The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Behind a death *Solo*

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

Behind a death *Solo* Empty
PostSubject: Behind a death *Solo*   Behind a death *Solo* I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 5:53 pm

Her eyes slowly flickered open, greeted by the orange hue of a sunset. The chill of the odd hour quickly set in, a drowsy awakening from monitoring. Kaiyo lent backwards carefully, yawning in silence as her arching arms stretched up to the skies. Her hat had been relocated, since Saroki had stolen it from their last run in. Kaiyo had instead been left to just tie her hair up to keep it out of her face. Her brown hair hung so lifelessly at her shoulders; she missed her blonde hair, but it couldn't be helped. Straddling a large tree branch, the girl leant forwards, shuffling back to sit up straight as she glanced through the glistening leaves that hid her.Sighing lightly, she tipped her head back against the soft bark of the wood. Lazily pushing her gloved hands up to her eyes to rub the sleep away. It barely helped wake her up. Still no lights on inside, so he wasn't back yet. That was fine, she could wait for as long as he took. Hell, she'd died waiting.

Kaiyo had never been known as particularly bright. The girl wasn't stupid, she just viewed many things to be more important than knowledge. Many times had people told her directly of her slow wit and dim intellect, as if she didn't already know. It had never digressed her from helping people; something she had never needed to be a genius to decide simply because it was such an inert desire of hers. Of course that in itself held issues that distracted her. The Gotei 13 were the ruling force in Soul Society, and Kaiyo knew it was the only means through which she could ever hope to become stronger, and help. From the moment she applied at the academy, there had been opposition, it was to be expected. The surprise for the girl came later on, advancing through the ranks to her title of Captain opened the proverbial flood gates for hatred. Something Kaiyo had never really been accustomed to. For anyone who knew the girl, she was pleasant enough. For people who knew of her, the story differed greatly. Of course she had heard the rumours of the evil and deathly 11th squad Captain many times, those were clear myths though.

The Gotei 13 regarded the primary enemy within Soul Society as Rogue shinigami. Of course other rebel groups existed, but they were seldom even discussed. As such, Kaiyo had figured it a safe assumption to disregard other threats. That had likely been her first mistake. Kaiyo received a lot of mail, usually from aspiring shinigami asking for help or tips though steady proportion were 'empty' threats issued by other individuals or groups. Being the head of the number one kill squad didn't exactly help her reputation in that respect. Regardless; Kaiyo had never really seem the harm.

The situation had seemingly arisen from nowhere. In hindsight, it was likely some of the less than lovely letters were the first indicators. A harmless empty threat indeed. Returning from a squad training exercise, the Captain's office door had been left open. Her assumption of course being a breeze until she reached her desk. Carved into the wood had been a weird eye thing. Kaiyo didn't know what it was, and even after checking camera's, had no clue how it got there. In itself, it seemed like an odd prank, but one that had lead Kaiyo getting a new desk at any rate. The idea of an eye continually looking at her was scary for the battle-hardy Captain. One week later, in her trip to the real world; another anomaly occurred. Lead by who turned out to be a rogue Shinigami; Kaiyo was attacked by a group of rebels, in the real world. The worrying situation had left Kaiyo worried to say the least, seeing as she had been under the impression only Shinigami could travel between the worlds. After the fight had turned in her favour, the group ran. Upon her return to Soul Society Kaiyo checked the Senkai gate logs; with no luck. Not sharing such information had probably not been her best choice, but accounting for the strength of the group that attacked her, and the skill of the mysterious person who had managed to get inside her office, Kaiyo didn't want to involve anyone else.

Of course it later became apparent, that wasn't her choice to make...

A faint crackling of pebbles rattled against the floor. Drawing in the attention of the girl as she edged forwards on her tree branch. Her breathing becoming quieter as her sharp gaze focused between the grey blurs of leaves that surrounded her. A few clunks later, and a dim light clicked on inside the building. Time to go.

Last edited by Kaiyo on Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behind a death *Solo*   Behind a death *Solo* I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:12 am

Kaiyo dropped silently to the ground, her arms out for balance as she crept slowly along the gravel. Her feet slowly rolling forwards with her quiet steps. The appeal of the second squad was surely so enthralling for the senses, the lapse and absence of sound causing the tension to rise. Arousal of senses heightening for the waiting appearance. The expectant shock from a sudden and swift attack. This man wasn't dangerous to her. Granted, he was no small fry, and could surely beat an academy student with ease, but Kaiyo was no real academy student. A silent breeze trickled through her hair, fluttering her brown hair to the side as the small girl finally reached the door.

Pressing back gently against the wooden den, she shut her eyes for a moment longer than a blink. Listening intently to the monotonous clacking of a man making himself breakfast; at four o'clock in the morning. The noises were slow and careless; he was tired. Another advantage for her. This task was not without risks though, the man was well connected and as sure as she appeared, there would be a lot more pressure on her mission. Kaiyo needed this though, it was un-avoidable. The whole reason she had faked her death lay behind the wall she leant against. A slow and steady exhale, and she was gone.

Flash stepping in an instance to inside. The hollow ringing of a metal pan clattered against the hard ground just as the light went off. A sheet of darkness cushioning the noise with an eerie silence. Kaiyo needed to move him, she was fairly certain she hadn't been the only one watching his house and being caught wasn't exactly part of the plan. Her hand tightly clasped around his mouth and pushing him heavily against the wall, she peered around the silent house. Making sure she didn't need to cut her losses already. For the time being, she was safe. The girl edged in closer to the man, slapping aside his flailing arms as she gripped onto the front few tufts of his hair. Gently tugging his head forwards and then hitting it hard against the wall. He was out cold. Okay, it hadn't exactly been as swift as the second squad would have done it but the last time she'd tried to knock someone out by hitting the side of their neck...Well she'd just looked a bit silly really.

His rigid body went instantly limp; slumping down the wall like a lifeless noodle. Kaiyo sighed, reaching down as she slung the large man over her shoulder. Twisting around like a deer in headlights when she heard a high pitched crash. A broken window. She was gone. Flash stepping with extreme skill across Rukongai, moving through and past each district in seconds. The dark and clouded night was helping, but it was starting to get light. Shed have to find her safe-place soon. Relying on a stranger to have sorted that out of her. It was a long shot, but at the same time, it had been her only choice.

The girl slung her right shoulder forwards, the man was just starting to stir. The room was hidden underground in a large forested area in one of the lower districts. People don't just to wandering around these woods, so she'd be safe for a little while. As per her request, the room sealed off reiatsu, so it couldn't be sensed outside. For the most part at least, it hadn't been made by any officials so a murmur of energy was still available. It should at least give her enough time to talk to him though; before anyone tracked him position she'd be long gone with all the information she needed. Kaiyo traced her fingers lightly along the binding spell she'd tied the man up with, that and some very reiatsu resistant chains that would be damn hard to break out of. Not impossible though, so she'd made extra precautions. The room was dimly lit; orange lights had been built into the walls, and there wasn't much to it really. A cold metal chair at one end, with her captor, and Kaiyo leaning against the wall. She was starting to get very tired. Another murmur tumbled from the man's mouth.

Kaiyo cracked her neck to the side. Stepping closer as his eyes fluttered open. His head swinging downwards as the instant throbbing pain hit, a groan of recognition was the indicator. He had un-kept sandy brown hair, with strands that jutted out in different directions. An unshaven and light beard that rounded his square jaw ever so slightly; also brown. Dark brown eyes that seemed black in the light of the room and an instantly worried expression when had saw Kaiyo again. He even flinched, trying to move backwards but well bound in the same place. The brown haired girl smirked, 'Heh, so you do remember me then?' she smiled lightly. Seemingly enjoying the panic on the man's face. Though none of her friends had noticed her in disguise, this man had already been fed the mutterings and rumours of the Captain's death and having been one of the rebels sent after her in the real world, he had a definite cause for concern. His shaken eyes quaked for a moment longer, a single bead of sweat forming at the side of his face as he nodded.

Kaiyo nodded along with him, still smiling as her own glistening blue eyes held tightly onto his pupils. 'Good, so you can understand the effort i've gone through to even get here.' He didn't answer, his eyes were still tracing up and down the girl in a clear disbelief, 'I know, brown hair is it bit different but i can deal with that part, back to my point' Her voice became sharper at the end. Kaiyo leant in closer to the man, already feeling his reiatsu flair as she patted her hands onto his shoulders. Ignoring the strain of the spell on her own energy levels as she held her authority in the situation. 'I know someone wanted me dead, and i know what she looked like. I know she's a bounty hunter, and i know she was hired by someone else. I also know she was very ready to attack my friends before reaching me... What i don't know, is her name' Her voice became colder, her words spitting venom and anger in equal measure. The man had retreated backwards further, his heart rattling loudly against his ribcage, his chest tight with panic and his eyes darting side to side, cut by a franticly high amount of blinking.

Kaiyo slowly blinked, leaning in even closer to the sweating man as she smirked lightly, 'See, i found you pretty well, but it would just save me a lot of time if you tell me her name and everything else you know about her' A sickly sweet voice, soft and gentle. First time would be a refusal, Kaiyo was fairly certain about that. The rebels themselves had been strong, and given her own meeting with the female. She was damn strong. The girl pushed aside those thoughts; one problem at a time. Admittedly, catching the rebels had been a lot easier, rogue shinigami who had shown their shikai. It was almost foolish to assume she wouldn't find them. Regardless, she held her wide eyed plea in silence.

'But I-' Kaiyo had unsheathed her sword in a split second, the glinting metal pressing against the man's neck. A bead of his sweat dripped onto the un-spoiled metal. The weight behind the blade already pricking a few droplets of blood from his neck. His pulse rate sped up even more. 'Try again' she smiled, an intensity added to her eyes that wasn't there before. The serious situation had two endings, the man had other team-mates she could try and she had no issue with killing him. He gulped, twitching in fear as the clear contemplation of the situation hit. Even with a sword at his throat, he was considering not telling her.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behind a death *Solo*   Behind a death *Solo* I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 8:10 am

Blood traced down her right arm, she couldn’t feel it anyway. Numb but for the pain that had swayed through her body, Kaiyo was staggering slowly away. Her Captain’s robe charred and scathed by the battle. The blonde captain stumbled over a rock, her blurred vision swaying in on itself as she fell, face first to the ground. Only able to glance up and watch the woman leave, unable to even hear what she said. A defeatist glare, and she dropped her head to the ground. Crying... Such moments didn’t often appear, and were in fact the sole reason for Kaiyo becoming a Captain. An inert desire to help others was obviously aided by her love of combat, but any true danger for her friends, she had always assumed she could help. Not be the cause. Matsuo Michiyo had known Kaiyo since they had enroled in the Soul Reaper Academy together. The girl had been put into the 4th squad, and Kaiyo held a particular soft spot for her. The mild mannered and genuine kindness of Matsuo had always struck her. Of course, now that didn’t count for much, seeing as she was dead. Staged, even so Kaiyo could watch the last few breaths of her dear friend. The blonde Captain had rushed to her side, ale to grip tightly to her chilled hand, watching that light switch off inside her head and the last bated breath to be force from her lungs. Then, just stillness…

The woman responsible, the one she had later turned to hunt, had remained. Smirking at the display. Kaiyo had charged without a second thought. In too much of a state to even release her shikai, the woman had been too damn fast. Beating Kaiyo within an inch of her life, she had left with one final warning. The promise even, that she would be the one to kill Kaiyo Saiyouko.

It had been enough to panic Kaiyo. As promised by the woman, she had no issue with killing her friends before getting to her, and Kaiyo couldn’t do a thing to stop her. She couldn’t save her friends from an enemy she didn’t know, and one she couldn’t beat. Rather than watching a stranger slice through everyone she cared for, before killing her. The Captain made a plan, she’d complete the deed for her. Who wouldn’t believe the 11th squad Captain killed herself with Kidou; it was quite obvious actually. Of course, finding the woman and who hired her, would require a bit of planning with her rank first; but quietly. He fewer people who knew, the safer.
Kaiyo slowly sheathed back up her blade, wiping it against the man’s arm first, she didn’t want any blood to stain. Of course he’d told her what she needed to know, but it wasn’t exactly what she wanted to hear. The woman in question was a very high end bounty hunter, which at least ruled out any outside rebel groups. Still, the useless bugger didn’t know a name; he just knew where to find her. Which Kaiyo figured was close enough. Kaiyo turned around to leave, figuring the team that found him would un-tie him. The girl paused for a moment, glancing back over her shoulder with a smirk. ‘When she finds you, I want you to tell her everything, and let her know that she’s next’. With that Kaiyo vanished from the room, speeding away as quickly as she could and back to the safety of the Soul Reaper academy. She could miss her lessons for one more day; she had a lot more research to do now and a shorter time limit to do it.

The academy library held most things she could need, but if she couldn’t find anything, well the central 46 owed her one. Hauled up in the corner of the 4th floor, Kaiyo started to research the lineage of the noble families. It was risky for her to accuse a noble family of hiring someone to kill her, and her friends, but given how much this woman charged…It seemed only reasonable. That, and Kaiyo already had a fairly solid idea which Noble family it could be. In recent years, they’d been trying to beat off competition for ranks within her squad. To create such a name for a noble family, the Captain of the 11th squad, well it could definitely bring the Kannogi family back into a good light. This was of course, just a theory and to get anywhere with it, Kaiyo would need proof. Proof that she couldn’t see any way of getting. Kaiyo slumped down against the wall, the mountain of books surrounding her fading into darkness. She could do with some rest, she had a busy night planned.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behind a death *Solo*   Behind a death *Solo* I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:39 pm

Kaiyo hung around for a little while, unable to actually enter the bar. The girl had donned a dark hooded cloak, and was wearing completely black. It was unusual to see Kaiyo out of any uniform, but the black material that hugged tightly to her body showed off her figure quite nicely. Her armoured black boots crunched quietly along the cracked ground. It was show-time.

A heavy sigh, and her cape ruffled along behind her spinning movements, stalking the woman as she left the bar. Kaiyo could recognise her a mile off, her image was so ingrained into her memory she could see her smirking face even with her eyes shut. It was almost sickening. Soon to be over though, there were just a few loose-ends remaining, starting with this woman. As in any night in Rukongai, the streets weren't silent, and for most civilians the most dangerous place would be following a dark path in the dead of night. Kaiyo was good at being quiet, she was good and reducing her reiatsu so smaller than a whisper and she was especially good at not being seen. With someone who was arguably of a higher skill than her own though, there were clear limitations to this prowess.

The tall woman rounded the corner and came to a halt. The tainted tendrils of darkness hiding that smirk of hers as she spoke clearly. 'I've got to say, Taichou, you sneak with the skill of a second squad member' There is was again, already; that surging anger towards the woman. Kaiyo appeared from the shadows, an unsteady breeze knocking her hood down as she stepped in to the middle of the path in front of the woman. Her body gearing up for a fight already, her senses becoming sharper as Kaiyo stood her ground. Waiting for the theatrics to start.

The woman dropped her own hood, revealing that vibrant red hair, glistening in the moonlight. She stepped closer towards Kaiyo, her hands moving to add flourish to her speech, revealing two blades swinging at her hips. 'You really had me going with your death, and i guess on your part it was a good idea to save the lives of your friends...Shame it won't save you'. A fake apologetic tone was mocking Kaiyo, the woman, about a foot taller than the girl was only a metre away now. There was a moment of silence, where the woman clearly expected Kaiyo to speak, this wasn't the case. A faint dripping noise pattered between the pair, splashing against the torn earth beneath them. Wrapped close within her cloak, blood began to patter down against the ground like rain. The woman's eyes traced back up to Kaiyo, lifting her head back with a cackle of laughter. 'You actually did it didn't you? You killed them?! Fucking hell you're crazier than i thought!'.

5 hours earlier...

Kaiyo dropped down from the ceiling behind the two man patrol. Sneaking silently along the hallway behind them, the girl jumped onto the wall, kicking off her right foot as she spun around with her blade. With one fowl sweep, severing the heads of the guards before she landed to the ground. The heads, the knee's, the bodies, fell in that order, each creating a cushioned thump on the ground. Kaiyo leaned forwards, glancing around the hallway to see if anyone had heard. So far so good. Tossing the dead body parts into the nearest room, she continued along her journey. It had taken most of her morning to memorise the maps of the compound properly, but it had all been worth it. Getting lost in here wouldn't be so great.

The next issue was the lights, but Kaiyo had already arranged that one. Through the same way she had found out who'd ordered her death. The rest of the rogue shinigami; with one of their members already dead, they were in the market for some protection. In that respect, Kaiyo was glad she'd done some more research before she went missing. Pulling up files of rogue shinigami was just so much quicker with her clearance level, and given the amount of friends she had within the Gotei 13. All she'd had to do, was find their local hangout and present her case. Of course, like any, they had taken some persuading. But the promise of free looting of a dead family compound had been enough payment for their co-operation. They gave Kaiyo the evidence she needed as well. Rukongai criminals weren't exactly known for leaving paper-trails but much like her bounty hunter's eye symbol, the noble families had their own traits. Family emblems were particularly helpful, especially when they were printed on the pouches of money the rogues were paid with. Kaiyo was even allowed to keep one of the bags; empty of course. That along with statements from the men, she had decided was more than enough evidence.

All that remained was sneaking them into the family grounds with her, which proved to be a lot easier than planned, with ex second squad members things went a bit more smoothly. The direct passage to the main meeting area was hers, they just had to kill the lights, then the rest was fair game. Of course a few words from hunted men, along with a bag she could have stolen, Kaiyo needed more. Speaking to the servants of the household had required more influence. Rumours led her to those few un-loyal servants. Assistance was of course provided by them. Three in total, who she had already moved to a safe location. Like she'd said, there were then only a few loose ends remaining. Of course a few were not to be harmed, the future leaders of the family, happy with keeping its high status in tact, and with no concerns over killing off Captains and what-not.

A large crack and the lights went out. Her eyes weren't needed anyway, mere souls relied on their eyes over their senses. Kaiyo had only just had enough time to retrieve Tenrai Zenpyou before she'd arrived. Releasing them yet would be risky, but she'd already vowed to kill them with her own sword. Released or not, as soon as the lights went out, they were as good as dead. Sources had told her there was a meeting going on at the moment, discussing the recruits they had already put forwards to take over the title of Captain for her squad. Amidst the darkness, they sent out the first wave of guards to check the lights. Kaiyo hopped back up onto the ceiling, holding herself up on a wooden beam, dangling above the oblivious guards that charged past her. The girl rolled back to the floor silently. Gripping her sword tightly in her right hand, the material of her gloves sliding against the material on the handle of her blade. The two contrasting powers causing a little friction.

Kaiyo crept around the corner, the silent whispers that lay behind a guarded door. That had to be the place, she could practically smell it. Kaiyo jumped back up into the rafters, crawling along them. The two guards at the door were nervous, rightfully so. Such panic stemmed usually from guilt, and a worry of retribution. Fortunate that these men were quite large, Kaiyo crept along until she was right above them. Pulling out a small metal ball from her pocket as she flung it backwards. The thudding and knocking made the men jump, enough for them to decide on one to go investigate it. No sooner had he taken a few steps forwards, did Kaiyo make her move. Hooking her feet over the wooden beam as she dropped down, in a single and fluid motion, snapping the neck of the first guard. He fell like a sack of potatoes to the ground. A girlish scream from his partner was the last thing people heard. Dropping down behind the last man standing Kaiyo lifted her blade. Slicing through his neck like a knife through butter.

The girl stepped over the dead body, her feet sticking to the blood on the ground as she made her way towards the door. Complete silence now, that was what they deserved. That sheer panic, and fear over their lives. The blanket of darkness remained, the clouded skies guarding the moonlight as fiercely as ever. Kaiyo paused at the door. Taking a slow and deep breath. Behind the doors were the people who had directly ordered her death, and the death of people who had gotten in their way. They were responsible for the death of her friend, and until tonight, they probably hadn't given it a second thought. Taking a few tentative steps backwards he girl lowered her head. She was already in her black outfit, her Zanpakuto in her right hand, her hair tied back, and a black sub-zero mask on for added effect. She couldn't change her mind now, it was already made for her. One final nod and she set off.

Sprinting forwards towards the door, Kaiyo exploded through. Greeting by spiking reiatsu levels and frantic flailing against the darkness the girl moved quickly. Stepping straight into close range, both hands on her blade as she knocked up the opposing sword, moving in the same swing as she slice horizontally through her first victim. The next was a flash step to the first one trying to escape the large room, appearing low and lunging upwards, straight through the heart. 'There's too many of them!' One frantic noble screamed, frantically un-sheathing his own weapon. Fear was great at paralysing people. Kaiyo darted around the room, the noise of screams and blood splattering against the walls filled the air. Lingering like the stench of death around the deceit. Kaiyo slid along the ground, kicking her right foot up just an inch or so off the ground as another one fell almost gracefully onto her sword. His life draining from his eyes as he slid down the metal. Rolling over the man, the girl stood back up, pulling her sword from the body as she turned around. There was just one left, cowering in the corner. The moon peaked out from behind the clouds, glinting on the blood soaked ridge of her blade as Kaiyo stepped closer to the old man. The one who had put forward the idea, the one so hell-bent on making his family the greatest, at any cost.

Of course she hadn't achieved this un-scathed. A dagger was still sticking out of her left shoulder, and she was cut from head to toe. She'd live...This time. Kaiyo lowered her arm, allowing her sword to drag along the floor behind her; the noise spooking the man even more as he began his plea. 'Please! Please i have money! I can give you whatever you need, whatever they're paying you i can double! I can triple it! PLEASE!' The strain of emotions cracked his voice, his arms covering his face in a final desperation. Kaiyo knelt down silently in front of the man, certain to make direct eye contact as she spoke. Un-apologetically. 'Captains don't die that easily' she snarled. His eyes popped wider, a stunned silence stammering on his lips to find some kind of apology. None came. Kaiyo stood back up, lifting the man by the scruff of his clothes as she lunged her sword through his ribcage, lodging the sword into the wall behind him. The girl turned around, twisting quickly on the ball of her left foot as she kick the sword deeper through the man. Standing perfectly still as she watched the light fade from his eyes, eventually leaving the sword all that held him upright. Dead.

Then it was simply a matter of picking up the last bits of papers and evidence she needed, and she left.

Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Kaiyo

Female

PostSubject: Re: Behind a death *Solo*   Behind a death *Solo* I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 21, 2011 7:56 pm

Kaiyo slowly raised her head up to face the woman, blood still smeared along her face. For the most part, she'd healed up already, a few friends in the 4th division had been on stand-by for a brown haired student; Kaiyo's orders. Of course she was still a bit sore, and her shoulder hadn't been so lucky, it was bandaged as best as possible, but it was still bleeding. 'Looks like your contract's up with the Kannogi family' she spoke slowly, calmly, and in a voice so much colder than her own. The woman shrugged complacently, unsheathing both her blades with a flourish. 'Well, i guess we'll have to call this one pleasure, plus if people like you carry on living, it might hurt my reputation'. Kaiyo slowly moved her hand up to the linking clip of her cloak, unpicking it as the fabric swayed gently to the ground. Armoured black uniform and her proper Zanpakuto at her hip. Keeping direct eye contact with her opponent, Kaiyo untied and removed her black gloves. Taking in a deep breath as the surging power of her reiatsu swam through her veins.

Kaiyo slowly slid her right foot back a bit. Pulling off the mask around her mouth as she smirked, 'People like me?...Let me show you why they call me Kenpachi'. Not even given the time to properly finish her words, the woman charged Kaiyo. Unsheathing both of her blade in equal time as she sliced inwards with them at Kaiyo's neck. Kaiyo reacted fast, holding her blade in a reverse grip with her right hand as she slide her own Zanpakuto up to block the strikes. The three blades connected for a moment or so as the women caught the sight of the other. A glimmer of moonlight reflected off her sword and onto her sparking blue eyes.

'Bankai'

Her whispered tone was overthrown by a thunderous crash of golden light that exploded around the pair. A roar of energy backlashing against the bounty hunter; throwing her through the nearest building by the sheer force of it. Kaiyo sliced her blade down through the rubble'd mist that had thrown up the lint and pebbles from the earth. A sparking vortex of lightning crashing around where the girl stood. Kaiyo smirked to herself as she glanced down at her right arm, the golden stars ingrained on her skin. It felt good to have her own power back, her blade resting so neatly in the open palm of her hand. Kaiyo took her time to curl her fingers around the grip, the large blade so light for her to hold.

The woman staggered back up from the debris of war-torn buildings, practically cackling as she nodded to herself. Slices already made through her loose black clothing, attention drawn to the red sash around her waist. The woman blew a a few rogue strands of hair out of her face, casually walking closer to the girl with her blades held solidly in her grasp. 'Fight to the death it is...My name is Knox, the bounty hunter that's going to kill you' she snarled, still so confident of her success the woman dropped into an unusual stance. Her deadlocked eyes averting their gaze for a lapse of concentration as she spoke once more. 'Bankai'

'Oh fuck!' was Kaiyo's only response; she hadn't expected that.

Spoiler:

Flames licked high around the woman's sword, thrashing from the handles as her blades melted in the heat, leaving pure fire as her main slicing power. Kaiyo stood fervently, her mind trying to relay the information fast enough for her to guess the differences in their power. Time ran out. Kaiyo's eyes widened in panic when the woman vanished from sight, faster than she'd ever expected. Relying on instinct and reactions alone the girl had only the time to let out a small breath of air. A wave of energy flowed behind the attack, a blast of wind exploding a crater around the pair as Kaiyo moved. Swinging her blade to the light, and twisting around as she brought it more diagonally up to the right. Kaiyo spun around on her right foot, swinging her blade over her right shoulder to block a bloody hot strike from both blades, the flames flicking around at her clothes. The three swords pushed against eachother, Kaiyo's higher reiatsu tipping her forwards more as she smirked. Twisting fully around as she brought her left elbow around to Knox's jaw. Knocking the woman for six as she ground through the earth. The area around the pair was filling with a heavy reiatsu that had already alerted forces in Soul Society. The revival of kaiyo's reiatsu likely an odd occurrence as well, but nobody would take this kill away from her, she wouldn't let them. Knox leapt back up to her feet, cracking the earth with a molten lava as she did so. Kaiyo flash stepped further back, onto the roof of a now very abandoned building to avoid the spouting molten explosion that occurred right where she had been standing. Panting lightly, the girl held her stance, her eyes focused directly on Knox. Trying to anticipate her movements was hard and trying to follow them was even harder.

Kaiyo flung her body to the side, Knox's fiery blade just catching her already wounded shoulder and sending a searing flame through the cut. Kaiyo winced slightly, rolling back along the ground as she reacted quickly. Throwing her arms forwards as she sliced through the air, 'Denkou Kabe' she yelled, an explosive wall of lightning shooting up from her feet and exploding into the sky; rocketing through the building where Knox had been standing. Destroying even more surroundings to rubble. Unable to even see if the attack had hit or not, Kaiyo twisted around, her blade horizontally blocking to downward strikes at her back. She was still too slow. Knox smirk, pushing down on Kaiyo's sparking blade with her own swords, the lightning and fire clashing where they met. The high opposing energies likely to explode given prolonged contact. The woman was marginally taller than Kaiyo, so pushing down against the girl's blade was a lot easier for her. 'I guess you figured out the flames aren't normal by now, they like to burn the nerve endings they touch; so it might hurt a bit more than normal' she laughed. Kaiyo held back any sign of pain, a single bead of sweat rolling down her forehead. Making an audible push of her energy the girl flung her blade up; twisting to the side as she shot a solid side kick into the woman's gut. Sending Knox crashing along the ground as she snarled 'I guess you figured out i don't care by now' she snapped back.

Kaiyo could already sense a response unit of shinigami speeding their way across to their fight zone. An area as far as a mile around the pair was already ruined, destroyed by a battle of such powers that could easily demolish half of soul society. Knox was wincing greatly in pain, clearly quite confused as to the ability of kaiyo's Bankai. Of course increase pain receptors just made it more fun for the girl. Still, the red head was no way near done yet. It was her damn speed that was the issue. The woman said something to herself, something Kaiyo couldn't hear...Which was never exactly a good sign. The action was a fairly good indicator for what she meant though; crossing both her blade as she flung them towards kaiyo. Bankai techniques were impossible to just guess, so all she could do was try and gather her reiatsu around her body to soften whatever blow was coming. The spinning flames intertwined with eachother, creating a hurricane on flames that shot straight towards kaiyo. The girl clenched her teeth together holding her blade forwards as she waited for impact. The shock of instant pressure pushed kaiyo backwards, and carried on forcing her backwards. Fended off from her body at least by the large sparking blade the flaming wonder had hit. Kaiyo's feet ground along the floor, unable to hold a grip or to push the attack backwards. The girl could only try and angle it away from her. 'Come on!' she yelled, slicing her blade to the side. The backlash of fire spun her around through the air, crashing her through an unfortunate tree and into a tavern. The drunken patrons already knocked out by the high spiritual pressure of the area. They were out cold. Kaiyo yelled in anger, a release of the pain that had flooded her body; burning her left leg as well. Brilliant. The remnants of the building were already a-blaze with fire. Surrounding the girl, lighting the midnight sky with billowing smoke and burning up all of her oxygen. Kaiyo scrambled back up to her feet, ignoring the blood that was seeping down the side of her head. The captain picked up her sword and leapt through the flames.

Still in mid-air the girl yelled, 'Raikou Mato' a solid stream of lightning exploding from the tip of her blade and into Knox's chest. The residual charge jolting the woman's body in screams of agony as Kaiyo dropped back down to the ground. Panting heavily as forced her body back up to her feet. The girl glanced back over the flames to the 50 shinigami that had set up a perimeter around the two women, 'Get back!' she yelled to them, her voice caught by the wind as Kaiyo was caught off guard. Her body curling forwards from a fire soaked punch to her gut, that all too familiar sound of oxygen being forced from the lungs dropping her to the ground, accompanied by the searing smell of burning flesh. Knox flash stepped back to pick up her blades. Kaiyo could tell she was losing, and she needed to start getting back into closer range combat if she didn't plan on dying. If she didn't plan on letting everyone down. The response unit were already starting to get light-headed from the reaistu, none of them anywhere near strong enough to intervene and as far as she knew, the Captains would have the courtesy to let Kaiyo finish.

Night was dropping, falling to the spreading lighter clouds that had been defaced by the smoke that had lifted up to the skies. The girls vision was failing her, Kaiyo could hear crunching footsteps cracking through the rubble towards her. Knox. A momentary silence of the woman flash stepped gave kaiyo just enough time to grapple around to find a grip of her blade again. Knocking back onto her back as she swung her sword from left to right, glinting lights of red and yellow darting against eachother as the metal blurred around her. Her reflexes taking over and knocking aside each strike only to be met by another.

get up...A whisper went unheard...Get Up...GET UP! the screaming voice of her Zanpakuto had returned. The first time she had even heard Tenrai in so long, and it didn't matter she said, just knowing they were still there was enough. Her strikes became stronger, surrounded by a warmth of golden light that glowed around her body like a fallen angel. Spreading from head to toe, and flooding through her body, tracing through her dishevelled brown hair and returning it back to it's natural bright yellow. Kaiyo's left hand readied the rest of her body. Knocking aside both blades in a final slash the girl's left hand spun around to her right side, twisting Kaiyo back up to her feet as she slashes straight through the woman's torso. The pain of a thousand deaths lingered around the single wound.

Kaiyo dropped back into a stance, bleeding and aching from head to toe. Her resolve remained strong, resolute in the fact that this woman needed to die. That Kaiyo needed to avenge the death of her friend. Protect the people she cared about. Save the others this woman could hurt and fight until she could achieve that.

Ever the fighter with a clearly high pain threshold, Knox forced her body back up. Bleeding heavily and bruised all over. 'Reikoku Arashi' Kaiyo spoke, her words drowned out by the crackling fires around them. Knox fell to the ground, her left left completely immobile. Kaiyo began to hobble towards the woman, the far off voices of further shinigami re-enforcements yelling for the pair to withdraw from combat. 'You bitch!' Knox yelled, her slumped body near paralysed by the energised pain surging around her body. Kaiyo could relate. Just a few paces away from the woman, Kaiyo paused. A blood red reiatsu had began to spike around Knox. It looked like kaiyo wasn't the only one who'd been lent a boost of energy from her Zanpakuto. Taking a tentative step forwards, Knox vanished. Her flash step was slower this time though, slow enough for Kaiyo to even follow around. Ducking underneath the horizontal strike she landed with. The girl moved upwards, sliding her blade along at Knox's hip. Her right arm caught by one of her blades as she moved around the woman. Blood instantly seeping through her clothes. Kaiyo twisted her wrist downwards, sparks flying as she blocked a side slice. Taking advantage of the woman's opening Kaiyo leapt up with a spun, dragging her right foot around as she caught Knox straight in the jaw with her kick. Her landing didn't go so smoothly. Slicing in opposite directions Kaiyo's blade shot out to the right to block, leaving her left forearm to stop the other blade from cutting her head off. Kaiyo yelled in pain as the fire blade cut through her skin, singing the wound deeper the girl dropped low below the blade. Hooking her right leg around the back of Knox's knee's and ducking as she flipped the woman over her back. Stabbing downwards as the woman rolled out of the way.

Kaiyo couldn't see out of her right eyes, the wound from her head was bleeding too much. Knox rolled backwards up to her feet again. Both women allowing a pause for a panted breath. The once carved path and rural village around the woman now a barren wasteland so void of life and littered with the metallic smell of blood. The pathetic attempts of a binding Kidou tugged at the back of the women's arms. In her angered state Knox turned around to the group of 10 shinigami who had banded together to attempt it, flicking her wrists as two connecting walls of hellfire sped towards the soldiers. With time to form any real plan, Kaiyo flash stepped to the middle of the group. 'Fuck sake move in!' she ordered to the sweating and near-death shinigami. Sticking her blade defiantly into the ground as she yelled with all her might. Praying to god she could try and keep the lightning away from the inside radius and hit Knox before she realised what was going on. Following Kaiyo, the woman of course leapt after her wall of fire. 'Chouwa no tomoshibi' she panted. A golden light exploding upwards around the rabble of shinigami that dropped within seconds of the release, just seconds before the fire had reach them. Kaiyo couldn't see anything around. Just the crashing golden light of her reiatsu and lightning. Swirling and curving around itself in majestic patterns. The light dropped and Kaiyo vanished from sight. The girl herself close to breaking point as she skidded back into the main battlefield. Her attention drawn by Knox, leaning on both of her swords to stand, covered in blood and swaying the anguish of the dead.

'Is that all you got?!' she spat, splatters of blood coughed from her mouth as she winced and struggled to take a combat stance again. Kaiyo's vision was blurring, her chest rising at falling so fast she was convinced she was about to black out. At the very least, she'd save and knocked out the shinigami stupid enough to try and interfere. Kaiyo rushed forwards, her body numb and weak as she slashed sloppily at Knox. Twisting around as the woman's pierced her skin like a knife through butter. The bounty hunter was still laughing, a hollow laugh of desperation. Kaiyo inhaled deeply, stepping around the taller woman as she shot a flurry of slices and slashes at the woman, her own sparking energy crackling like a blown fuse as she continued past the point of nothingness. The power behind her attacks seemed fake, her vision dancing in doubles and her body feeling as light as a dream. Turning on her side to avoid a strike to her face, the girl's back was open. A large upwards strike carved upwards and flinging her along the marbled chunks of earth. If nothing else, Kaiyo was about to pass out due to blood loss, and Knox didn't seem far behind. The blonde girl sluggishly pulled herself back up to her feet just in time to meet Knox's blades one final time. Energy drained from her body and singing fires running rampant through her many wounds. 'I knew nobody could die because of Kidou' Knox coughed, pushing her last morsels of energy behind her blades.

Kaiyo's smile dropped, her eyes fuelled with a dangerous glare that turned her crystal blue eyes golden. Kaiyo pushed off Knox, releasing her sword as it clattered to the ground. Completely open the girl's eyes quaked in pain as both of Knox's blades were lunged through her body. Kaiyo's right palm open towards the woman as she slowly began to fall forwards, 'Hado 90. Black Coffin'. Kaiyo dropped to her knees. The black shades from her final attack engulfing her eyes as she fell forwards to the ground. Out cold, her reiatsu lingering in the thick air as 200 shinigami arrived on scene to witness such a high level Kidou spell kill a woman. Pools of blood were practically drowning the girl, struggling to stay conscious just to hear that final thud of Knox's lifeless body drop to the ground.

Then...Nothing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Behind a death *Solo*   Behind a death *Solo* I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Behind a death *Solo*
Page 1 of 1