The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shin Shikai

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male
Number of Posts : 207
Registration Date : 2012-07-29

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Shikai thread: https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t4133-make-new-friends-shin-semi-open

Relevant Post: (from page 2, near the bottom)

Even though he was attacking as fast as he possibly could, Kuro was dodging or parrying every single blow, while easily managing to launch his own attacks in between shin's strikes. Shin at this point realized that Kuro had merely been humoring him this while time, he could tell, Kuro could have easily ended this contest with those attacks, but was purposefully aiming of skimming hits as to not hurt Shin that badly, it was insulting, depressing, devastating even, he realized that there was no improvement since last time, almost no difference in their comparative power since Kuro had last pummeled Shin into the ground. His morale and purpose started to waver, and his strikes became a little weaker and a little slower as he the realization started to hit him.

At this time, Kuro stepped in and swung harder. It all seemed to happen in slow motion... their blades collided... Shin's shattered under the blow... The blade bit into his flesh... then a tremendous blow to the gut sent him flying.... tumbling across the ground before rolling to a stop face down in the dirt. Shin was not only hurting physically but mentally as well, why couldn't he win? why couldn't he improve? He had trained so hard... but he hadn't improved at all... He slowly stood up, as blood seeped through his clothes a bit, and looked forward at Kuro, who hadn't moved, and thought, Why are you so far away from me? Why can't I catch up to you?

"Do you wish for power?" Shin blinked, he was back in the castle, in the throne room with the dark entity before him again. He look forward at the entity, battered and bloody. The entity looked at him and said, "No strings attatched, just take my power, use it as you will." The creature raised it's hand and a giant weapon formed out of shadow materialized before it. It appeared to be a large double ended serrated sword, except that it had four sides instead of 2 on each end, more like a spear. Shin reached forward to grasp the weapon but it turned into shadow and flowed into his body. "Call me forth to do battle, Akumu, Devourer of Dreams."

Shin opened his eyes and realized he was back in the real world, he looked at Kuro and said, "Devour, Akumu." Shadows reached out from shin's hand and wrapped around his body and started forming a elongated shadow in his hand, soon it fully enveloped Shin and as the weapon the creature had extended to him finished forming the shadow covering shin retracted, leaving him standing there with the weapon in full shinigami robes. Shin looked down at the weapon in his hand, he knew how it worked, he didn't know how he knew, but he knew the properties of the weapon, it could extended and retract and he knew how to use it. He could feel the power flooding his body... He took a deep breath and charged Kuro again, spinning around and extending the weapon before him in a an attack, before retracting it at the end of the swing before it hit him and repeating it over again and again, as fast as he could, back and forth, all over the place, trying to land a single blow on the evasive Kuro.

Release Phrase: "Devour, Akumu"

Sealed Description: A short tanto, a 6 inch hilt with a 12 inch blade, double sided edge. All matte black

Unleashed Description: A 4 edged, double ended whip-sword. It is totally black and does not reflect light at all. (Made of solid Darkness)
Double ended, concept Design
Spoiler:
One side Concept Design
Spoiler:

It is an extremely heavy weapon, though shin doesn't know that.

It is able to be locked in Retracted or Extended state, its cap reach at extended state is 40 feet, however he does not need to extend it that far in extended form, he can lock it at any length.
The mechanics work very much like Renji's weapon if that helps you understand,
Also while in extended form it can be forcefully retracted, and the serrated edges will act almost like a chainsaw while retracting.

Last edited by Shin Kinsen on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 10:49 pm

Not a fan of the mid thread sudden level up and application, but DM and Kuro approved it, so guess it's approved. That aside don't think I agree to the length dependent upon SP. Being a whip is cool and all does it really need to stretch 50ft? By bankai you'll be at least 80ft+ of whip.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:28 am

The length dependant on SP thing was more inspired kinda by the references people made to renji's weapon, as the manga goes on and he gets stronger it gets longer and longer and has more sections. That's where the idea for that comes from, but if you really want it a fixed max length i can do that.

Shik mentioned length based on rank instead of SP, harder to exploit, so what about lsomething like that?
if not id be ok with like a fixed 40 feet max.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 12:58 am

If memory serves Renji's weapon had no set limit, but he could only extend it so many times before he had to retract it completely. I do recall his second fight with Ichigo where he noticed the max combo/attack he used with it. Still he's expert enough for it not to be a deal breaker. His weapon is in fact more of a whip than a sword. I'm thinking yours behaves similarly. He used it to bind himself and that one Arrancar together. And tried to use it against Aizen and it just bunched up as it was repelled. That aside rank 2 shikai is supposed to be just a weapon and form. The expanding length is more on key with a special power. A fixed length isn't so confining unless you plan to control it's path remotely or something.
Back to top Go down
Shin Kinsen

Shin Kinsen

Male

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 11:25 pm

i set it to a fixed length of 40 feet max, it should plenty to do what i want with it.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:10 am

Sounds okay unless anyone had objections

*pokes other mods to give 2 cents or forever hold peace.*
Back to top Go down
DarkMaster

DarkMaster

Male
Number of Posts : 863
Job/Interests : That's Officer DarkMaster to you, buddy.
Quote : I'm afraid of the dark.
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 8:48 am

seems fine to me
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2013 2:27 pm

I dub thee approved
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shin Shikai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shin Shikai   Shin Shikai I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shin Shikai
Page 1 of 1