The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito

Go down 
AuthorMessage
elvensong
Admin
elvensong

Female
Number of Posts : 96
Registration Date : 2009-04-18

Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito Empty
PostSubject: Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito   Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:03 am

(ooc: I hope this is roughly what you were looking for. Let me know what you think.)

Elven was quietly cross-stitching in her quarters. She found that after a long hard day at the academy these few quiet moments settled her mind and spirit. An introvert by nature, all the noise and bustle of her training could wear on her if she didn’t cut out a few moments of contemplative time in peaceful pursuits.

Because of this, when she glanced up and noticed a silent figure standing by the wall, she was quite displeased.

It was Naito but not as she normally saw the woman when Elven slipped into that other, interior world. The details of the beautiful woman were gone, only a transparent, dark silhouette remained like a shadow. And when the figure beckoned Elven knew her peaceful night was shot.

But she went.

It was getting easier to let go of the outer world, to just lean her body back against the wall and let her mind drift down, deep, within. When she got there she faced the twins. One was tall, blonde with an athlete’s body. A sword swung from her hip. The other, Naito by name was the scholar. Just as tall as her sister, she had hair the color of soot and a book cradled always in her arms.

”Thank you for coming, Elven. We’ve been waiting for this day.” said Hoshi, the swordswoman.

“We’ve been training together for some time now, and it is time to lay the groundwork for the next step in our progress. murmured Naito. “It is time for us to begin working as one

I... well, yes. That sounds good. But, isn’t’ that what we’ve been doing? All this training and everything? asked Elven.

You know better, don’t you? Said Naito.

Elven didn’t quite know how to respond. Mostly because she DID know that her connection with Kosumosu would require more from her. And more from Kosumosu as well. It frightened her a little. She had always been a solitary spirit. Self-reliant and independent. If you relied on yourself, others would not fail you. And a true connection with Kosumosu would require a greater intimacy as well. Though she often appeared quite open, Elven had a knack for keeping her most inimate & truest self hidden from view. Her manner was such that people just never noticed that there was so much she didn’t say or reveal.

But that wouldn’t wash with Kosumosu, and Elven knew it.

Her experience in mentioning her first meeting with the twins to one of her academy teachers, then finding that news spread throughout the whole teaching staff had left her wary... but, was that really an excuse to halt her progress? Besides, she didn’t need to let them know what was going on again, right?

OK... so maybe the teachers kept asking... and maybe she was a terrible liar... and maybe she would prolly tell them anyway, but... crap, she really didn’t want to stand out in this particular way!

But she did.

Why Elven was the one out of the students in her class who started to bond with her Zanpakuto early would ever be a mystery to her. But if it was her, then she shouldn’t turn away from the experience. No, Kosumosu was right. It was time to begin.

She straightened her shoulders, looked the twins in the eyes and nodded sharply. ”Yes, it is time. Let’s do it. She said, her voice ringing with a confidence that only now began to bud within her.

It was time.
Back to top Go down
elvensong
Admin
elvensong

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito   Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 8:42 pm

”And so you come to us. But do you know why?” demanded Hoshi.

I... what? I mean, to learn Shikai, right? That’s why I’m here. Elven hated the mind games the sisters sometimes played. Why they couldn’t just come out and SAY what they meant... but that didn’t appear to be their way.

“Are you stupid? We’ve an idiot for our wielder, Naito. Did you hear her? Elven, I didn’t ask the means, I asked the ends!” spat Hoshi with a good dose of contempt.

Means? Ends? What was she after? Hoshi was such a pain! Shikai WAS the end, wasn’t it? Elven thought furiously, then she went over the conversation again. Her ‘then again’ thoughts started to percolate... Shikai was just a tool, after all. You didn’t call out Shikai and sit there and admire it, you USED it. Oh lord, Hoshi was right... she WAS an idiot.

“To protect.” she stated. “To make the world safer for those who cannot protect themselves. I also want to release the tormented Hollows from their twisted hunger and allow them a new life in the Soul Society. All this I wish, and more. She blushed as the sisters watched her. “I want to excel. I want to touch glory. I want to be a brilliant Shinigami, and serve the 13 court guard with honor and distinction.” She ducked her head. “I’m a little vain, aren’t I? I’m sorry.

Hoshi snorted. “Now what silliness, girl? Do you think WE don’t wish for honor, for glory? Why should that be a bad thing? It teaches you to extend your reach. To push yourself to be the best you can be? And you apologize for this? Bah!” She reached out and shoved Elven’s shoulder with rather good natured irritation. The swordswoman was often irritated, but there was approval in her eyes now as well.

Elven smiled nervously. “OK... I guess you are right. No, I KNOW you are right. No more apologies then. Together we will excel. Um... do we just keep training like we have been?

The sisters exchanged a look. “No, more than that is required. I think you knew that.” murmured Naito. “You must first learn our name.

Elven’s blank look said it all. But she tried gamely, just to move things along. “...and those names would be... Naito and Hoshi?”

Hoshi snorted contemptuously but it was Naito who answered. “That is MY name, and my sister’s. You must learn OUR name. Deep within, you already know it. Self-doubt is the barrier you must defeat. What will you do, Elvensong. What do you think will happen when you cry out our name, ********?”

The effect had the shinigami pausing. She heard everything but that last word. She had watched the dark-haired beauty’s lips form the word. In some corner of her mind she even believed that her ears had captured the syllables... but why had it not reached her mind? Was she that resistant?

What a stupid question. Yes... she’d been resistant all her life. Stepping out into center stage, taking the spotlight. Those thing terrified her, even as they drew her. And now? Naito was peeking at her through a veil of dark hair. Hoshi was fuming. It was no joke to them, this was a rejection. These two sisters who’d generously given themselves to her defense, and her dreams, and she was rejecting them. But still they stood before her, willing her to make the leap.

Her greatest enemy was herself. Those dark deep fears that undermined everything she wished to be. Was she going to allow that?

No... NO... NO! I will NOT fail. It is time. Time to live, time to put everything on the table and FIGHT!

The sister’s exchanged a look, and turned back to her. Elven’s eyes blazed a rare clear green as she stood before them, resolute. Yes, it was time. In unison their lips began to form the syllables once again...
Back to top Go down
elvensong
Admin
elvensong

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito   Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:59 pm

We are... Kosumosu. Call out our name. Command us, “Star Falls, Night screams, Kosumosu Rise!”

And Elven did.

The black and white ribbons trailing off the tip of the hilt took on a life of their own, coiling up her arm under her sleeve. Elven blinked and fought down an impulse to rip the intrusion away.

Naito spoke softly, “Have a care. Your focus in battle gives us strength. Lose it and you hamper our ability to aid you.

Elven knew that, and pushed her irritation with herself to the background. Accessing her competitive streak and marshalling her thoughts forward into a battlefield mentality. Surprises tended to ambush her focus and scatter it. That would not do. Training would help there, presumably.

The ribbons were slipping down her right arm now too, but her attention was caught by what was happening to the blade of Kosumosu. The thing was shrinking down to nothing! What the hell was that about?!?!?!?

The sisters exchanged a smug look between themselves and set about training their horrified wielder.

“You must call our name with conviction, if you wish to achieve Release before the enemy cuts you down.” Murmured Naito, as she drifted off to one side, perusing her book casually.

“Mhm... I understand.” Nodded elven as she studied her new look. She’d been left with a set of short claws extending forward from her knuckles, the... hm... hilt? of the pieces cleverly wrapped around her hands for a strong, controlled grip. They looked like deadly bladed gloves.

“...And now... dance!” Cried Hoshi, who drew her blade with relish and advanced on elven, Naito in tow.

Elven, however, fell back in dismay.

“What’s wrong, are you a coward?” demanded Hoshi with understandable irritation.

“No! Erm... well, maybe. Kinda yes, that is, sometimes. Often? But that’s not the problem.”

“And how could cowardice NOT be a problem?” Was Hoshi’s (very reasonable) question.

[/i]“Oh, yes... I suppose it is, actually. Depending on the thing, really. But, not usually, as I just do things anyway, even if I’m scared.” Confessed elven as she continued her retreat. “[i]What I’m having trouble with here is... well, the blades, they are so SHORT! I don’t mind overcoming cowardice when I’ve got a nice long blade too, it’s suicide that bothers me.”

Naito chuckled, and quirked an eyebrow silently at her sister when Hoshi rounded on her. “Well, I suppose it is a new art form for you, but I assure you this is well within your grasp.” Grumbled the white warrior.

“Well, that’s good. Very good, from my point of view.” Acceded elven. “...and, how does that art form go, if you don’t mind?”

“I assure you, your survival is just as vital, from OUR point of view.” Interjected Naito, gently. “Firstly, you must learn speed. Until you can dart in under your enemy’s guard with the speed of moonlight dancing on the water, you truly will be nothing but Hollow-bait. We are fortunate that you’ve a gift for shunpo.”

“Yes... once you master the techniques, you can catch the enemy’s weapon on one set of claws, even learning to snare it with a nice twist of one hand while...” here Naito cleared her throat. Hoshi redirected her thoughts. “Um... yes, that’s a bit further on in training. But the simple form of the move is, catch the advancing weapon on one set of claws, block it or even better redirect it using the force your own enemy has thrown into his blow to send it away...” another gentle clearing of the throat. “Er... Right... block... or redirect... dance within his reach, QUICKLY... then strike at the most vital spot available! Ha!Hoshi finished in a rush miming a bloodthirsty upward slash, while eyeing her sister apprehensively. But apparently Naito approved, as a tiny smile drifted around her lips.

“I see. Yes. That would do it” Mumbled elven, as she studied her claws. Tentatively, she made slashing motions. Growing bolder she mimed the possibilities as they occurred to her. An underhanded slash, shallow, but enough to disembowel one of the animal-form Hollows. A short punch, straight forward... then a wicked twist once the blades were lodged... but care would be needed to maintain the proper angle of the blades. Still, it promised to be one of her most powerful strikes, once mastered. Overhand? Yes... possibly. If she made sure to drive the blades in a downward strike... yes, definitely. Or slashing at the eyes... Hoshi’s smile grew as she nodded, and drifted in to adjust form on occasion.

Yes, definitely, indeed! The warrior thought as she watched elven learn.

elven was oblivious to her approval though. She studied her right hand. How to use the defensive blades? Ah... she thought, consider their curvature, that will be critical. The backhand would deflect well, but would not be very good at controlling the sweep of the enemy strike. It could possibly skitter off the blade and fall awkwardly for her. She would have to learn which strikes were likely to cause trouble with that particular block. But perhaps, if she fowled her enemy’s blades with her own...

And she would need to gain strength in both arms! Plans for training exercises began to swim through her head.

As she moved, striking harder and more fiercely, her pores opened and the blood pump pleasingly through her veins. Utterly fascinated now, she tried and examined the forms spinning out in her mind. And Hoshi cheerfully sparred with her at half speed, loving this above all things.

All the while, Naito smiled as her wielder and her sister came to know one another. Soon, her turn would come. She relished the surprises Elven would discover on THAT day!
Back to top Go down
elvensong
Admin
elvensong

Female

PostSubject: Re: Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito   Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:07 pm

Shikai Template

Call out phrase: Star Falls, Night screams, Kosumosu Rise!

Description of released form: Upon release, the ribbons off the hilt coil up elven’s left arm, around the neck, and finally down the right arm. (Elven is left handed) The blade shortens, splits to move with the ribbons over to the right, splits again and finally draws into claws arching off of both arms. This might have been considered one of the rare ‘double bladed’ forms except for a series of smaller blades that hang off a hard circular choker around Elven’s neck. These have various uses.

Ability 1: Elven’s Zanpakuto draws from many different elements of her personality. (continuing the ‘inner cosmos’ theme) Its Shikai form reflects that. As her main strength is drawn from combat skill and Kidou training the form of Shikai is echoed in the double clawed blades on each hand (left draws from Hoshi the warrior, right draws from Naito the scholar). However, the choker around her neck offers up a number of other smaller elements of her personality. She can use these blades for a number of different functions (Note: I will to earn each blade for general RP by training her to utilize each separate skill in a personal thread or a dueling thread). The blades hold different physical forms, and respond to different kidou or natural elements (like fire, ice, wind) when she learns to cast Kidou through them.

It should be said that none of the elements she can draw up will ever match the force you’d find in a straight up blade. For instance, Elven will not be able to match the strength behind Stark’s fire style blade. Even with much training, she can only ever achieve a percentage of that particular energy. Still, when the kidou is directed through an individual blade Kosumosu increases both it’s power and focus. You wouldn’t want to get tagged by one of those!

Also note, while she can learn to combine the different elements for interesting effects (imagine calling up ice and wind to create a hailstorm tornado and engulfing the enemy in it to beat him senseless with those ice balls! *wicked grins*), I intend to earn each separate effect fairly through training.

Think of Kosumosu as the Swiss army knife of the Zanpakuto set.

Ability 2: Gained after "200" amount of ZE.

Ability 3: Gained after "300" amount of ZE.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito   Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kosumosu... Hoshi & Naito
Page 1 of 1