The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WE definitely need Captains

Go down 
+5
Kaito Saruwatari
Marlamin1
Sal Norongachi
Ayame Ryouta
Zaquri
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 10:11 am

Woah, woah, wait...

If this Ranking System is put into place... will we still have a stat system working in the background? Even if we have something to show the specializations of the character, it would be wise to show the attributes(Stats) one possesses...

I may just be confused and need it put in words I can understand but I'm not in favor of tossing the stat system and replacing it with a single 0-11 number...

Please explain it again for me! XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male
Number of Posts : 422
Job/Interests : Sports Agent
Quote : Times are hard all over. It rains on the just and the unjust alike.
Registration Date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 pm

We aren't necessarily tossing out the stat system rather we are simply tweaking a bit so that it come out as a ranking system. The mods and admins will still grade posts as if it were the stat system and keep tally of that stuff in a separate thread. The only difference would be the user would receive rankings rather than stats, but I understand your hesitation.
Back to top Go down
Shoon Takeshi

Shoon Takeshi

Male
Number of Posts : 29
Job/Interests : Interning at a law firm this summer, lucky me...
Quote : We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge ... forging the first link in the chains of hatred.
Registration Date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Quick question about this ranking system deal. Is this based upon the actual positions ya get or can ya be a lieutenant with the swords skills of a captain?
Back to top Go down
Marlamin1
Admin
Marlamin1

Male
Number of Posts : 1560
Job/Interests : Forum Admin - Bartender
Registration Date : 2009-10-19

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 10:22 am

My point, except I wasn't really specifying swordplay.

It is assumed that captains have great spiritual energy and most likely to be able to use high level kido... Kenpachi being the exception...

So it's quite possible that an academy student or 0 rank can reach a higher level of kido than a captain (Kenpachi) or 11...

This would be shown with stats... Kenny having a crap kido power...

Tis why there should still be stats with this rank system, to show an all around list of strengths and weaknesses...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thebleachworld.darkbb.com
Shoon Takeshi

Shoon Takeshi

Male
Number of Posts : 29
Job/Interests : Interning at a law firm this summer, lucky me...
Quote : We are but men, drawn to act in the name of revenge we deem to be "justice". But when we call our vengeance "justice", it only breeds more revenge ... forging the first link in the chains of hatred.
Registration Date : 2009-12-24

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 08, 2010 1:28 pm

Now, that I looked at it I didn't notice the different areas. It looks like ya have to develop all yer stats in order to improve. I guess it's so people can be captain's in different ways. For instance from what Kaito was sayin' ya can have an overall number that is above captain level and be eligible for captain. That doesn't mean that ya are necessarily a captain yet...I think
Back to top Go down
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male
Number of Posts : 422
Job/Interests : Sports Agent
Quote : Times are hard all over. It rains on the just and the unjust alike.
Registration Date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 6:27 am

In other words yes, you could be a lieutenant that is as strong or stronger than a captain. Think about Tousen or Ikkaku, who both weren't lieutenant's at the time that they achieved their bankai. Bankai is equivalent to the level of captain right? Well there you go...captain strength fighters at lower seats.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:01 am

I'm just a bit confused here, i may have an imbalance in my blood to alcohol level (i'm sober...), but how is this any different than the current stat system? Aside from being far more complex. From the current stat system you could draw ranking from it. The only reason it hasn't been done is that A) I'm a good for nothing Scotsman and B) I'm a lazy good for nothing Scotsman.

The Stat system is far from perfect, it was never meant to remain in its current state for this length of time. The system you see thus far is a very rough beta system that myself and Xav tossed up after a couple of hours chatting. Its unpolished and could certainly do with some work but the reason we both liked the initial idea above everything else was that it was fairly simple and very easy to grasp.

This is a good thing for many reasons the main being the internet has its fair share of morons (like me huzzah!) and also Bleach is a cartoon thus we get younger members who may not be able to grasp a more complex and diverse system.

However its high time it got updated to be more...hmm...whats the word...flexible?
So! Saying that anyone who wishes to get their teeth into the stat system add me to MSN, my addy is around here somewhere but failing that.

Salem_Norongachi@hotmail.com

Sally over and out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WE definitely need Captains   WE definitely need Captains - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WE definitely need Captains
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum :: Daireishokairo (Archives) :: Archives :: 2020 Reset :: November 2015 Reset :: General Board :: Suggestions-
Jump to: