The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A better Quincy System

Go down 
+4
Kaiyo
Arawn
Junko
Apollo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Apollo

Apollo

Male
Number of Posts : 14
Registration Date : 2010-12-15

A better Quincy System Empty
PostSubject: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:50 pm

Rank 0 – Follower - Basic Quincy Cross and Bow (color is user’s choice)

Rank 1 – Initiate - First Seele Schneider

Rank 2 – Disciple – Hirenkyaku (****Ginto: Heizen available 200 word app)

Rank 3 – Cleric – Hirenkyaku Mastery; *Sanrei Glove (Shikai equivalent)

Rank 4 – Cannon – Second Seele Schneider (2nd Tech 400 words)

Rank 5 – Deacon – Third Tech: 500 words required (**** Ginto: Gritz available for 500 word app)

Rank 6 – Priest – Third Seele Schneider and **Quincy Pentacle (third bow)

Rank 7 – Bishop – Fourth Tech: 700 words; ***Arrow control

Rank 8 – Archbishop – Fourth Seele Schneider (****Ginto: Wolke available for a 800 word app)

Rank 9 – Cardinal – Able to restore powers lost by removal of the Sanrei Glove (third bow mastery)

Rank 10 – Syneculla – *****Ransōtengai Usage (1000 word app required)

Rank 11 – Patriarch – Fith Seele Schneider; ****Ginto: Sprenger unlocked (1100 word app required)

*This is the equivalent to the shinigami’s shikai, as such the same type of app is required for its usage. Note that if the glove is removed you gain powers equal to that of a Rank 10 until the end of that thread at which time you no longer have powers. You must then find a rank 9 or above to Rp with so as to restore your powers. Once achieved you are allowed to create one ability to use with your new bow.

**This is the equivalent of the bankai as such it requires the same type of app to use.

***You are now able to control the flight path of your arrow’s flight path, though only one at this rank after this rank you can control +1 for each rank thereafter until you are able to control three. Note that this takes INTENSE CONSENTRATION.

****Click here

*****Click here
Back to top Go down
Junko

Junko

Male
Number of Posts : 521
Registration Date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 pm

APPROVED BY DARKNESS

It provides suitable balance to the Quincy Race to the Hollow and Shinigami par and honestly gives an early advantage, which could improve Quincy Activity
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 11:39 pm

I second it, if that matters any.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:30 am

Yeah i'd say it looks fine as well, like Dark said the early on advantage might even increase quincy activity Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 am

Seems logical and fair. And I agree and approve, if anyone cares. Smile
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I'll read at some point...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male
Number of Posts : 154
Job/Interests : Procrastinator
Quote : Hado! Number.... Wait, what?!
Registration Date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 8:41 pm

Derp derp >.>... Why does no one inform me of these things >.>.....

Ooookeday.... Erm... Wasn't the exact same thing already in place??? Or did Marly/Kaiyo forget to actually put in the blasted thing >.>........ No seriously.. The Quincy system I wrote up was the exact dang thing.......

Grrrrrrrrrrrr xD

Wait nvm, the only difference is the addition of the seele schneiders... Which is something I disagree with. No higher Quincy in the right mind would give an initiate a Seele Schneider, it is an advanced item which should only be used by higher Quincy. Quincy do NOT need an "early advantage" If used to their full potential you could already say they have an early advantage. Simply put, Quincy have an advanced mastery of Reishi manipulation to the point where they can give themselves an extraordinary amount of strength, agility or w.e else and quite fast at that.

On another note, it would be INCREDIBLY unfair as a Seele Schneider could easily cut through any Zanpakuto until approximately... Rank 3-4 by my vague estimate. Whatever one of those former Espada would be at. Simply put, it is an incredibly high level item and only a quincy capable of incredible Reishi manipulation *by quincy standards* Would be able to use it

So, if my two cents counts for anything I would decline this.

/end rant
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:49 am

Hey Hado... Nobody told you bout this cause you havent posted since june...
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:34 am

Both of you have a valid point. The reason you weren't told was that you haven't been actively posting for the better part of 6 months. As for the steele issue I don't see the huge advantage. We all know what's it's capable of, yet the low rank person won't be able to fully exploit it. For the most part it would be their "ace in the hole". A big, one shot arrow; that they would try to keep in reserve for desperate times. More often than not, they would probably wield it like a sword rather than shoot it,miss, and have to retrieve it.
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 9:04 am

The source of my argument comes from the fact that the Seele Schneider increases your ability to manipulate Reishi and concentrates into a sword. Think about it, when Ishida was fighting that hollow chick.. I always forget her name, she was blocking the arrows with ease. However, as soon as he bothered pulling on the Seele Schneider she couldn't even touch him even when she gave her all to try and win.

True, a novice wouldn't be able to bring it to it's full potential, hell, I'm not sure they would even be able to use it without a certain degree of training. But that doesn't change the fact that the Seele Schneider would be slightly superior to a shikai in the hands of a rank 1.

What I would be in favor of is a Seele Schneider with it's capabilities weakened. Perhaps a literal *training* Seele Schneider. From there they only get their first real one until rank 4 or 5 or whatever the former limit was. Uryu was retrained by his father quite a bit to regain his quincy abilities, lets not forget that he probably did additional training of some sort after he stole the Seele.

It is obviously easier to manufacture practice weaponry than the real thing. The practice one could perhaps just be a hilt with some form of mechanism that allows you to concentrate Reishi into that shape. It would be very draining to use consistently, in comparison to an arrow anyway. The Seele Schneider in the anime absorbs Reishi particles on its own as well as the quincy himself drawing them into the blade. This "practice" version would rely solely on the Quincy, giving them a melee alternative but also training them in their ability to collect Reishi and training them to weird the full blown thing.

Also... I've been extraordinarily busy the last 6 months, it couldn't really be helped, but, I'm hopefully back now.

PS: After reading this thing through it's very apparent that I get more ideas the more I write Razz
Back to top Go down
Junko

Junko

Male
Number of Posts : 521
Registration Date : 2010-10-30

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:01 pm

Tia not be cannon that a sword thingy can cut though zanpaktou true it vibrates and a reiTsu blade would be sol but solid zany I don't. Thinks so
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:22 pm

The Reishi particles vibrate at high speeds so that it becomes solid and can be cut, nothing is an exception unless it is strong enough to resist. If that weren't true then even a Quincy's arrows would have absolutely no effect on anything, they would just be shiny lights.
Back to top Go down
Darkness

Darkness

Male
Number of Posts : 587
Job/Interests : Student/Aerospace Engineer
Quote : *Artemis has been kicked by Darkness
Registration Date : 2010-03-24

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 12:46 pm

Lets just say that Zanpaktou ARE strong enough to resist...

And move on?

Last check 3 mods and Kaiyo approved this... your late game claims are true, but this system makes it a whole lots simpler, and why bother making training Seele schnider if you can just use the real thing... it is more cost effective and effecient, as training equipment never feels like the real thing, and the quincies as a whole are pretty effecient so...

and btw who doesnt like shiny lights?
Back to top Go down
Apollo

Apollo

Male
Number of Posts : 14
Registration Date : 2010-12-15

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:17 pm

Hado First off...I would like to see the one You "Originally" posted as the fact remains that I asked around and did some looking myself and was not able to find anything regaurding quincy except in response to someone else's post.

Second having one seele would even the field a bit when fighting a shinigami who can use kido as well as there zan. At rank 1 a shinigami has 20 possible kido that they can use, and a Quincy has total 5 possible Ginto that they can use. If it will make you feel better we can make a required word count for the use.
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:15 pm

If you had actually read the first post I put in here, there was a Quincy system that I already had approved by the admin that was very similar and was PMed to them a while ago.

2nd. There are custom ginto on this site if more were created there wouldn't be such a problem I do still have them in my PMs last I checked and I asked Kaiyo to put them in a while back.

3rd. We have a bow, they have a Zan, adapt that into your fighting style, that's kind of the point of being a quincy, is it not?

4th. If I had history that stretched far back enough I know Kaiyo has stated that she doesn't know anything about Quincy.

5th. It would not make me feel better as it would STILL be unfair and Darkness, I shall not say that because it doesn't make sense at all. Would it be so hard to change one word and say there are practice Seeles? Also, it would be less cost effective as making practice equipment is cheaper to manufacture than the real things as obviously less parts are required. Also, to respond to that, why doesn't every novice quincy have a Sanrei glove? Because, it's reserved for those who have proven themselves.

6th. Have you ever once clicked into the quincy hospital? There is a custom board called Ginto training area. Ginto Training Area
Where Quincy come to create and master their own Ginto

7th. There is not only a template but there should be a few customs already in there, ok.. perhaps not... Bah I have them in my PMs I can fix THAT mistake. As for the previous system, I know for a fact I discussed it with darkness
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:21 pm

As Darkness is worried about the whole bladed weapon thing. I see no reason why someone couldn't just create a ginto that makes a temporary sword....
Back to top Go down
Hadoland

Hadoland

Male

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 24, 2010 6:43 pm

Rank 0 – Follower - Basic Quincy Cross and Bow (color is user’s choice)

Rank 1 – Initiate - (Heizen available 200 word app)

Rank 2 – Disciple – First Seele Schneider ; Hirenkyaku

Rank 3 – Cleric – Hirenkyaku Mastery; *Sanrei Glove and 1st tech (Shikai equivalent)

Rank 4 – Cannon – Second Seele Schneider (2nd Tech 400 words)

Rank 5 – Deacon – Third Tech: 500 words required (Gritz available for 500 word app)

Rank 6 – Priest – Third Seele Schneider and **Quincy Pentacle (third bow)

Rank 7 – Bishop – Fourth Tech: 700 words***Arrow control

Rank 8 – Archbishop – Fourth Seele Schneider (Wolke available for a 800 word app) (third bow mastery)

Rank 9 – Cardinal – Able to restore powers lost by removal of the Sanrei Glove

Rank 10 – Syneculla – Ransōtengai Usage (1000 word app required)

Rank 11 – Patriarch – Fith Seele Schneider; Ginto: Sprenger unlocked (1100 word app required)

*This is the equivalent to the shinigami’s shikai, as such the same type of app is required for its usage. Note that if the glove is removed you gain powers equal to 4 ranks higher than your current until the end of that thread at which time you no longer have powers. You must then find a rank 9 or above to Rp with so as to restore your powers. Once achieved you are allowed to create one ability to use with your new bow. When you achieve rank 6 you must RP out the removal of your Sanrei glove and the restoration of your powers. Should you remove the glove before rank 6 you must RP for at least 48 hours without powers at all and once they are restored you will be granted your pentacle bow at reduced potential. The equivalent of your rank respectively.

**This is the equivalent of the bankai as such it requires the same type of app to use.

***You are now able to control the flight path of your arrow’s flight path, though only one at this rank after this rank you can control +1 for each rank thereafter until you are able to control three. Note that this takes INTENSE CONSENTRATION.

NOTE: Seele Schneider is strictly a melee weapon at rank 2 and cannot be used as an arrow until rank 3 its reishi absorbing properties are not useable until rank 4 and as the Quincy becomes stronger so too will the blade itself. Not reaching its absolute full capabilities until around rank 6

All Canon Ginto techniques require only 1 ginto tube to use.

Additions from Hado: I removed arrow control as I think that's a very weak ability. The stopping power of even three arrows at that rank is minimal at best. In my opinion it should be more like 10 to start then up to perhaps 50 with new ranks. If it, like you said, takes INTENSE concentration.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A better Quincy System   A better Quincy System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A better Quincy System
Page 1 of 1