The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Learning to Fear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Himawari

Himawari

Female
Number of Posts : 421
Quote : Trying and Doing are two different things. Just do it.
Registration Date : 2009-06-04

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 5:55 pm

Himawari opened her eyes to the open sky again, “Oh no.” She looked about her, and sighed with relief. Hagane was nowhere in sight; she did not need that tiny bird chirping down her ear. She sighed happily, turning around to gaze at the gorgeous sky around her.

“Hello!” Hagane exclaimed, suddenly appearing in Himawari’s face. Himawari screamed and leapt backwards, completely shocked by the sudden appearance of the spirit of her Zanpakutō.

“So you’re back,” Hagane exclaimed, darting about with excitement, “Which means you’re ready for more training.”
“There’s more?” Himawari asked exasperatedly. Hagane flew up and pecked her hard on the head.

“Of course there’s more!” Hagane shot back, “What? Did you think that you and I just produced two tiny little blades from a pair of pretty looking gloves?? There is so much more to us than that. Just you wait until we hit Bankai! That’s where the real fun begins.” Hagane looked at Himawari, “But we have to take it one step at a time, and you have a lot to learn. Walk with me.”

Himawari took one look at the never-ending sky beneath her, and then at the fluttering bird before her, “You don’t walk anywhere.” Hagane proceeded to peck Himawari on the head again, this time far more harshly.

“Don’t get technical with me missy,” the bird scolded her, “Come on.” The bird flew off, and Himawari had to run to catch up with her. They walked together for a while.

“So who’s this Ryouta?” Hagane asked. Himawari immediately stumbled, over what she would never know, but caught herself before she toppled over completely.

“He’s a guy I met in the Academy,” Himawari replied, “I’ve sparred with him once, and drank with him a couple of times. He’s cool.”

“You’ve not met someone you actually respect in a while,” Hagane spoke, choosing her words carefully. Himawari grinned.

“You mean I haven’t met someone who can beat me in a fair fight for quite a while,” she exclaimed, the smile playing on her lips.

“Isn’t that the same thing in your eyes?” Hagane retorted. Himawari thought for a moment.

“I guess you’re kind of right,” she replied, “Why are you asking about him?” Hagane did what Himawari was almost certain was a shrug.

“I just know he’s been on your mind lately,” she replied.

“He graduated, and left me behind. I just want to catch up to him, that’s all,” Himawari told her, “But what exactly does Ayame Ryouta have to do with the next stage of my training?” The bird chuckled.

“Everything,” she replied, flying further ahead of Himawari. She hovered before her, before slowly morphing into Ayame Ryouta. Himawari jumped back in surprise.

“Ok, how’d you do that?” she asked. Hagane/Ryouta rolled their eyes at her.

“That’s not important,” they told her (she even sounded like him!), “What’s important is what you’re going to do next.” Ryouta’s swords appeared in his hand and Himawari’s own shikai appeared on her arms.

“What are you-“ Himawari began, but before she could even finish her sentence, Hagane/Ryouta leapt forward at her, bringing their blade down towards her head. Himawari instinctively raised her arms to defend herself. The blows rained down on her, forcing Himawari back, her arms raised to block every attack. Hagane must have been really paying attention during that spar with Ryouta, because she had his moves down to the letter. But she used them in a far more aggressive manner than Ryouta, a manner that actually brought a flicker of fear to Himawari’s heart. The understanding that this man might actually be strong enough to kill her was not a thought Himawari was comfortable with. It brought a strange form of anger to her heart.

Who was Ayame Ryouta to make her actually fear someone? Himawari never feared people; it wasn’t in her nature. And Ryouta was a friend, nakama. He should be a person she feared least of all. It wasn’t fair. Her anger began to course out of her, sending her on to the offensive. She began to deal punch after punch, forcing Hagane/Ryouta onto the defensive. She pushed him backwards, jumping up and flinging a kick to his head. He was sent rolling, but in turn got back on his feet, racing towards her, blades raised.

“Tertiary Feathers!” Himawari exclaimed, the blades extracting from her gauntlets. Their blades clashed, sending sparks out in all directions. Himawari forced herself forward, catching his wrist forcing him to drop one of his swords. It vanished into thin air, but the other one kept coming. Himawari blocked well, her rage rising. She stabbed downwards, her blade gashing him on the hand. Hagane/Ryouta dropped the blade instinctively. Himawari kicked him backwards, him landing on his back. She leapt upwards, ready to stab him straight in the heart.

But images flashed through her head; their spar from before, their sessions in the White Pig. Her blades withdrew, and she landed, her feet on either side of him. She looked away, unable to look him in the eye.
“Finish it!” they shouted at her. Himawari shook her head, her eyes screwed shut.

“I can’t!” she replied.

“What? Are you scared?” they taunted her.

“Yes,” Himawari whispered. Hagane/Ryouta’s eyes widened.

“What did you say?” they asked her slowly. She turned and looked at them, tears in her eyes.

“I’m scared of killing you,” Himawari repeated stepping backwards away from them, “I don’t make friends well. At least not since I came here. And you’re one of a very few people who have been nice to me without me scaring them into it. And even though you’ve attacked me here, I couldn’t kill you. No matter how angry you make me.” She laughed, “Which is pretty angry sometimes. Especially when I realise how much more powerful than me you are.” She laughed again, “That really kills me you know. Even admitting it hurts a little.” She collapsed down onto her knees, her legs giving way beneath her.

“You’re the first person I think I’ve ever been scared of,” she admitted. Hagane/Ryouta got up, and shifted back into Hagane. She fluttered over, landing on Himawari’s shoulders, gently brushing one of Himawari’s tears away with her wing. Himawari recoiled at the sensation; it had never occurred to her that even the feathers on Hagane’s body might be made of metal as well. It was a cool touch, but it was comforting in its own way. Himawari leant into it, enjoying the comfort.

“I know that you are proud,” Hagane told her, “But there is no shame in admitting that someone is stronger than you, or that you’re afraid. But allowing your rage to control you can only end in destruction. If you plan to wield me, then I request that you keep compassion and mercy in mind. And acknowledge your fears, they can really only make you stronger.” Himawari looked up at her.

“And besides, I really doubt he’d ever attack you the way I just did,” Hagane laughed, “Now, let me show you the Secondary Feathers.”

Last edited by Himawari on Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:06 pm

So Secondary Feathers doubles Hamawari's strength?
Also i'd like to see the training given to you by Hagane for Secondary Feathers. Basicly gimmie another awesome post Wink
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 6:07 pm

((Natural strength, as in Himawari's physical strength that has not enhanced by shikai or bankai or anything like that. It can be overpowered by opponents that are over twice as strong as her, or by people who have been enhanced by their own abilities. And ok Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:53 am

Himawari stood up, Hagane fluttering off her shoulder, only to hover before her, “A bird’s wings have three basic typed of feathers: primary, secondary and tertiary. Tertiary are the smallest, Secondary are bigger and Primary are the largest, and the ones most vital for flight. We go through the same stages, for exactly the same reason. “ She flew back to her, tapping her Zanpakutō rapidly with her beak.

“Getting bigger as we go, as we prepare to fly,” Hagane chirped, “It’s lucky for you we don’t have any really complicated techniques. Listening to you trying to remember a complicated Kidou sequence gives me a headache.” Hagane let out what sounded like a chuckle. Himawari glared at her.

“I’m getting better you know!” Himawari exclaimed, a little offended by her own Zanpakutō having such little faith in her. Hagane scoffed.

“Whatever you say,” she told her, “Ok, let’s get started. Hold your arms out.” Himawari did as she was told, holding both arms, gauntlets and all out before her.

“You know how to use the Tertiary Feathers, and its ability to increase your physical strength,” Hagane explained to her, “The Secondary Feathers work in exactly the same way. But it is increased in size and strength. If you used it properly, you should be able to effectively double your physical strength, but only if you use it properly. Careless actions will not provide the proper reiatsu, and the strength will be far less than you might require it.”

“Ok, let’s try it!” Hagane twittered, “Summon the Tertiary Feathers.” Himawari looked at her arms, a smile on her face.

“Tertiary Feathers!” Himawari shouted, and a blade extracted from each of her gauntlets, each as long as her forearm.

“Good,” Hagane exclaimed, visibly pleased, “Now Secondary Feathers works in exactly the same way. Go on, try it.” Himawari swallowed hard, as she held her arms out one more time.

“Secondary Feathers!” she shouted, and the blades immediately began to glow. The two blades immediately grew longer, from the length of her forearm to the length of her whole arm. Himawari held both her arms up, admiring the beauty of her weapons in the light.
“Can I only summon them after Tertiary Feathers?” Himawari asked.

“No,” Hagane replied. “You can summon them straight off the mark. Though I do have to warn you,” she twittered, a look of concern on the tiny bird’s face, “You’ve only been able to summon your shikai for a short time. And summoning each blade requires reiatsu. To summon Secondary Feathers without Tertiary first can be physically draining. I wouldn’t recommend it.”

Himawari smiled, “I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you Hagane.”

Ability 2
: Secondary Feathers: The blade of her previous ability increases in length, to the length of Himawari’s whole arm. The steel of the Zanpakutō increases in strength further, allowing Himawari to block and even break blades that are being wielded by someone who has twice as much natural physical strength as Himawari. This ability can be called out without calling out Tertiary Feathers first, but this requires far more energy, and signs of tiredness may become visible on Himawari’s face.

((Better?)) {Edit}

Last edited by Himawari on Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Editing abilty)
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:13 am

The post is fine Mrs, however your ability description...is a bit confusing and rather contradictory.

"The steel of the Zanpakutō increases in strength further, allowing Himawari to block and even break blades that are being wielded by someone who has twice as much natural physical strength as Himawari. The density of the steel increases, not Himawari’s physical strength. This means that this ability can be used to defend Himawari from stronger opponents." <<<This part specificly.
Back to top Go down
Himawari

Himawari

Female

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:16 am

((Ok, I've editted it, is that any better? I am really sorry, I sometimes struggle to put what I mean down into words. lol))
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 8:46 am

Aye Mrs thats perfect, and i know EXACTLY how you feel. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Learning to Fear Empty
PostSubject: Re: Learning to Fear   Learning to Fear I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Learning to Fear
Page 1 of 1