The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo) Empty
PostSubject: Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo)   Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo) I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 2:28 pm

After days of practicing Ju-Jak Master Sung had him climb the mountain again. As he had stated he didn’t want Arawn to neglect Beck-Ho. And so the whole day was spent breaking boulders more than triple his size. As he went to work in the pit of rocks the sun beat down upon him. His clothes now soaked with sweat he strips his shirt off. The small breeze felt cool against his skin. Perched atop a large rock he observes his work. Broken stones littered the ground. He marveled at the technique that allowed him to shatter said rocks with little harm to his fist. He readied his reiatsu and prepared to break the large stone. But as he thought about it, the skill had several flaws. The main problem was that the majority of the moves he’d learned with it required downward strikes. There were afew sweeping motions, but attacking from above was hardly a practical tactic. An effective skill he admitted, but he’d only employed it once in a real fight. These thoughts broke his concentration as he drove his fist down unprotected upon the rock below him. There was a crunch and Arawn howled in pain holding his hand aloft he lost his balance and fell from the top of the boulder to ground. The pain caused by the 5 foot drop was just enough to make him forget his hand. He hand landed on his back and hit his head slightly against the earth. He rolled on the ground in pain for several moments until the pain receded into a dull throb. With a groan and sigh he got to his feet. Dusting himself off he looked at his hand again. The skin was broken and bleeding.
“I should get it cleaned up.” he muttered and headed for the mansion. Leaving the quarry it felt good to step into the shade of the building. With his uninjured hand he slid the door open and entered the living room. The room was mostly bare with only small table in it’s center. Sitting at the table sipping tea was Master Sung.
“Done so soon?” He asked setting his cup down. He had tasked Arawn with smashing twelve boulders.
“No, sir.” He held up his damaged hand. Sung only snickered. “Nice to know I can amuse you master.”
“Yuki, come treat his injury please.” the old man called out. A door on the opposite side of the room opened and Yuki stepped through bandages in hand a scowl.

“You lack focus my pupil.” Sung began to lecture as Yuki applied a painful ointment to his hand. Arawn tried not to show any sign of pain, but his flinching brought an evil smirk to her face. “Remember the technique is only as strong as your will. The mind empowers the body, to lose focus is to lose the match.”
Another nugget of wisdom perhaps, but it did little to dispel his doubts.
“I can understand that master, but I feel something lacking in Sa Shin Mu AAAAAAAAAH!” Yuki wrapped his hand tightly with the bandage at his statement. He pulled his hand away from her. “Beck-Oh is powerful, but it’s almost unwieldy in a fight.” If the woman could have her way Arawn knew he would be falling head first down the mountain. Sung sipped his tea and nodded his head.
“Hmmm, perhaps it’s time I give you a more practical demonstration.” He stood up and walked to the door Arawn had entered he arms behind his back. “Come.” was all he said as he exited. Arawn quickly got up to follow him not wanting to stay in the same room as Yuki. As he exited the mansion he saw Sung standing in the middle of the quarry a two foot rock in front of him. In a fluid motion he brought his hand from his side and punched the rock. The old man’s fist hit the rock and sent pieces of it flying in ever direction.
“That is your current level of skill.” he said as he shook the dirt off his hand. “This is the next.”
Again he brought his fist down, but with nothing in front of him his hand hit empty air. He hand came to a rest inches from the ground. Something like a gust of wind erupted from Sung. Arawn had been wise enough to keep far enough away as to not to be hit by the first spray of rocks. But even at that distance he could feel the pulse. There was no mistaking the feeling of the old man’s reiatsu. Dirt was sent into the air as more rock was sent flying. The older man coughed on the dust cloud, with a grunt another burst of reiatsu pushed the clouded air away. “And the final stage.” At those words Arawn watched the man intently. As before Sung struck at the ground, but at the point where his fist hit exploded as if dynamite had be used. Much like the first demonstration rock was sent flying and as with the second dust filled the air.

This time Sung walked slowly from the cloud as if nothing had happened. “But that’s not what you needed to see.” he smirked as he walked over to one of the large jagged walls of the quarry. He squatted slightly and tucked his left fist a his hip and his right hand in front as he faced the wall. In a sudden flurry of motion he rose spinning into the air and then dropped back down. Arawn watched his leap, and return to the ground.
As he was about to question the older man’s actions his eyes were drawn to the rockwall. There were several gouges in the stone. There were five spots in the wall in a perfect line. Somehow during strange jump, he had attacked the wall’s face. The holes in the wall weren’t deep, but to pierce the stone enough to leave a mark was proof there was some power in the attack. Master Sung was already ascending the steps back to the mansion. “Once you finish the training, we shall begin on the next step of Sa Shin Mu. Perhaps then you can wield it better.” he door slid such behind him.
Back to top Go down
Arawn

Arawn

Male
Number of Posts : 3440
Job/Interests : Anything, but not everything
Quote : You were close, but I was right
Registration Date : 2010-06-23

Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo)   Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 12:53 am

Although he only had to destroy 12 boulders Arawn crushed 17. He was so deep in thought after Master Sung's display that he kept going. He had only noticed the rise into the air. It had been such a quick action. How had the old man found time to strike. He walked over to the wall and reexamined the markings. Not much compared to the shattering power that Beck-Ho. However he had performed the strikes the power was much less, and yet there were over eight small holes in the wall. It may have less power, but to release that many strikes in so little time was amazing. There were many questions, and all he could make were speculations. Arawn snapped back to reality and noticed his task was complete. It was time to seek his master and advance his training. He tried to suppress his glee, and then another thought hit him. He really didn't know much about Sa Shin Mu. While he had learned two techniques, Arawn knew practically nothing about it's origins. Honestly he hadn't thought to ask.
"Before I learn a future technique perhaps I should know the past." he pulled his shirt back on and walked into the mansion.

Sung sat at the table once more when Arawn opened the door. Like he hadn't moved from the first time at all. How much tea could the old man drink? Arawn never recalled seeing him eat. If he cut him would green tea come out instead of blood. The thought made Arawn smirk. Master Sung took note of his pupil standing in the doorway smiling.
"You seem in high spirits. It took you longer than I expected to finish. Are you ready for your next lesson?" Sung sat the cup down, but before he could stand Arawn held his hand up.
"I am sir, but I have a questions." Sung's eyebrow raised. "I'm curious about Sa Shin Mu itself." Sung eyes started to shine. He almost seemed excited by that statement. "What kind of art is it? You did say there are four techniques. But aside from that I don't know much else." Sung's eyes didn't lose their shine. He gestured for Arawn to take a seat. The student took the cushion on the opposite side of the table. Another sip from his cup and he began to speak.

"It began " Sung gazed off in the distance. "During the closing days of the Sui Dynasty in China, a warrior from Goguryeo, in the pursuit of discovering a martial art to defend his country, traveled to China to train."Arawn held up his hand
"Sui Dynasty?"
"Hmmm, many centuries ago in the human world. It was a time of great war. Now where was I?" He rubbed his chin as he tried to think, "Oh yes. While wandering from place to place in China, this warrior met a man and a woman who both shared the same sentiment of becoming stronger for their country. The three traveled the land together and fought and trained for honor and justice. Before long, people across the land began to call them the Tae-Won-Sahm-Hyup." It was Arawn's turn to raise an eyebrow. Sung snickered, "Sorry, that means Great spirits of Chivalry. Now may I continue?" Arawn nodded and told himself no to interrupt again.
"But one day, the warrior from Goguryeo put aside his fame as on the the three Tae-Won-Sahm-Hyup and returned to his homeland. Upon his return, he used the experience he gained to begin creating a new style of martial arts. Later in his declining years, he established a school for his nearly finished yet incomplete style of fighting called Sa Shin Mu, and passed it on to 3 disciples. He charged his students with the task of perfecting this art and protecting their homeland. And spread peace through the lands. It was soon the the grand master died." Sung said nothing for several moments as he sipped more tea. Arawn wanted to speak but held his tongue.

"Those three left their mark upon the world. The eldest disciple could not fully control his power and went mad. He killed many men before his own life ended. The second betrayed his master and attempted to usurp the school that was created and the kingdom itself. It was the youngest student that would defeat the second disciple and it was that very man that gained mastery of Sa Shin Mu." Arawn eyes were wide.
"And you're that disciple!" he gasped
Sung laughed. His eyes still shining. Could he be the eldest student? Or even the betrayer?
"There's no way..."As the thought came to him. "You're their master."
Sung smiled broadly. "The art my third student perfected was truly powerful, but pales in the power I perfected in the many years here in Soul Society. He stood up and patted Arawn on the shoulder. "Be proud by, you are my fourth disciple, and you learn it's perfect form. Beyond the limits of the human form Sa Shin Mu is a godlike force. Learn it well my boy."
Back to top Go down

Sa Shin Mu: Chung-Ryong (solo)
Page 1 of 1