The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Bleach World Roleplaying Forum

With the Rebel Faction defeated, a new age of peace arises within the Soul Society... but for how long? A Blood War could be just around the corner.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Going with the Flow. (Solo)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male
Number of Posts : 262
Quote : War....war never changes....
Registration Date : 2010-08-01

Going with the Flow. (Solo) Empty
PostSubject: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:42 pm

The young man stopped at the bottom of the steps leading into the dojo. His lifted his gaze slowly up to the main door to the building. A look of mixed hatred and sadness. His grip tightened on the case in his hand. He had came here for a reason, even though he hated that same reason. He needed answers, He needed to know why this was happening to him, and most of all, He needed help.

Despite the steaming temperatures during the summer in Okinawa, Kazuhiko was wearing a hoodie as usual. The heat was the least of his concerns, the help he needed lay just up the steps and through the main door of the dojo. Earlier in the school year, the man who ran this dojo had given him a sword, that was supposed to help him control his powers. But the sword did the complete opposite. His powers had become more and more uncontrollable by the day. It got to the point that he had to shut his powers completely off, and thus leaving himself vulnerable to any hollow that decided he would make a nice 'snack'. His powers left un-checked had drove him to return here. He didn't know if his grandfather had known that this would happen or not, but he was determined to get the answers, one way or another.

His eyes were locked on the double doors as he walked up the steps leading up to them. He released the mental restrictions he had placed to stop his powers from working, and almost instantly a dark blue aura of spiritual energy blazed up around him. With every step he took the aura grew more, appearing like a wild blue bonfire. Upon reaching the final step, he stood there at the doors blocking his path. Jaded anger filled his mind. To Kazuhiko, his grandfather had betrayed him, giving him that cursed sword to force his powers to to rage out of control. His anger and rage hit a boiling point, and he kicked the double doors open and stepped inside.
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:57 pm

As he stepped past the doorway and into the main hall, the doors slammed shut behind him. The Dojo was dark, save for a row of candles at the far end of the large room. He continued forward, un-phased, the darkness surrounding him. He could only see the candles and the circle his aura illuminated around him. Something is not right... He thought. His senses were being blocked by something in the room, something much more powerful than he had ever experienced. The creaking of the wooden floor beneath his feet was all that broke the defining silence that surrounded him. The circle of blue light around him grew smaller the closer he got the candles on the other side of the room. The aura was a direct reflection of his strength, which was fading fast. His legs began to shake with every step he took. He was within ten feet of the candles when his legs gave completely out. Falling to his hand and knees, he knew he could not continue forward. The case he had been carrying fell from his hand, clattering on the ground beside him. Tears welled up in his eyes, despite his anger at himself, and his grandfather. He began punching the ground before him repeatedly, screaming in anger and rage. He took his frustration, from his powers being out of control, out on the floor before him.

A voice called out to him, and shocked him back to reality. A voice that he knew all to well. It was his grandfather's voice. It wasn't the voice that shocked him though, it was the tone the voice had behind it. It was a softer, more caring tone then he had ever heard in that voice. What shocked him even more was what his grandfather said: "Kazuhiko...I'm sorry...sit and allow me to explain....everything..there is much you do not know, things I should have told you...and I am truly sorry that I couldn't.. so please, sit and listen to what I have to say before you act out on your anger."
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:57 pm

Kazuhiko's grandfather was a small and frail looking man, but anyone who ever spent one day in the dojo knew better. He had mastered many martial arts in his nearly eighty years of life, and was more then willing to demonstrate his skills to anyone who thought him weak. He was a stern and rather difficult teacher, never pulling his punches whether instructing or sparring. He and Kazuhiko looked eye to eye when they stood next to each other, both an even five foot five. They both had the same lean and toned muscular build. The family resemblance stopped there though. Kazuhiko took mostly after his American father in facial features, skin tone, and his pale azure, almost grey, eyes. To many, when they stood side by side, they didn't look related at all.

Kazuhiko sat in the spot he had collapsed in earlier. His body was covered in sweat, and he was breathing hard. The case containing the 'cursed' sword lay at his side. His hands were resting on his knees, and he stared at the ground in front of him. He couldn't figure out what was going on. He had never felt any power from his grandfather before, or anything containing that much power before as well. He was shocked to say the least. He heard his grandfather, who had been sitting on this side of the room the whole time, get up and turn a few of the lights on. He came beck and sat less than two feet from kazu, mirroring the way he was sitting. "Kazuhiko. I know up until this point I have never let my power be known unto you. And up until this point, you believe that you were the only one with these...gifts...in our family. I am sorry I deceived you." The older man said. Kazu started to speak but stopped before he could utter a word. His mind was full of questions, but he judged it was better to hear the old man out, for now. "I know you have questions, but for now let this old man atone for his sins. Our powers have been passed from father to son since ancient times. Your mother was My only child. She had no spiritual powers, and I had hoped that our curse had been lifted." He paused for a moment, taking in a deep breath before he continued. "And when your mother married your father, I thought I knew the curse had been lifted. You see, I never hated your father. In fact I respected him very much. Before he asked for your mothers hand in marrage...I showed him my powers, and told him that this curse might still be in our family. But when you were born, I didn't sense any spiritual power from you."He paused again, wiping a single tear that had welled up in his eye. "But, on that night nearly eleven years ago now. The night your mother and father were murdered. I was in Karakura Town. I was handling a hollow problem that had arisen there. But the instant your powers manifested, I felt it. Every person I was fighting alongside of, felt your power. Somehow, I knew it was you. On that night, I sealed my powers away, and made a vow that I would devote my life to keeping your powers under control. I didn't want you to have to live the life i had to live. But as time past, I got frustrated with you, I began to blame you for your mothers death. That is why I sent you to Karakua Town in the first place. I followed your progress, your getting stronger, but you still haven't mastered you abilities. Your trying to hard to control the spiritual energy."

"That, grandson, was why I called you back here earlier this year." He said, standing and slowly walking over to Kazu's side. "That was why I gave you My sword." Kazu started to speak at his grandfathers last comment, but stopped when his grandfather place a hand on his shoulder. "Yes, It is my sword, and it is the only object I can channel my power through. You see, our powers are different, but very similar. I absorb and redirect the spiritual energy just as you do, but, I need something to channel the energy through. A shinigami helped me forge that sword. That is why the sword would not work for you the way you wanted it to. You try so hard to force the energy to bend to your will. While it is effective. You will never reach your full potential that way." When he was finished speaking he removed his hand from Kazu's shoulder, and reached down and picked up the case containing the sword. In that instant, the spiritual pressure that was weighing on Kazuhiko like the weight of the entire world, lifted as if it was never there. Once it lifted a faint blue aura surrounded Kazuhiko. Being around the sword for so long still had his powers uncontrollable. But he barely had any strength left after being exposed to his grandfathers full power. He knew, deep inside himself, that what his grandfather was saying was exactly true. He had always tried so had to control the energy, and most of the time it blew up in his face, or had a severe backlash that left lasting scars. "Then what should I do, grandfather?" he asked his voice was humble, as was his spirit. "I will teach you how to properly use your powers. But first, you should address me properly. Since I am going to be teaching you for the next two months." A grin crept over his face at his grandfathers last comment. His grandfather had never let him call him this before. He watched as his grandfather withdrew the sword from the case Kazu had hidden it in and place in on a stand surrounded by candles. He knew the look in his grandfathers eyes, that was a look only reserved for the students of this dojo. "Please, Sensei. Teach me."
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 5:00 pm

:: The First day ::

After everything his grandfather had told him the day prior, Kazu was still overwhelmed, emotionally. He hadn't slept at all that night. The questions in his mind were driving him crazy. He was at the dojo just a few minutes before dawn, and was shocked to find the doors unlocked. He was even more surprised to find his grandfather sitting at the front of the dojo's main room in his training robes. Kazu opened his mouth to speak but was interupted by the stern voice of his grandfather: "Your late, Get changed, NOW!!"

Kazu quickly ran to the locker room and changed. He wasn't about to make his grandfather angry this early in the training. Once he was done he ran quickly into the main room, his bare feet sliding on the waxed wooden floors. He stopped and sat a few feet in front of his grandfather. He bowed, his forehead toughing the wooden floor. "I Apologize for my tardiness, Sensei. It will not happen again, I beg your forgiveness!" he said.

"This better be the last time. If you are late again, boy, You and I will spar, at my full power." He said coldly, sending a chill down Kazuhiko's spine. He had only felt his grandfathers power once, and something told him that wasn't the old mans full power. Kazu slowly sat up, and noticed that his grandfather had his sword sheathed sitting next to him. The sight of that sword confirmed that, in kazu's mind, He was gonna be in for a very long day.

"Now then, I have something for you." said the old man, pulling out a pair of black gloves. From what kazu could see they were fingerless, and possibly padded. But there was something odd about them, each of them had a metal plate on the back of the hands with a Kajin symbol he couldn't read at this distance. "But, you will have to earn these. All you have to do is defeat me in a spar." He said, smiling and standing. Before he could realize what was happening, Kazu was sent flying backwards. He hit the floor and rolled over onto his feet. "First rule: you never know when your opponent will attack, Always be prepared." His grandfather said, standing normally. Odd kazu thought, He hasn't moved an inch, but that was his reiatusu....how did he do that?!! Its almost like he threw it at me-. His thought were interrupted as several impacts hit him in the chest, knocking the wind out of him. He fell to one knee gasping for breath, his eyes still locked on his grandfather. His grandfather hadn't moved an inch, but his reiatusu seemed to form and fly at him. The attacks didn't hurt, they merely caught him off guard. This is insane..the reiatusu bends to just his will...what in the fuck is going on here?!!? He thought, anger and confusion mixed on his face. His eyes began to glow a dark blue hue, as he began to watch the reiatusu around his grandfather. What he saw made him pale. His grandfather saw the shocked expression on Kazuhiko's face and smiled. Kazu watched in horror as the reiatusu around his grandfather literally waved at him.

Then his grandfather vanished before his eyes. He had seen this before, shinigami did it all the time. His eyes darted about the room, trying desperately to find some trace of which way he had gone. Something touched and rand down the side of his neck, something that made him freeze in place. It was the cold backside of a sword. "That is known among us as Shukuchi. If I had been a real opponent, or a hollow, you would be dead." He said, pulling the blade back and stepping around his grandson. "I see you have seen something similar to this before. I am no surprised, shinigami seem to do it all the time. They call it shunpo, but remember what they do, and what we do, are different. No matter how similar they seem. This technique is something that i cannot teach you. You must learn it through experience." His grandfather said sternly. Somehow Kazu knew that this was going the be the most cruel and grueling training of his life. His grandfather vanished again, and a sharp pain stuck kazu stuck kazu on the top of his head, then his world went black.

"After just one hit, your already knocked out?" His grandfather said, letting out a long sigh. "This is going to be difficult for us both, Kazuhiko."

:: End of Week one::

The impact of the hilt of the sword sent him sailing backwards. He hit the floor hard, splintering some of the wood. His vision was blurred, His nose was broken, and he was bleeding from his forehead. But oddly enough, Kazu was smiling through his pain. He was beginning to understand, what his grandfather was teaching him. This was the fourth time they had sparred this week, and each time, his grandfather was putting more and more power into his attacks. But up until now kazu couldn't understand why the attack hit as hard as they did. He realized it on the last attack. He's releasing....no...the reiatusu is...flowing...almost bending to his will...no its something else... His thoughts were clouding his mind. He thought he understood how to use his power, but realized he was wrong. He stood slowly, his body felt weak, but still he smiled. He was enjoying this fight. His smile faded, though, as his grandfather held up his hand, motioning Kazu to stop. "Thats enough, boy. Now rest. And tend to your wounds." He said, walking to his office. That was strange Kazu thought. In the previous sparing matches he beat me to within an inch of my like...something is not right...

Last edited by Kazuhiko on Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : this post is WIP)
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 1:52 pm

:: End of Week Three of Training ::

It was the hottest day yet this summer in Okinawa. But it was a peaceful day at the dojo, save for the occasional sound of metal clashing, and of reiatusu colliding and exploding. But the strange thing was, these sounds weren't coming from inside the dojo, but from outside it.

He narrowly ducked under the sword as it swiped past his head. He saw an opening and took it, Raising out of his duck with an uppercut. The blow barely missed, catching the edge of his grandfathers robes as he used Shukuchi to get away. But this time was different then all the spars before today. This time kazu's 'sense' and eyes could follow him. He brought his forearm up and blocked the sword that was coming toward his neck. His Jimmu crackled and sent sparks and their two reiatusu's collided. "That won't work on me anymore, Old Man." Kazu said, putting some malice into his voice when regarding his Grandfather. His grandfather's vanish was his reply. The aura around Kazu flared with his aggravation. He could sense his grandfathers movement and jumped the instant before the old mans sword swept underneath him. He flipped backwards, landed and charged after his grandfather, Bringing his heel screaming towards the old man in a stepping side-kick. The grandfather's reply was a kick of his own. When their feet connected, a small burst of energy blew them apart. The both rolled and slide to a stop, facing each other.

They were both barely breathing heavy, but were sweating. But the odd thing was, they were both smiling. Kazu was meeting his father attack for attack. Neither one of them had the advantage right now, and they both knew it. But kazu's goal was to beat his grandfather. His goal was a simple one, that laid just barely out of his grasp until today. He was determined to get those gloves today. He was totally focused on this fight, and his powers were cooperating with him, flowing through him. This, he thought. This is how my powers the whole time. Stop trying to force my powers, just let them flow. So simple, yet so easy to forget. He smiled at that last thought. "Are you ok?" His grandfather asked him. The question brought a smile to Kazu's face. "Why do you ask, Sensie?" He said, not taking his eyes off his grandfather. "Since we started sparring today, you haven't tried to attack me once with that left hand of yours. Why is that?" His grandfather asked, a tone of pure concern in his voice.

Kazuhiko's reply was simple. He charged towards his grandfather, his left hand trailing behind him. His hand was open, and a sphere of dark blue reiatusu formed the instant his hand opened. He had been storing part of his reiatusu there the whole fight. He brought his hand up in front of his face, pointing the sphere directly at his grandfather. His grandfather did exactly what he thought he would, raise his sword above his head. The sword took a green aura around it. They both spoke at the same time.

"KIYOSHI IKARI!!!"
"KIYOSHI IKARI!!!"

The shock wave from the two blasts of energy colliding could be felt for miles away, even by those not spiritually sensitive. It was enough to turn some heads in the general direction of the blast. The Ground around the dojo shook violently. As the dust began to settle a scene that was most unexpected began to reveal itself. Both Kazuhiko and his grandfather were still standing, But their faces were inches from each other. The old man's swords was completely impaling Kazu's left hand. A small pool of blood was already forming on the ground below it. "I win." Said the old man. What kazu did next shocked his grandfather. He pushed his hand further down the blade, grabbing his grandfathers hand in his. A small smirk appeared on kazu's face before he spoke next "No, sensie. I win..". Kazuhiko's right hand was just a few inches from his grandfathers chest, but his fist wasn't clenched. His hand was open. Inside his hand a baseball sized sphere of reiatusu was formed. His grandfather glanced down at the energy sphere and couldn't help but smile. "It seems you do win this time Kazuhiko. Smart move, Letting me impale your hand to get a hold of me. Dangerous gamble, but it worked out for you. You were storing that energy the whole time weren't you?" said his grandfather. Kazu smiled as he spoke: "Sometimes you have to gamble to win. And no, i just formed that by letting my powers flow. Arigatō, Sensei . I understand now."

::Later that evening::

Kazuhiko gave his grandfather one last wave. His left hand was bandaged, but his right had a new glove on in. One of the gloves he had earned from his grandfather. He looked at the glove again, the etching on the metal was simple, but meant so much to him. Both the gloves had the same etching on them. He smiled, thinking about what these gloves meant to him. These gloves were made for him, and his powers. His powers wouldn't damage these gloves. From now on, he was going to make his father, mother, and grandfather proud. He turned and started walking towards the waiting cab, to start his journey back to Karakura Town. The town he will protect from now on.

The etching reads: Shugojin (守護神, or Divine protector)
Back to top Go down
Kazuhiko

Kazuhiko

Male

PostSubject: Re: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:25 pm

((OOC Post and explanation

basically the whole point behind this thread, was, for Me to re-work how Kazuhiko's powers work.

Change #1: He has to have his gloves on to use his powers to their maximum potential.

Change #2: Jimmu now creates a semi-transparent armor around his fingers, hands, forearms, Feet, and up to just above his knees. Now the main change is that when he punches, kicks, knees, etc. the impact creates an explosion of spirit energy.

Change #3: KIYOSHI IKARI: Kazu can now use this without preemptively charging it. But it will not be as effective. If he charges it, however, Its range, and destructive capabilities are enhanced based on the number of posts he spends charging it. Also He can form the attack how he sees fit, meaning A cone, in an explosion around him, a beam attack, a bomb-like attack, or even as a punch.

These changes will take effect at rank 2 ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Going with the Flow. (Solo)   Going with the Flow. (Solo) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Going with the Flow. (Solo)
Page 1 of 1