The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Dangerous Game Of Tag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male
Number of Posts : 422
Job/Interests : Sports Agent
Quote : Times are hard all over. It rains on the just and the unjust alike.
Registration Date : 2009-07-24

A Dangerous Game Of Tag Empty
PostSubject: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 13, 2009 11:50 pm

(Speed please)

Walking into the main hall of the 3rd squad area made Kaito nervous since he had rarely ever been here before, but this time the lieutenant had personally ordered him to come in and discuss so serious matter of business. Not liking the sound of the conversation, Kaito jammed his fists into his robe pockets as he made his way towards the lieutenant's office, "What did I ever do to deserve having to chat with the lieutenant?" he asked himself as he bit down on his bamboo blowpipe in his mouth. In honesty he had only seen the captain about two times since he had joined the 3rd squad, but he didn't mind it that much because he found the captain to be an eccentric guy, who tried to spread his energy and charisma with everyone around him; especially Kaito. Folding his arms behind his head Kaito wondered what it was that the lieutenant could possibly want with a simple 3rd seater like himself, "That lieutenant is kinda pushy...in fact I find his character to be even less comfortable to be around than the captain" he admitted to himself.

As soon as he entered the office, Kaito heard the lieutenant's voice, "Kaito Saruwatari...you are a bit late. You should know that I don't appreciate being disrespected by any of the members below me even if they are but one rank below..." he said without so much as casting a glance Kaito's direction. Of course Kaito understood that he was obligated to pay respect the man in the feathery, purple chair, but he didn't have to show that he wasn't appreciating the lieutenant's tone of voice with him at the moment. Keeping his face expressionless, Kaito strolled to the front of the lieutenant's desk so that his presence couldn't be ignored even if the lieutenant tried his hardest to do so, "Excuse me...Jimbei-fukutaichou, but what exactly is it that you needed me for?" he quipped as he tried to maintain control of his irritation with the man. A smile began to curl up on the lieutenant's face and Kaito knew that he was in for some serious trouble, "Well, you came to the 3rd squad with the ability to use flash step...I just thought that you and I could train together since I hear that your speed is great enough to test even that of some lieutenants" the man explained cruelly.

Soon Kaito found himself outside in the squad's training grounds with the lieutenant stretching with a grin on his face as if he was going to engage in the most enjoyable sake drinking contest in the world, "What did I do to deserve this?" Kaito wondered as his shoulders drooped. Once the lieutenant was done stretching he laughed and motioned for Kaito to come over to him, "Kaito-San-seki, the exercise that we will do is more of a game than a real training exercise so you should be excited" he said with huge smile, "Simply put it is a game of tag and I'm it for starters" he finished with a laugh. Just as Kaito was about to protest the lieutenant disappeared and reappeared behind him and Kaito heard a dark voice say, "Saruwatari-san, please don't tell me that this is all the speed that you can muster...". Instantly Kaito flash stepped into a nearby tree branch to escape the lieutenant as he hoped that he could at least explain to him that he wanted no part of this training. He turned around and looked back to the spot where the lieutenant previously was, "You've got to be kidding me..." he groaned as he felt the tree bend as a new presence's weight encroached upon it. Kaito glanced back to see the lieutenant's hand coming towards him at frightening speed and the only thing that Kaito could do was throw himself off the tree branch so that he had more time to escape the lieutenant's next move.

As he fell through the air, he quickly adjusted his body position so that he was able to view the tree which the lieutenant was perched upon, "There's nothing fake about Jimbei the Blurry's legacy after all..." he thought as his eyes tried to find the lieutenant. Suddenly he felt a presence behind him and he knew at once that it must have been the lieutenant so he gathered reishi at his feet so that he was able to gain purchase upon the reishi particles in mid air, which meant that he could now use flash step to escape the lieutenant. At the last second, Kaito was able to flash step back to the ground and this time he rolled into his landing so that he may actually be able to predict where the lieutenant would strike next. His plan worked as he managed to catch the lieutenant staring down at him with the look of disdain that was normally on his face, "He must be getting frustrated about not having caught me just yet..." Kaito observed with a smile at the amount of trouble he was causing the lieutenant. Suddenly the shinigami's image disappeared in a blur from the air and Kaito found himself staring at the lieutenant who was now directly in front of him, "Shi--!" he uttered as he quickly leaned back from the lieutenant's extended hand that was glowing with reiatsu.

"Hado # 33, Blue Fire, Crash Down" the lieutenant said with a sneer firmly attached to his lip and his eyes flashed with malicious intent as they beared into the crimson pupils of Kaito. The kido attacked exploded from the lieutenant's hand with incredible force and Kaito felt the heat as he propelled himself backward using reiatsu that was released through his feet, but the huge blue flame continued to encompass him despite his attempts to try and distance himself from it. Breathing out, Kaito smiled, "Lieutenant-san, I haven't been completely honest about how fast I am" he said with not a hint of pride in his voice. Digging his feet into the ground, Kaito gathered reiatsu into the balls of his feet as he had done so many times before and with the noise of a small jet engine revving up flash stepped behind the famous lieutenant that had been known for his speed, "Sorry, I didn't think that you would push me so far" he said with a playful shrug of the shoulders. He could see Jimbei's face get angry as he glanced behind at Kaito, "Well then, shall I test just how much real speed you possess then?" the lieutenant then asked Kaito. Without even waiting for Kaito answered, the lieutenant began to run at the young shingami with an open palm leading the way. Narrowing his eyes as he gripped the bamboo blowpipe firmly in his teeth, "What is he up to?...this is more than just a game of tag..." he realized as he observed how seriously the lieutenant was taking things.
Back to top Go down
Kajitora

Kajitora

Male
Number of Posts : 165
Job/Interests : Anime/Manga, Writing, Japanese language
Quote : "I think therefore I am."
Registration Date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: RE: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 15, 2009 5:46 pm

I really enjoyed this one! +3 to Speed
Back to top Go down
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 12:53 am

(Speed please. Thank you once again judges)

Kaito leaned away from the extended hand of the lieutenant with ease which only made him more suspicious about what his lieutenant was trying to accomplish since they were both holding back in terms of speed and for Kaito he was simply holding back because he was lazy. His crimson eyes followed the lieutenant's steps with the intense concentration waiting to see where the hidden element of the lieutenant's objective would finally reveal itself, "None of this makes any sense...why is he coming after me?" Kaito wondered. It annoyed him that since he had become 3rd seat there had been nothing, but troublemakers who were out to prove he wasn't fit for the job or they simply wanted to see what kind of abilities he was capable of. Being lost in his thoughts, Kaito was almost caught by the lieutenant as he flash stepped to the underside of a tree branch and came plummeting towards Kaito on the ground, but Kaito quickly rolled away from the threat which served only to infuriate the lieutenant. Jimbei cursed many times as he raised his right hand towards Kaito and said, "Bakudo # 4, Crawling Rope" with much vexation in his voice.

The fact that the lieutenant used such a weak kido to try and capture Kaito proved that he was up to something, but Kaito hadn't the faintest idea what it could be, "He is too dangerous for me to just underestimate..." he worried as he watched kido race towards him. Suddenly he felt the presence of the lieutenant behind him from the hot breath the man had streaming from his mouth, "Well Kaito-San-seki...maybe you aren't as fast as you thought" he mocked as he reached his hand out dramatically to show that he had won. Kaito rolled his eyes as he wondered, "Does this guy have a brain as he is saying all this? I mean is a lieutenant of his stature supposed to be this naive?" as he ducked underneath the kido ropes that flew at him. The lieutenant's hideous sneer gave way to a look of fright at the fact that his own kido technique was going to be used to bind him, but then he began to smile darkly which caught Kaito's attention right away, "What?!" was all that Kaito could say. Jimbei had flash stepped away and had pinned down Kaito with his foot with his head reared back in annoying laugh in Kaito's opinion, "My word, San-seki-san, is it really okay for you to be so miserable at shunpo like this?" he laughed again while putting his little finger by the right corner of his atrocious smile.

Grabbing the lieutenant's foot Kaito tried to push the heavy foot of Jimbei the blur of his body, but the man refused to let him get up no matter how many times he admitted to being beaten and that the other was actually the superior user of shunpo. In truth Kaito still had yet to use his true speed, but he also wanted to get out of being stuck in the lieutenant's presence any longer than he really had to be, "Jimbei-fukutaichou...can I please get up now that you have proved that you are the best...?" he asked bluntly showing no sign of emotion at losing the game against the lieutenant. It was obvious to Kaito that his lack of emotion was unnerving to the lieutenant, but to his surprised the man took his foot off the young shinigami's chest with any word at all. Naturally this made Kaito suspicious as the lieutenant then proceeded to pull him to his feet and even helped Kaito to clean off his shikakushou which had the imprint of the lieutenant's foot upon it, "Thank you fukutaichou-san. I will be seeing you around and thank you for the invigorating game" he finished with a bow and started on his way back. Suddenly he saw a flashing kick coming straight for his head so he flipped backwards so his moment was in line with the kick's arch causing it to sail harmlessly over his face as he landed back in position.

"What do you think you are doing, San-seki-san?" Kaito heard the lieutenant ask and Kaito's heart sunk as he realized that the lieutenant had no intentions of letting him go anywhere despite the fact that they had finished their game or so Kaito had thought. "What more could you possibly want from me, Jimbei-fukutaichou?" Kaito asked as he tried to hide as much of his irritation with the man as possible; his teeth bit into the bamboo blow pipe so hard that it may have been very close to cracking for all Kaito knew. "You haven't fulfilled your role as it. Of course you know that once you have been tag that it is you turn to be it. So that it why the training exercise isn't over yet, you see?" the man said as he held his hand in the air trying to confirm the truth in his statement, but he didn't get the chance to finish as Kaito reached out to grab the man's sleeve in rash attempt to try and end the game prematurely. The lieutenant flash stepped up and onto the one of the 3rd squad buildings as he laughed out loud and said something that Kaito couldn't hear because of the angry pounding of his heart as he stared up at the lieutenant with a civil demeanor.

"Kaito-san, you could have let me finish before we started the game, I mean I already know how eager you are to enjoy getting left in my dust already" the lieutenant taunted Kaito. It wasn't so much the taunt that made Kaito want to take the game serious, but it was the fact that he truly would have to play by the lieutenant's rules or else he would never get away from the lieutenant. Flash stepping on to the same building, but only a few inches away from the lieutenant Kaito tried to reason with the lieutenant, "There is probably a time and a better place for us to play this silly game, Jimbei-fuku--" was all that he got to say as the lieutenant threw a punch at him. Kaito managed to duck at the last second and he stared at the lieutenant with a questioning look, "Don't look at me like that. I decided that this game is going to help us build communication between you and I" the man stated disapprovingly at Kaito. Sighing Kaito didn't bother questioning the lieutenant any further as his image disappeared and reappeared right beside the silhouette of Jimbei's in a nearby tree, but the glimpse of both their figures lasted only a second. The two reappeared in the clearing where the training had initially started, "Well now, I can use this opportunity to assess you and your impressive fighting capabilities..." the lieutenant said to him with a mischievous grin.
Back to top Go down
Kajitora

Kajitora

Male
Number of Posts : 165
Job/Interests : Anime/Manga, Writing, Japanese language
Quote : "I think therefore I am."
Registration Date : 2009-02-16

PostSubject: RE: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 7:23 pm

+2 to Speed
Back to top Go down
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 10:23 pm

(Speed please)

Kaito murmured something about lieutenant, Jimbei being a complete psychopath , but before he could even finish his sentence the lieutenant had appeared before him with an angry expression on his face, "Kaito-san-seki...when you are it that means that you are supposed to chase after the person who is running away..." he said darkly. "Ara?" was all Kaito managed to get out as the lieutenant unsheathed his zanpakutou and launched a slash at Kaito's head that if the young shinigami hadn't leaned back to dodge would have decapitated him. As he managed to avoid the the dangerous sword slash, Kaito shot the lieutenant a vicious look as he shouted, "Just what the hell is the big idea trying to take off my head like that?" he asked angrily. The lieutenant's only response was to shunpo away to another building, but Kaito managed to keep his mind's eye on Jimbei as followed the trace of reiatsu that the lieutenant had left behind as he disappeared as he sighed as he bent his legs in preparation to chase after the lieutenant. Flash stepping after the lieutenant, Kaito and the angry officer appeared on the next building and Kaito tried to grab him so they could finally put an end to the silly game that the lieutenant wouldn't just let go off her.

The lieutenant seemed to be surprised by the speed which Kaito's reaction kicked in, but he barely managed to escape the grasp of Kaito as once again the lieutenant flash stepped away away as he landed a few feet away from Kaito cackling at the young shinigami. "Poor...Kaito-san-seki.." he said with a disgusting sneer on his face; Jimbei was an old timer who emitted the old kind of rich that went off into the atmosphere in small waves going something like a beeping smoke detector which was another reason that Kaito didn't like him. Shifting his feet slightly, Kaito watched the lieutenant to see whether he could managed to take advantage of any small opening that the lieutenant might unwittingly leave him by acting stupidly which was the trademark of the lieutenant. Suddenly in the lieutenant's place there was nothing more than a blur as he suddenly felt a presence behind him, "Sorry, san-seki-san...you won't be catching me making stupid mistakes today..." he said in a sing song tone. Spinning around quickly, the young shinigami caught a hold of the lieutenant's right sleeve, but before he could grasp his prey the lieutenant flash stepped away once again, but this time Kaito didn't wait for the lieutenant to land on next post as he went after Jimbei in mid air.

Colliding in mid-air the two shinigami where now moving at speeds faster than the eyes of a normal shinigami could keep pace with, Kaito's first move was to try and grip at Jimbei's other arm, but the lieutenant twisted out of the way once again. The skirmish wasn't over though as Kaito continued his fervent attept to take a grasp of Jimbei's shoulder robe, but Jimbei proved that there was no way that he could simply apprehend one of the fastest shinigami to ever become a lieutenant since the coup d'etat 300 years ago. By twisting his body, Kaito twisted his body in a angle that rotated his body so that he was spinning through the air parallel to the ground "Jimbei-fukutaichou...your speed is going to prove to be quite annoying..." he said as he clenched the bamboo blowpipe in his mouth, but to the right. They both landed on the next building where the lieutenant quickly leaped away from Kaito's grasp before he could manage to get a hold of the man. "Dammit..." Kaito cursed through his teeth, it shocked him that the lieutenant was still trying to outrun Kaito even though the game had long since outplayed its enjoyment.

A burning a irritation began to take hold of his being and he immediately raised his hand in the air, "Jimbei-fukutaichou...I give up...please stop..." he said as he turned away and looked at the headquarters where the whole training had begun. He took a step towards the headquarters, but he quickly felt an arm grip him, "Where do you think you are going...especially when you haven't been dismissed" the lieutenant said as he brought his face inches from Kaito's face. Without wasting a second, Kaito locked his left leg around the lieutenant's nearest leg and then used momentum to flip Jimbei onto the ground as he pivoted on his right foot, "He is known as the blur after all so the next couple of seconds are crucial..." he thought to himself. The world seemed to move in slow motion as Kaito kept his eyes locked upon the lieutenant who now had a shocked expression on his face from the way that things were currently happening. With a thud that reverberated through Kaito's own body, the lieutenant landed flat on his back with a dazed look on his face as he stared up at Kaito with a bewildered look.

Quickly Kaito braced his knee against the old man's chest, pinning him to the ground in the same fashion that Jimbei himself had pinned Kaito before, "Well, I guess it is as they say...karma is a bitch after all..." Kaito said as he chuckled at the old man. Suddenly it seemed as if the old man was coughing so Kaito lessened the amount of weight that he was applying to the old man's chest just a little, but it was enough for the cunning lieutenant to escape once again, "Sympathy is an emotion required to be a shinigami, Saruwatari-san" the lieutenant remarked snidely. Slapping his open palm against his forward, Kaito cursed himself for being so naive that he would fall for such a cheap manuever like that, but he reminded himself that there was always an opening in any situation so immediately began watching Jimbei once again. "He is going to make a mistake just like he did just a few moments ago. Those that make the least mistakes are the ones that are able to take an upper hand on the battle..." he told himself as he got up slowly from his crouched position, but then leaned to the right as he felt a slicing wind shoot by him from behind. The lieutenant cackled like a small child as he immediately made a break for the nearest building top and Kaito sighed as he stared up into the sky in complete dismay.
Back to top Go down
Kuro Crowe

Kuro Crowe

Male
Number of Posts : 236
Job/Interests : Virology
Quote : Sup, I am the friendly neighborhood Nerdy-chan!
Registration Date : 2009-07-25

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:07 pm

+2.5 Speed!
Back to top Go down
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 3:48 pm

(Speed please. Thank you judges)

The lieutenant continued to laugh as if there was some advantage that Kaito wasn't aware of so Kaito stood his ground on the building adjacent to the one that the lieutenant had leaped to, "I wonder what he could possibly be laughing about so loudly...it couldn't be that he..." Kaito contemplated as he narrowed his eyes. Turning to the laughing figure of the lieutenant on the other building a small smile crept onto the young shinigami's face as he calmly called out, "Jimbei-fukutaichou...you don't think that you are faster than me do?". Although there was no immediate reaction to the question that Kaito had posed to the old man who also happened to be his commanding officer, Kaito could tell that Jimbei had heard him and that he would soon see the fruits of his mental assault. On cue Jimbei's laughter began to slow until there was nothing more to the senior officer's expression than a cold scowl that in no way belied the happiness that he had been experiencing just a few moments ago, "...you arrogant brat...don't test me..." he breathed out evilly as he stared daggers at Kaito. Watching lieutenant Jimbei very closely, the third seat of the third squad watched as venomous anger began to overcome the old man's logic and sighed as he shook his head at the predictability of the situation.

As he looked up once again he saw that Jimbei had now leaped from the other building towards him with an expression of rage as Kaito simply looked at him with a small smile on his face; for the two of them the world seemed to be moving slowly because they used their mind's eye to keep track of each other's movements. When the lieutenant was finally close enough Kaito calmly said, "I thought that I was it lieutenant..." with the same small smile playing at the corner of his lips as he slowly, but purposefully raised his hand gesturing as if to grab the lieutenant. Jimbei's expression quickly changed to one of shock and anger as he drove his right foot into the ground so that he could lean back and avoid Kaito's lazy attempt at trying to capture him which would put an end to the silly game that the lieutenant had started. Once the old man had landed at what he felt was a safe distance away from Kaito he pointed out with a wrinkled finger and spat out, "Baka!...I am Jimbei the Blur. Do you really believe that simple mind games can overcome the speed which I possess?" he asked confidently as he stuck his chest out into the air. Kaito didn't even waste time responding to the lieutenant as he gathered reiatsu into the soles of his feet and flash stepped directly behind the lieutenant, but at the same time leaving a clone so that it still looked as if he were standing in the same spot.

Without touching the lieutenant Kaito began to speak in an even tone that had a deadly edge to it, "Jimbei...I don't think that mind games are needed to overcome your speed...at this point I'm not even sure if you can follow my movements..." he quipped at the old man whose entire body had stiffened when he had speak. The quickly regained control of himself as he flash stepped quickly into a tree branch and without stopping crouched once again so that he could flash step to another location. In between the moments of the old man landing on the tree and getting into a crouching position Kaito had flash stepped in front of the old man before the lieutenant could even react to the sudden appearance of the young man in front of him. The old man let out a gasp once he realized that the shadow that was blocking out the sun was not a tree branch; with a quivering lip and a raised arm the old man seemed to finally begin to feel fear about the level of the third seat's ability. "N-no way...your speed...its at captain level...but you're only a third seat. How could you have acquired so much power so fast?" he said, but then he shook his head as if to refuse to accept that he had been bested by an officer both younger and at a lower ranking than himself he flash stepped away.

Within Kaito's mind's eye the old man's movements were sluggish and very easily predictable which meant that he should probably wrap things up quickly now that he had already decided to reveal his full speed, "What a stubborn guy...even though he has been completely surpassed he refuses to give up..." Kaito thought as he cleaned his ear. Kaito continued to watch the lieutenant's flash step and began to predict the path that he would take to intercept the old man so that it would require the least effort to complete the troublesome task. Once he had figured out a trajectory in which he was sure would give him an easy capture Kaito leaped from the tree and pumped reiatsu from his feet so that he dove down upon the lieutenant like a hawk upon its prey. The wind sliced through Kaito hair and kept it plastered back which was even more beneficial to him because it allowed him to have maximum vision of the lieutenant although it may not have been a luxury that he necessarily needed since the old man was so much slower than himself. As the distance between himself and the old man continued to close Kaito bit harder into the blowpipe in his mouth as he readied his arm to quickly extend so that he could apprehend the old man and be done with the god forsaken game.

The instant that Kaito was upon the lieutenant his hand shot out quickly in a blur and the young shinigami was already beginning to feel the relief of being done with the business of having to deal with the arrogant lieutenant before he had even captured him. Without warning the old man whirled around as they both sailed through the air above the third squad barracks and kicked away the boy's hand as it was about to take a firm hold of the old man's shirt, "You are definitely going to need more than that to strap me down boy!" the old man yelled out gleefully. Even though the lieutenant's surprise attack wasn't among the things that he had thought was going to happen, Kaito had foreseen that something unexpected would happen, but he didn't get why the lieutenant was so confident. Kaito immediately began to learn why when the lieutenant then raised his left palm at the young shinigami and called out, "Bakudo # 62, Hundred Step Fence" and suddenly a rod of energy formed in the lieutenant's hand. "Dammit..." Kaito thought as he immediately flipped backward as the lieutenant launched the kido at him and just missed him by a couple of inches, but this didn't seem to dampen the lieutenant's mood as he readied another kido spell to attack Kaito with, "Just give it up..." Kaito begged inwardly.
Back to top Go down
Kaiyo
Soul Society Faction Leader
Kaiyo

Female
Number of Posts : 2748
Quote : Pain is weakness leaving the body
Registration Date : 2009-05-18

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 1:13 pm

+1.5 speed
Back to top Go down
Kaito Saruwatari

Kaito Saruwatari

Male

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 11:03 am

(Speed please. Thank you judges)

Staring at the lieutenant, Kaito couldn't help feeling some sense of pity because of how far he had ended up passing the decrepit old man that had attained the title of Jimbei, the blur who now stood below Kaito's own level, "To think that such a great person is only capable of this..." he pondered. It seemed even Kaito's being lost in thought further angered the lieutenant because he lurched at Kaito with a bulging face screaming some incoherent noise which Kaito didn't even bother to decipher. Ducking underneath the lieutenant's flailing right hand, Kaito grabbed the old man and threw into a tree where he saw the old man's back crash into the tree with a sickening thud before the old man slumped to the ground seemingly unconscious. Sighing the young shinigami placed his hands in the pockets of his robe as he stared up at the afternoon sun setting into the clouds, "What am I going to do with this pain in the ass lieutenant?" Kaito asked himself as he labored over what to do next. When he heard the stirring of tree branches, his head immediately dropped into his chest in mortification as he realized what happened without even having to turn his head to observe the lieutenant getting up once more despite having been bested in every possible way.

Turning towards the lieutenant slowly, Kaito gave a small breath as he continued to look at the ground so as not to make eye contact with the lieutenant, "So...can we just call this ridiculous child's game at its end now?" he asked the lieutenant while trying to be careful about how he posed the question. Without even thinking about what it could mean to consider Kaito's option the lieutenant raised his nose in the air and snidely replied, "No", much to Kaito's frustration even though the young shinigami didn't let it show. The lieutenant walked towards Kaito with a grin on his face as he seemed to be struggling to remove something from his robe pants, "I have got the last phase of our little game of tag right in my pocket here, just gimme a damn second..." he muttered angrily. Since it was the lieutenant's fashion to be overly aggressive, Kaito didn't mind saying not saying anything as he stared at the lieutenant blankly, all the while wishing that he could simply knock the commanding officer out and sprint towards his bed. After many moments of fighting with his pants leg, Jimbei finally pulled out two bells and held them triumphantly in the air, "If you can take both of these bells from me by the time the sun sets we will officially be done" he exclaimed with a cackle.

A pained expression threatened to overwhelm Kaito's face as he felt the disgust he felt towards the lieutenant growing although he refused to act upon such rash emotions since they would only serve to get him into trouble, "Fine...I'll finish the stupid game out..." Kaito grudgingly consented. It was Kaito's personality to take the path with least resistance since he was a naturally lazy person so since he knew that he was faster than Jimbei was he chose to compete so that he could end things quickly and then find a way to sneak home before any other interruptions came along. Jimbei pumped other fist in the air as he exclaimed, "Ready? Set...Go!" with a fervent attitude as he stared at Kaito apparently waiting for the latter to make his move first. Once Kaito realized that he couldn't simply wait until Jimbei made a mistake he pushed off his left leg and drove himself through the air towards Jimbei's direction with an outstretched left arm; although the effort was very lack luster Kaito suspected he could get one of the bells in his hand. Taking things way too serious once more, Jimbei leaped into the air and did a back flip onto a tree branch while dangling the bells at Kaito who was slowly getting more irritated by the entire situation.

Leaping up after Jimbei, Kaito kept a reserved approach to the entire scenario since he didn't want to waste unnecessary energy trying to catch up to the old man when he knew that in time Jimbei would run himself into some corner which is when he would take his chance. It seemed as if the game would never end as Jimbei continued to leap from branch to branch, always just able to avoid Kaito's reach whether it be by ducking, dodging, leaping, and even once the lieutenant kicked Kaito's hand away from the bell which was most likely against the rules, but Kaito didn't complain. Finally after what seemed like hours, Jimbei had a misstep and slipped off a tree branch which Kaito immediately reacted to by leaping from trunk to trunk all the way down to the ground. Jimbei landed on the ground in front of him and Kaito quickly snatched one of the bells as the lieutenant was adjusting himself to the shock of falling that hard on his back, "That's one old man...you should be careful...you're going to hurt yourself..." Kaito murmured the last part under his breath. With Kaito's words invigorating him somehow, the lieutenant scrambled up from the ground and took off running even deeper into the squad area than they had gone before.

Becoming fed up with playing childish games, Kaito flash stepped in front of the lieutenant who seemed to surprised that the boy used shunpo in such a case, but it didn't matter because Kaito wanted that second bell so that he could go home to take a well deserved rest. As he reached out to snatch away the bell, Jimbei sidestepped Kaito's hand, but Kaito quickly reacted by spinning back into the lieutenant which surprised the latter causing him to drop the bell onto the ground as he stumbled backwards. Kaito slowly reached down and picked up the second bell which afterwards he proceeded to dangle them in the air just so that he could get Jimbei's attention, "About time..." he told himself as he scratched his head with his palm. Jimbei simply sat on the cold ground with a blank, shock look as he stared at the root of the tree as if there were some hidden secret that only he could find within those plants, but Kaito didn't want to ask any questions now he just wanted to leave. Playfully juggling the bells in one hand, Kaito turned his back to the lieutenant and began to walk away slowly, but then stopped and playfully said over his shoulder, "The old must always pass the young their old tricks, right? Jimbei-san?" Kaito said with a sense of humor curling his lip.
Back to top Go down
Kuro

Kuro

Male
Number of Posts : 1117
Job/Interests : Plant worker/writing
Quote : Ah ah ah, can't touch me
Registration Date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:56 pm

+2 speed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dangerous Game Of Tag   A Dangerous Game Of Tag I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dangerous Game Of Tag
Page 1 of 1