The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

City by the sea (Nius)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

City by the sea (Nius) Empty
PostSubject: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 pm

City by the sea (Nius) View_on_Sotsji_from_black_sea

Krasnodar, Russia

The sky was an elegant topaz blue, the white clouds drifted aimlessly across it. The wind brought the smells of the fresh sea and coolness that offset the warm sun. It was a lovely place. If not for the call for an investigate Arawn would have taken the time to sit and relax. Perhaps if he finished his investigation quickly he would have time to see some sights. Even as the thought came into his mind he let out a sigh. Things rarely went so well for him. There was little chance of success. There had been a string of disappearances and murders in the area. According to his research he was the six shinigami sent into the region. Each time the person patrolling would find nothing. The killings would stop, and then start up again. Was it the act of a human? If that was true, why would the attacks stop once the shinigami were on the scene? It was obvious the culprit was a spiritually aware. Whoever it was their actions were too smart to be a hollow. It could be an empowered human, or a rumored Bount. He put all these thoughts aside as he looked to his radar and started to sweep the area. As a shinigami he darted from building to building looking for any suspicious actives. The city was relatively quiet. The people went about their days unaware of the danger that lurked somewhere. Arawn stopped and took one of his sensors from his backpack. The city was too big for him to search alone. But he was denied assistance in the matter. That's where the sensors came in. Using them he could set up a wider search field, not to mention detect if the attacker snuck into areas he had already physically checked. The green light lit up on the small cylindrical device. He placed the unit on the roof and jumped to his next destination. Once he set up the net, he might be able to rest for abit.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male
Number of Posts : 203
Job/Interests : Stuff
Quote : "What a mouse gotta do... A mouse gotta do...."
Registration Date : 2010-02-03

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 6:27 pm

It had noticed the arrival of the shinigami, potentially as another source of resources as it had no intention of claiming this hunting ground for itself. N.I.U.S had used its access to human networks in order to filter out suspicious activities and the long chain of murders in this city seemed quite out of any humans league. The serpent had arrived here a few days earlier, remaining hidden and waiting until only a few hours ago as it had sensed its target, forcing it to go on a long chase before having finally caught up to it and although the human and its 'doll' was quite capable, N.I.U.S was able to defeat and consume him.

And now came a shinigami, undoubtedly another in a long string who had come to investigate just as it had done before him. From what little it could tell there was not an all too substantial difference in power, possible to overcome at the very least and the energy stored within him would undoubtedly be quite rich.

N.I.U.S hatched a lure, as the tattered and torn remains of both the bount and his were still leaking with energy even while dead although it would only be noticeable at a short enough range. With this 'in mind', N.I.U.S proceeded to move to a secure location while still looking over the small glade where it had left the bodies, and now all that remained was to wait.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:13 pm

He finished setting the radar devices up and too a break on a rooftop. As he snacked on a piece of dried fruit and meat jerky his phone chirped. It was linked to the devices. They had picked something up. He picked up his phone and examined the radar map. Sure enough a faint signature had been detected. It was south west of his current position. He hastily shoved the remainder of his snack into his mouth and washed it down with a large gulp from his water canteen. He tossed the canteen back into his bag and shouldered the pack. Arawn jumped from the building to the ground below and made his way to through the wooded area. With his eye on the radar he navigated the natural maze of trees and bushes. The only sound as he swiftly made his way through the forest was the breaking of branches underfoot. The signal still hadn't moved. With luck he could catch it by surprise and strike before it could launch it's own attack. A big if, but he was willing to try ending it as quickly as possible. As he neared the destination he slowed down. Something was fishy, the target still hadn't moved. Human or Bount, there was no reason for the target to be out in there. Why would they hide in the middle of the forest? Phone in his left hand he drew his weapon with his right and crept forward. The trees slowly parted to a clearing in the woods. Now he was really suspicious, why come to such an open area. The signal was definitely coming from the clearing. Gripping his sword tighter he walked into the open area. As he entered he could see something, but he was too far away to tell what. His breathing slowed as he crept forward. It was only a matter of feet later he could recognize the remains of what could have been human. His phone chirped again, another signal had just appeared nearby. It was only at short range that the phone had finally detected it.
"Come out!" Arawn shouted. The signal was too faint to get a fix, but he knew it was close.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 7:42 pm

So it had technology capable of more advanced tracking, interesting. The metallic scales made soft clinking noises against the wood as it slithered down from its lookout point and finishing the remains of the bount and doll and addressing the shinigami at the same time. "From what I have observed of shinigami activities, you are here for me and the ones I killed. Is my assumption correct?" The red optics were focused on the location of the shinigami as the mechanical jaw crushed the bount's body. "Although it is of course equally possible you are here to investigate the other deaths. If that is the case, then I have dealt with it already."

Finishing the last bone crushing bite of the bount's body, N.I.U.S raised its head again, trying for a better assessment of its opponent before speaking once again. "Now there is only the question of how you will approach my existance. You still will hunt me for being Hollow, I assume."
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 18, 2011 8:23 pm

Expect the worst is one of Arawn's many mottos. But when the creature revealed itself it wasn't expecting anything like it. The mechanical monstrosity was something ripped straight from a mad scientist's imagination. It's claim to be a hollow sounded dubious, but at the current distance he could faintly feel the creature's reiatsu. Something was definitely up. He needed time to wrap his brain around the situation. It being able to speak helped matters.
"It's my duty is to protect the humans and souls of this area." he stammered studying the metallic snake. "As a hollow you pose a threat to them. Your existence...." Arawn was sure to stress that word. "is parasitic at best." He tucked the phone away and grasped the sheath with is left hand. "If you're asking me to spare you, the answer is no."
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 11:17 am

Predictable, shinigami were giving a very consistent image by now and was a considerable contrast to the variance he had encountered in hollow. Or perhaps it was merely the lack off unquestioning hostility that caused it to learn more about hollow then shinigami, nevertheless it did not matter now. N.I.U.S proceeded to coil up its body, ready to strike as it took note of the hand being laid on its opponents sheath. "That was not the intent of my question. But your answer was still satisfactory." While it spoke, the lower part of the creature's tail extended out from the coiled body, the tip eventually resting about three metres from the head.

"Since you lack the intent of peace, this exchange is over." N.I.U.S then sprang into action, the head going to the left, away from the tip of it's tail and then changing its angle gradually to approach Arawn properly with the attack. Meanwhile the tip launched an electrical discharge moving as a ball of electricity towards the shinigami before the entire body moved in for the attack.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2011 1:29 pm

He was still taken aback by the creature's appearance, not to mention it's speech. It spoke well even by human standards. Arawn reminded himself that it didn't matter. The creature began to move. He braced himself. This shouldn't be a difficult fight. As it looked like a snake most would assume they need only worry about the head. He was quickly proven wrong. As he watched the head's movement. It would seem the creature was going to try to surround him with it's body. He barely noticed the electricity shoot from it's tail. Instead of being wary of the head, he needed to avoid the tail as well. He had to dodge, but in doing so made himself open to the head's attack. And so he leaped up towards the head. The ball of electricity hit the ground were he was previously standing. By staying close to the body the monster was less likely to use that attack again for fear of hitting itself. As the distance closed between him and head he brought his sheath and sword down in a double handed slash.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 23, 2011 4:41 pm

It hadn't actually thought that its first attack would succeed and the swift counter attack came as no surprise. As the sword came crashing down the creature opened wide three of the separate jaws, leaving behind a last of the lower row, letting the blade sink into it before twisting the head in such a fashion as it would cut more into the middle in order to capture it in the metal rather then letting it slice all the way through. It was a strange sensation, the jolt of electricity coursing through its body as the blade cut, disrupting its concentration momentarily.

The snake then proceeded to move its plan into action, clutching its remaining jaws back together while making a strong push to the side in the hopes of ripping the sword out of its opponents hands while at the same time sending another shock of electricity towards him, this time sent from one of the jaws and coming forth as a bolt rather then a ball, directly at one of his arms. And simultaneously the massive tail would continue moving forth, the creatures great agility becoming incredibly apparent as it changed direction from taking a horizontal approach towards the shinigamis former position to instead moving in an upwards arch towards Arawn, intending to crush him if he were to try holding onto the sword and remain in position.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 3:30 pm

The creature's mouth opened and clamped down on his weapon. He had dodged an attack only to have his weapon captured. A jolt of electricity launched from the machine raced through his body. He stifled a scream at the pain, he could feel his body go numb. It definitely wanted his sword. As it jerked it's head, he released the blade. Flung away by the strong movement. He skidded to a stop some feet away. It was a good thing he had given up the weapon. He could see now that the hollow's tail had been advancing from behind him. Too busy focusing on the sword he would have fallen prey to the sneak attack. Although the monster had gained his blade, Arawn still had his metal sheath in his left hand. It wasn't much but he could use it to fend off attack. He shook his right arm, it still tingled from the electric attack the monster had fired. Flexing his fingers he reached into his backpack. His eyes locked on his opponent he blindly felt around inside. His fingers brushed up against what he sought; an orb. Raiton: Jibashi.
"Well it seems you got my sword, but unlike most shinigami, that's not my only weapon." He pulled the stun grenade from his pack. If the creature used electricity this might be a useful.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 5:41 pm

The attack had achieved some level of success as N.I.U.S now possessed the sword, having it firmly seated in the jaws of the creature. It observed its opponened carefully however, taking note of the orb being drawn out from his pack. It had no idea what it might be capable of, the logical trail of thought led it to deduce that it would be prudent to remain cautious in its presence. The long tail stretched out to its mouth while it watched, wrapping around the hilt of the blade and pulling it out and then the scales that made up the chassi started to move and engulf the hilt in the tip of the tail and making the blade stick out of the end and clamping down tightly to ensure it stayed in place.

The blade however gave the sense of being more of an anomaly for N.I.U.S then it had anticipated however, it was as if a part of the shinigami was in constant contact with it, had it underestimated the bond between the robed slayers and their swords? It was quite possible considering how little it actually knew of them. "Indeed? I am intrigued to see what you can show me. I am always eager to learn more of your kind." N.I.U.S' head rose up slightly as its body prepared itself for what was to come.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:27 pm

The creature had secured his weapon. It obviously knew enough about shinigami to beware his blade. But it would seem it hadn't confronted one that employed other techniques. If so it would have been more cautious. Even so Arawn would have to be just as cautious himself. Readying himself mentally he then dashed forward at the creature. He held his left hand forward with the metal sheath to guard himself. His right hand clasped the orb his finger hovering over the button. He jumped high into the air and came falling down straight at the hollow's head. There was a soft click as his right hand pushed the button and held it. His reiryoku bubbled out as he prepared to attack. He raised his left hand as to swing the metal club/sheath, instead of swinging he brought the hand downward. "Bakudo #21: Sekienton!" From his hand exploded a cloud of crimson smoke. The cloud was quick in filling the area blocking him from view. In the smokescreen tossed the grenade towards the tail of the creature. It would be hard for the creature to block an attack it can't see. Arawn's descent had stopped. He had focused the reishi in the air to hold him aloft. He wobbled as he stood on the open air, it was easier to perform the technique in Soul Society than the Human world it seemed.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 5:38 pm

N.I.U.S jerked into action as the shinigami dashed towards it, the head twisting to the side as he came falling towards it after his leap and grabbed onto the ground with the jaws to clutch onto it to swing the now bladed tail towards Arawn. Unfortunately right then smoke appeared all around it after a chant from the shinigami, N.I.U.S had forgotten their magical abilities beyond the sword. As the tail continued to fling forward it noticed that its enemy had stopped mid air and at the same time heard the loud sound of metal hitting metal as the grenade hit. Not knowing what to expect, N.I.U.S quickly tried to remove itself from the object although there was not enough time.

Electricity surged through the tail as the grenade detonated, the different joints underneath a large area suddenly ceasing to operate as the emp effect hit it at full force. N.I.U.S' optical receptors opened to its full extent as such a large piece of its body hit the ground with a thud, motionless. The sword fell out of its now loose hold by the force of the impact and the serpent immediately focused on where it could feel the shinigami as it unleashed another electrical discharge. "I was unaware you shinigami had technology at your disposal as well. Interesting." It was quite apparent from the synthetic voice that it was far more distorted then usual, N.I.U.S was disturbed, to say the least.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 2:49 am

The smokescreen was a double edged tactic. While it had hid him and his attack from view it also hid the hollow from his sight as well. He was unable to see if the aforementioned attack had been successful. He could hear the clatter of something heavy falling, but nothing else. Too late did he hear the crackle of electricity as it pierced the crimson veil. The only other warning was the bright flash of light. The bolt hit him dead center as he tried to bring the scabbard up to defend himself. The force and energy knocked him from his precarious position. He fell from the air. Down and out of the now dissipating red cloud. Arawn fell onto his back, his uniform smoking and body aching. Free from the smoke he could see the hollow now. First thing he noticed was his blade was free of the tail. While that was good his current position was quite dangerous.
"Glad I could be of service." With a grunt he threw his sheath at the creature's head and rolled over to his zanpukto, retrieving the blade. Grasping the weapon with his right hand he managed to rise to his knees. The strike to his chest has hurt him more than expected. Already he was breathing hard, his chest felt like it was on fire. He quickly focused his reiryoku once again; "Hado #17: Smite." The lavender pillar formed and flew at the hollow.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 5:43 am

N.I.U.S had lost the advantage again as it noticed the shinigami take hold of his sword once more however as the sheath thrown as a distraction had worked well enough. Taking up the offensive would be risky, as it knew now that this one possessed the same magic that it had seen other shinigami possess and as a defensive measure stretched out its body while its opponent rose to his knees. It turned out that it was right to worry as it saw the attack come into form, it threw its tail forward in an attempt to roll away from the attack yet it failed as the block smashed into the lower mid section of the creature, hurling it to the side and crushing a part of the shell.

N.I.U.S rose its head to make sure it could still look at the shinigami, crackles of electricity shooting out of the gap in the chassi as part of the wiring had broken and hanged out of the torn shell. It could certainly feel itself having a harder time moving now as it needed to use redundant circuitry in order to properly navigate its lower section into a proper defensive position. "I underestimated you." The message was simple, but it was all N.I.U.S had to say, it was time to resume the offensive as defense now would simply mean a slow death.

It had adjusted to the redundant systems now, barreling forward towards the shinigami while moving with jerking motions to ensure that it would remain a moving target. It circled its target before slamming the tail into the ground, hurling itself upward and coming smashing down. It meanwhile proceeded to release a bolt of electricity while in the air towards its foe.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 1:59 pm

"And I you." was his reply. He stared at the spot his kido had hit. Arawn could see the wiring and circuity that lay beneath the metal shell. Indeed it was a machine, but there was no denying the hollow energy he felt from the creature. What exactly was this thing? A machine made to be a hollow or a hollow made to be a machine. In either case as he had stated he had to stop the beast. He had hoped his attack would buy him time to come up with a plan, but it was quite the opposite. The metal snake now charged him. So only managed to piss the creature off. Before he could think of using another Smite, it began to zig-zag. He couldn't help smile, it was smart, perhaps too smart. It's tail slammed forward and it catapulted into the air. Arawn had to marvel how such a large creature could move so quickly. But this was not time to be impressed as it fired more electricity from it's airborne position. Still without any thought of action Arawn could only think to dodge the blasts and the diving hollow. He too dodged side to side. "Bakudo #7: Pillar of Hades." His left hand touched the ground and a large black obelisk rose from the earth. Arawn grinned as he hopped backwards; the monster was coming straight down upon the dark obsidian spike.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 4:56 pm

As N.I.U.S came crashing down it had not expected being stopped midway as the pillar of rock came bursting upwards, the rock taking a heavy hit and cracking loudly but still sending the creature upwards as if it had been hit by a massive uppercut. Deciding that it was no longer interested in any more magical diversions, N.I.U.S grabbed onto the rock with its metallic mouth, crushing the rock yet holding on as it swung its body, slamming the rock face to pieces but using it as a spring board to set itself hurling forward towards Arawn once again. "I have no more to gain from observing your magic. And I have no more to gain from observing you."

N.I.U.S body was now crashing towards Arawn, cracking its body like a whip as its tail slammed forwards in order to land with that end down towards its target, the serpent was tired of waiting.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 5:39 pm

The electrical attacks before had taken more of a toll than expected. After only a couple of spells he could feel his reiryoku drained. His options were getting fewer and fewer. He watched as the creature crushed the spike and advanced again. While he knew it wouldn't be much, secretly he wished it had done more.
"Well I do have one more trick you should see." Arawn spun his zanpukto over his wrist "Drift, Haung Long." as the blade rolled over his skin it glowed bright yellow and shifted. Arawn grasped the golden kuriki. He released his energies into the weapon, he could see the faint glimmer in the air around his blade. Zanpukto in hand leaped at the descending tail. His weapon clashed with the heavy metal of the monster's tail and he wast tossed backwards. Obviously he had no chance of overpowering the creature's strength and girth. He rolled and sprung to his feet. He jumped at the mechanical hollow again, this time aiming for it's mid body. By targeting the body he made it harder for the head and tail to retaliate. At swung his weapon into a horizontal slash.
Back to top Go down
Nius

Nius

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeSat May 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Another ability? The shinigami were proving to be a lot more troublesome then expected as its opponents sword transformed. As the tail and sword collided, the shinigami was sent flying backwards and it would seem that its initial assumption of increased effiency was incorrect. It was swiftly proven wrong however as it felt its tail go completely out of balance, its regular movements seemed impossible now as all weight was lost and it was proving incredibly sensitive. The tail slammed into the ground behind it as N.I.U.S tried to regain balance in its systems, leaving it vulnerable as the second strike came.

The sound of metal crumbling sounded throughout the small glade as the blade crushed and tore its way through the chassi and circuitry, leaving a gaping hole filled with crackling wires and leaking lines of hydralic fluid. The entire battle had turned in a single moment and the creature hastily tore itself away using merely its upper portion, proving easier due to the weightlessness that now existed both in its tail and middle portions. "This amount of power... From nowhere, so quickly... Beyond expectations." It now would take actual effort to make out what it had said, the words flooded with distortions and surges of energy and as it finished its words the creature set off, moving as quickly as it could with broken parts and loss of balance as it attempted to lose its opponent.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2011 2:31 am

The creature disappeared quickly into the forest. With a single shunpo he could probably catch the fleeing monstrosity, but he mad no attempt to follow. Arawn's zanpukto fell to the ground. He looked long and hard at the torn skin on his palms. There was some blood, but nothing serious. Still it was very painful to cut through the creature's metal body. It had taken more energy than expected, but still it had all barely been enough to make the creature retreat. It really wasn't like any hollow he had encountered before. For the most part it's injuries would more than likely force it into hiding. Finding it again might be impossible. Next time he'd be better prepared to combat the strange metallic monster.
"Writing this report is literally going to be a pain." Arawn muttered flexing his fingers. He winced in pain and sighed. Grasping his weapon he opened a gate back to Soul Society. "Frankly I don't think anyone will believe it even anyway." he stated as gate closed behind him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: City by the sea (Nius)   City by the sea (Nius) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

City by the sea (Nius)
Page 1 of 1