The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark eye

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amaya

Amaya

Male
Number of Posts : 154
Job/Interests : Toturing innocent souls
Quote : Butterflies!
Registration Date : 2010-07-13

Dark eye Empty
PostSubject: Dark eye   Dark eye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 4:38 pm

Character's name: Amaya

Name of invention: Dark eye

Invention type: An eye, mostly utility

Description of invention: The invention is a cybernetic eye, that is before mentioned is said characters background, now I was going to wait with the whole idea of throwing it up here until it was repaired in rp, but as that will take some time from due to unforeseen circumstances, I will throw up the basis here and a small thread behind its creation, and later throw up a reparation and upgrade thread.

Invention's effect: Now the effect of the eye is diverse, but first and foremost it is a scouter, it will enable Amaya to read how much spiritual energy her opponent have.
Also it will read the spiritual signature allowing her to know each reading from another, and associate each reading with a person.
Implanting a more advanced chip into the eye she is able to record everything her eye sees if she wish, as it is activated by thoughts.
Additionally the eye is able to make a wireless connection to other devices if she wants to, making her able to upload and download video feed and data, much like a USB drive.
This is all the standard stuff it has, what follows now will be after the repair and upgrade that has yet to happen.
The eye has a combat setting that can only be activated for a limited time, during that time, the eye examines the opponents slightest body movement, so she can to some extent foresee her opponents next move, giving her an advantage in a fight.
She is still not entirely accustomed to the eyes combat function yet, and therefore cannot keep up the combat setting for extended times.

In game terms that would be a 5+ fighting skill with a 2 post duration and 3 post cool down until upgrades are made

Link: Pending https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t3607-amaya-lee-superhuman From her background, the eye is mentioned

https://thebleachworld.darkbb.com/t3762-history-of-an-eye-invention#28132

Last edited by Amaya on Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Dark eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark eye   Dark eye I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Scouter: Check. Being able to detect powerlevels via the eye and tracking them

Recording and playback - Check. A novel tool to have so she would litterally be able to remember things and what not.

Bonus to Speed and Fighting skill - Uncertain. You bring up the obvious flaw the invention has; it only an optical device. Even if you see something clearly it doesn't mean your processing and reactions are equally as enhanced. Saying it grants advanced brain functions counters that point. That being said I agree that keeping an eye on the opponent might grant you some insight into what they may do. Keeping your eye on the ball in baseball is a good example. At the same I can't see it granting any bonus to physical prowess or skill.

Alternatives:

• +5 to Fighting only. I only suggest this since you have a skill that gives you +5 speed already. Instead of stimulating your reaction it stimulates cells to increase your skill.

• -5 Spirit with +5 Fighting. 0 cooldown. In this case the power used to enhance your blows is taken directly from your Spirtual power. It's not much, but you Spirit being 7 quite a trade off.

• +5 Spirit. For some reason the mechanical eye reminds of that purple girl from the recent Street Fighter game. She's pretty awesome with that wicked eye.

• My last suggestion is that the pointss granted be constant. Unfortunately I'd only agree to a 2 point permanent bonus to either or both skills.
Back to top Go down
Amaya

Amaya

Male

Dark eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark eye   Dark eye I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 6:14 am

alright I made the edit, changed the description as well.

And yes that girl from street fighter was partly where I got the idea from, hey I might decide later to make the eye more epic to light up in the same way as hers does xD
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Dark eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark eye   Dark eye I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2012 1:07 pm

No worries, but take thought in the fact it can be upgraded further. Or you can create something that compliments/supplements it's power. As a first time invention it's fine otherwise.
Back to top Go down
Amaya

Amaya

Male

Dark eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark eye   Dark eye I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 6:17 pm

Okay made the thread to accompany the invention, and as well moved the chip to the other side of the repair list, so it is there already, as for character reasons.
and added a wireless connection possibility to eye, for transfer of information, was part of the initial idea, but forgot to add it when I first made it.
That is it however
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark eye   Dark eye I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark eye
Page 1 of 1