would stop the scabbard. All the while sending sparks from the friction of the clashed blades. He used the combined strength of his arms to push away Arawn to give him distance. "Glad to see you improved." He used the length of his reach, swinging his sword with his right arm in an upward diagonal slash to the left. And intending to continue with a horizontal slash to the right.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 2:41 pm

The smaller man laughed at the praise. "Yes, it seems I have improved. It's a shame that you have too." The bigger man easily had tossed him backwards, there was no overcoming such strength. "The power to overcome any trap, and speed to denies a powerful blow." Again he laughed. He definitely had gotten a troublesome opponent. There was something he could do; focus not on his strength, but his speed. Read his motions and plan two steps, plots and tactics. Break the mountain bit by bit. The large blade swung at him and he stepped into it, and crossed over his right arm and blocked with his blade. The edge skated up the side his weapon. Before the second swing he dropped and spun sweeping with his sheath at Tatsuya's leg. As he dropped the second slash hissed over his head. He stood raising his own blade upwards.
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Much of Tatsuya's weight was distributed to his front leg. The same leg that Arawn's sheath was aiming for. He tried his best to redistribute his weight, but could not react in time. Tatsuya began to fall forward after having his knee struck. Noticing almost too late, Tatsuya rolled to his right to escape the oncoming slash. Ignoring the pain in his knee, he also forgot the main fact that this fight was just a demonstration. He had quickly risen to his feet and jumped back to draw Arawn in. The second his feet hit the ground Tatsuya used shunpo, coming down with a heavy vertical strike directly in front of Arawn.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 3:00 pm

Arawn grinned at the satisfying crack as his sheath connected. He had hobbled the giant. But not enough. The man still managed to avoid the second strike. The students where stunned into silence at the two combatants. Even Takahata was observing them intently. None of this was seen by the smaller shinigami, he only saw Tatsuya his target.

The larger man jumped backwards and Arawn moved to follow. In an instant Tatsuya was before him and bringing his weapon to bear. CRAP shunpo! Arawn barely raised his sheath in a clumsy block. The large weapon bit into his shoulder, the sheath barely keeping the blow from going deeper. He pushed forward with his left and backwards with his feet to move him away a couple of steps. "Of course you'd know shunpo." he laughed. He could feel the blood coming from his wounded left shoulder. He flexed the arm. Some pain, but still functional. it would best to avoid using it too much.

Arawn turned his body to the side like a fencer, right leg forward. His left hand close to his body. He lunged thrusting low and high with his sword. his reiatsu flared and he shunpo'd after his second attack vanished. He appeared behind Tatsuya, "And of course I know shunpo as well." He slashed horizontally at the larger man.

Last edited by Arawn on Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : EDIT pressing send too fast.)
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 6:10 pm

Tatsuya simultaneously dodged and parried Arawn's attacks. He swung quickly after the second attack only to hit air as Arawn used shunpo. "Crap." He was cut along his back as he tried to turn and block the attack. "Heh, I didn't think you learned that, being stuck in your lab and all." He took a step back and faced Arawn. Tatsuya felt the warm blood ooze from the open gash. Tatsuya to change his tactics, yes brute strength was effective, but speed worked just as well. He quickly unleashed a flurry of straight jabs with his sword, not wanting to give Arawn anytime to adjust. As he extended his final jab, rather than bring back his sword for a stronger strike, he pushed straight down.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 am

"Sitting in the lab means I'm always studying and learning things." He managed to snicker before Tatsuya released his barrage. The use of two hands would have helped significantly in such a situation, but his left was injured. He held his arm with sheath against his body to guard his face. While he tried to parry the incoming strikes with his blade. He wasn't fast enough. As he managed to thwart one jab, the other landed. The next he guarded the two following it weren't. The metal bit his flesh multiple times, and still the onslaught continued. Arawn tried to back out of the other man's strikes, but his blade and size gave him amazing reach. Suddenly a strike became a slash. Tatsuya's blade cut downward into his left arm, and Arawn's hand released it's grip as he screamed in pain. The metal sheath fell to the ground with a loud thud. Arawn jumped backwards making space between the two. He examined his wound. The blade had sliced into his forearm his hand limp. "Guess I deserved that for the cut to your back." He said between clenched teeth. "But a minor set back."

He kept his fencer like pose, is right leg forward. He held his sword like a baseball bat and dashed forward. A primal yell escaped Arawn's lips as he viciously swung his right arm at the larger man's head once he was in range. But the hand was empty the arm hissed through the air pitifully short of the target. His left arm swung forward low and at an upward angle (diagonal). The silver blade clenched in it flashed as passed into the light. Taking a cue from Tatsuya, Arawn had switched hands. When he had swung his arm the blade went from vertical to horizontal. In that instant, he dropped the weapon into his waiting left. The angle of his approach and yell were all to mask the crude switch. Arawn's left arm bled as the muscles tightened and pushed forward. Unfortunately, the switching of hands had also turned the blade. Instead of striking with the edge, he now used the backside of the weapon.

Last edited by Arawn on Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 12:19 pm

Tatsuya took a step back as Arawn charged forward. Everything seemed to slow down for Tatsuya as he began to take everything in; Arawn's yelling, grip on his sword, how far he was. This was an act of desperation. Tatsuya could have easily kept him at a comfortable distance, but he wanted to see what Arawn had in mind. He took another step back as Arawn swung his right arm, bring his sword up to block. It wasn't until Arawn's arm got close that he noticed the glimmering blade in his left hand. "He switched hands!" Thought Tatsuya as the blade drew closer. Tatsuya thought the match was over at that point. It wasn't until he felt the painful thud against his abdomen that he realized Arawn had made a crucial mistake. He took one step to the side as the sword hit him, quickly stopping from going any further. He reached across his body with his free hand and took hold of Arawn's blade. With his sword hand he swung with all his might, aiming right at his neck, yelling just as Arawn had. The entire class room yelled out in unison as Tatsuya swung, thinking he was going to kill Arawn. However, Tatsuya was in full control, stopping the blade instantly at Arawn's neck. He did however manage to give him a small cut though. "I win." He smiled, removing his sword from Arawn's neck and releasing his bloody grip on his blade as well. "Sorry if I scared you. I just got caught up in the moment. Lets see the others try to put on a better show." He cheerfully spoke out while sheathing his sword. "This was very exhilarating."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 2:09 pm

A small grimace on his face as Tatsuya's blade drew close, but he didn't close his eyes or look away. He knew the man wouldn't kill him, but fighting feeling of terror as the edge approached was difficult. He failed to prevent a small whimper from escaping his lips, nor the sigh of relief once Tatsuya made his proclamation. Nodding his head he gave a wry smile. "Indeed quite a performance, it was hard not to get caught up in the excitement." He release his left hand's grip on his blade letting the weapon clatter to the floor. He ripped his sleeve and took the material to wrap the cut he had on his forearm. It was good to have the fight end there, he was already getting dizzy from the sight of his own blood. "I think you've succeeded in reinforcing strength given from you appearance." He spoke nodding to the crowd of students their mouths open in awe. They looked upon the big man with both admiration and fear.

"I think you've won more than just the match, but a few fans as well." Arawn snorted. He bent to pick up his weapon and then went to retrieve his sheath. "I might get some measure of fame myself of lasting so long." His weapon sheathed he bowed to Tatsuya. "A very good match, sir." he laughed. Perhaps next time I'll win. He quietly said to himself. While he had been focusing on his Kido, Hakuda, and Hohō his Zanjutsu had fallen. While his skill was enough against hollow, he felt some desire to be able to fend off more humanoid opponents. Perhaps Mr Miyazaki would be willing to instruct him like Master Sung. As he thought about it he slowly walked to the side of the floor to watch the other matches. The other shinigami give half-hearted words of encouragement and praise. But reserved their cheers and accolades for the victor Tatsuya. Maybe next time Arawn said to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The way of the sword (Darkmaster)   The way of the sword (Darkmaster) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The way of the sword (Darkmaster)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: Soul Society :: Shinigami Academy :: Zanjutsu (Zanpakuto Training)-
Jump to: