The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark harvest (Open)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Dark harvest (Open) Empty
PostSubject: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 8:13 pm

Peniscola, Flordia

The sun had already set on a hot day of the coastal city. It was no different from all the other days before it. The crowds the normally covered the beaches thinned as people left for their respective homes. There were a few that stayed on the beach for nightly stroll. For others the destination was to the nearest bar. The night had just begun they weren't about to let it end so quickly. It was going to be a lively night.

Underground

Even with the sun gone, the sands were still hot. There was motion as the small creatures began to stir. It's tiny jaws twitched as it received a the invisible signal to awaken. A shudder raced through it's whole body and it began to dig. It's tiny claws made short work of the sand, within minutes it was already rising to the surface. The task got easier as it rose. It had been buried very deep, but that didn't matter. The only thing that did matter was the command it was issued; rise and feed. With a final push it burst from the sand and pulled itself from the deep hole. The ocean had receded somewhat, the waters splashed it as it emerged. But the creature paid it no mind. Now was the time to feed. The darkness hid the small form as it scuttled down the beach. It couldn't see as one normally does. The small creature used something close to sonar to make it's way along the sands. The eyeless monster sent out faint waves of reiryoku to detect objects. It suddenly stopped. It could sense three objects approaching it's location. It hunched down on it's tiny legs. As the humans grew closer.

The man and woman were walking behind their dog along the beach. The dog suddenly started to bard and raced up ahead of them
"Sparks! Come back here." The woman shouted. It getting too dark to see the animal as it ran off. "Darn that dog never listens." she said to her husband.
"Well he takes after you." he giggled, she quickly hit the man on the back of the head. "Hey_" the dog let out yelp
"Sparks!?" the woman stopped her next swing "Sparks come here!"
"Maybe he found a jelly fish." the man said. A dark shape approached them "See, there he is."
What approached them was not Spraks. The small creature let out a growl no unlike and animal as it lunged at the man's throat. The woman was too shocked to scream as the fanged dug into the man's flesh. Blood bathed the small creature. The woman took off running screeching for help, the creature continued to tear at the jugular. The creature looked up from it's meal and let out a chirp like a cricket. There was a responding chirp in the distance.

The woman ran screaming. She she kept looking back to see if the creature was following her. Several times she stumbled and fell, but she kept going. Soon the light from her home came into view. But it was then a dark shape appeared before her. The young woman skidded to a stop, falling down once again she tried to scrabble in the other direction. Another dark shape awaited her in the direction. She flopped down on the sands and screamed."HELP ME!!!!!" Tears streamed from her eyes as they advanced upon her. Her last words fell on deaf ears, the same scene was being replayed all along the beach as more and more creatures emerged from the sands. It would be an interesting night indeed.

OOC: Creature information in the spoiler. Enjoy.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male
Number of Posts : 903
Job/Interests : Philosophical Drunkard/Booze
Quote : Repensum est Canicula
Registration Date : 2009-04-30

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2011 8:35 pm

You owe me

Words Sal never liked to hear but he had, a few days prior, from a contact across the pond in America. He couldn't refuse, the guy, a Psychic, had been feeding him intel on any strange goings on over that way for months. It was time to repay the debt.

"So whats the story Bobby?" Sal had asked through the receiver of his phone, kitted out in a brand new Gigai, his first.

"There have been a rash of missing persons reports all along the Florida coastline and the vibes i'm picking up ain't good man, ain't good at all." The Psychic had responded in his usual hippyesque manner.

"People go missing all the time, why do you need me to find them? Call the cops or contact the local Shinigami"

"HA! Those assholes? By the time they sorted out the paperwork we'd all be dead. Nah man, this needs sorted ASAP, you're the only guy i can count on here." He said with a sigh.

"I'll be there in two days, keep me posted, oh and print me out a map. I'm shit at directions." Sal had said and hung up.

Here he was, Florida, the sunshine state, home of fake tits, loud and downright ludicrous shirts and, his favorite, the bikini. Norongachi looked over the map in his hand, the sun was just setting out across the deep blue water of the bay to his right and he looked up. Sure enough the beach was a few hundred yards across the way.

"What he expects me to find out here..." He grumbled to himself, he hadn't picked up anything since he got to Florida, the place was a dead spot. No Hollow activity, nothing. Which made this mystery all the more unsettling.

He took his first step onto the sand, he hated sand, and stuck his hand in his trouser pocket, his other hand holding his jacket by the collar over his right shoulder, and retrieved his cigs. He lit one up and in hailed the toxic goodness. It was worth being in this toy body just for the bad habits.

He took a seat on a small wall at the edge of the beach, according to Bobby everyone had gone missing after sundown, although precisely when the police couldn't say. He might have a long night ahead of himself.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:13 pm

"This is Team Beta; nothing to report." The blonde male spoke into his phone while his redheaded partner's fingers danced across the keyboard of the small laptop. It wasn't quite a laptop it was a larger version of the hollow detection device that the phone used. On the side of the terminal was an antenna that looked like a whisk. The small antenna spun wildly as the man watched the screen.
Arawn stopped typing and sighed wiping his brow. Even if they were spirits the sun's heat was unbearable in the black garb. This was the second day of their watch. Once news of the sudden disappearance Soul Society had sent several shinigami to investigate. What was more frustrating was the the attacks didn't stop with their arrival. But they had isolated the attacks to the beaches. As such the six shinigami had set watches at three beaches.

"Anything yet, professor?" the blonde man asked Arawn seeing gazing at the sky. The fact that the shinigami refused to use his real name, he had already forgotten his. The laptop was proving ineffective just as the radars had been. Whatever was attacking was somehow invisible to their sensors.
"Nothing yet." he stressed the last word, not liking the sarcastic tone the man used. He could hear the other groups reporting in. It seemed quiet. As the sun sank on the horizon the tension rose. He tried the laptop again, the only thing it picked up was the stronger spiritual powered humans. Since they couldn't predict the enemy their best bet was to watch the possible targets. Nearly seventeen signals. "I'll sweep the north, you from the south. Radio if anything comes up." The blonde man nodded and jumped from the rooftop. Arawn closed the laptop and turned on his phone. With a leap he cleared the gap between him and the hot sands below.

The cool ocean air was refreshing as he moved along the shore. The light seemed to fade all the faster as he ran invisible through the thinning crowds of people. Surfers, girls in bikinis, and families at play. The beach was a lively place. The human police must have done a good job in hiding the recent disappearances otherwise there would be much fewer people. He could only guess the tourism was well worth the risk of the human lives. Darkness inched across the sky as he made the first circuit. Everything clear.
It was night proper when the first scream came, he had just finished his ninth loop. He slid in the sand and doubled back. He reached into his pocket for his phone.
"North sector got a possible incident!" he tucked it away and ran.

The four small creatures had already mutilated the human before he arrived at the scene. It was already chewing on her femur as another finished her arm. He drew his weapon knowing full well it was too late to save the woman. One of the creatures looked up from the feast and charged forward. Using it multiple legs it leaped directly at his face. Arawn flinched, but swung his weapon down slashing the creature in half. His eyes widened as two others were already airborne heading at him. The first had only acted as a decoy. The third critter chirped loudly as it's two companions barreled into the shinigami.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 9:37 pm

It took longer than Sal liked for the first blood curdling movie style scream to pierce the night air and Norongachi was off....at a very human speed. This was a bizarre feeling, to be moving at speeds comparable to a very asthmatic snail.

"I knew there was another reason i hated these Toy Bodies." He growled, running as fast as the shell would allow him. He came to a sliding stop in the sand several feet away from a bloodied mess that must have been the victim and the attackers. Sal wasn't sure how to describe them, they were fucking hideous. Like giant fleas with slathering mouths and several sets of limbs in various sizes.

He spotted the man on the other side of the grizzly scene but in the gloom he couldn't make much out. He had little time to react when one of the creatures launched itself at him, he hit the sand and had a soul candy stuffed in his mouth before you could blink.

He rose up, his Katana unsheathed, and only managed to bat the Creature away with the pommel of his blade, such was its distance. The grotesque thing squirmed in the sand and righted itself, chirping louder and louder into the night and Sal could have sword he heard a faint answering call in the distance.

It lunged again but Sal was ready, side stepping he skewered it through its side and plunged it into the sand before retracting his sword and cleaving it in two for good measure. He looked across the corpse in time to see the Creatures dive on to the man.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 2:41 pm

With their multitude of hands they creature guided it's mouth to bite the man's wrist. It was easy for the razor fangs to tear into the flesh and nearly sever the bone. As the man screamed in pain he swung his weapon wildly batting the creature with the blade's edge. The clumsy strikes bounced off the strange carapace. The monster dug it's fangs deeper and focused only on taking the shinigami's hand. One swings finally manged to aim below the armor piece into the creature's tender flesh. A fount of dark liquid was his reward. It opened it's mouth in reaction to the pain and the wounded man pushed harder skewering the horrid beast. The tiny arms clawed at the shinigami, trying to pull itself away from the zanpukto's lethal embrace. The pain of the scratches were less in comparison to the shattered wrist, he kept pushing until the creature stopped and lay still. With a grunt he pushed the dead body off him and tried to stand. In the faint light he could see the damage done; his hand was barely holding onto his body by a strand of flesh. His pumping adrenaline was the only thing keeping the pain at bay. Who knew how long that would last. He looked over at the prone body. He was lucky to not suffer the same fate at the human had. strength suddenly ebbed; the loss of blood was starting to effect him. The blonde man stumbled and fell to his knees. He ripped his shinigami robes with his right hand and used them to wrap his wound as best he could. His phone dropped as he made his awkward bandage. It was then he noted someone else was there with him.
"Gotta call for back up." he spoke aloud. It was getting harder to focus, and his breathing became heavy. Pressing the button on the phone the screen flickered. He could feel his eyelids getting heavy, he needed to keep them open. "C-call ffffor backkup." he speaking slurred as he fought back the sudden tiredness, he held his phone to his companion. His body suddenly went limp and he fell face first into the sands.

North on the beach

The two creatures hit Arawn with enough force to push him backwards and to the ground. He could feel the tiny claws dig into his skin as the grabbed at him. His only choice was to take the momentum and roll instead of falling flat on his back. The maneuver must have surprised the creatures as he rolled on top of them both released their grasp and fall free as he finished his flopping in the sand. One of the creatures lay flat on it's back it's feet flailing in the air trying, the other was on it's side and stood quickly. Arawn pressed his advantage. Stumbling to his feet he charged the creature. Only for a moment it didn't react to his sudden attack, it was too late for it to counter. Arawn swung his zanpukto downward onto it's head. There was sound like hitting metal. The creature's hard shell had managed to ward off the blow. But the strike was enough to push it to against the ground. His sword had cut into the shell, but not through it completely. He pulled up his blade quickly and slashed again this time at the monster's hind leg. The sliver blade tore into he skin and creature tried to hop backwards in pain, but merely fell to the ground hobbled. The cut had also liberated some of it's arms from it's body, making it quite unbalanced. Dark liquid pooled beneath the wounded monster. It opened it's mouth and released a loud chirp. The creature beside it chirped at well and moved it's legs more frantically, still it could not right itself. Arawn saw the third creature already running at him. Not willing to let the creature get close he funneled his reiryoku outward and pointed at the foul creature.
"Hado#1: Crimson strike." A stream of red energy shot from his hand and intercepted the small monster. It was moving too fast to dodge, the energy hit is head on and knocked it backwards. The body was smoking and it did not move. The wounded creature had tried to drag itself away it's fluids staining the sands. It didn't get far. Arawn stabbed his blade at an angle killing the creature. Only the beached creature remained. It continued to chirp loudly. With a brought his blade down on the helpless creature, it squirmed and chirped loudly, and finally went quiet.

He took took this time to examine the bodies. It was difficult with the darkness, as best as he could tell they weren't hollows. For one thing they lacked masks, and hollows rarely looked alike. Well the creatures didn't look exactly alike, just looked very similar to one another. No eyes, large teeth, a multitude of tiny claws, and overall shape. It was confusing. He looked around, he thought he heard something.
"I better report this." he dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone. The screen was flickering. "Hey guys I have something in the northern sector, you might want to see this." the phone buzzed with static. "Guys?" There came chirping noise from behind him, then from the side. "This is Team Beta, please respond!" The chirping grew louder. He shouldn't stay here. "I should go check on my partner." Taking one last look at the strange bodies he ran south along the beach.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2011 5:17 pm

The guy was hurt, bad. Thick trails of crimson were pouring from his wound and he was visibly shaking. "He's in shock..." Sal thought and part of him considered just walking away, it wasn't his job to save Shinigami but he wasn't the type of guy to turn his back on a pathetic sight like this.

He took the phone and flicked it open, it immediately dialed a number by itself and...there was static....nothing...no answer at all. He gingerly jabbed a button to change the frequency and still got squat.

"Theres no response.." Sal said and heard the insistent chirruping much closer than it had been. "Fuck!" He spat and grabbing the wounded man, hauled him over his left shoulder keeping his Katana in his right hand. He broke out at a dead run down the beach while all around him the night sky was filled with the calls of these creatures.

"Don't die on me, we'll get you help. Just hold out." He said but the man was silent, unconscious from blood loss.

He kept going, there had to be a base somewhere around here but if there was he didn't find any and it was after a few minutes he saw a man sized shape growing larger further down the stretch of sand.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:47 am

The chirping increased as he ran. The lights from the street weren't bright enough to illuminate the beach, moon hid behind a wall of clouds. Even though his eyes had adjusted to the darkness, the couldn't tell if the black shapes he saw were real or imagined. He cold only run as the chirps began come at a rapid pace. Then Arawn heard the sound of feet on the sand other than his own. He didn't bother to look back, if the sounds were any indication there were quite afew of the creatures now. If he could meet up with his partner he'd stand a better chance against whatever was coming behind him. There were shapes in the darkness in front of him now. Without stopping he drew his zanpukto. If they were coming from the front as well from the rear there was no way for him to survive. The sea to his left and the city to his right. He didn't want to try fighting the small creatures in the water, and if he ran into the city, they might follow. Oddly enough there were only two shapes in the darkness, if he could overcome them he might meet up with the other shinigami yet.

Drawing closer the shadows took definite shape. Two people on the ground and one still standing. The ground had it's share of dead bodies of the same critters he had just vanquished and like those tailing behind him. He shunpo'd to stand before the standing form closing the distance instantly. There was a small explosion of sand both from his departure point and his new destination. Using flash step on sand was quite tricky, he was still using too much power. Now well within range he noted that the man was not the shinigami whom he sought he was too tall. He looked to the ground to the black robed blond man.
"Damn it." he muttered and then looked back north along the beach. "Get back." he stated stretching his arm out to push the other man behind him. His had met a very solid form. He turned to look at the man properly. A flash of recognition came to Arawn's face. "I know you don‘t I!?" the clouds parted and the moonlight hit the shore. The darkness retreated, but the nightmare remained. The pale light revealed the depth of the current predicament. Three scores of the creatures raced along the beach heading directly at them. Remembrances would have to wait, their survival came first.

"Ye lord! Mask of flesh and bone, flutter of wings, ye who bears the name of Man! Truth and temperance, upon this sinless wall of dreams unleash but slightly the wrath of your claws." He chanted his spells funneling his reiryoku. “Hado #33: So-katsui!” The blue burst of energy shot from his hand in a wide arc and engulfed the pressing wave of creatures. They screeched in pain as the azure flames burned them. Those creatures behind used their powerful legs to leap over the energy and resumed their charge. Too close for another spell, he grasped his sword with both hands to meet the first of the creatures. Arawn kept his blade low and swung it upwards slicing into it’s tender flesh with ease. He didn’t have time to see if it fell as another rushed to meet him. This one took at leap at him. He wasn’t going to fall for he same trick twice. Sidestepping he slashed right through it’s open mouth. The two halves of the body fell to the ground behind him. Sure enough two more creatures had jumped behind the first, but Arawn wasn’t there anymore. He slashed the nearest of the two with a backhand swing. The cut took several of it’s legs. It fell to the ground and wiggling as it moved it’s remaining legs. The second turned, but Arawn had moved yet again. With a short hop he landed on top of the creature’s hard shell. The tiny legs buckled under the unexpected weight, then it tried to shake him off. It was much like riding a skateboard. The other creatures stopped a second, and then chirped in unison. As they charged forward in mass.

Kido Training:
Hado #33: 706/430
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 3:51 pm

There was no where left to run. All around them the creatures circled, closing quickly and their numbers continuing to rise. He was moving backwards, sword at the ready, his unconscious passenger still slumped across his shoulder. He turned quickly as a chirp came louder than the rest. The creature launched itself at his face and Sal dipped to the side, his sword arcing up and sending a spray of the things blood across the sand.

He placed the blond Shinigami down and focused his attention on any sound or shadow, orientating himself in that direction until he turned and found a familiar face. There was no time for small talk, the creatures were advancing enmass and Sal was painfully aware that he had more than himself to worry about.

He gripped the Katana tight and stood almost back to back with Arawan as he fought the creatures, keeping the downed Reaper no more than half a foot behind, and between Himself and his comrade.

"Sound the Funeral Bell!" He called to the night, the peel of a far away bell tolling slowly at the edge of his hearing and the sound of battle, swords upon swords and screams of the fallen, background music to the transformation of his weapon.

The metal of the Katana cracked and ruptured, its shards spewing outwards as a blade more than 5ft long and 8 inches wide took its place, fire snaking across its steel and up Sal's arms and wreathing his body.

He hefted the Claymore onto one shoulder and in the light cast by the flames he could see the rows upon rows of enemies pushing forward, Forty deep at the very least, lipless mouths chittering as they went.

A flash of blue came from behind him and that was the starting gun these things needed. Sal didn't wait, he swung the mighty blade through the air and with a thought the fire that trailed behind it like the tail of a comet lashed outwards, spreading and doubling in volume turning the sand to glass under its trajectory and flaming the beach for twenty foot in front of him.

The creatures screamed as their flesh was stripped away by the ethereal fire but as one fell another took its place. He moved forward to meet them, his Zanpakuto aching for blood with every deft swing, that cut another from the throng.

One attacked from his left and another from the right forcing Sal to turn quickly and take one down while lance of fire shot from the dancing fire around him and torched the other. No one can see everything at once and Sal was no different, two creatures latched onto him gnawing at his ankle and shoulder before he could blink and he stumbled and fought feeling their teeth dig deeper and deeper into his flesh before he could intensify the heat around his body and the creatures turned to ash.

Blood poured down his arm and he limped backwards, swinging at anything that came near as he made a cautious retreat.

"Anymore of that Kidou?" Sal called over his shoulder plunging the tip of Claidheamh Mor into an airborne foe.

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 11:45 pm

OOC: Missed the part where you took the guy on your shoulder. Silly me, I apologize. >.<

He was too busy to make a remark. He swung his zanpukto to cut down one of the critters only to slice another on the back swing. Even then he had to fend of another attack. The strength diminished with each swing. No longer did he sever a limb, he was barely cutting into their flesh. A simple cut didn’t stop their advance. He didn’t have enough time to focus one. The fact the creatures had them surrounded made for a dire situation. They lacked power, but made up for it in numbers. The other man's sword eradicated many, but it was just a dent in their small army. They could try to cut their way through the creatures, but success wasn't guaranteed. Even if they made a path they would still be surrounded on all sides. There had to be a way to break through the horde of creatures. Standing back to back and with the injured man it wasn’t going to be easy. Another kido blast at such close range wasn't wise. Unlike the large man's weapon he had little control over the blue flames. If he could get them grouped together it would make things easier. He knew afew binding spells, but nothing to affect all the creatures surrounding them at once. By the time he used it on one group the other would attack. Perhaps the strange shinigami could assist in casting. Arawn quickly dismissed the thought as the man had asked him for kido rather than volunteering anything. His zanpukto’s ability probably more than made up for the lack of skill. His zanpukto? Arawn groaned. If his hands were free he would have slapped his forehead. “Drift, Huang Long.”

His blades glowed golden and shifted. The creatures hesitated for a second, but then resumed pressing him. The kukri was light in his hands and yet he felt strength in each swing. His cuts sank deeper into the creatures’ flesh, but this wasn’t the time to marvel over the weapon. Arawn reached out into the blade with his mind. It was tricky dividing his focus between the weapon and the numerous creatures.
“Huang Long, help me!” There was no response. “Huang Long! ”
“Hmmmmmmmm?” Came the lazy reply in the back of his head.
“Wake up damn it! I need you.” he screamed at the yawning spirit.
“No need to shout, I can hear you just fine.” said the dragon. Actually I‘ve been watching, you‘re doing quite well. The big man too. You don‘t need my help.” he snickered
“We’re not going to last long, at this rate.” One of the creatures bit into his leg, he cut into it, and jumped back before another could grasp onto him again. “I need you to do whatever you did in our fight against the captain.”
“Oh? With all that shouting I didn’t realize you were asking for a favor.” even though he couldn’t see the beast he knew it was being smug. Rage bubbled up in Arawn, he quickly composed himself.
“Would you please help me, sir?” he tried his best to keep from thinking violently of the golden lizard
“Well that’s better, but what’s in it for me?” Arawn’s vented his frustration on the small critters hacking away at them with renewed vigor. “I could use a couple days of rest actually.” With a single stroke he cleaved the monster in half cutting through hard shell with ease.
“Fine, a day off’ he said grinding his teeth.
“Wait, scratch that. I’d really like to spend the day with that Ha-Rhang woman.”
His pulse raced and his reiryoku flared “Th-that can be arranged. Please do it.” He struggled to say please.

“Hold onto something.” he finally said aloud, his business with the sword concluded. He could feel as his energy was pulled into the weapon. His anger had intensified his focus. If Huang Long done it on purpose was questionable. He thrust the blade into the ground to anchor himself as the weightless field flooded the area. The creatures and sand around them started rise up a couple feet from the ground. The creatures’ tiny legs wiggled helplessly trying to grab the earth. Arawn’s own body was floating as well the only thing keeping him from going higher was his grasp on his weapon. He freed his right hand and pointed at the rising cloud of sand and small creatures.
“Howl mighty winds! Sing your sorrowful melody and thrash my enemies with your unyielding malice! Hado #39: Lesser winds!” The sand and monsters were suddenly launched skyward by the unnatural gale. The large brown cloud rose higher and higher.
“You think you can whip some more fire!?” he shouted over the wind.

Kido Training
Hado 39: 827/490
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 1:14 pm

The spiritual pressure from Arawn near doubled in intensity and Sal got a feeling in his gut that told him something really bad was going to happen to them, or the ugly crickets attacking.

Sal followed the Reapers lead and embedded Claidheamh Mor deep into the sand underfoot and just in time. Gravity took a day off, his entire body rising up like he were in deep space, a weightlessness that made the contents of his stomach feel the need to make a reappearance. The Creatures were also under the same anti-grav effect and around them they all began to rise, as bewildered as Sal was.

Sal heard the chant. He always thought that it was a touch on the idiotic side to make an incantation so bloody long. He could have impaled the caster half a dozen times with half of the paragraphs they needed to say to set the damn things off.

He watched the creatures being swept up in the man-made tornado and thought that Kidou did have its uses. He held fast to the long black handle of his Zanpakuto and over the roar of the twister heard Arawn's question.

"What do you want, towering inferno or nuclear explosion!" He yelled trying to be heard. "I'll improvise!"

Sal focused, his eyes narrowing upon the mass of sand and dirt mingled in amongst the hopefully terrified critters and tapping into his spiritual flow called out to the power of his Zanpakuto. He waited, feeling the connection, the feel of the fire yet to be created, a creature with its own life waiting to do his bidding. They were high enough.

"Get a better grip on that sword!" He yelled and then added. "And cover your eyes..." As the words left his mouth the night sky was suddenly ablaze. An explosive sphere of fire roared into life dead center of the creature cloud with an earth shattering BOOOM that sent the waves in all directions, 12ft walls of water crashing against the beach for miles up the coast. It expanded outwards in milliseconds, encapsulating half a mile and then it fell in upon itself just as quickly, vanishing without a sound.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Although he had been told avert his gaze, Arawn watched as the small sun flared and then was snuffed itself out of existence. Likewise he couldn't cover his ears from the thunderous explosion that accompanied it. The shockwave shook through his entire body nearly causing him to lose his grip. So intense were the flames that there wasn't even ashes left. He felt a small pang of envy after seeing the weapon's performance.
"But who was it that got those critters up there?" Huang Long chimed in rather smugly. Arawn cringed "Don't forget; I get a day with Ha-Rhang for saving you." he had hoped the weapon had gone back to sleep. But the weightlessness had yet to fade completely. Little by little he felt the pull of Mother Earth finally effect him.
"Yes, I'll talk to her soon about it." he muttered his feet finally touching the muddy ground. "Thanks for your help." he said turning to the large man. Not only had he saved his partner, but he saved his live as well. But he didn't recall him being part of the group assigned to this investigation. He couldn't shake the air of familiarity he felt.

The explosion has cleared the clouds from the sky, he looked up and down the beach, there were no more creatures to be seen. He gave a well deserved sigh of relief. But then stopped himself from getting too relaxed. He needed to contact the others. He reached into his pocket and found sand. The wind had blown the stuff everywhere, and it had pooled itself in his pockets and fold of his robes. Another sigh escaped his lips as he scooped it and and retrieved his phone. As he dialed he tried is best to dust himself off.
"This is Beta Team, do you copy?" There was only static. For some reason there was still interference. He recalled a case similar to this one. When the creatures were defeated the radios had resumed functioning. Did this mean there were still creatures around? Arawn suddenly staggered, his legs felt like jelly. Was it an after effect of Huang Long? But then he felt it again. It wasn't him, the ground was trembling. He looked at the tall man, "Maybe you should of held back a little." The blast had somehow made the Earth shake as well. Was that even possible? Arawn quickly reminded himself that he was a sword wielding demon slayer. Logic had taken a left turn at Albuquerque. He tried his phone again, and there was still static even after switching frequencies. There came another shake, but this was more intense than the last. He could see buildings shake and teeter. The man's explosion shouldn't have cause all that. "Please tell me this is your doing."
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:31 pm

The gravity returned with a laid back ease and Sal felt the sandy earth under his feet once again. He retracted Claidheamh Mor from its anchor point and rested it against his left shoulder as he turned to face the man with, in his opinion, the worst timing in the history of all Soul Reapers.

"Thats three you owe me Arawn..." Sal smiled, although he was fully aware that the Reaper had carried more than his share of the fight.

The ground gave a disconcerting tremor underfoot and behind them a street lamp toppled over with a scream of injured metal. Sal steadied himself and then gave Arawn a disgruntled stare.

"I'm not as reckless as i used to be, why do you think i didn't just atomize the bastards when they were on the ground!" He answered, if he had they'd be standing in a very large crater.

That, however, made things a whole lot worse. If it wasn't Sal or Arawn causing the ground to shake like a nervous jello then...what was?
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 6:06 pm

Three he owes him? The man had saved him before? There weren't many times he'd been rescued. Junko was one such person, but the other.... He remembered it now, a night not unlike this one and beset by a horde of strange creatures.
"Sal! Gods, I didn't recognize you, it's been so long!" he exclaimed quite excited to see an old friend. Quietly he wished it wasn't under such circumstances. "What have you_" his sentence was cut short. There were screams and they were coming from the city. Forgetting his question he rushed from the beach to the road. It was a bit of a hill, but once he reached the crest he could see the city properly. The tremors got larger and most light posts fell and he almost fell back down the incline.

His voice caught in his throat. Although far away there was no mistaking the small shapes he saw; more of the creatures moving through the streets. But that wasn't the source of the growing anxiety. The city was in ruins, through the asphalt vines hand erupted and were spreading in every direction. Buildings were now cocooned by they strange tendrils as the small creatures herded those not trapped in their own homes. And then he saw it; the source of the tremors

Dark harvest (Open) Boulder

It was nearly as tall as the apartment buildings he saw encased in vines. How could they have missed such a thing during their daytime patrols. Had it arrived in town just recently? How could it have gotten into the city without them noticing it? The creature moved close to a cocoon and opened it's maw. Lights started to manifest around the cocoon and then flew into it's mouth.
"Are those souls?"They glowed similar to pluses. It's mouth remained open as more spirits were drawn into it. Slowing the number of souls diminished then stopped. It mouth closed and it moved on to the next cocoon. Arawn's fingers frantically dialed on the phone, there was still static.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:34 pm

Sal had no time to answer, the screams filled the air and Arawn took off running with Norongachi hot on his tail. The city was no more. It was like a scene from a science fiction movie, the ground shattered and from it writhing, squirming, tendrils that encased buildings whole.

Blazes colored the night, fires all across the vast cityscape, tremors continued even as they looked on in disbelief demolishing homes in the distance. Sal had never seen anything like it. What could possibly unleash this kind of hell and in so short a time?

The vines latched onto the building nearest them and the sickly roots spread out across their surface, wrapping it entirely until it was entirely obscured from view.

A massive shock wave sent Sal to one knee, this one larger than the rest and then Sal saw it aswell.

It rose from the ground like a leviathan from myth, breaking the earth upon its back, the creature, taller than the buildings around it, its body circular in shape as far as Sal could tell from this distance, four legs supporting it. It moved to the nearest entombed building and Sal felt the unmistakeable surge of energy and the building flaring with a pure white light. Souls were being reaped, more than three dozen, all in one swoop. What had that kind of power!

"I...I think so..." Sal said, shocked by the turn of events.

He watched Arawn extract his phone and try and dial out. No such luck, could this day get any worse?

"I think we're on our own...." Sal said ominously.

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 6:00 pm

The screen was completely distorted. It was impossible to even get a dial tone, but he kept trying. Frustrated he tossed the phone down into the sand. He drew his sword from his hip and thrust it into the air. His zanpukto seemed to grip the empty space and the air around it shimmered. But then the shimmering faded. Arawn removed his blade and tried again to no avail. He dropped to his knees hyperventilating. No back up and no portal.
"Come one think." he slapped his hands against his temples as if trying to jump start his thought processes. The pain took his mind off the terrible predicament. His breathing slowed. Arawn tried to remember the previous incident. The small creatures and the radio interference, but nothing like this happened afterward. No vines and no rotund monster. The creatures looked different as well.

He finally stood up and retrieved the malfunctioning phone. They had few options; fight or flee. If they left the city it might be possible to get out of range of the interference. At that point they could call for reinforcements. If not they would have to wait and pray someone came to investigate their radio silence. As for fighting....
"That big fiery explosion you did awhile back, do you think you could use it against that thing." he pointed at the large creature. He didn't know if destroying the thing was the best option, there was no telling if the souls were gone. It had devoured them, but there was no way to know if it had digested them. There might be a way to rescue them, but he rather save more from being eaten. "If we can lure it outside the city first, you might get a better shot." Using his power inside the city would be counterproductive.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 8:57 am

Sal gave the ruined city a long hard look, examining every detail he could while Arawn freaked out in the background. The smaller creatures were herding the cities occupants into the buildings, the tendrils would encase the building and the colossus would eat the souls of the captured.

"Sure i can, the problem is how we get that thing out of the city limits." Sal said and his brow furrowed in thought. It ate souls, or spiritual energy. They were Soul Reapers, well one of them was, which made them the 5 star meal around these parts.

"Okay. You aren't going to like this...." Sal began. "We use ourselves as bait, get into a building on the far edge of town, hopefully it cant resist and follows." Sal pointed to one of the sky scrappers in the distance, one of the few still standing.

"Although what that cocoon does to your spiritual power i have no idea, i just know it aint there for show and that bastard doesnt touch a building unless its wrapped up in that stuff." He added.

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 4:24 am

"Well it's a plan." he scoffed. Still he didn't like the fact they had to get near those vines. They moved like snakes around the buildings, it didn't look safe. "First thing we need to do is get through those small things, but how are we going to get that thing's attention?" They were a mote compared to that thing. It's footsteps shook the ground even from the distance. Getting close to the vines and the smaller creature was one thing, but getting close to the behemoth to get it's attention would be whole new risk. I would probably step on them without even noticing them. That was exactly what happened when he had seen a menos grande for the first time. The thing laid wasted to the city. Thankfully it would seem this creature was less destructive. It was only consuming the souls from the cocooned buildings. "We could try launching a weaker attack to lure it out. A weak attack to anger it, and then once it was clear of the city launch the larger attack." Of course knowing how big an attack was needed to get it's attention was the problem. How could they guarantee to getting it mad? "How good is your throwing arm?" Arawn grinned as he looked for a large object.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeSat May 28, 2011 8:41 am

It was amusing how often Sal's plans got that reaction. Arawn wasn't exactly thrilled by it but true to form he engaged the grey matter and took Sal's simple premise and expanded upon it instantly.

Sal had an idea what the Reaper was thinking and spotted a Ford Mondeo parked at the side of the road. He walked over to it as Arawn searched and, flickering fire shroud still dancing across his body, stabbed his Claymore into the ground. He grabbed the front bumper and gave it a lift. The car rose up with surprising ease, he was still amazed at the strength of his supernatural body.

He judged the distance between himself and the circular creature lumbering in the distance. In for a penny, in for a pound, he thought and with a grunt of exertion took a firm hold of the car and spun 360% lifting it from its parking spot and launched it.

It fired like a scarlet red bullet through the night and then it impacted upon the side of the creature with, at this distance, a small fiery explosion. The silence, was palpable, like all sound had fled the building.

"Umm...." Sal began, as the creature began to turn in their. "Do you think...that, like, might have worked?"
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 1:57 am

Arawn could only shrug as amazed as he was at the man's awesome strength, he just as shocked the scope of the damage. The car exploded upon impact. The large creature let out a roar, paused, and then moved to it's next cocoon. How long until it finished and the city was empty? The time for thinking was over.
"It was a good throw, just need a little pepper in your pitch." he said as he found what he was looking for; a boat rental shop. He had figured there would be one on the beach. Arawn walked over to the store and looked through the dark windows. He wasted no time in kicking in the door and check their store room. Plenty of red gas containers. Taking one under each arm and in each hand he walked back over to Sal and sat the canisters down. He ran back into the shop looking for one more item. He tore the room apart til he found the two large bottles of motor oil. Once he got back outside he distributed oil into each gas container. Slowly he shook the containers trying to get the two to mix.
"Now that we have some drinks, we need a ride." he grinned. His eyes landed on a Mini Cooper. With the butt of his zanpukto he smashed the window and reached in to unlock the doors. One by one he began stacking the large molotov cocktails into the small vehicle. He gave the big man a nod. "Let's give it another go then."
The extra kick should be enough. If it had a brain in it's massive body the creature would come to the water to douse the flames. It didn't have arms from what he could see. Of course If they weren't careful the flames might engulf the vines in the city. Well that wouldn't be too bad if not for those humans still alive in the buildings.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 1:27 pm

Sal watched the goings on with interest. Arawn vanishing into a beach side shed of sorts and returning with two canisters then he was gone again and back with a two bottles of....oil?

Sal looked on as he emptied the contents into the canisters and then proceeded to commit grand theft auto. Sal was following his thought process. Throw another shrimp on the barby!

"You're a dangerous man." Sal said with a chuckle. "Remind me never to piss you off." With that said he took a grip of the mini-cooper and with a heave set it on its airborne path.

The explosion this time was much more dramatic, there was even a substantial boom, and the creature teetered slightly as the car imploded upon its side forcing a cry of pain from its jaws.

"Got your running shoes on?" Sal asked as the hoard of smaller creatures suddenly turned enmass to face in their direction.

Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:11 pm

He didn't respond he was too busy spreading the rest of the oil from the jugs upon the ground. Once the first was empty he continued with the next slowing backing up as he went. Soon a nice wide splash of oil stood between them and the street.
"Let them come." he grinned. Already he could hear the chirps as the horde advanced. From his observations earlier he saw the creatures lacked eyes and noses they wouldn't see nor smell the simple trap. The first of the creatures hit the oil and slipped. For all those claws they couldn't get a good purchase on the ground. Before it could give any warning another creature slammed into it and then another. Their numbers now worked against it, they poured into the oil slick and began slipping an sliding around. But now they were chirping and the rest of the horde stopped. The large area was now filled with oil and creatures unable to stand.

In the distance the fire on the large creature continued to burn, it cried out both in rage and pain as flames ate it's flesh. It could hear the chirps of the small creatures; they had found the attackers. With another scream turned it towards the beach. The little creatures had pointed it in the right direction. It's horn started to glow with a blue light. Soon it started to crackle with energy as the power grew within the strange creature. With a final bellow the light flared brightly and a large bolt of blue energy shot out towards the shore.
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 3:36 pm

Let them come indeed. Sal smiled, Arawn was coming out of his shell. No longer the nervous timid scientist he had met so many moons ago now he was a cunning strategist.

The creatures skitters upon the lubricated surface, skidding across it and falling into heaps as they failed to find purchase and more of their ilk joined them in the idiotic dance.

The monster in the distance roared and stomped toward them, its back still a flame, and a cerulean energy gathered upon its horn. The power it was gathering to itself was nothing short of monstrous and the beam it fired was utterly devastating, ripping a canyon across the ground under it.

Sal could only manage a partial expletive and dove towards Ara, snatching him by the shoulders and rolling them both across the sand as the blue bolt ripped across their previous position.

Sal got onto one knee and clicked his fingers, fire snaking from his body to the oil that had captured to many of the creatures in its liquid snare. The oil ignited instantly and the fire roared to life, engulfing the monsters caught within in, their screams reaching out into the night.

"I don't think he likes that..." Sal muttered as the giant monster charged toward them, drawn toward the cries of its children.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 6:05 pm

The dust from the explosion was slowly settling, but the smoke from the motor oil fire just began. Those creatures victim to the flames gave their death cries as the rest started to climb up the building and around the blaze. Their multitude of arms made the ascent up the flat surface possible and then down to the other side. As the mass of creatures moved it reminded Arawn of ants. But ants didn't have a rotund friend that shot blasts of destructive energy at it's enemies. The larger creature was advancing as it's vanguard swarmed the field. The small beasts chirp as more and more of them filled the area. They pushed forward trying to encircle their targets. Arawn drew his blade and began hacking at the encroaching horde.

The situation had almost reverted to what it had been before. Although this time he was more prepared for the assault their numbers was far from dwindling. He dared to look up from his grim work. There were more of them piling around the fire chirping almost with glee as they pressed them. The sea at their backs and an army to their front, and behind them a massive creature. Again he hazarded a glance away. The big creature had gotten closer. Why hadn't it fired? It wasn't concerned with the safety of the smaller creatures; as proof was in it's last attack. The horn was glowing, but not as brightly as the first time. One of the small minions leaped at Arawn he cut it down, slashed another, and kicked one like a soccer ball. He needed time to think, and they weren't about to give it to them. More jumped and more pushed forward. He was hacking and slashing for all he was worth. All the chirping was getting on his nerves, he wished he could plug his ears. His face lit up, and his eye locked on the targets as he swung. No eyes, no nose, any yet they chirped.

Arawn had an idea, well make that two ideas. If the first worked, at least he had a small backup plan.
"Sal!" he yelled trying to beat more of the creatures back. "The big one is the muscle, but he's a slow burn." He gestured at the large creature's slowly glowing horn. "If we can take him out, we may have a chance to get out this mess." A slight chance, but he didn't want to be too negative. Still the chances were low, to dwell on it might make matters worse.

Last edited by Arawn on Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sal Norongachi

Sal Norongachi

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 9:20 pm

"I'm kinda busy!" Sal yelled as he cleaved three of the little monsters with his Claymore and swiped the blade at those who climbed across the fallen. The flow wasn't stopping, it wasn't even slowing down, and he and Arwan would run out of energy long before the swell of enemies subsided.

Sal focused his energy and whipped his sword over his head. Immediately the fire leaped to his command, an encircling geyser of heat scorching all those around him and then he sent the circle outwards like a shock wave, the river of flames dancing across the ground engulfing any who dared stray into its path.

He had managed to give himself an Arawn some breathing space but nothing more. They had seconds, if that.

"This is gonna cost me..." He growled and his spiritual output doubled, and then tripled. The flames around his body burned increasingly brighter and eventually turned white hot, obscuring Sal from vision. The ground under his feet crackled and melted, steaming pools of slag streaming from the heat.

It lasted all but a few seconds and then Sal gave a yell and his Claymore burst from the white flames, it flew onwards, dragging the white fire with it sucking it straight off Sal's body. He only had time to make a lunge for Arawn, tackling him to the ground and covering his own head with his arms.

The sword literally screamed as it shot forward, the air sizzling around it, and then it hit the large beast just to the right of its horn. The world went white.
It was like someone had shone a 5000 watt bulb straight in Sal's eyes.

There was a 'WHOOMPH' and the payload ripped itself apart. The resulting explosion was disc shaped in nature, like the shockwave of a dying star, cutting through the creature and rapidly atomizing it in the process.

Sal only had a millisecond to react and he reached upwards, blind, and called out to the fire. He used all of his energy, mental and otherwise, to reign in the explosion least it consume everything for miles. He managed, collapsing the expanding death disc back in upon itself and resealing his Zanpakto which fell to the ground and imbedded itself there, the metal still glowing from the stored heat.

"Now...its up to you..." Sal said, his face utterly white and gaunt, that had taken far more out of him that he had expected.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 05, 2011 1:49 am

For the second time the night exploded with the light of a small sun. The shock wave of the explosion was enough to send some of the creatures flying backward. A few of them landed upon their backs. The large creature was gone, Arawn stood in amazement of the feat. Yet it was not the time to be standing stunned, he rushed to Sal’s side. The man had seen better days. Rather than a grievous wound, he looked like he had pulled several day’s work in a single moment’s effort. He could only imagine what willpower was required to contain that titanic explosion. The remainder of the creatures started to advance, Arawn stood with his weapon ready as the new rush of enemies began. Drawing his sheath from his hip the young shingami stood his ground.

The metal scabbard batted left while he slashed right. He moved like a whirlwind, his arms swinging in opposite directions and never still. Those missed by his arms, he kicked out of desperation. Doing so nearly unbalanced him, but he couldn’t retreat. Those that leaped at him were knocked to the back into the ground and into the rest. Another kido would be useless at this range. Their numbers seemed infinite and they pressed their advantage. His human chainsaw route was too tiring to last for long. Already his speed drooped and the number of bites and scratched increased. The pain spurned gave him a second wind. His attacks continued with renewed vigor. But that too would eventually end, it was a futile effort.

It wasn’t until mid swing that he noticed the vines had approached. From the distance they had looked like vines, but they resembled branches of a tree snaking it’s way closer to them. It was worst than he feared. He had thought the large one controlled the strange branches, but it seemed they weren’t so lucky. As the branches moved forward the small creatures retreated. As happy as he was to see them go, he felt a quiet dread fill him. The branches were of a gnarled wood the way they moved made it seem like they were alive.
They wove together until they formed a strange ring on the ground in front of Arawn. It almost looked Celtic. The center of the ring bulged and a figure emerged. The pale moonlight illuminated him. A man dressed in finery like he was attending a grand ball. A top hat and cane no less. Arawn wondered if the creature’s bites had caused him to hallucinate.

Spoiler:

“So you are the ones to cause us all these problems?” He spoke loudly as if addressing a group. Arawn looked around expecting to see a crowd behind himself. “We are not pleased! Yggdrasil!” he slammed the can into the ground. The branches shifted around him, as they took on a new shape. It became like a man, complete with a face, but one could see the still shifting innards of the creature. It had legs, but not feet. The branches extended into the ground
“Yes, Lord Doyen?” The wooden lips didn’t move as it talked. It’s voice was like wind pushing through leaves, a faint hiss, not far from a whisper.
“How many Hunters are left?” he didn’t take his eyes off Arawn. The creature groaned.
“Sixty-three, Master Doyen.” it uttered. It was hard to tell if it was looking at him or the strange dressed master he addressed. The man eyes widened and clapped two fingers to the palm of his right palm.
“We are impressed!” He bellowed “And you routed the Gatherer as well.” He must mean the large creature, but the truth was the one to defeat it was laying comatose on the ground. “You have entertained us like none have in a long time. As such it would be fitting to let you live.” he said with a small grin. “But by that very feat, we should grant you death.” The strange man rubbed his chin considering the odd dilemma.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark harvest (Open)   Dark harvest (Open) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark harvest (Open)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next