The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old School Learning - The Lesson (Solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

Old School Learning - The Lesson (Solo) Empty
PostSubject: Old School Learning - The Lesson (Solo)   Old School Learning - The Lesson (Solo) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Tatsuya returned to the field on the next weekend, still wearing the weights the old man had given him. This past week was tough, just walking around was a chore and it had made him sore. Performing shunpo was even harder, he could only travel up to 30 meters at best, not to mention he would be exhausted after just a few. He remembered after the old man had left him the weekend before as he waited for his return.

*Flashback*
"Just like that, huh? Leaving without even a name." Tatsuya thought letting out a sigh before struggling to walk back to his starting point. "How in the world am I supposed to effectively shunpo with these things?" He questioned the weights. He took a ready stance and concentrated his reiatsu through his legs into his soles just before disappearing and just as quickly reappearing only a few meters away. *Tsk,* He sounded out after realizing how far he actually traveled. "This is going to take awhile." He thought as he prepared to shunpo again. He flash stepped several more times only to wind up near the center of the field just about ready to kill over as he fell to one knee while gasping for air. He struggled to get back to his feet, determined to, at the very least, get to the end of the field. He attempted to steady his wobbly legs with extreme difficulty, almost falling to the ground before being successful; to a point. Just with that action alone, it felt like he was trying to stand for the first time ever. He couldn't remember exactly how, but he managed to finish that day of training. He just remembered waking up in his room at the barracks piratically unable to move his weighted down legs. Much of the week went by uneventful as he regained the feeling in his legs. He didn't remove the weights though.

*Present Day*
As he came back to his senses he didn't notice the old man anywhere nearby. "Guess I'll just start without him." Tatsuya thought out loud. His movements became easier as the days passed, but he still had some difficulties. He quickly set up and flash stepped several times to the center of the field. Out of breath and exhausted, he gasped for air before forcing himself to continue, flash stepping to the end of the field where he took a seat on the ground, his lungs heaving. As he stayed on the ground regaining his air, the old man was once again behind him. "So what did you find out about the purpose of those weights on your legs." He asked as he walked slowly to a nearby stump and sat down. Tatsuya slowly turned to the old man before beginning to speak after he caught most of his breath. "Well, to make me faster of course." He stated confidently. "That is true, but how is it doing that?" The old man asked more inquisitively. Tatsuya sat there thinking about a response before answering. "Once I take off the weights I'll move faster." He stated. The old man smiled, "Close. Yes removing the weights will make you faster in a sense, but what is the point of it if you have to concentrate so much on the technique that you lose focus on the opponent. You understand now, don't you. You see the true purpose of the weights was to limit the distance traveled by shunpo so much that you would have to repeat the technique over and over just to get where you wanted to be. The repeating of that process makes it easier to perform the desired action more naturally. Did you notice it?" Tatsuya was amazed with what the old man had just told him, before realizing it himself. While traveling from the other end of field he didn't even notice that he used shunpo almost on instinct without any real time between steps. "Thank you very much, Sir." Tatsuya stated gratefully. "There is no need for thanks young man, I merely provided tool for you to use." He modestly stated with a smile. "I guess I'll take my leave." He stated as he slowly got up from the stump. "Wait, Don't you want your weights back?" Tatsuya said as he got up as quickly as possible. "No, you can keep them." He replied before quickly disappearing with shunpo. "Once again leaving without introducing himself." He chuckled as he set up to go back to the beginning of the field. He could be seen quickly traveling through the field with shunpo to the beginning of the field, once again completely exhausted. He took a seat on the ground and took of the weights. After several minutes of resting he stood up with easy and flashed stepped from one end of the field to the other in four quick flash steps; two up and two back. "Thank you Old Man." He stated quietly before picking up the weights and and walking off the grounds.
Back to top Go down

Old School Learning - The Lesson (Solo)
Page 1 of 1