The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Remnants of vengeance (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 7:51 pm

The rushing shinigami watched as the 3 orbs missed the creature's head. The metallic hollow released a burst of energy to intercept the kido before it had a chance reach him. Electricity arched forward and struck down one of the trio of shining shots. The remainder of the triple bolts detonated into the area blow the neck. It was true he was quite angry, but even then he wasn't completely devoid of thought. He knew from the start his attack on the head would fail instead it was his own method of making a diversion of his real attack. He vanished in an instant as his shunpo closed the distance between him and the metal beast. While he had vanished the orbiting kido had remained as hollow's tail took it's swing at him. The shinigami reappeared at the base of the hollow's body. Being so much like a snake it had part of it's body on the ground while it reared it's head or attacked with it's tail. The man attacked this portion of the body, while it was the most stable part of the monster by far. It also would be the most difficult to defend. Positioned directly below the hollow's head he lifted his blade and slashed at the exposed body.

Far away

Arawn was already breathing heavily from repeated shunpo. He wished the group hadn't been so far away, but it was probably the reason they had been targeted. He had kept his phone open, but there was no chatter. It would seem no one had come to their aid yet. The silence was deafening. Not hearing anything only made him think the worst possible situations; they were all dead.

Last edited by Arawn on Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male
Number of Posts : 203
Job/Interests : Stuff
Quote : "What a mouse gotta do... A mouse gotta do...."
Registration Date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 8:05 pm

While it at first had seemed like everything was going according to plan, things as they usually do, spiraled into a far less favorable situation for the metal serpent. Once more the unnatural speed of the shinigami made itself apparent as he closed the distance far quicker then N.I.U.S could have anticipated and ended up with his blade sinking into it's most open region, slamming the sword into the plates and bending them into it's more fragile interior, tearing apart pieces of the circuitry inside. While its attack had failed, a new plan formed to take advantage of the new position of its very annoying attacker.

Acting quickly on its new plan, knowing that it had a very limited window to pull its move through, the snake quickly bent its tail and neck inwards, hoping to trap the reaper in what would be quite the metal coffin located between its plates. To try and up its chances of success the robotic reptile also utilized another weapon from its arsenal, unleashing a current of electricity from its middle section, going by the assumption that the blade would lead the charge into its wielder.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:11 pm

As carefully plotted as his course of action was, there were bound to be unseen variables. He had seen the creature use the electricity and figured it was it's main means of attack. What he hadn't counted on was it being able to focus said energy through it's whole body. It was a machine in appearance, so he had guessed such an attack might not be capable of such a technique. It was a bad time to be proven wrong, especially when he was using a sword on it's metallic hide. His weapon was a perfect conductor of the burst of electricity the hollow creature now released. As the current raced through the blade into his body his hands locked onto the weapon preventing him from releasing it. The rest of his muscles similarly locked due to the energy scrambling the natural electric signals of his body. He screamed as the power burned his flesh and nerves were fried. In desperation he raised his spiritual power to combat the opponent's onslaught. This managed to ease the pain somewhat, but the damage to his body already done. Being so focused in the struggle he didn't notice the hollow was shifting it's body to grab at him. The creature's body moved it's long scaly form to entrap him, too late he noticed the movement. With a final shout of desperation he released all the reiryoku possible and released his hand from his zanpukto and shunpo'd backwards. The shinigami barely managed to escape the coiling serpent as he stood looking at the metal tangle where he had left his weapon he grunted. His uniform was in shambles, there were holes where the electricity had burned through while the rest of the black garb was still smoking. Through each of those holes one could see the many burns he had suffered for underestimating the hollow. He raised his hands and looked at his burned palms. All of the skin that had held the sword directly was damaged, there was no way he could handle his sword even if he could retrieve it. Even encased in his reiatsu he felt the pain from the hollow's attack, at this rate he wouldn't last much longer.

Not far from the battle

Arawn had gotten a second wind of sorts and pushed himself to shunpo faster. He was nearly holding his breath from the forced effort. Seconds later he came into view behind the metal snake hollow he had met long ago. A few hundred feet and he would be within striking distance. Not far from the hollow he could see a figure of what could only be one of the shinigami he had contacted earlier. Although weakened from the rapid flash steps he thought it best to try a strike from afar hopefully before it had a chance to react. Letting his reiatsu flare, he quickly recited his spell.
"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws. Hado #33: Sōkatsui!" Arawn's open hand pointed at the monster before him as the blue blaze errupted forth and closed the distance between him and the target. The shinigami standing in front of the hollow threw himself sideways out of the way as the energy came rushing up behind the monster snake.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 12:00 pm

So close, but at the very last moment the slippery little reaper was able to avoid the literal tomb of metal that was trying to close upon him, but the effects of his failed offensive was still clear and it would not be long before N.I.U.S would be able to grind his flesh and crush his bones between its mechanical jaws. Or so it thought before yet another interruption made itself apparent, this time however being one that N.I.U.S wasn't entirely unfamiliar with. It could instantly detect the familiar flaring reiatsu coming up from behind it but with its body coiled as it was, it would be very difficult for it to avoid the incoming attack but it certainly would not keep it from trying.

Quickly moving to try and uncoil itself once more it became clear to it almost immediately that it would not be able to avoid the shinigami spell on its rapid approach and so started to simply brace itself for the impact, focusing its energy as the blue fireball smashed into its shell, hurling it crashing past the shinigami that it such a short while ago had at the throat. Rising from the small crater that had formed on its impact, N.I.U.S turned to face its attacker besides the large gash in its chassi smoldering from the red hot metal around the damaged area. "I believe this is not the first time we encounter each other, shinigami." For the moment it did nothing, with its current condition in mind it had to act with caution and so it stood ready for anything the shinigami might unleash its way.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 10:14 pm

The azure energy struck the hollow and swept the creature forward like a twig in a rapid river stream. The wounded shinimgami rose coughing on the dust and dirt that littered the area. As he got up he looked at the deep gouge in the land the other shinigami's kido had caused.
"I'm glad he held nothing back on that bastard, but I almost got caught in it." he grunted as he stared at the smoking crater the hollow now rested. "No way it survived that blast." As he watched and waited for the smoke dissipate, the pain of his previous failed attack reminded him that this was no time for him to be standing around. Focusing completely he managed to take one step and then another. Being close so close to it disgusted him. He needed to put as much distance between himself and the monster. Little by little he moved further away from the wrecked land. As he was looking for a safe place to hide he noticed his fallen squadmate laying on the ground. Ever so slowly he moved to his comrade's side. His trip was cut short as he heard the monster's inhuman voice call out to his recent attacker.

Arawn stood as still as a statue after the cobalt surge had died down. With such a wide angle spell it had unlikely that he would miss such a big target. At least that's what he hopped. With the light gone he could see that the hollow was not where it was a moment ago. That was a good sign. Before he could give a sigh of relief the creature spoke. It would seem that he was successful and yet failed at the same time. A full incantation spell had hit the beast, why wasn't it dead!? Arawn was already breathing hard from the excessive use shunpo and then then the sudden kido. It was the worst case scenario; he was low on energy and the surprise attack hadn't finished the hollow. There was time to plan before coming, but Arawn hadn't been wise enough to think that far ahead. Now he had only so many cards left to play. Slowly Arawn lowered his out stretched hand to the hilt of his zanpukto.
"Yes, we have met before. This time I think you won't get away so easily." He snorted as he pulled the weapon free from it's sheath. "I don't know how, but I figured you had a hand in this." Arawn gestured at the ruined landscape; the aftermath of the robot's rampage. "How did you do it? Why did you do it?"
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 4:02 pm

It stretched itself out further as it allowed the man to finish speaking, making a single swing of its head to tear off one of its four jaws that had come loose from its head by the impact into the ground, showing clearly that although it was alive it certainly was not unscathed from the magical ambush. N.I.U.S could clearly tell that the shinigami too was tired however, but the actual damage done to the serpent already made it unlikely that it would be able to survive an extended battle with him, if something were to be done it would have to be done fast and this temporary distraction that was their conversation would have to be done while fighting, an advantage that it imagined it perhaps could create over its opponent, distract him with information to keep his mind only partially on the fight.

Quickly beginning to move once again, the machine slithered towards the tired reaper with its ever present unrelenting lack of emotion, a quiet charge interrupted only the sound of gravel and sand entering its body through the tears in its armour as it bounces around against the metal and the monotonous sound of its synthetic voice as it once again spoke. "How and why? Both excellent questions, although the latter is simpler to explain. I did it because I wanted to test my limits, I've found its the best way to advance with calculated risks. How is a different matter entirely however but perhaps I will explain it to you."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 1:00 am

"Keep talking you arrogant bastard" Arawn said to himself. "My reinforcements should be on the way here. If I can hold him long enough we can finish him off." Holding him here would indeed the crux of plan. Another big spell was impossible, he rather devote the remainder of his energy reserves to defense. Rapid shunpo wouldn't be advisable, he'd have to make every bit of power count. His eyes glanced to his weapon; Huang Long! If he could borrow his weapon's power he might actually have some advantage.
"Drift, Huang Long." he spoke aloud as the monster started to advance. With a flick of his wrist the zanpukto flipped over in his hand and changed shape. In less than a second the silver blade was replaced by a golden kurkri. "Huang Long, can you hear me?" Arawn tried to speak to his weapon. He didn't have time to enter the inner world and confront the spirit beast. The had talked before without such a condition before, he hoped to do the same thing now. "Huang Long! Wake up!" The mental shout was filled with desperation, but it was indeed a desperate situation. There was no response. It would seem the fight would come down to physical strength and prowess. While confident in his skills Arawn doubted he could over the power the beast. He quickly racked his brain to remember what he could of their first battle. Only thing he could remember was the creature used electricity. He held the weapon in front of himself and waited. He couldn't afford to make the first move. His best chance was to counter the creature if not evade him completely. Arawn tucked his sheath against his left arm ready to defend.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 7:19 pm

Once again seeing that blade made it tempting for N.I.U.S to simply stop its charge and back away, the memory still in its latest archives of what its last encounter with it had done but there was no time to display weakness now, it had to act. Recounting the events of their first encounter it remembered that its effects were applied on contact and so it was paramount that it avoided that blade, even more so then when it only risked having its shell pierced. Coming up with a tactic while in the middle of a charge would have been an easy task, had its original programming actually been designed with combat in mind but sadly it was never estimated that a massive and very immobile computer would ever end up in a situation where it would require high end combat simulations and so it would have to make do with what it had learned so far.

Quickly acting on the move N.I.U.S made a swift turn on its approach towards the shinigami, hoping to keep his attention centered on its head as it used its tail to sweep up gravel and rocks and lunge it towards the reaper, hoping that the barrage would be enough to distract him as it came in from the side, not head on as that would leave it open for attacks against its most vital point but rather using its entire "torso" as a swung mace as it came in for the strike.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 11:58 pm

Fast. It was hard to believe something so big could move so quickly. And yet the large metal beast was more than capable. Arawn barely noticed the flick of the tail and raised his weapon up to guard the possible attack. He didn't know it was only a feint, but hew braced himself for an impact that never came. Instead of being a large strike with it's tail it was shower of rocks and debris that hit him and the gold weapon. Raising his left arm slighting he tried cover himself. He turned his head as the spray of earth came at him. Even with his glasses on he still flinched from something getting in his eyes. This proved to be a mistake as the real attack came at him with full force. His only saving grace was that he had been ready for an attack already. Still it didn't do much than reduce the shock of the massive metal body hitting him dead on. The strike sent him end over end through the air like a rag doll. In his weakened state it took some focus to end the tumble. Arawn's feet skidded on the empty air and he came to a complete stop. His left are hung limp at his side, he had reduced the damage at a price. Painfully he clenched his left fist. The sheath probably on the ground somewhere, but he didn't have any time to look. If he was in better condition such an attack might have been better avoided. If I can't defend, I have no choice but attack. He kicked off the ground and moved forward. Suddenly he shunpo he stood on the ground before the beast. There was no point trying to draw out the fight, he had to go all out if possible. Arawn aimed his blade horizontal and focused.
Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong his reiryoku flared as his body spun like a top and rose into the air. He became like a hurricane dirt and rocks were swept up by the sudden burst of wind and spiritual pressure. But such a technique wouldn't be enough to harm the hollow that's where his blade came in. Utilizing the fast spin he hoped to cut the machine's hide to shreds.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2012 11:54 am

Such a flawless execution had brought with it the perfect results, or so it had first anticipated but the shinigami once again proved his resilience and the strength of his kind, making it clear to N.I.U.S once and for all how much of an issue they would likely prove to be in its future as well. Seeing the shinigami able to stand on thin air was a surprise even to a machine, because although it had learned to realize that many of the limitations of the physical world was gone, its basic foundation of logic was still constantly being challenged by new realities. That last attempt had already been final plan for quickly ending this fight, there was a certain level of worry over whether or not it truly had enough power left to finish this fight in its own favour and that a retreat was a very desirable outcome at this point.

Before it could take action to begin its escape however the shinigami sprung forward, flashing into nothing and then reappearing again and at that moment becoming a blur of movement, hard for even the robots high speed optical receptors to catch and then the blade sunk in, tearing through its shell again and again, leaving N.I.U.S almost bifurcated as most of the metal around the area that had been cut had been absolutely destroyed. There was no other option now, quickly trying to slam the shinigami off of its body, the metal serpent rushed away in the hope that its opponent was too drained to pursue as there was no energy left for it to continue fighting, especially not in the state it was currently in.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 10:21 pm

By the time Arawn realized he was no longer hitting anything with his spinning attack, the hollow had departed. It was an awkward flaw of his attack; moving so fast his eyes couldn't follow. He had to rely on his senses to make sure the target was still in range. Unfortunately his concentration in the technique made the dual processing nearly impossible. A moment later Arawn stopped spinning and skidded to stand on the air looking at the empty battlefield. Once again he had managed to damage the strange hollow, but once again it had managed to elude him. When failed to destroy the monster the first time, a city got decimated by the strange tank. He couldn't let the guilt of it weigh so heavily on himself, but it was hard not to. What other manner of evils would the creature commit next time. Arawn could only wonder, and hope it could be stopped before it was too late. Slowly he lowered himself to the ground and moved towards the other injured shinigami. He thought about pursuing the hollow, but there was a possibility of it coming back to attack the wounded. With any luck the reinforcements would catch the monster as it tried to escape the area. If not then maybe the shinigami that had put up a perimeter around the city might put an end to the hollow. With a sigh Arawn sat down on a bit of ruble and waited for back up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remnants of vengeance (Open)   Remnants of vengeance (Open) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remnants of vengeance (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next