The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Follow the Morrigan

Male
Number of Posts : 110
Job/Interests : Job: I have (technically) five jobs, and one paycheck. / Interests: Cardfight, Daughter, RPGs
Quote : No, she doesn't have a dirty diaper. She just farted.
Registration Date : 2011-11-26

Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) Empty
PostSubject: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:42 pm

Hollow Template

Name: Remington Gravelle, Stage 1 Hollow Moniker; Mantis or Burning Scythe bug

Age: 64, 21 years as a human, 43 as a Shinigami, 1 day as a Hollow.

Gender: Male, though in this state, gender can be questioned

Race: Canadian

Birthplace: Canada

Height: 5’11” as a human, 16’3” As a Hollow

Weight: 150 Lbs. as a human, 280 Lbs. as a Hollow

Appearance: Stage 1 Appearance:
Appearance:
This monstrous Mantis-Arachnid hybrid is a strange creature, featuring four scythe-ended legs attached to two thighs, and a dessicated humanoid torso, with two upper arms that split into two forearms ended with two long scything blades. Its head is wide and nearly flat, being triangular and with a raised portion in the shape of the kanji of Fire. The eyes of the creature are on the sides of the mask.

Typically, the creature keeps its front arms together to form one large blade, and strides around on its four long legs. It's scything blades are each 4' in length each, adding to its height and menace. The joints on its legs are rather limber too, giving it unrestrained limits on its movements and positions.

old:

Personality: With the mental battle lost, Ira and the Bean Sidhe won out over the Soul Reaper, and his mind was lost. The primal ID and Negative Super Ego began to assimilate the Ego, or at least, what parts they could of it. What remained of him, refused to yield, refused to accept that the ID and Super Ego had won out, and locked itself deep down. The primitive creature shows no interest in anything but its next meal, and with the Negative Super Ego to look over it, acts in its own survival and desire. It expresses no remorse, no regret, no eagerness to inflict harm, nor shy from a meal.

And only when He resurfaces from the mindlessness of it all and accepts his actions and his decisions, will he become truly ‘whole’ once again. Because even though he knows what his actions are, he refuses to realize that they are his own, and blames them upon this other ego he has created, not desiring to accept that he truly is as bloodthirsty as he really is. The worse his actions, the more he retreats. He cannot accept what is real, that he is a monster, has always been a monster, and will continue to be a monster. Everything he does, he does knowingly, but refuses to accept, blaming it on his uncontrolled ID, which is in fact himself, delighting in the release of his care for the world. And perhaps when he acknowledges his feelings, his emotions, and stops rationalizing the world, will he begin to grow as a person once again.

But for now, he acts on instinct, and hates himself for it so much that the world he sees has become so rooted in his own imagination that there is nothing that he can do. His success in slaying the wolf was the last link that held him to being a Soul Reaper. In order to regain his humanity, he must navigate his way through the inner world, reclaim his Positive Super Ego, and unite his fractured mind into one complete being. Until then, he is the beast, hungering for its next meal, and fierce for its survival.

Stats:
Spirit Power: 25
Speed: 20
Technique: 5
Fighting Skill: 10

Hollow Abilities

Techniques/Abilities:
Ability 1: Enduring Body – With a magma-like slime for blood, and a belly full of fire, he is somewhat durable to some several kinds of attacks, and has some interesting perks to himself. Firstly, the wounds he inflicts and is inflicted cauterize almost instantly. Fire and Ice attacks requier a higher degree to actually harm him, and environments of extreme temperatures are less effective at subduing him.

Ability 2: Rubber Bones – His bones are somewhat elastic, allowing for him to grow or shrink his appearance to either half of its size, or double its size. Depending upon how he adjusts his size, his speed and fighting skills are affected. The larger he makes himself, the slower he gets and the harder blows he throws, but if he shrinks himself, he moves faster, though his attacks are much weaker. At double his size, his speed is halfed, and his fighting skill increases by a quarter of its power, however, at half his size, his speed increases by a quarter of its power, and his fighting skill is halved.

*200% size would be, at this point, 10 Speed and 12.5 Fighting power (Rounded down to 12), but at 50% size he would have 25 Speed and 5 Fighting power. at sizes 75% and 150%, his speed and fighting skills are reduced by 25%, because of stress imposed between shifting states.

Ability 3: Breathe Heat – His breath, in a normal state, is a very hot vapour, and can be altered to spew flames, or lava (I'd say magma, but once it's out of him, it's technically lava). In the event that he chooses to spew lava at his foes, it only travels a short distance before hardening into a rocky substance.

* when health is lower than 25% of its maximum value, only the lava hocking can be used. at 50%, fire breathing is lost.

old:

History: Once, he was human, broken, fractured, and fiercely logical. The world could be categorized and ordered. Until his death by a random act; struck by lightning during a storm, he died, and was then sent to the Soul Society by Konso, and his superior vitality developed itself there, emerging as a Soul Reaper. There, he lived painfully aware that he was not able to fit in properly, and spent forty-three years as a student at the academy. His inability to work cohesively in this world was perhaps due to the loss of all he knew and understood. As much as he tried to rationalize this world, he found he couldn’t and slowly began to lose control of his ID. But to know more about this, one would have to push back further, to understand the beginning of his issues.

The history of his line is dark, as, despite how fantastical the story is, he was born to a cursed line. The exact details were unknown, but those born in his line, both before and after, were born with heavy, dark souls, and often turned into Hollows soon after death, if not the moments before. Some lucky few, managed to keep the darkness at bay during their lives, and even during their deaths, and avoided the problem altogether. And his soul was exceptionally dark, as he was never discovered as having the problems he had.

His childhood and much of his early life was miserable, contending with the terrors of his own form of the curse, a Bean Sidhe, as he thought of it, an omen of ill fortune who plagued him to the ends. Incapable of understanding what was going on, when he succumbed to his urges, he blamed a self-created persona, which he identified as Ira, who was in fact his ID. To balance the need of his urges, he then fabricated a girl, Afe, to counter his desires. He labelled them as souls within himself, refusing to accept that either was in fact himself. He came to give up any decision in life, instead depending upon Afe’s judgement, or the judgement of others. Ira was the devil on his shoulder, and Afe the angel. But many a time, he felt that Afe was as much the devil as Ira was. But he didn’t understand that the demon who plagued him, was the one that manipulated either, and was as much a Super Ego as Afe was.

But again, he eventually died, and became a problem, he was sent to the Soul Society, and developed a Zanpakto Spirit within himself, that manifested as the innate powers of the Curse, and the will of Afe. Though he had been given a great gift to change himself, he could not handle the new pressures thrust upon himself and gradually began to erode away. He rebelled, and became a hated person, eventually killing one Soul Reaper by accident, then being locked away in the Maggot’s Nest. Maggot’s Nest was perhaps the turning point. He snapped and lost his mind, devolving into a primitive beast where he killed fellow prisoners and even a few guards, then afterwards created a riot and was mortally wounded in the fights that ensued. Having finally reached the last point in his own mental world, he discovered the source of his Shinigami powers, and rather than accept it and return to sanity he killed it and became a Hollow.

At one point, all he desired, was to become a Soul Reaper so that he could return to the world of the living and visit his wife. Now, however, he has no desire to seek out his family and reunite with them. Now he hungers…for the souls of everyone.

Role Playing Sample:

(Please note that this is to replace the character "Remington Gravelle" on this account.)

Last edited by Follow the Morrigan on Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:05 pm; edited 12 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed Image)
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 1:40 am

While I applaud your attention to detail, it's abit perplexing the method you use to describe the creature in question. The mantis I envisioned at the first

Spoiler:

Quickly pinwheeled into something so un-mantis like. Scythe like blades, hands, toes, bisecting, separating, etc. Overly complex I'd say. Harder for others to envision which might prove a problem for later.

As for the powers pretty much he's hot/scalding to the touch. Hot like a pot out of the oven or fresh off the fire. That being said you'll be resistant to heat not full on immunities as stated. DM and Junk sport their hearty fire resistances since they full on fire/flame wielders. If you can't survive the frigid environment cold does have an effect on ya, just takes more cold than normal. They're the same way :p. Stretching thing is possible, but being large already seems almost moot. Your call.
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male
Job/Interests : Job: I have (technically) five jobs, and one paycheck. / Interests: Cardfight, Daughter, RPGs

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 am

There, got my arse in gear, found my SD card, uploaded pics from sketchbook. It's kind of rough, but it's an appearance of him. I like the one you put up though, might take that as an adjuchas for later.

As for Stretching, I'd like to keep that, it'll come in handy for later. And being large doesn't mean I'm not large enough.

Still not sure about the third ability. Firebreathing seems so overrated, but it's what I've been thinking of ATM, either that or frost breath, which seems really strange considering his body temperature, though it could be a fire/ice sort of thing, breathing flames so hot they're cold.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

Looks good, BUT........

Quote :
Ability 2: Rubber Bones – His bones are somewhat elastic, allowing for him to grow or shrink his appearance to either half of its size, or double its size. Depending upon how he adjusts his size, his speed is affected. The larger he makes himself, the slower he gets, to the point where he is only able to move at half of his speed. If he shrinks himself, the same applies. This is due to the stress put upon his body in both cases.

That last part. So if he shrinks he gains twice his speed or he gets the same half speed cut?
Back to top Go down
Follow the Morrigan

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 9:58 pm

Minor Adjustments made. Hope that fixes some of the problems?

And I'll be putting status updates when in combat, during RPs with him.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:52 am

Approved

CURRENT RANK: 0
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)   Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remington Gravelle 2.6 (The new Hollow)
Page 1 of 1