The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Stratus

Stratus

Male
Number of Posts : 519
Job/Interests : Bikini inspector
Quote : Is this thing on?
Registration Date : 2010-07-18

Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) Empty
PostSubject: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 7:41 pm

The week was a blur, Moldale visited group after group of hollows with Stratus in tow. Moldale was well known by many they met. Some were respectful other met them with disdain, and yet none attacked them. He wondered why the other hollow asked for him to accompany him on these visit. Frankly there wasn't much for him to do, it was almost if Moldale was showing off his popularity. Stratus sighed, this was getting quite boring. On the end of the ninth day they returned to their headquarters; the caverns below the white sands. It was time to rest, a well deserved one Stratus felt.
"So what good was all that running around?" he said at length. His patience at an end. Using his senses he could not detect Rei/Roun. Where was that lizard? Why didn't he go with Moldale instead?
"That shinigami wanted us to rally supporters, what's what we did." the other hollow responded calmly. "We've gathered a sizable force."
Stratus groaned, he didn't like this at all. Why were those arrancar so keen on helping this man? Did they fear him? If not why didn't they just dispose of the nuisance? "Get some sleep, we meet up with that bloke in the morning." Moldale said as he exited the main chamber.

The tenth day

They set out down the winding tunnels to their destination. Moldale didn't say much and Stratus didn't have a thing to say. He radiated hostility, he wanted nothing more than to cut the shinigami on site, but after leaving Las Noches he knew that the man's power was on a scale above his. That's probably what made it all the more aggravating. It was several moments later that hey reached the cavern they had first met the half hollow shinigami. The area was empty, Moldale had half expected to find the shinigami sitting there waiting on them. Stratus had hopped the opposite, and was happy to find no one there. As they sat and waited he wished he had been there. Sitting around and doing nothing wasn't something he enjoyed. Moldale simply closed his eyes and sat down waiting for their visitor.
"I did say 10 days, but don't recall what time it was." he muttered. "No like there's a clock in these parts."
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male
Number of Posts : 968
Job/Interests : Literature
Quote : Scientia est Potestas
Registration Date : 2009-05-30

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 10:54 pm

Ryouta was sitting in his secret lab in a rare moment of having absolutely nothing to do, with nothing to pique his interest. He drummed his fingers aimlessly against his armrest before slumping down in his chair, heaving an expansive sigh as he did so. Plotting a coup d'etat was actually quite strenuous, but it did provide him with entertainment.

"Captain?" his computer asked him.

"Yes?" Ryouta responded lazily.

"You instructed me to remind you that you have an appointment today. Around now."

"..." Ryouta thought hard about what such an appointment might be - and then remembered his stint in the Menos Forest. Of course. How could he have forgotten? His last visit had provided him with a battalion of reliable soldiers to be used at his discretion.

Ryouta got up suddenly, and pulled his Hollow mask down, opening a Garganta as he did so. Stepping through, he found the knowledgeable Hollow and the less than friendly Hollow already there. "I apologize for my tardiness. It couldn't be avoided," Ryouta lied. "So...what news?"
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male
Number of Posts : 203
Job/Interests : Stuff
Quote : "What a mouse gotta do... A mouse gotta do...."
Registration Date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:16 am

(( I have asked in advance to be allowed in here ))

It was late, how had that happened? It had made sure when the date was set to remind it of when the meeting was to happen. It was pointless to continue considering how it had happened however, for the moment it was more important to make up for lost time and get there as soon as it was able. Dodging the trees and hollow of the forest had quite quickly become an easy task once all the variables were accounted for and able to be efficiently utilized and it did not take long for the machine to reach the meeting site, this time however unlike the shiny chrome surface of last time the creature was now covered in a thick layer of muck and grime, leaving only the red eyes clean.

It arrived only moments after their shinigami accomplice and for some reason it approved of the fact that it was not alone to be late, inexplicable."Apologies for the delay. I was held up by other matters." After the shinigami then asked for news, N.I.U.S merely looked over to the other two hollow, seeing whether or not they had anything of note to say.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 2:38 am

The gray hollow visibly cringed with the appearance of the shinigami. He really didn't like the man. But as Moldale had said, there was nothing that he could do to him. He was shocked to see the strange metal serpent to arrive. He hadn't expected it to come to this meeting. The last time it ask way too many questions, but honestly he couldn't help to feel sorry that it had been roped into the shinigami's honeyed words so easily. Stratus drifted from his thoughts as Moldale began to move. Very carefully the other hollow was making a map on the ground using it's hooves. Little by little the strange shape was completed and he began to speak. Using his tail he pointed at a location not far from the center.
"This is where we currently are." He moved his tail's spike slightly to the right. "The first group I contacted is located about here. They number thrity to sixty. Mostly lowly and newly formed hollow. With a few words and promises of power they will follow." From that spot he moved the point further south.
"Here are some of the more feral of those very same group. They speak less, but they understand power." he snorted. "While those others cannot control them anyone of some strength can herd them to some extent. Their number fluctuate due to fighting and mindless drifting. I can guess anywhere within hundreds occupy this area at a given time. Gathering them up now would be pointless, it's best to wait until they are needed."

The pointer shifted again. "Here we have the Menos Forest. Their numbers change much like the feral ones I spoke of. Difference is those here can control them to some extent; the Adjuchas. Their power rivals many of the shinigami I've met. They are a more sociable folk then most. Although they feed on others quite readily. If you can make them Arrancar they too are willing to lend their skills. " Stratus wondered about the Arrancar process. Would his power grow immensely like what he felt in Las Noches? Did they have the strength to squash this shinigami? Or were they hiding in fear in their fortress?
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:20 pm

The cringing off the gray Hollow did not go unnoticed by Ryouta; he didn't comment on it, but inwardly shunted his feelings of satisfaction about it to the back of his mind for Stein to gloat over. He listened intently, paying close attention to everything the other Hollow was saying. At the end, he nodded, satisfied with these new developments.

"You've done very well,"
he complimented the other Hollow. "It is good to know that I will have what I need to achieve my goal when I choose to do so. However, something unexpected has come up recently in the Human World that requires my immediate attention, sadly delaying the advent of our partnership a while longer." He was of course referring to the Twelve, but these Hollows would be completely useless against them as far as Ryouta was concerned.

"Thank you for your work. I would like to meet these Hollows myself, if that's not too much trouble. But before we depart, how shall I address all of you? I don't like referring to you all in my head by descriptors only."
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 4:41 pm

Such organization, was this truly the same creatures that N.I.U.S had identified itself as belonging to. Its original assumptions regarding hollow were torn apart with the descriptions offered by the more forward of the two other hollows. It was curious and it was rather intrigued by the consequenses of such facts. It was a matter to be considered further, that was for sure. Equally surprising was the response from the shinigami as well as being rather dissapointing, a delay in the plans. It was suspicious, especially considering the knowledge given regarding hollow positions only a moment before. Was treason becoming more likely an end result of this deal? Necessary awareness of the circumstances was to be kept fully at alert.

"Nebulous Interactive Universal System. Or N.I.U.S. Either is acceptable." There was no hint of its growing suspicions, of course, there was never a hint of anything in what N.I.U.S said or did.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2011 6:29 pm

Although he had more information to provide Moldale figured the man was content with what he was given. But he was curious about this other matter. If the siege of Soul Society was minor in comparison, or it was something involving the plan. The chances of getting the truth from the shinigami. He had hopped some kind of exchange. Being unable to cross into and out of Soul Society safely was troublesome. This man could transverse the divide with ease it seemed. The first visit could have been a fluke, but the second was definite proof of this strange ability. Be the ability a result of some device was the question, but there was no way to find that out. He silently wished he had given him less than ten days to see how readily the technique could be used. The robot snake was a little too compliant with the shinigami. It's very existence was interesting, Moldale had never seen such a creature before claiming to be a hollow.

Stratus clicked his tongue. Here they had slaved away for days and all they got was a pat on the head. His bastard wasn't even concerned about what they thought. He only saw them as pawns. I hoped whatever the arrancar had planned would cut him down to size. He looked down at Moldale's map. It was an odd. He had wondered Hueco Mundo looked like, but it was that the actual shape? He had thought it was endless sand. No matter how far or fast he ran it was nearly flat. It would be best to ask Moldale about it later. He felt a spike nudge into his side. Moldale's tail was poking him to pay attention.
"You man call me Moldale." he said to the shinigami. "I_" The cavern trembled as a heavy reiatsu engulfed them. Stratus felt his knees buckle. The power he felt reminded him of their previous meeting. He looked about frantically, he would use his sense to track it, but feared being crushed by the overwhelming power. How had such a being moved so close without his noticing. Had he been too focused on the shinigami to notice? The ground trembled again and one of the walls exploded sending rock in every direction.

Spoiler:

"So this is where you're hiding." the figure spoke as it entered through the hole. It began to laugh as it stood on air above the gathered hollows and the rouge shinigami. "About your offer Moldale, consider it rejected. I have no desired to serve as a lap dog." it's spiritual power flared again. Between the horns on it's head a yellow ball of light flared into existence and steadily grew. Energy arched around the yellow sphere. The creature raised it's hand and pointed at the group below it. The a burst of yellow light flashed forth.

OOC: Stats in a min, got another post to make.

Last edited by Stratus on Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:17 pm

Perhaps it was because the left side of his face was heavily scarred, but Ryouta didn't display any emotion at all when the newcomer came crashing through the wall. "I'm impressed, Moldale. You had the courage to seek out the help of this fellow? How fortunate for me that you're so...diligent," Ryouta complimented Moldale. "Unfortunate that he doesn't know what's good for him. If you'll excuse me..." Ryouta reached up over his face as the yellow ball of light formed and pulled down, sending a shockwave of cold reiatsu sweeping across the terrain, forming a thin layer of frost on everything around him.

"Danku," Ryouta held up a palm, and the kido shield appeared in front of him and held under the force of the yellow blast of energy. "My, my, that was nice. Someone as weak as you shouldn't cross someone like me," he directed this comment at the newcomer. "People only get one chance to join me and stay in my good graces...unless they're irreplaceable. Which I can assure you, you are not."

Ryouta suddenly appeared in front of the Hollow's chest with his left fist drawn back and his sword drawn. He thrust out with his mechanical arm, palm out, uttering "Hado#71: Sunburst!" as he did so. A blast that seemed impossibly large came out of his arm at that moment, a burning ball of white-hot light that seared the flesh of the newcomer as if it was true fire. Sunburst was a kido spell meant for use against Hollows, being especially damaging against them.

This circumstance was no exception to the rule. Ryouta was so much quicker than the newcomer, and his attack came at point-blank range, with enough force behind it to deal significant damage. As the dust cleared, it was obvious that the attack had done severe harm to the newcomer; its body was covered in third-degree burns, and it was on its knees, gasping for breath. Ryouta hovered about 50 feet above it, his arm pointed at the Hollow again. "This is the part where you die regretting your decision to be so...brash. Gran Bola Cero."

A pinprick of red light appeared at the end of Ryouta's arm - and then a blast the size of a thousand Ceros erupted from it, totally obliterating the Hollow and creating an enormous crater where it had stood. Ryouta disappeared again to reappear beside his Hollow compatriots. "Perhaps I overdid it a little...still, it's good for you all to know what I'm capable of, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 3:53 pm

The feat of strength was remarkable, its original assumption proved to be irrefutably correct that it had made the correct choice in avoiding the wrath of this being. It was momentarily stunned by the awesome display of power overwhelming its systems before it recovered as the shinigami returned. It was frozen for a few seconds afterwards, before ejecting three clips used to absorb heat building in the systems, its systems having run on overdrive in order to maintain full integrity. "That was impressive." The voice came with slight distortion, still recovering from the brink of overload. "Almost too impressive for my systems to handle."

The robot was the weakest party in this situation without a doubt and it seemed unlikely that it would be capable of gaining any proper hold of the conversation and decided to simply go with what transpired for now, following their lead until it found opportunity and motive to change it.
Back to top Go down
Stratus

Stratus

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 08, 2011 9:07 pm

OOC: You omitted/ignored your charge time on the Bola Cero (even with your arm's effect). Either way I'll accept the result as it would have played out the same as per my prediction.

Stratus looked at the smouldering hole in disbelief. The creature has be obliterated in a matter of seconds. Just how powerful was this shinigami? The power of that attack was incredible it was way beyond the attack the creature had launched before it's demise. It had all happened in a blink of an eye. Yet he was certain that the shinigami didn't have that strange hollow like mask on a moment ago.
"We're well aware of what you're capable of." Moldale chuckled "Now we know what you're able to do." The hooved hollow paced around the hole made. " Not everyone I met was willing to join our efforts. Those that didn't were less 'vocal' than he was. He was always hot tempered, he should have known better than to face you head on. I guess he followed us here in an attempt to end things. We'll be much more careful in the future. " he gave short bow. With his hoof he quickly destroyed the map that he had created on the ground. No reason to leave such info out in the open. The horned hollow bowed once more and tapped Stratus on the shoulder with his tail. "Let's go Stratus." Moldale said as he walked past the still stunned gray hollow. The tap shook his companion from his stupor. He stopped at the cavern's exit and turned. "Nius was it? I suggest you take care on your return trip, there might be more 'Rebels' about." With that he exited. Stratus grunted and followed behind Moldale.

They traveled for several moments in silence, miles upon miles of tunnels. Finally certain that they were well out of the monstrous shinigami's hearing Stratus voiced his thoughts.
"Did you see that!? He blew that hollow away with that attack instantly!" he started. "What if he decides to do that to us once we get his army together? What guarantee do we have that he won't do that to us once we take down Soul Society!?" His fist hit the wall in frustration. This was bad, he know the man was powerful, but this was way too much. "We need to back out of this before it's too late Moldale. We're going to die at this rate. If not by that shinigami then by those 'Rebels" rejecting his proposal."
Moldale stopped walking and then started to laugh.
"What rebels are you talking about?" he said still chuckling.
"Those like the one that just attacked him." Stratus said, how could he forgot the huge hollow killed so quickly "The one that followed us."
"He didn't follow us, I told him where to find us." The other hollow stated flatly.
Stratus' mouth went wide his his eye almost bulged. "Are you mad! What if he found out about it!? We're going to be killed!!!"
"Quiet down boy, it was necessary measure." he began walking again. Stratus was wondering how sending a hollow to his death was necessary. Why had Moldale planned done it? "A question for you; of the two who was stronger?" Stratus blinked, he tried to remember the feeling he felt when the hollow had entered compared to the shinigami.
"I'd say there were about even, not really sure." his memory was hazy, there was a difference, but it was hard to tell.
"You're right, give or take they were on par." Moldale stated "For an adjuchas he was a more hands on type. He could probably smash that man with his fist faster than a with a cero." The shinigami must have felt it in that first attack. Their power was almost even so he had to use that mask. Fear. He knew the fight would be long and drawn out. And couldn't afford show such a battle to those he was recruiting. So the mask was needed. With it, his powers increased tenfold. If that was his level then the arrancar in Las Noches had nothing to worry about, everything was well in hand. The shinigami would have his battle, but would lose the war. He laughed again as they headed home.
Back to top Go down
Ayame Ryouta

Ayame Ryouta

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:02 pm

"My apologies, N.I.U.S," Ryouta said. "I will endeavor to be more considerate in the future." He watched the two Hollows leave with an inscrutable expression on his face. They knew he was stronger than them by far, that was obvious. But he couldn't shake the feeling that Moldale was attempting to shape Ryouta's plans to his own agenda; something that Ryouta admittedly would've also done had their positions been reversed. He would have to form a plan to stop anything Moldale had planned, or perhaps use Moldale's own plans to his advantage. But first, he'd have to know what those plans were.

He knelt next to N.I.U.S. "Tell me, how skilled are you at concealing your reiatsu? I may have a job for you in the near future if your answer is yes...moving along though - I wish to visit some of our compatriots. I think they should have a face to put to the name of their cause, no?"

Ryouta began to head off in the direction of the Adjuchas lair Moldale had detailed. Perhaps one of them might already know something about Moldale that Ryouta could exploit, one way or another.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 4:08 pm

N.I.U.S was in a way expecting what it heard from Moldale, dissent in the ranks seemed fully alike to that which it had noted up to this point from hollow and slightly soothed the impact the earlier revelations had had on its gathered intelligence. Meanwhile the shinigami was treating it with a condescending sense of 'consideration', the word was out of place, from this person, for the intended target, for the place they were spoken in. Was the shinigami attempting to manipulate or truthfully repentant for him being 'inconsiderate', both were possible yet for now it couldn't decide which were more likely.

With a short kneel came the request, the source of why he might have wanted to manipulate N.I.U.S into compliance. He wanted it as a spy, or atleast that seemed like the most probable use for its ability to conceal itself. "I am quite capable. If I don't want to be seen and no one knows I follow them. Then no one would know unless I change my mind." For now it would comply, if only to find out what this one was planning. And from here on out it would also take effort to improve itself, it was not interested in remaining the weakest in the group for much longer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)   Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Testing the waters (Ayame/Nius)
Page 1 of 1